Made it to Snow Storm, uninstalled

40 replies to this topic
pcmpcm
  • pcmpcm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

*Minor Spoilers*

This is not a complaint thread. GTA4 is a very well-made game, and got deservedly good reviews.

That said, it has frustrated me to the point of uninstallation, and I wouldn't buy another game in the series if the formula is not drastically changed. Take that for what it's worth. I don't expect every game to cater to me, and the GTA series has a solid customer base, and perhaps does not need my repeat business.

But for what it's worth, I made it up to the Snow Storm mission. *Spoiler* That mission has a phase in which I am raided by swat police at a 3-star wanted level. */Spoiler* I am decent at action games. I've beaten Bioshock, Crysis, and Stalker, all on hard difficulty levels. I played Far Cry 2 on hard successfully to the point of boredom (about 70% of the way through the game). But I'm simply not good enough to survive a swat raid.

I read a walkthrough, which gave me tips that I'd have only discovered through extensive trial and error on my own. Still I was unable to overcome the scenario. And rightfully so I think; if tonight a SWAT team complete with two helicopters raided my home, I'd stand about as much of a chance of survival as poor Nico. Overkill is overkill.

I imagine I could beat the scenario with about 5 or 6 more tries. What becomes unacceptable is that to even try again though, I first need to drive to the location, beat the simple first part of the mission, and then attempt the sadistically punishing raid. That's about 30 minutes of time per attempt. Not playtime, but rather wasted time. Frustration time. Blood pressure time. I'm not willing to do that.

I need to be able to save at reasonable points intramission. Secondly, in an open-world game like this, I think it's warranted that I should have some opportunities at limited character growth so that if a mission like this is too difficult for me, I have options to develop Nico to make him stronger. Even most of the above action games that I cited have opportunities for character growth. Weapon upgrades and plasmids in Bioshock, weapons and upgrades galore in Far Cry 2 and Stalker.

Sure, there's the very limited shop option in GTA4. But there's simply nothing there that can even marginally prepare someone for a SWAT raid.

I think that computer game reviewers in general did a great disservice to people like me in their reviews of this game. In general, the open world was presented as giving players some genuine degree of control over the situations they would find themselves in. In fact there is no such control. I can choose which mission-basket I will draw from next, but since all missions must be completed, I have nothing more than limited input over their order. There is no real benefit to exploration.

And that inability to save, that's the final straw.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (pcmpcm @ Jul 16 2009, 23:20)
There's simply nothing there that can even marginally prepare someone for a SWAT raid.

I believe you're a casual player so this doesn't apply to you that much and I do understand your concerns. However, just to inform you: Pro players can take down two SWAT/NOOSE squads with a pistol and NO bulletproof vest. One squad is nothing. Simply shoot in the head - just be precise. With a rifle you're God. I played hundreds upon hundreds "Hangman's NOOSE" games and at some point you realise you can complete this co-op game all by yourself and NOOSE can't kill you no matter what you do. I'm a World Top 50 NOOSE player and the Number One guy says I can't play. According to him, I have "no control of the game" - this is an exact quote actually. Now imagine how this guy plays. Hope you get the picture. ;-)

Of course at some point mods came into play and now... everyone is God. So, I recommend you read my Modding Guide and learn how to be God yourself. Yay!

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Jul 16 2009, 23:56)
QUOTE (pcmpcm @ Jul 16 2009, 23:20)
There's simply nothing there that can even marginally prepare someone for a SWAT raid.

