Current version: 0.1b Beta
Download from my website
Download from GTAGarage
What does it do?
With this tool you can convert SA dff files to the IV engine.
It will create a wdr file from scratch. The following data will be converted:
- Vertex (Position, UV, Material)
- All textures will be added as default gta material
- Vertex Colors
- 2DFX (Handled by wpl)
- Night Vertex Colors
You can post Comments/Requests/Bug Reports/etc in this topic!
NOTE: This is a public beta, and as such it is crucial that you backup all files you replace with models created with dff2wdr! I won't be held responsible for any loss of files that may result due to use of dff2wdr.
- You need to have Java installed
- Version 1.0, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 of GTAIV.exe
- Make sure all vertices have a texture applied.
- Click "File->Open Stock/Custom DFF".
- Select the file you want to convert/Select the directory that contains the dff files you want to convert.
- Files will be saved as <DFFNAME>.wdr.
- Import model with SparkIV/OpenIV.
Tip: Use WDR Analyze and check if there are just as many Shaders as Geometrys, if that's not the case don't import the model in IV it will crash.
- Weapons are possible but with bugs.
- You can't convert peds/player. (Also contain bones)
- When the dff is in the same folder as dff2wdr.exe the program will stop at "Adding padding till *".
-Added normals (To give models normals you'll need to export your dff with Kam's script and check the "Norm" button.)
-Initial beta release
A very special thanks to (in no specific order):
Aru, Cool Fire, DexX, Gforce, Jost Vice, Paroxum, REspawn, supermortalhuman, Tim (and everyone I forgot)
who have been invaluable in the research of game code/file formats which made this program possible.
This program is provided "as-is" without any implied warranty or support.
Use of modified files during online play may result in being banned.
Use at your own risk!
Please don't reupload this to your website. Link to this forum topic or my website instead. This tool is still a WIP and there are many many more updates/fixes to come.
This tutorial is made by quechus13! It's shows how to import weapons into IV.