we all know that the default GTASA Sniper Scope is 4-way symmetry. that way we cannot use today's modern sniper scope like the famous PSO-1. this mod will change it by showing the custom scope, located inside the DSS.txd and replacing the original sniper scope inside gta3.txd with a blank one, that way the custom sniper scope texture will not collide with the original scope, since the original is made transparent. you can edit the DSS.txd file and publish it in any modding website.
i made this mod all by myself. even the PSO-1 scope is created from scratch, this is also my first mod.
compare the night sniping screenshot between the illuminated and unilluminated mode. the illumination really helps.
NOTE: the texture used for the sniper scope is very high resolution (2048x1024) so that small resolution GTASA user might have a trouble seeing the reticule.
current version is v2.30
- v1.00: first release, allowing custom asymmetrical sniper scope to be used inside GTASA.
- v1.10: updated DSS.cs file to be more effective at system resource usage and might reduce lag in low-end system, since the texture database is only loaded once, not everytime you press RMB when using sniper.
- v2.00: adding scope illumination ability. press H when using sniper and not aiming to switch mode between illuminated and unilluminated mode
- v2.10: fixing a minor bug when you press H but the scope didnt change
- v2.20: fixing the famous "White Bug" that happen when there's 2 onscreen texture from different CLEO script collide, the bug when you use sniper as selected weapon underwater but the scope texture sstill appears, also making the script more stable by adding opcode 0256 and 09E7 (thanks to ZAZ for giving me the stabilizer)
- v2.30: refining scope texture, adding grunge, making it more realistic.
- Special Edition, Zeller-H ASR: released
more info and installation instructions will be at the readme contained in this mod.