I believe you're a casual player so this doesn't apply to you that much and I do understand your concerns. However, just to inform you: Pro players can take down two SWAT/NOOSE squads with a pistol and NO bulletproof vest. One squad is nothing. Simply shoot in the head - just be precise. With a rifle you're God. I played hundreds upon hundreds "Hangman's NOOSE" games and at some point you realise you can complete this co-op game all by yourself and NOOSE can't kill you no matter what you do. I'm a World Top 50 NOOSE player and the Number One guy says I can't play. According to him, I have "no control of the game" - this is an exact quote actually. Now imagine how this guy plays. Hope you get the picture. ;-)

Of course at some point mods came into play and now... everyone is God. So, I recommend you read my Modding Guide and learn how to be God yourself. Yay!

because everyone is top 50 in noose

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

You do have some fair points, although I wouldn't necessarily agree this is a difficult game overall. I think in terms of the GTA series this has to have been the easiest game of the lot. I don't know if Rockstar intentionally did it because they received complaints about the difficulty level in GTA SA. I just need to mention the mission "Freefall" in GTA SA to make a lot of people shiver in horror.

The snowstorm mission I felt wasn't particularly hard, I played it on the 360 and on the PC. The 360 version even with auto aim proved to be a bitch and it took several attempts to pass it. However the PC version I passed first time (mouse aiming FTW). You seem to be stuck on the bit when the raid happens, the thing is you can't shoot all the police (they just spawn over and over) you just have to clear a path and either make a run for the boat or a car in the car park.

Your point about not being able to develop Nico is a bit unfair after all GTA has never been a role playing game (and god forbid it ever becomes one). I think Rockstar tried that with CJ and didn't like how it turned out. I will agree that GTA 4 lacked some customisation so you could make the game feel like "your type of game" but hopefully that will be corrected in the next GTA.

Again you do have a point with the lack of control and variety of the missions and this was one thing the console gamers complained about. I remember there was one mission where I had to kill some one holed up in a safe house. It was suggested you "find" a way to get onto the roof of the building opposite. So for a good hour I was trying to climb up ladders, fire escapes, and jumping on tall vans to no avail. It turned out I had to walk through the front door and go up the f*cking stairs to the roof sarcasm.gif .

It is a shame you have let the snowstorm mission beat you like this, I would have thought a more adequate solution would have been to invoke a cheat to get past the mission :-

http://www.gta4.net/cheats/

The Snowstorm mission is barely halfway through the game and I really encourage you to give it another bash, if you can't do it without cheats then there is no shame in resorting to cheats for this one mission. There really is so much more to see and do after snowstorm.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:00 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 17 July 2009 - 03:05 AM.

This was one of the easier missions for me, but it's because it's not really a shoot em up mission after the first segment. It is an escape mission once you get the bag. Check out the GTANetwork's mission walkthroughs at gta4.net. There is a boat near the building, you don't have to use it, but it's recommended and I agree with the recommendation.

I assume you had no problem busting caps in the dealers and killing them, but this is a swat team - that means RUN! wink.gif

Now some will argue that they can shoot their way out, and I have before, a few times, but I still died and when I looked at the walkthrough on this site, it dawned on me that the mission changes from assault to chase, in so few words, at that point when you get the coke.

After that, I finished the dealers off and that was then the hardest part of the mission. You WILL need to kill some Noose guys, but for the most part avoidance is key in this mission. It's more of a "Niko shows up, causes ruckus, cops get called, niko gets out alive where most of the cops were clueless" Rather than "niko shoots sh*t up then rambos back out" wink.gif

@charlie: Third person shooters are the most basic of RPG's where in this case you play the role of Niko, but I know, I'm getting technical. However, this game is very RPG, and so was San Andreas (do you miss the eating and stats RPG elements? I do tounge.gif However, I definitely don't mind waiting until the next games since this one is just the new III anyway and I rather enjoy that Liberty games are shoot-em-ups)

About stat elements: They are still there, they are in the friend like/dislike - an entirely RPG element in itself, which also takes precedence over most of the rest of the game. GTA is very RPG imo, but it is done correctly because I HATE RPGs (with you there biggrin.gif) but love me some GTA SA and GTA IV icon14.gif

@PCMPCM - give it another go, this time give GTA more credit than just expecting you to shoot people. It is repetitive in that way, but this mission is one of those that help to break it up and the cat and mouse at the end is exciting (cause the boat is there, but you still have to work to get it!) smile.gif

Edit: FREE SMILIES

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:34 AM

I wouldn't say third person shooters are the most basic rpg's if you are going to argue that then you could say first person shooters are the most basic rpg's. I know that fallout 3 works a hell of a lot better in first person view than it does in third person view (principally because the character animation is crap).

