Why not Americans?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic
Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:05 AM Edited by Cilogy, 30 July 2009 - 12:35 AM.

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 29 2009, 10:19)
QUOTE (GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK @ Jul 29 2009, 02:38)
Why can't Rockstar just pick someone born and raised in American and one who looks like American like Brad Pitt.

Let's see...

• Claude was born and raised in America, for all we know.

• Tommy was born and raised in America, for all we know.

• Carl was born and raised in America.

• Mike was born and raised in America, for all we know.

• Toni was born and raised in America, for all we know.

• Victor was born and raised in America, for all we know.

• Johnny was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Good enough for you?

Brad Pitt is no more American than anyone else. His family floated over on to this country on a ship just like everybody else's. Unless you want a Native American protagonist, you're going to find that every character has a trace of European/Asian/African in them.

Actually, I thought the Vance brothers were born in like Haiti or DomRep or something right? 'Cause I remember the third brother is still "at home" and there was speculation that this third brother was the one who was actually shot down at the beginning cut scenes of GTA Vice City and people were arguing over the fact that he has a "south of the border" accent.

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

even with these simple answers people still dont get it confused.gif (Am I the only one who couldn't help to notice how similer this conversation is with American president Obama's birth cirtificate fiasco is ? tounge.gif )

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Cilogy @ Jul 30 2009, 03:05)
Actually, I thought the Vance brothers were born in like Haiti or DomRep or something right? 'Cause I remember the third brother is still "at home" and there was speculation that this third brother was the one who was actually shot down at the beginning cut scenes of GTA Vice City and people were arguing over the fact that he has a "south of the border" accent.

In the beginning of Vice City Vic was shot down, not Pete ( third brother ), which was asthmatic. Rockstar just remodeled this character just like Jim Fitzgerald beetwen GTA IV and TLAD.

I think this whole converstaion is a little pointless. If protagonist isn't american like Niko, that makes him worse that others? Is he subhuman or something? Some of us should ease of a little. Important thing is that the game is fantastic and told great story about human life, not nationality of protagonist. Some of us think that the white Brad Pitt is better that Niko Bellic or Johny the Jew. (Klebitz is a jew - so what) Rockstar for some time is trying to teach us a tolerance for other races. Niko is Yugoslavian, Huang is Chinesse, Johny is an american Jew. You wouldn't play in game because of nationality of protagonist? Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

wesley545
  • wesley545

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

Even a 'Native American' would be an Asian in the long run.

something_else
  • something_else

C M Y K

• The Connection

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (wesley545 @ Jul 30 2009, 08:41)
Even a 'Native American' would be an Asian in the long run.

Everyone is African in the long run.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

This is sych a stupid, pointless, idiotic thread with so many issues...I love it. Comedy gold.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Jul 30 2009, 09:31)
Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

I hope you're being sarcastic. confused.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

So what is it? Are native Americans based on skin colors? "African-Americans" are also native Americans, just because their skin color is the same as people who were transported to America for slavery doesn't mean they aren't American in the current life. If they are called African-American, then how about calling the whites "Euro-American"? (I'm not being racist in any way because I'm white too.) We know the whites in USA originated from Europe, so isn't that right to say nobody is native American? Judging by the topic starters theory.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Nobody is native to anywhere if you go far enough back in history. We all started off in Africa and spread out from there. Though Native Americans were the oldest known inhabitants of the Americas, but even they migrated over from Russia across the Bering Strait.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 30 2009, 18:15)
Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

Of course. I don't mean to offend him or something. I didn't write this serious.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Jul 30 2009, 16:39)

Of course. I don't mean to offend him or something. I didn't write this serious.

I was more referring to the fact the homophobe is somebody who dislikes homosexuals (or bisexuals & transgender people), not different nationalities. That would be a xenophobe (or racist, depending on whether he was attacking their ethnicity or not). Just saying.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 30 2009, 18:43)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Jul 30 2009, 16:39)

I was more referring to the fact the homophobe is somebody who dislikes homosexuals (or bisexuals & transgender people), not different nationalities. That would be a xenophobe (or racist, depending on whether he was attacking their ethnicity or not). Just saying.

Damn my bad. I want to write xenophobe in the first place. I don't know what happened but I thought of one word and wtote another. Sorry.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Sorry, but reading this thread I can't help but think of the holocaust. GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK wants a white American protagonist with no other races. It's GTA, to play the game you don't need the player to be a christian American without any disabilities and has what you would consider to be correct principles on sexuality biggrin.gif

wesley545
  • wesley545

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

I think this is ready for a lock.

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Claude - American
Tommy - Italian-American
Toni - Italian-American
Victor - Afro-American
Carl - Afro-American
Niko - European
Johnny - American
Luis - Latin-American (I really don't know that)
Huang - Asian
there are mostly americans, except for Niko and Huang.

My question would be - why there is too much americans in GTA games.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Cursed @ Jul 30 2009, 16:02)
Sorry, but reading this thread I can't help but think of the holocaust. GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK wants a white American protagonist with no other races. It's GTA, to play the game you don't need the player to be a christian American without any disabilities and has what you would consider to be correct principles on sexuality biggrin.gif

The OP thinks WASPs are the only "Real" Americans. What's really sad and pathetic is too many think like him.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (DimitriRUS @ Jul 30 2009, 14:21)
Claude - American
Tommy - Italian-American
Toni - Italian-American
Victor - Afro-American
Carl - Afro-American
Niko - European
Johnny - American
Luis - Latin-American (I really don't know that)
Huang - Asian
there are mostly americans, except for Niko and Huang.

My question would be - why there is too much americans in GTA games.

Actually Claude is either Euro-American or Asian-American (he's white anyways). Victor is not African-American, he's half Dominican-American and half Euro-American. Johnny is said to be Jewish-American if Jewish is also a heritage. Is somebody from Jerusalem called Jewish? I know Jewish is a religion. Luis was not born in the U.S. and he is Dominican.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (wesley545 @ Jul 30 2009, 15:36)
I think this is ready for a lock.

Agreed… the person that started this topic just keeps egging people on with his dimwitted remarks and comebacks… he’s probably just sitting back and laughing at everyone for commenting on his chauvinistic topic.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:44 AM

I'm part Irish, part German and part some other stuff. But I'm all American. Well, I was born in Texas which is sort of like Mexico.

And I'm not in a GTA game, but I do help moderate a GTA forum and I find this thread pretty much pointless. As I understand it, Niko is the first GTA protagonist who wasn't born in America, which renders the whole topic pretty much moot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users