Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to convert your PSP saves between regions...

22 replies to this topic
nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:50 PM Edited by nerner, 09 July 2009 - 07:11 PM.

Ever had a save that you really wanted to play? But on the EU/US version of VCS, when you are on the other version, well, in a minute, I will tell you how to go about this, please do not post responses to this topic until the tutorial is finished, thank you in advance. If a moderator could pin this, that would be much appreciated, as I belive that this is the first time anyone has ever converted the region of a GTA PSP save...

INDEX:
    This post: The converted save.
    Post 2: How it worked, and how you can do it yourself.
    Post 3: Why it will nearly always work, not just on GTAs, but on any game. Basically just Developer stuff.
    Post 4: Disclaimer, from myself and Hellcat, plus all of the download links that you will need.
THE CONVERTED SAVE:

Some of you regular members may remember this topic, made by Upaluppa a few months ago, and if you don't, well there is a link to download the save in the first post in the linked thread.

Now, I really wanted to download said save, but I had an EU version, and as it says in the thread, it is US version only, which annoyed nerner... I desperately wanted to play that save, so not being able to play with it was gutting. So I decided to try and find a way to convert these saves myself, in some way, the way that I have found, unfortunately only works on custom firmwares, but the saves that they create, can be played on a non-exploited PSP.

See the post below for more info on how to do this, but the download link for the converted save, will be at the bottom of this post, and also in the 4th post, in case you miss it.

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE!

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:51 PM Edited by nerner, 09 July 2009 - 05:50 PM.

HOW TO DO THIS:

Well, firstly, you will need save game deemer, which is a plugin for PSP, which makes this entire process possible, for best results, use SGDeemer on an OE firmware, and any M-33 firmware above 3.52 M33. The following firmwares have had deemer tested on them, and are compatible:

• 3.71 M33-4
• 5.00 M33
• 3.40 OE-C
• 5.50 GEN-A

Thanks to Upaluppa for helping me out with the testing process...

HOW TO INSTALL SAVE GAME DEEMER:

Well, for all people with cheat device, just install Save Game Deemer in exactly the same way, through GAME.TXT, if it is your first plugin installation on your PSP, then allow me to guide you through the process:
  1. Download SGDeemer from here: http://rapidshare.co...89_sgdeemer.rar.
  2. Copy the seplugins folder onto the root of your memory stick, or, if you already have plugins, just copy the deemerh and deemerd .prx files into your existing seplugins area, and then add this line to your memory stick:
      ms0:/seplugins/deemerh.prx
  3. Now exit USB mode, and reboot your PSP, when in recovery mode, triggered by holding down the right trigger when you power up, just scroll down to plugins, and enable deemerh.prx.
  4. All other instructions can be found in the readme file, that comes in the deemer.rar file above, refer to that if any of my instructions were not clear enough for you...
NOW HOW DO I CONVERT?

Well, converting is a lengthy process, and requires a couple of things:
  1. The save game deemer plugin, which you should have already installed anyway.
  2. Either both versions of the game, or a buddy with another version of the game, who has save game deemer installed, if you want a friend to help, Upaluppa and I have both versions, and will be only to happy to help you with your converting.
  3. A few hundred KB of free space on your memory stick, in order for the plugin to work it's magic...
And now to convert:
  1. Create a new game, and save it as soon as possible, in a different slot.
  2. Now either do the same with the other regions game, or get your friend to help you out, by loading up the save that you would like to play on your PSP's region, and again, saving it into another slot.
  3. When saving has finished, go back to your PSP's home page, and into USB mode, your friend will do the same thing...
  4. Navigate to the following file, into your PSP:

PSP>>SAVEPLAIN>>ULUS/ULES/ULJM... where the ... part should just be the name of the file that you have just saved, as long as you have not played any other games before hand, that should be the only file there...