If you look at previous GTA's such as GTA 3 and VC they had absolutely NO "levelling up" abilities and I don't think they suffered for that. When SA came out and they introduced that fat/thin, weight training and skills upgrading stuff I didn't feel it added anything to the game. In fact if anything it distracted from what GTA really was all about. I don't want RPG elements in a GTA game, GTA was never about levelling up.

As for the friends like/dislike part being an rpg element then yeah that is right but guess what I f*cking hate the friendship crap with a vengeance biggrin.gif . It should never have been made compulsory to do friend activities to get 100%. I love GTA as a single player game and with all the GTA's I have played them dozens of times right up to 100%. I am afraid to say GTA 4 I just do the missions now because I cannot stand going on a f*cking play date with some arse hole or bitch that is going to whine about what shoes I am wearing.

I just wish Rockstar would dump the whole rpglike elements all together and get back to something resembling GTA VC game play wise. However they seem to be infatuated with this whole friendship crap so I am expecting more in the next GTA sarcasm.gif . I would rather they drop the friends and channelled their energies into making varied missions and opening up the world for us to explore rather than taken some f*ckwit on a play date to play f*cking darts suicidal.gif

pcmpcm
  • pcmpcm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for the replies. I tried the mission twice before giving up. The first time I ran right away and got shot up. The second time I went slower, shot some of the NOOSE officers, and then tried making a run for it when I got near the exit of the building, but got shot up. I have full life/full armor when NOOSE arrives, but a bullet seems to take off somewhere in the nature of 15% of my armor/life, and given that they seem to be using automatic weapons, so basically all it takes is about three on-target volleys and I'm dead. I'm just not good enough for that.

My brother's great at any sort of action game and I asked him about the mission. He said it was easy to do if you proceed slowly and shoot everyone. That seemed to be OutOfTimer's approach too. Some walkthroughs emphasized just making a run for it, like supermortalhuman suggested. Neither approach seemed to work for me. I watched youtube videos of people making it through, and honestly, they look superhuman to me. They run through people shooting at them. When I run through people shooting at me, I lose life and die.

Like this one:

The resolution is too poor to see his life bar, but I can tell you that when I pull that stunt of running through the live gunfire like he does at 2:14, I die.

Orochi
  • Orochi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:01 AM

when you get to the car park, drive a car to the back entrance (the ladder) of the building. later when the swat team raids, clear your way out to the ladder and once you are in the car it's really easy to lose the 3 stars. i found it pretty hard to even survive the swim to the nearest boat which some strategies suggested.

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Yea well two times is nothing. I tried this mission six times before I got it right...And it wasn't good for my blood pressure, I can tell you that.

I'd say the key to success here is: Go slow, REALLY slow. And use the cover system as much as possible.

The first times I didn't use the cover system, I just crouched. Didn't work for sh*t.

Arski
  • Arski

monkey driver

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:30 AM Edited by Arski, 17 July 2009 - 06:32 AM.

I passed this mission at the first time, because there is alot of Armor and Energy inside the building while mission, but somehow i dont like the GTA4 Missions, as much as GTA VC or SA, But SA got that idiot Muscle things and those, i didnt like them either.

Hope that the Next GTA got nice missions, maybe bigger map, and MORE Woods or tropical places... GTA SA was good from that it had the woods at the mount chiliad etc. GTA4 is only Grey grey grey buildings everywhere, no landscapes, but it got some nice places like middle park or North alderney.

but GTA4 is ok i think smile.gif

(VC WAS THE BEST)

EDIT: i dont like to find the flying rats & stunts completed sad.gif

StoOopiD
  • StoOopiD

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:36 AM Edited by StoOopiD, 17 July 2009 - 06:39 AM.

picture this. u show up to the coke deal.dont kill all of the cranked up coke guards. just make your way to the coke, killing as few as possible. once u have the coke , you should do a couple of bumps yourself. that way everybody is on the same playing field. TOOT !! TOOT!! wow.gif k when the SHlT hits the fan. cranked up coke guards will be shooting pigs and pigs will be shooting cranked up coke guards. make a run for it with the shotgun ready. u might have to kill a few pigs on the way out. dont stop.

tip: know the route thru coke plaza. in and out

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:15 AM

2 times and then you uninstalled? Wow that's a new one.

