Photo

How did you discover...

100 replies to this topic
mjw911
  • mjw911

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

For many people, GTA 4 was the first GTA game they have played. But for many people (especially people on this website) its not. tounge2.gif lol

My story:
The first time I saw a GTA game was when my brother was playing in on his computer. At the time I didnt understand the concept of the game and didnt care about it. But it was when Vice city came out, that I understood what this series was about. Ever since The release date of GTA Vice City I have become a GTA addict. inlove.gif

so whats your story on how you discovered GTA?

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

One day my friend brought over GTA vice city, we played it together for awhile......and then I didn't play one for years.

Then another friend living nearby had Gta SA, for the xbox, he let me borrow it for awhile, I played for a bit.

Then I got a playstation2, I got vice city, religiously did the hotring as many times as possible.

I would say Vice City was my first True Gta played, but I actually played SA seriously first..........

witsalldonebefor
  • witsalldonebefor

Hello.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

I first played GTA3 on the PS2, it was the first game I bought for it. It was awesome, but I didn't have a memory card so it took me a while to beat the game.

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

The first GTA I ever played was San Andreas. One day my cousin brought the PS2 version over and we played 2 player on it for about 6 hours blush.gif . After that I didn't play it for about a year until my best friend and I played SA for a couple hours. That was when I fell in love with GTA and I bought SA for myself and the rest is history smile.gif .

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

I forgot if i was 10 or 11 i went to the game store and saw a cool looking game called GTAVC. I asked my mom if we could buy it and she did (not knowing what it was). I went home and got instantly hooked into the GTA series.

totter
  • totter

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:03 AM

I was much younger, and two of my cousins were playing GTA1 on their playstation 1. It had just been released here. The next day I got it myself, and ever since I've been playing the GTA games!

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:07 AM

I was 7, and I went to my friends house, and I was looking through his games, and randomly picked GTA III.

I always dreamed of a game where you can do whatever you want. And finally, discovered GTA III.

Since I saw that guy like once every two months, I only played it once every two months, so it was hard to get bored of it. Finally in 2002 I got a PS2, and in 2003 I got GTA III

aldisdzerve
  • aldisdzerve

PetrolHead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

First taste of GTA come when it was installed on schools computer (i was then 4th class) (it was GTA1 and its just come out). So after that i played every gta game except Lost And Damned.... sad.gif Didn't like Xbox fror some reasons! smile.gif

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

First time I discovered GTA was when I played GTA: Vice City on my dads friends PS2 when I was eight.

Standart
  • Standart

GTA IV Received :)

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

I discovered GTA when my brother bought the very first one,then the second one and all up to GTA 4. Always loved this game!
*All on PSone,PS2 and PC.*

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

I first discovered GTA on the PSone, with the original Grand Theft Auto game (GOURANGA!). A friend had bought the console and some games, and was hooked on the GTA game particularly. I began playing it too, had never seen anything like it. After that, I bought and played the whole series, right up to today, where I am hooked on GTAIV. But I only managed to catch all the Elvises together once on GTA2! (uh-huh-huh). cool.gif

Standart
  • Standart

GTA IV Received :)

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Jul 18 2009, 12:38)
I first discovered GTA on the PSone, with the original Grand Theft Auto game (GOURANGA!). A friend had bought the console and some games, and was hooked on the GTA game particularly. I began playing it too, had never seen anything like it. After that, I bought and played the whole series, right up to today, where I am hooked on GTAIV. But I only managed to catch all the Elvises together once on GTA2! (uh-huh-huh). cool.gif

haha! Those Elvises was the funniest thing on the game lol.gif

Hajduk
  • Hajduk

One love Rasta!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

it was in 2002 or 2003 i was 7 years old, my neighbour/friend had VC and we started playing i was always hiting every human i saw, hit him/her only 1 time so after few minutes 100 people was behind me trying to beat me down. Later i borowed vice city for my PS2 from my cousin, and i got adicted, but i never buyed VC, dont remember why, i waited for SA and then i buyed it in 2004. And got addicted, i was playing it every dayfor the next two years

major underscore
  • major underscore

The GTAF Moralist

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

I first started playing this series with GTA 1 back in the day and later GTA 2. After that I played other games for some years and then discovered Vice City and was struck by how awesome it was (3D!). After that I got GTA 3 and later San Andreas when it was released.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

One day in Italy when i was about 10 or more, I saw a GTA game being played, I think it was III or Vice city, and anyway i loved killing people, so when i came back, i saw it in shops, and then i my parents bought it for me when i was 12.

