Photo

How did you discover...

100 replies to this topic
Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I was in ASDA with dad, getting Driver 2. I just picked up a copy when dad suddenly came up to me with GTA 2 (for PSone) and a little cheat book for it. He recommended I get GTA 2 rather than Driver 2, so for some reason I went with dad and got GTA.

Never looked back colgate.gif

liam.
  • liam.

Non-Stop Pop FM & Mirror Park Radio <3

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

My friend bought the first GTA, and he let me play it with him - thus I became a fan ever since. smile.gif

avitia
  • avitia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (blahblah1212 @ Jul 18 2009, 06:37)
The first GTA I ever played was San Andreas. One day my cousin brought the PS2 version over and we played 2 player on it for about 6 hours blush.gif . After that I didn't play it for about a year until my best friend and I played SA for a couple hours. That was when I fell in love with GTA and I bought SA for myself and the rest is history smile.gif .

Mine was the exact same thing!

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

It happened when I got a PS2, i was 12 and I saw the game at Toys-R-us and asked my mom if I could get it. Not knowing anything of video games she agreed and I took it home and played. It was the best game ever I thought to myself when I beat it. Then came San-Andreas and that game made me fall in love with GTA, I've been GTA since.

Mahi
  • Mahi

Mr. 48

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

I think i was 12 years old, and my two older brothers were 18 and 19 when GTA III was released on PC.

I had never heard of any previous GTA -games back then, but my brothers shat their pants when they got hold of the GTA III PC version (cuz they played the other two games + Londons countless of times).

And boy did we play the sh*t out of it! By the third time finishing it, we knew everything about LC, the cars, the characters (and their lines in the cut scenes), and the missions and all kinds of stuff.

I recently noticed that same old box that contains GTA III on my shelf, and now that my brothers have started lives of their own, I was thinking that I should some day play it through once again to bring back those sweet memories.

Boris_Chavez
  • Boris_Chavez

Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

First really noticed the GTA buzz when GTA3 came out on PC, felt wary when it became clear you needed "a blessed PC" (at the time) to get it running properly. Got interested again by the buzz when VC came out but thought it looked pants on PS2, got interested enough to pre-order it for PC on seeing a really well illustrated review. Never looked back since or ever really begrudged all the hardware upgrades, and haven't missed my previous taste for FPS games (that went right back to Wolfenstein 3D and Blake Stone - who remembers that one? - and then Doom), to the extent that I found Half-Life 2 really boring and still haven't even finished it.

monyg
  • monyg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

I was 7-8 years old and brother bought a PS2 and GTA3 from wal-mart. I didnt know jack crap about video games at the time because i was young. But he told if i wanted to play and i did. i was impressed by what you could do that i got hooked onto GTA

samuellau93
  • samuellau93

Its only business...

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:59 AM

Vice City Stories for the PSP. Wasnt the Greatest Game to start knowing GTA but, hey! At least it got me hooked.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (samuellau93 @ Jul 19 2009, 01:59)
Vice City Stories for the PSP. Wasnt the Greatest Game to start knowing GTA but, hey! At least it got me hooked.

Oh weird starting one. But yeah, it's still a really good game. Have you played Vice City and San Andreas? Or did you just hop right onto GTA IV? If you "can" (if you've played IV already), and you haven't played any of those, then you must. They are really great games.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:02 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 19 July 2009 - 03:04 AM.

I was 12 when I first played GTA.

It was 1998, and I was over at a friend's house. His brother rented this game called "Grand Theft Auto". We were interested in it, so when his brother wasn't playing it we took it into his room, and put it into the PS1.

Needless to say from that moment we couldn't get off it, and after that I had GTA in my blood for life. Can't believe it's been 11 years since I was bitten by the GTA bug.

ADirtyWindow
  • ADirtyWindow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

I spent the night with a friend and he showed me GTA:VC... I practically spent all night playing it. Vice City was my first hit of the GTA drug.

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:20 AM

In a game store. GTA II.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Played GTA2 quite a lot over at my friend's house on his PlayStation. I loved it, so I went out and bought GTA1 from Kmart for my own PS1 tounge.gif

Lavalization
  • Lavalization

Im An Assassin Shhhh

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

i must have been into gaming at the time but on the ps1 i got a go of gta2 didnt think much of it and occasionally played it, then when i saw gta 3 i was hooked and like 6 or 7 years old lol

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

i remember i played GTA1 while back ago but i didnt know its GTA, first "real" GTA was Vice City, I saw my friend playing it, i was confused, i was like "wheres timelimit? wheres score? wheres aliens?" when i heard music from games ingame radio, i asked "wheres that sound coming from?" it came from game i was confused that game included REAL music

hooky
  • hooky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

i played gta 1 on playstation at a friends place first game i ever got addicted to..
i had to buy a playstation to get that game..
and the gta story of buying playstations has continued from there..

