GTA GENERAL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
ATM0SPHERE
  • ATM0SPHERE

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

Hey guys, Just a suggestion but there are several repetitive topics or topics that have to do with GTA in general not just a single Gta. I believe there should be a Gta General overall area which has to do with multiple GTA games where we can compare charters, discuss similarities and differences in stories etc. since there are topics that have to do with multiple GTA's...
Examples:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=418360
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=418364
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=326514

What does everyone else think? I believe this would be a good Idea and should be considered fully, Thanks.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

This has been brought up quite a few times before. Here's a more recent topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=410605

The general consensus is that there aren't enough general topics to warrant an entire section of its own. If you need to make a general topic, you're allowed to post it in the NeXt forum. That's what has been decided.

ATM0SPHERE
  • ATM0SPHERE

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Well, there wasn't that many event topics either... So we're suppose to post previous/multiple gta topics in future GTA area? Total.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

You can't compare that to the Events forum. When we're talking about general GTA topics, there are only a handful of topics that come to my mind, most of which are 'favourites' topics that are repeated over and over again. Anything other than that can easily go in their respective GTA forums.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (ATM0SPHERE @ Jul 18 2009, 09:39)
Well, there wasn't that many event topics either...

Which is exactly why the events forum was created, to encourage more users to join/create multiplayer activities, which are more than plain discussions.
There just aren't too many general GTA topics to warrant a separate forum IMO. It would be most suited to the NeXt forum (IIRC, someone even suggested renaming NeXt to something more appropriate, so that it could cover both discussions about future GTAs and general GTA Chat).

Damon 
  • Damon 

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

Maybe a name change for the NeXt section could be implemented to clear that up. "GTA NeXt/General GTA Discussion" or something of that ilk.

ATM0SPHERE
  • ATM0SPHERE

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Well, If it had its own section it'd be neater If I want to talk about CJ tommy and Niko I don't wanna look through tons of future GTA ideas and secondly if it keeps getting suggested maybe you should take a hint and get on it...
& the whole not enough topics thing... there wasn't enough event topics either BUT since having its own area look at the events topic now! That's amazing, isn't it guys?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

You're still not getting the point. The reason people keep suggesting it is because they're fairly new members and don't realize that we don't need a separate forum for those topics.

You don't have to look through tons of NeXt topics. Use the search function. It's disabled for now, but it will be back up soon.

With the Events forum, there are always new event ideas and tournaments coming up and hence, having a separate forum for it is justified. This is not the case with these general GTA topics. If you notice carefully, you'll see a pattern to these general topics. As I said before, there are only a select few types of topics that fall into this category and it's only those topics that keep getting repeated. Topics like favourite GTA, favourite character, favourite mission, character wars, gang wars and maybe a few other topics. These topics can hardly be called as worthy contributions and border really close to spam. I have noticed people don't take much effort while posting in these topics anyways. And that is why a separate forum for such topics is not justified.

On a similar note, changing the NeXt forum name to indicate that general topics can also go in there is something worth considering instead of a new forum.

ATM0SPHERE
  • ATM0SPHERE

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

There's not that many topics in the Events forum.... there is a few yeah but most are not even successful. There can and are plenty of general GTA topics your just in the shore of the ocean. It is a bit odd that since this is you know.... GTA forums but the most popular area has nothing to do with GTA., Go figure. It'd just look more appealing, that's all I don't really care if there is a GTA general area but you guys should be a bit more open to some ideas I see that all new ideas are pretty much No and shot down right away.

about the NeXt forum.. A name change would be a good idea if that's where it is suppose to be anyway.. Still think a sub forum or a forum would be the most sexy though!

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

Well, there is an Ultimate Radio Station Poll for all GTAs in the Announcements forum. With that logic, all general GTA topics should be posted in there.
How is that forum kept so neat, just btw?
Do people just not post new topics in there at all, or are they all deleted from there asap?

Damon 
  • Damon 

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Only Mods and Admins can post threads in the Announcements section.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

They should definitely make a general discussion one, either that or rename the GTAneXt to General GTA Discussion or something, because it's definitely needed, I mean I really do not understand why we don't have this already, it's a MUST have section

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (girishb)
General GTA chat belongs in the NeXt forum

QUOTE (GTArv)

QUOTE (girishb)

QUOTE (girishb)

Take the hint already. Sure, they could add 'General GTA chat belongs in here' to the forum description, but people don't read that anyway. Besides, GTA NeXt sounds way cooler then GTA NeXt/General GTA Chat. dozingoff.gif

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

There aren't enough topics. The topics that do exist do just fine in the General Discussion of the most recently released GTA game.

Creating a 'general' forums on any subject simply encourages the lazier individual to make no attempt at finding the necessary forum. They may not find the correct forum if looking to make a more general GTA topic - but they will hopefully post in one of the General Discussion sections and introduce the topic with "I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...". This is a small price to pay in comparison to having a staff member relentlessly fish through topics to decide if they belong in a 'general' forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users