5. Now open it up, there should be three files there:
    • SDDATA.BIN
    • SDINFO.BIN
    • And another file called ULUS/ES/JM... This file is unimportant really, and can be overlooked, but not deleted.
  6. Now get your friend to zip the three files from the other region up, and send them to you, then it is just a matter of replacing the SDDATA and SDINFO.BIN files, and making sure that the file in the SAVEPLAIN directory has the same name as it's counterpart in the SAVEDATA directory...
  7. Now reboot your PSP, but keep the plugin enabled, and start up VCS.
  8. Load the data that you saved earlier, you should now be playing the other region's file!! Save it again, to retain data even when uninstalling the Save Game Deemer plugin...
  9. So there you go, a region converted save, and now onto the development side of things...

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:53 PM Edited by nerner, 09 July 2009 - 06:06 PM.

SO WHY DOES IT WORK THEN?

Well, what save game deemer does, as a plugin, is extract all of the raw data, chucking out all of the crap, and just leaving you with the three files mentioned in the previous post:
      • SDDATA.BIN
      • SDINFO.BIN
      • And another .BIN file.

The other .BIN file contains all region specific coding, and all of that, including the special region encryption key, which can also be found out through UMDGen, not that exciting really.

The SDINFO .BIN file, contains all of the stuff that you see when you are hovering over it in the load menu, or even in the save data utility function of your PSP, such as where you saved, how much money you have, the last mission completed, and the percentage completion, replacing this is not essential, but it makes no sense to have a file which says the last mission completed was soldier, when in fact it was Last Stand, or vice versa, that could be very miseading...

Although saying that, I didn't replace that file when converting the other saves, which explains the even more general glitchyness of the save in the converted version...

And finally the SDDATA.BIN file contains all of the raw, unencrypted save data, what the PSP is really processing, it is the same for all versions:

Which explains why this method works, as there is no region specific coding involved, so replacing it is just like replacing it with a version of a save from your region, if you know what I mean...

Oh, and by the way, I have tried this with other games, such as LCS, Medal Of Honor Heroes, and Football Manager Handheld 2009, and it has worked for all of them, this is not GTA specific, so go wild...

A development kit should be situated in the next post, if you want it, so you can glitch up your own saves like mine and Upa's, with no regional boundaries, except with the German version, where huge .scm file differences mean that this file will probably not work, although, it could be worth a try. tounge.gif

And so that ends the developer specific section to this tutorial/walkthrough thread.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:54 PM Edited by nerner, 09 July 2009 - 07:09 PM.

DOWNLOADS, CREDITS, AND DICLAIMER

Well, here we are, at the final bit of the guide, and I would like to say thank you to:
  • Upaluppa, for helping me with providing links to his raw data files, and for the encouragement he brought me when I was trying to figure this stuff out.
  • And Hellcat, he made a wonderful plugin, without which none of this would have been possible, he is not on these forums, but he is a good, helpful guy, and a great homebrew maker, so thanks for that Hellcat. icon14.gif
  • Charming Charlie, for pinning this topic, cheers mate, you are a good mod...
DOWNLOADS:
DISCLAIMER

No problems should arise from this guide, but if they do, you took the risk, always back up your files, and don't complain to me or Hellcat about it. That is it, end of the guide...

WingedWarrior
  • WingedWarrior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

is this post reserved too? dontgetit.gif

trickstar34
  • trickstar34

ATM, Money

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (WingedWarrior @ Jul 9 2009, 12:10)
is this post reserved too?  dontgetit.gif

Why waste the post asking, idiot. If he needed it, he sure can't use it now without wasting a mods time.

WingedWarrior
  • WingedWarrior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'm sorry, sir. Will you forgive me, sir? Please don't hurt me, sir.

trickstar34
  • trickstar34

ATM, Money

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

I'm going to end this childish game and go back on topic.

Nice job man. Congradulations on getting it pinned.

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

This deserved to be pinned !
It is a great achievement, not only for the GTA community, but for the whole PSP scene...

What a fantastic gift that is mate ! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

the modding-dutch-guy
  • the modding-dutch-guy

My PSN: A0101010101

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

cool tut

louisebell
  • louisebell

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

tounge.gif yeh really f*ck hahaha i just jok xxxx

kevinyoung03
  • kevinyoung03

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:31 AM Edited by jelly, 19 January 2010 - 06:02 AM.