May I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure? I hear it has a shorter learning curve than the already comparatively (compared to the other GTA's) simple GTA 4.

Don't mean to flame but it does sound pretty ridiculous "I tried it twice and gave up, uninstalling I was so upset"...

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jul 16 2009, 23:34)
If you look at previous GTA's such as GTA 3 and VC they had absolutely NO "levelling up" abilities and I don't think they suffered for that. When SA came out and they introduced that fat/thin, weight training and skills upgrading stuff I didn't feel it added anything to the game. In fact if anything it distracted from what GTA really was all about. I don't want RPG elements in a GTA game, GTA was never about levelling up.

Actually, GTA San Andreas just showed you the leveling. The more you ran in the older games, the further you could run without tiring. That was stamina. The more you drove a motorcycle in Vice City, the higher your chances were of not falling off during moments of impending doom. Food was in Vice City, but for health, which I agree it should be for - I don't need the character body changing and all of that, just give me my HP, but the aforementioned elements were very RPG, Just "translated". A weapon shop is very RPG. It just did't feel like it. The relationships:

It should never have been made compulsory to do friend activities to get 100%.

I totally agree. But they do translate to skill levels, and more importantly, special abilities for a high level character. I called the protagonist a high level character in this instance because that's what he is, but I sound too much like I'm disagreeing, I'm not. I hate the relationships too, I would rather have to work out with Brucie for a few minutes and be "less lonely" than I was as Carl in San Andreas than pick his ass up and take him places. For sure. But I really appreciate the depth of "leveling up your character" in GTA Games, I just hope we never actually use that lingo when we talk about it biggrin.gif lol.

As long as the RPG elements are hard to see, I'm happy - well connected to abilities etc, cool, but why did they make us go to the same places over and over? There are enough paths in there to bind Brucie and go for a jog with him to become buddies where "something goes wrong" everytime you do it. It would be great. Way better than driving across town over and over picking up and dropping people off. Agreed.

BUT the first time I did all those things, it was awesome. It just should have been our choice to call them and go out when we wanted to mini game etc, and their abilities should have came with Non-Story related missions of bonding - like jogging with brucie, smoking with jacob... I know, GTA Protags don't smoke, but you get the idea - Just, something needs to always go wrong, so its a non-story mission, but a MISSIOn none the less. Let ME decide when I pick them up for just chilling, amiright? it came across like an RPG chore, and it sucked. That alone would have made friends so much better.

you're one of the most well thought out people in this entire section and it's one of the only reasons I still come here

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

You_just_suck_at_playing_games.
Period.

Klamath
  • Klamath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

I agree completely. I just got done with the steal-the-coke-from-the-Russians-at-the-boathouse mission and it took me a couple tries. Every attempt I had to drive from north Alderney, to the strip club in south Alderney, back to pick up armor in north-east Alderney, then west to pick up the truck, then all the way over to Charge Island. If I wanted to run errands all day I'd do so in real life and get something real accomplished. Running around like that one time is fun, but having to do it numerous times and while listening to the same dialog over and over when you're already frustrated just sucks. Just let me save anywhere.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:04 PM Edited by Azazel, 17 July 2009 - 02:06 PM.

This mission proved rather troublesome for me, too. At least up until the point where I randomly plunged into the water in a desperate attempt to escape the SWAT, and noticed a boat waiting for me at a small pier.

