Photo

Mission Bug?

4 replies to this topic
Tisello
  • Tisello

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

When i take the mission "I'll take her..." from Gerry it says i'm supposed to kidnap some girl after contacted her on the internet. So i give packie a call as i'm intended to do and he explains some to me. Then i head off to a internet café. But when i'm supposed to sit down at the computer it says "Press F to use the computer" so i do... but nothing happens!!! :@ i've tried all internet cafés, restarting my computer and looked on internet but no1 seems to have the same problem as I? wth should i do?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

You're either using an illegal copy or a no-cd crack. You being unable to access the computer is an anti-piracy measure implemented by Rockstar to prevent people like you from enjoying the game.

Buy the game or if you have bought it, get rid of the no-cd crack. That's the only way you're going to get rid of the trigger.

Tisello
  • Tisello

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

lol wth? i've bought the game and run it by my cd as usual... i've used the internet on gta iv many times before :S

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Are you using any mods? If yes, get rid of them.

If this is a clean installation, then there is no way that a legitimate copy will have this problem. In that case, I'll have to say that you're lying.

Boris_Chavez
  • Boris_Chavez

Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

Or try pressing E rather than F to access the computer, or whatever else you have mapped as the default action key for pick up object, hail taxi, etc, as opposed to the one for enter vehicle, etc.

Plus you should have needed to be able to access a computer much earlier in the game during Brucie's missions, e.g. to set up the date with French Tom and to access a police car computer to find Lyle Rivas. Use whatever key you used back then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users