All the answers made above in the thread are good but none is the perfect one. This thread still requires a good answer to be made here.

Mercedes Headlights

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (kevinyoung03 @ Jan 3 2010, 10:31)
All the answers made above in the thread are good but none is the perfect one. This thread still requires a good answer to be made here.

Either explain what you mean or kindly leave this forum and my threads alone...

Cheers, nernbag

nery
  • nery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

hi there, i'm having a some trouble converting a save file for metal gear solid peace walker, hmmm it's kind of a long story but here it goes, i had an european version iso and i played and all but when i wanted to play multiplayer i realized i needed a US vesion so i got my hands on one but i couldn't use my save file so, now i'm trying to convert it but it doesn't seem to work i followed the instruction step by step, and still it doesn't work, i could be doing something wrong in the last converting step, i deleted the SDDATA.BIN and the SDINFO.BIN from the folder that said ULUS and replaced the with the ones from ULES then restarted my psp and nothing happened, so after trying all the combinations for i could replacing the files and matching the name in savedata i finally gave up and decided to ask for help, so... help me please, if someone could at least explain that las step like what should replace in order to use my european file in the american version i'd be really thankful.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Just replace the SDDATA.bin file. Not sure if you should really be talking about MGS in a GTA forum... wink.gif

monyon99
  • monyon99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

i'm having a whatsoever discommode converting a economize record for metal appurtenances unpatterned quietude frame, hmmm it's good of a longstanding news but here it goes, i had an indweller type iso and i played and all but when i craved to witticism multiplayer i realized i requisite a US vesion so i got my hands on one but i couldn't use my spend line so, now i'm trying to change it but it doesn't seem to activity i followed the education stair by tread, and still it doesn't production, i could be doing somethin

Pontiac Power Steering Gear Box

Nexives
  • Nexives

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi. I'm playing with a non-hacked PSP, but still use saves from others. There is a save I want to use, but I can't due to the region difference. Is there a way to convert the save without a hacked PSP? <.>

kizzck
  • kizzck

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Nexives @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 12:29)
Hi. I'm playing with a non-hacked PSP, but still use saves from others. There is a save I want to use, but I can't due to the region difference. Is there a way to convert the save without a hacked PSP? <.>

No, it's the only way to do it.

MkGl and MkYb
  • MkGl and MkYb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Can Someone convert the Au version of the assassins creed bloodlines save from this site to UShttp://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/958338-assassins-creed-bloodlines/saves. Because I dont have the game of both regions only US,Reply would be much apreciated

GautamAuto
  • GautamAuto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Nexives @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 10:29)

Sorry there have no idea about this issue. I am really sorry Dude.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (GautamAuto @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 07:33)
QUOTE (Nexives @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 10:29)

Sorry there have no idea about this issue. I am really sorry Dude.

It's okay, it only took you 6 months to figure that out. tounge.gif

new2forum
  • new2forum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (WingedWarrior @ Thursday, Jul 9 2009, 20:05)
I'm sorry, sir. Will you forgive me, sir? Please don't hurt me, sir.

Hey guys, new to the board, just popping in to say "helloooooo!".

Brendon mackay
  • Brendon mackay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

About The Software:

convert your PSP saves between regions. By Using this application: Data Loader

Some information about the MP4 PSP film computer file format

All film information you can view on your PSP come with a .MP4 expansion. This is the only computer file kind that PSP can handle (In PSP edition 2 Panasonic has included support for another film computer file kind, the MPEG-4 AVC computer file kind which provides better film quality). Here's a example name of an MP4 film file:

M4V00011.MP4

MP4 information begin with M4V followed by a sequence of five statistics and end in .MP4. Usually there's also another computer file along with the main PSP film computer file which has the same name with the MP4 computer file but a different expansion. For example:

M4V00011.THM

The .THM computer file is straight associated with the .MP4 because it contains a sequence of PSP film pictures stored as JPEG pictures. Important: The .THM computer file must have the same name as the MP4 file:

M4V00011.MP4
M4V00011.THM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users