Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA4 PS3 ever get a server browser?

5 replies to this topic
KILLINUGOOD
  • KILLINUGOOD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

I'm seriously tired of joining random rooms until I find a good setup. AutoAim is the worst thing to ever happen to this game, I would prefer to never play AA. The multiplayer quickmatch is the lamest way for an online game to setup matches. Any and every other game I've played has had some sort of lobby, with active servers visible, allowing you to choose which server you want to join. Most games also have a quickmatch mode, but it should not be the only way to find a match!!!!!!!
From the first time I played online, I scoffed and laughed at their server joining setup, swearing that an early patch would improve this. Almost a year later, and we are still using this Eharmony type of matchmaking. Even if they just implemented a preferences mode, where you could choose AA on/off, room size, weapons types, etc...before you search for a server, I would be so happy. Give me a break, this is the worst online matchfinding system available, I realize it is probably dumbed down for the console, and I don't have PC version, but I am sure they have a better method available to them. I just am dumbfounded at how inept this online system is, ROCKSTAR.... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALREADY!!!!!

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:33 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 17 July 2009 - 08:51 PM.

In defence of this guy, the forums are dbl posting like crazy! happened to me twice today.

Maybe its the implementation of this new "Quick Reply"...which I am trying right now.

GTAforums.com growing pains...lol

ON TOPIC:

I can't wait to see what they do for the next GTA, cuz you are right...random selection is stupid.

The way WarHawk is set up is SO nice! You choose the parameters of the match you are looking for and the system narrows down your choices. You pretty much get into a match that you like every time.

KILLINUGOOD
  • KILLINUGOOD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

I had just noticed the triple post...... doin real bad...... I swear I only hit "submit post" once sigh.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

I definately agree with you KILLINUGOOD! I try to join a DM so I can try to get the trophy for killing 20 people with a Pistol, but people always set it to something else like assault rifles or RPGs. Pistols are great also as they help you the most among all the weapons in the game to go for accuracy over large power or a fast rate of fire.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jul 18 2009, 05:46)
I definately agree with you KILLINUGOOD! I try to join a DM so I can try to get the trophy for killing 20 people with a Pistol, but people always set it to something else like assault rifles or RPGs. Pistols are great also as they help you the most among all the weapons in the game to go for accuracy over large power or a fast rate of fire.

ill help you get that trophy just add me XxGTAking33xX and say you need help with it.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Jul 18 2009, 09:33)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jul 18 2009, 05:46)
I definately agree with you KILLINUGOOD!  I try to join a DM so I can try to get the trophy for killing 20 people with a Pistol, but people always set it to something else like assault rifles or RPGs.  Pistols are great also as they help you the most among all the weapons in the game to go for accuracy over large power or a fast rate of fire.

ill help you get that trophy just add me XxGTAking33xX and say you need help with it.

That's the thing. I never get online since I have dial-up and I need to get to my friend's house (which he has two connections, one ethernet and the other wireless so we can basically play co-op) which I barely ever get to do. I'm only on Rank 4, got downgraded to Rank 3 (that f*cking losing money bug made me lose like over $7,000), but I got back up to Rank 4 again.

My PSN is CReaperDorian. Add it and I'll accept the next time I get on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users