If you stock up on armor and a few grenades before you start the mission, it should be easy sailing. Throw a grenade as the SWAT start storming down the corridor, fling out your gun or rifle and pop a few skulls out in the open area where you first entered, and merely dart to the edge and jump into the water - climb into the boat and sail off.

EDIT: Oh, and if you find driving back to the mission locations tiresome - grab a cab.

pcmpcm
  • pcmpcm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Chevyboy @ Jul 17 2009, 07:15)

May I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure? I hear it has a shorter learning curve than the already comparatively (compared to the other GTA's) simple GTA 4.

Don't mean to flame but it does sound pretty ridiculous "I tried it twice and gave up, uninstalling I was so upset"...

I'd be fine trying it more, but it just takes too long to get to the point where the NOOSE team arrives. I'm fairly deliberate in taking out the drug dealers--I snipe about half of them by circling slowly around half the building before I go in. I can get to the drugs without being hit even once, but it takes me a good 10+ minutes for that part alone, and that's not counting driving time. Yeah someone suggested taking a cab. It's just a lot of contrivance to compensate for the fact that I believe I should have a save spot from when NOOSE arrives on the scene. From that moment, I figure I'd successfully escape in about 5 tries. When each of those tries takes 20 minutes though, that's close to 2 hours. And with that stretched out playing time, the frustration factor would cause me to get killed more, so up the expected number of tries to 10.

I don't think I completely suck at games. I'm not terrific at twitch games, that's for sure. The people here are clearly a LOT better than me. But if you're going to market my skill level out of enjoyment of this game franchise, you're probably excluding at least 60% of the gaming population. Because like I wrote, I've beaten Bioshock, Crysis, Stalker, and would have beaten Far Cry 2 but for boredom. I imagine that everyone here is smirking "Yeah but those are all EASY games!" Well, if your list of "moderately challenging" games is comprised solely of GTA4, again, that's going to change its audience.

Which does make me 100% baffled by the market share of the game. I mean, if GTA5 can be as sadistically punishing as GTA4 and sell just as well, the business decision is clear: they don't need me as a customer. And I can say that I, personally, feel mislead by reviewers on this game, which touted an open world and genuine options. GTA4 is minimal in those areas at best, and no reviewer that I saw ever commented on being forced to lose 30 minutes of game time per attempt on a mission that takes 5-10 tries due to an archaic save game system.

I do really wonder how many people (1) actually beat GTA4, and then further how many people (2) play GTA4 without cheats or god-mods. If there are, as I think there MUST be, a large number of people who cannot enjoy this game to completion without cheating, and those people nevertheless want to keep buying GTA games, well, whatever. All I can say is that my niche consumer base isn't attracted by that.

MitchyK
  • MitchyK

United Liberty Paper, Employee Of The Month

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Dude, if you spent as much time practising at games as you do bemoaning them, you'd get really good. I'm not being funny, but really, if you want to beat games, you need to practice as you're obviously not up to the levels required. Also it's not right to assume you're in the 60% of the population who can't complete this game, probably only about 0.5% of the worlds population even own it! LOL
I'm not very good at football, so guess what, i don't play football, i've got three left feet, but i don't go moaning to my local team that their pitch is too long for me, or they play better than me.
My point is that it seems a little silly to come onto a fan forum, and say how much you don't like the game, to be honest if you don't like the game, that's too bad, but i won't lose any sleep over it. So i'm not sure what you want from us? There have been plenty of suggestions which you have been pretty negative about. If you want to be better at games, play more, or find another hobby which you will enjoy. That is the point of a hobby, something you enjoy doing.
And as for your statements about the lack of options, i've found most missions can be completed in a variety of ways, depending on your approach, the time of day, what vehicle or weapon you use.
To be honest it's almost as if you want flaming, most people on here won't do that, but there's always one...
In summary if you don't want to play it, then don't, but as as has been said, you'll be missing out on some fine gaming! Only GTA IV and Fallout 3 have kept me engrossed for any length of time this year.
Good luck with whatever game you choose next, i'm sure there's pokemon snap or something (if your reflexes are up to it!). LOL
You can always cheat for that one mission, i've never had to but if it gets you onto the rest of the game, do it, i'm one of the, take it slow through the building, taking out swat with headshots people. Then run for the car outside and floor it.