owl95
  • owl95

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

First GTA I played was 2. Good old times inlove.gif

completeidiot23
  • completeidiot23

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

I used to play carmageddon, and my dad said that there was a game like this. So i went to the vid shop and rented gta 1 &2 . since then i was hooked.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Standart @ Jul 18 2009, 09:49)
QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Jul 18 2009, 12:38)
I first discovered GTA on the PSone, with the original Grand Theft Auto game (GOURANGA!).  A friend had bought the console and some games, and was hooked on the GTA game particularly.  I began playing it too, had never seen anything like it.  After that, I bought and played the whole series, right up to today, where I am hooked on GTAIV.  But I only managed to catch all the Elvises together once on GTA2!  (uh-huh-huh).    cool.gif

haha! Those Elvises was the funniest thing on the game lol.gif

They were funny! You will remember, you just heard, out of nowhere, "uh-huh-huh" in the manner of Elvis and then had to frantically look for them in a group. When I eventually managed to mow them all down in one go and it came up with "ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING", I leapt out the chair and cheered. But never managed to get them like that again. cool.gif

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

My dad brought home a demo of GTA1 (PC) shortly after it was released, and then I got the full game a few weeks later. I was 8 at the time! cry.gif Thanks Dad. tounge.gif

Still got the original box, though it's not in the greatest condition:

user posted image

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

First time was in 2002 when my neighbor and me played GTA III at his house. Then my neighbor bought GTA Vice City a couple of weeks later. However, it was not until 2004 when GTA San Andreas was released that I bought the games myself.

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

The first time I played GTA was when my dad let me play GTA 2 on the PC back in '99 when I was a wee little 9 year-old.Ahh the memories...

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:53 PM Edited by VickeX, 18 July 2009 - 04:32 PM.

QUOTE (adamcs @ Jul 18 2009, 15:10)
My dad brought home a demo of GTA1 (PC) shortly after it was released, and then I got the full game a few weeks later.  I was 8 at the time! cry.gif  Thanks Dad. tounge.gif

Still got the original box, though it's not in the greatest condition:

user posted image

Awh. I'd buy that. But i guess you'll never want to get rid of it. Hah.

I first played GTA 1 when my family was at our familyfriends (you know, a whole family that is your whole familys friend), and the kid in their family and i was playing GTA 1 on his playstation one. Oh that was beutiful. Loved it.

I remember the broken bridge we were trying to jump over. I don't think this was to long after it's the release of the game. But i only played it a couple of hours then, and then some month later when i were at his place again. Then it was quite quiet, or at least so i remember. It was such a long time ago so i can't remember. Anywho, then after i got my Playstation 1, sometime i found in a store, or i found it and asked my dad or mom to buy it for me, GTA 2. I thought it was the same game, or sort of at least. Well, that's where my real GTA-geekism started. I remember the days where we could be three or four guys in my room (including my self) just wrecking a havok in Anywhere City. Trying to blow up the most amount of cars simultaneously etc, until we died and then switched player.

And the wonderfull time i had, when i could play for an hour just letting my friends watch. Ah. Egoistic times. inlove.gif

Oh well. So that's how i started of i think.

Edit: I was about 6 or 7 years old at the time.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

So many of us have started playing the GTA series from an early age. I wonder how many of us out there have turned into serial killers because of it? tounge2.gif

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Jul 18 2009, 15:55)
So many of us have started playing the GTA series from an early age. I wonder how many of us out there have turned into serial killers because of it? tounge2.gif

+0

Go on. rolleyes.gif

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

I remember the first GTA game I saw was the first at a friends house on the PS1 but we were more into Spec Ops at the time. The first time I really took notice of the franchise was when Vice City was released and a friend had it and I thought it was amazing, I'd never seen a game where you could control the environment around you to such an extent. So I bought the game, then San Andreas, Vice City Stories, borrowed Liberty City Stories and now GTAIV. But I'll never forget playing Vice City for the first time, it blew my mind, at the age of 11 or something confused.gif

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

I was 12 and I was over my friend's aunt's house and my friend asked if I wanted to play Grand Theft Auto 3, but I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying because I was talking to his cousin, so I said, ''Psh, that game is whack''. At the time I thought he said Gran Turismo 3 (I hated racing games at the time). So after I was bored being upstairs I went downstairs to give in to the boring racing game and then I saw my friend playing GTA 3. I saw Claude beating the hell out of people and shooting people, I was in love inlove.gif . Because of my foolish thought that he meant GT3 instead of GTA3, I only had 10 minutes to shoot Triads and kick peds. sad.gif . After that, I couldn't stop thinking about the game as we went back to New York City. I never got to play GTA again until Vice City came out.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Sorry, I don't know how that double posted.

Shamrock910
  • Shamrock910

Pothead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

I first heard about GTA when the media was talking about evil it was (vice city was just about to be released) so when VC came out I immediatley went and picked it up. devil.gif Gotta thank the media for that one.

After that I went back and got part III just to catch up. Didn't play the first two as I freakin HATE top down view games.

Had every GTA that's come out on the systems (not handhelds) since.

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

My cousin brought GTA III over on my PS2 when I was 6 and I quickly became an addict. I got the game when I was 7 and have been playing GTA ever since.

Deej.
  • Deej.

War. War never changes.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

The first GTA I discovered and played was Vice city.I was pretty young, and was visiting my -I sh*t you not here- my Grandma's house, and she had recently bought an X-box. I was looking through her games, found Vice City, asked if I could play it, and she said that I could. Been in love with the series ever since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users