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

First time I played GTA was GTA VC. I was 9 or 10 (2002 or 2003) and I went to my neighbor's house to play some PS2. My neighbor was then playing GTA VC which looked absolutely stunning to me. He letted me play (even though I sucked since I barely ever played PS2 before that, all I knew was X to drive, circle to attack, and D-Pad/Left Analog Stick to move, didn't know R1 was to aim), and I had such a blast. I remember tipping over a car and not knowing what was going on. After seeing the car start on fire and blow up on me from not exiting or not getting away on time I got that great feeling from seeing that. Another classic was going to the mall in Vice Point and doing the RPG rampage (RamPaGe) only to blow myself up.

adri1456
  • adri1456

GTA Player

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:55 AM Edited by adri1456, 19 July 2009 - 06:59 AM.

my older brother was playing GTA:III on the PS2. I was naive with video games and only had played GT3. When I saw him stealing a police car and ramming the store's window to get the banshee then killing peds, I was intrigued that a video game would let you do that (I was between 10 - 13 at that time). Oddly enough, that was the age that my younger brother got into the game (I think he started with GTA:VC)

EDIT: damn, I just realized my join date: 04/04/04! biggrin.gif

mjw911
  • mjw911

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jul 19 2009, 05:53)
First time I played GTA was GTA VC. I was 9 or 10 (2002 or 2003) and I went to my neighbor's house to play some PS2. My neighbor was then playing GTA VC which looked absolutely stunning to me. He letted me play (even though I sucked since I barely ever played PS2 before that, all I knew was X to drive, circle to attack, and D-Pad/Left Analog Stick to move, didn't know R1 was to aim), and I had such a blast. I remember tipping over a car and not knowing what was going on. After seeing the car start on fire and blow up on me from not exiting or not getting away on time I got that great feeling from seeing that. Another classic was going to the mall in Vice Point and doing the RPG rampage (RamPaGe) only to blow myself up.

how did you get the O and X and R1 buttons to show up?? thats awesome!

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:19 AM Edited by steven, 20 July 2009 - 05:02 AM.

I actually found out about this site first, and I didn't know what GTA was. So I looked around here and found out, so I decided to get GTA 1 and try it out. I liked it, and I bought Vice City a couple of years later, followed by LCS and IV.

edit - forgot about III and SA, lol

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (mjw911 @ Jul 19 2009, 22:15)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jul 19 2009, 05:53)
First time I played GTA was GTA VC.  I was 9 or 10 (2002 or 2003) and I went to my neighbor's house to play some PS2.  My neighbor was then playing GTA VC which looked absolutely stunning to me.  He letted me play (even though I sucked since I barely ever played PS2 before that, all I knew was  X   to drive,  circle   to attack, and D-Pad/Left Analog Stick to move, didn't know  R1   was to aim), and I had such a blast.  I remember tipping over a car and not knowing what was going on.  After seeing the car start on fire and blow up on me from not exiting or not getting away on time I got that great feeling from seeing that.  Another classic was going to the mall in Vice Point and doing the RPG rampage (RamPaGe) only to blow myself up.

how did you get the O and X and R1 buttons to show up?? thats awesome!

When you are replying or quoting (I'm not sure if it's on the "Fast Reply" function), there is a button that says "PS2 Cheat". Click that and click a symbol.

I'm off!
triangle triangle square circle X L1 L1 down up

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:40 AM

Delete post please.....

rampage!
  • rampage!

I'm magically delicious

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

My brother bought GTA 2 for the ps2. My favorite part was the rampages (duh). Then I bought the GTA III/ Vice City bundle. Hooked to the series ever since.

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (adri1456 @ Jul 18 2009, 23:55)
EDIT: damn, I just realized my join date: 04/04/04! biggrin.gif

Well just be glad it isn't 06/06/06!

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

GTA3 back in 2003. I was choosing 2 games (Along with my PS2) and was going to pick up True Crime L.A and a WWE Smackdown game. Once at the register I changed my mind and went for GTA 3. I left the WWE game and got True Crime and GTA 3.

A great decision I made. colgate.gif GTA 3 was way better than True Crime. Always loved the GTA 3 environment.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

I was 7 years old, when my uncle who lives in a f*ckin' far away city sent me a cd including some games like doom2, F-22 lightning 2 and GTA 1, I became addicted right away to all of them, but my pc went tilt and a phony pc technician said he would fix it but never took the pc back....... devil.gif
anyway, only some years ago I had a pc back (not the same), but I was far from the GTA universe, although I aways wanted to play it again, only last year I was hooked again, first by GTAVC( inlove.gif ), then GTA3( inlove.gif ), bought a ps2 and now I play GTASA( inlove.gif ), but I didn't played GTAIV yet, I said YET..........

xIITomIIx
  • xIITomIIx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

Im 16 now, but when I was about 7, my brother bought gta 1. From then on, I have loved it ever since.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

I played GTA 1 over at my brother's house. That was my first time tounge.gif . And from then on I got every part (except VCS and Chinatown Wars).

nufc-niko
  • nufc-niko

nufc-niko

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

My mate had Grand Theft Auto 1 and it looked like it sucked. A few years later, my brother and his mate had GTA: Liberty City and I played it a few times, approaching it pretty immaturaly ('Woah his head came off and when I shot it') or just gunning down masses of people. I never really got into that game or Vice City; but my brother did. I then completed Vice City, San Andreas, became an addict - and massively awaited for the release of IV.

cool.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

Played GTA 1 back in 1997 and never really got the hang of it. Brother rented GTA 2 in 1999 and never returned it (he left for Spain instead). I ended up playing it and started getting into it. Though my first taste of GTA wasn't until I got GTA VC for Christmas in 2002, though I didn't play it until buying GTA III first and completing that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users