MitchyK

Chris1508
  • Chris1508

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:46 PM Edited by Chris1508, 17 July 2009 - 04:48 PM.

I completed it... took me a few trys and i gave up after i escaped and crashed into a barrel in an allyway that was explosive the next day on 3rd attempt i got out, I think it was a bobcat after a broken fence that was my escape route give it a try! Also cheating is for losers dont be reduced to it...

Edit: One last point to make, is it me or does almost nobody play the game online anymore?

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (pcmpcm @ Jul 17 2009, 14:44)
QUOTE (Chevyboy @ Jul 17 2009, 07:15)

I'd be fine trying it more, but it just takes too long to get to the point where the NOOSE team arrives. I'm fairly deliberate in taking out the drug dealers--I snipe about half of them by circling slowly around half the building before I go in. I can get to the drugs without being hit even once, but it takes me a good 10+ minutes for that part alone, and that's not counting driving time. Yeah someone suggested taking a cab. It's just a lot of contrivance to compensate for the fact that I believe I should have a save spot from when NOOSE arrives on the scene. From that moment, I figure I'd successfully escape in about 5 tries. When each of those tries takes 20 minutes though, that's close to 2 hours. And with that stretched out playing time, the frustration factor would cause me to get killed more, so up the expected number of tries to 10.

I don't think I completely suck at games. I'm not terrific at twitch games, that's for sure. The people here are clearly a LOT better than me. But if you're going to market my skill level out of enjoyment of this game franchise, you're probably excluding at least 60% of the gaming population. Because like I wrote, I've beaten Bioshock, Crysis, Stalker, and would have beaten Far Cry 2 but for boredom. I imagine that everyone here is smirking "Yeah but those are all EASY games!" Well, if your list of "moderately challenging" games is comprised solely of GTA4, again, that's going to change its audience.

Which does make me 100% baffled by the market share of the game. I mean, if GTA5 can be as sadistically punishing as GTA4 and sell just as well, the business decision is clear: they don't need me as a customer. And I can say that I, personally, feel mislead by reviewers on this game, which touted an open world and genuine options. GTA4 is minimal in those areas at best, and no reviewer that I saw ever commented on being forced to lose 30 minutes of game time per attempt on a mission that takes 5-10 tries due to an archaic save game system.

I do really wonder how many people (1) actually beat GTA4, and then further how many people (2) play GTA4 without cheats or god-mods. If there are, as I think there MUST be, a large number of people who cannot enjoy this game to completion without cheating, and those people nevertheless want to keep buying GTA games, well, whatever. All I can say is that my niche consumer base isn't attracted by that.

Far to much typing to read on a topic I care so little about.

Based on your first sentence I'll summarize that either I am amazing at video games or you are terrible and/or have no patience.

Hold on let me get out of the way so you can complain a bit more.

Seriously 2 tries then uninstall and making a thread like this? "It takes too long to get to the point where NOOSE arrives". Really? I guess they should just start making all games take a whopping 5 hours to complete. I can't wait to spend $40+ on a game my 4 year old son could outsmart and master in the time it takes to get him to finish his dinner.

Do you really not see how sad you seem? Ever consider that your strategy towards the majority of the game is the major flaw and not the game? The entire mission should take far less than "10+ minutes" let alone one part.

Anyways I have to go tend to my son, whom by the way cries far less than what has gone on in this thread.

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)
  • (LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (pcmpcm @ Jul 17 2009, 03:49)
I tried the mission twice before giving up.

ADHD?

I do agree though as I'm stuck on that mission myself just now and the driving is rather boring. I only just passed deconstructing construction earlier and was stuck on that for a day or so...lots of driving to get there too.

But really...you tried it twice and gave up and came on here to cry and refuse to buy another product from R*? confused.gif

Jog on!

Yeah every mission should take no longer than 30 seconds and be passable in one attempt by a blind man. icon13.gif

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:01 PM Edited by FireItUp, 17 July 2009 - 06:22 PM.

This mission isn't that hard. You don't even need to shoot any cops just run straight out to the parking lot or to the boat in the water.

Don't forget to grab the health and armor in the old hospital before grabbing the coke.

Also for all the people complaining about too much driving hail a taxi it's faster.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

I'm going to say this for the last time... read my Modding Guide and you'll be able to instantly kill your enemies by pressing one button - just choose the "kill enemy" function. That's it. You completed the mission. Congratulations! Not to mention hundreds of other things you will be able to do.

If this is really too hard for you and you can't live without a proper character customisation then as mentioned earlier - try this game. Have fun!

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Facade
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

I do remember playing this mission. I just took a trip there and talked with the local folk of that area asking them what is an easy way to get out in a hurry. I was told some information which was worthless at best. Ultimately I placed my stolen pick up near the exit to the facility. Once the raid commenced, I ran like a raging monkey out of there and jumped into the pick up and drove away. After that, I got some Burger Shot because I was hungry.

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:32 PM Edited by Jc84144, 17 July 2009 - 09:34 PM.

QUOTE (pcmpcm @ Jul 17 2009, 03:49)
I tried the mission twice before giving up.

wow.gif I'd try a mission at least five times, before getting close to giving up (although the most times I ever had to redo a mission in GTA was three times).

You shouldn't give in so easy.

But my guess is, if having to redo a mission twice had annoyed you enough to uninstalling the game, you can't of been enjoying yourself much in the first place.

Btw, if this wasn't a complaint thread, what the hell was it? tounge.gif

Uxot
  • Uxot

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

lmfao is this serious ?!

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

that mission was hard for me... on the xbox! in the pc its really easy with the mouse.

Boris_Chavez
  • Boris_Chavez

Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hope it isn't too much of a spoiler to say that if the OP feels frustrated with having to work through to a certain point in Snow Storm before it all goes wrong, there are a couple of things in the final mission that he's seriously unlikely to enjoy.... panic.gif

But in all fairness, Snow Storm is a tough mission IMHO, and I also found it a very different proposition from the "warehouse shootout" type missions that the game arguably has a little too much of. The shape of the ruined building is hard to get a good idea of, the rooms are repetitive, and your field of view is limited almost anywhere inside it. I found it helped - after failing it badly the first time - to visit the place and do a recce before trying it again, establishing routes in and out, and remembering where the boat would be. Also, you may find the mission easier in the daytime (a taste thing maybe), and the detonatable gas cylinders can be your friends on the way out provided you resist the temptation to shoot them on the way in.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:16 AM

Come on man, you don't just give up after 2 tries. I gotta say that GTA 4 is the easiest of all the GTA games. Does anyone remember the Zero missions from SA or the flight school? Compared to those this mission isn't so hard at all. For the record it took me about 25 times to beat supply lines. I stopped doing the game 3 different times and came back to it. Finally did it. Flight school was even harder. I did what you did, I went online, but instead of whining, I asked how can I do this mission and received help like a lot of people here give. I eventually got good at those missions and now those are some of my favorite missions.
Why don't you try again, you can do it if you keep at it.
I go around the back of the hospitel to the ladder, climb up, DON"T SHOOT ANYONE YET. Jump down and run to the room with the coke and shoot those 2 guys. When you pick up the coke, grab the armor and your health should be full. Don't shoot anyone, just sprint out and as soon as you're out the door, turn right and run through the fence and run to the water. 90% of the time there is a boat there, if there is, grab it and then it's easy. if not swim to broker and find a car there. It might take a few times, but it's very getable. Much easier than some of the other GTA games.
Don't even get me started on GTA 3.

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Jul 19 2009, 02:16)

Don't even get me started on GTA 3.

GTA 3 wasnt hard at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users