Photo

Cop System

81 replies to this topic
OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

Ok i made this forum so everyone can have there say on how they want the next gta police system to be like.

Here is what i want:
Units:
-Roit Cops(incase the next gta is about big brawls and gangs)
-FBI
-General Cops
-Security Guards
-SWAT
Behavior:
-DONT arrest you if you fight 1v1 they can occasionally break it up
-they give fines
-Speeding can be an issue
-Dont get involved in shootouts until its over
-They will use the stun gun or what ever its called
-Will fight you if they get annoyed
-You not arrested until handcuffs are on you
-DONT use firearms if you running away bare handed(like no weapons on u)
Others:
-Once arrested you have to serve time in jail also you can sleep though the time in jail
-Can counter attack police
-Police can knock you out with batten also not killed so u go to hospital just knock out like in IV how you just knock out the pedestrians once in a fight.
-Can bribe cops
-Can recruit cops into your team

well theres what i want

ps2_master94
  • ps2_master94

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

IMO, it should be harded to get a wanted level in certain areas.

In a real ghetto, if you kill someone hardly anyone will call the cops. ABout 95% of time when the cops are called, its because a family member or friend got hurt, and they need a medic.

PatrickFaustin
  • PatrickFaustin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

These ideas are badass. I completely agree with the cops not joining in fist or gunfights until they are over. This would be realistic AND easier. <in a good way.

I would like:

-cops WILL seek and arrest you if you violate a major traffic law, but will not radio in the crime (only that unit chases you=easy escape). <---- now thats a compromise between the people for or against cops enforcing this.

-police DON'T continue shooting you after your obvious death.

-Police can do takedowns to try for an arrest, instead of just pointing a gun and hoping you surrender. "tap a repeatedly to fight a police takedown"

-Actual army at 6 stars.

-mace (as well as the stun guns you said). And a separate goofy scream for each haha.

-arrest pedestrians WAY more often. (I hate being the only one shooting up the city. These gangs need to be ACTIVE)

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

wow yes my first topic going somewhere...
it be mad if it got a bully style fight-system.
Cops are so annoying in IV. It'd be better if they listen to us and make it happen on the next gta

iamanevilbastard
  • iamanevilbastard

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

OK, I agree with most of whats been posted, but still, here's my take

1 star
-Cops with batons. They break up fights, pursue people who are speeding way over the limit (like 150 in a 25 zone).
-Pull guns and call in backup if you have a gun.

2 stars
-Cops all use guns
-Riot cops with shields, tasers and handguns.
-Every 3rd cop has a shotgun

3 stars
-Riot cops now have tear gas
- 4 cops to a squad car. Two will have shotguns.
-Helicopter in the air.
-Cops now shoot to kill, so expect headshots.

4 stars
-SWAT. They now have the most powerful SMG, grenades and snipers.
-News chopper

5 stars
-FBI tac teams with M4s/M16s and snipers and body armour
-SWAT has body armour
- 2nd helicopter
-Patrol cops now all have shotguns and body armour, but there a re very few, bigger emphasis on FBI and SAWT

6 stars
-3rd chopper: national guard
-Marines:
-Infantry with M4s. EVery fifth Marine has a smei auto shotgun. All have grenades , knives and sidearms.
- Snipers with M40A1s, or even a Barret M107.
-Every tenth Marine will have an M60 or M249 light machine gun
-APCs
-Tanks
-If you are holed up in a building, then an air strike may be called in.

If you have to go up against a SWAT or FBI agent or marine in aclose quarters combat, expect to lose: they are f*cking deadly.

kareljanis
  • kareljanis

Player lover

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

^ good ideas, but how the hell would an airstrike work? it seems a bit unrealistic too.

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

wow i wouldnt want to mess with iamanevilbastard cops they sound like blood thirst military freaks.

But they were awesome ideas i would love fighting them if thats how the settings were because it would be a challenge.
Right now on gta iv you just get cover in the hospital and after 3 hours you get bored and just decide to go fight uncovered.

It be sweet if there was a fight club where riot cops come and smash up the whole place. It something i though of last night.

I reckon riot cops will be a great success aswell and tazers.

If every building was enterable you'd never get passed 4 stars because of snipers.
I reckon for 2 stars change grenade to tear gas just so its easier.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

I like the Idea of Bribing the Cops, Up to a two star wanted level..Three is just way too much.

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

i reckon instead of spawn cops all over the joint there should be a time frame like maybe 3 min where you get a chance to hide or run instead of cops coming out of nowhere.
Its more realistic.
also if you near cop station you actually see police hop in there car and drive of to chase you or someone else. also they need more spikes lol i love spikes.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Ok:

I fu*king hate how the helicopter spawns straight over you at three stars. GAAAAAAAAAY!!! Change this ridiculous bull*hit R*.

Cops spawn all around me like this is some fu*king pacman nonsense. Cops are FINITE. Their cars are FINITE. R* grow the fu*k up with your infinite cop generator rubbish.

The cops send like NINE cars after me at two stars. I usually just blow my car up at that point simply to get at them. Fix this unrealistic trash R*.

ALL cops ALWAYS know EXACTLY where I am. If I let off a pistol round in the middle of nowhere at 3 am within 10 seconds a couple of cop cars appear outta nowhere. Just like real life R*? Hiding is pointless.

Also to the whole traffic laws idea; 99% of gamers hate the idea, so they should be implemented at the start of the game when you are weak. When you are the big boss character who runs everything you can pretty much get away with murder.

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

yeah thats true its so annoying oh it be awesome like the godfather if you can eliminate a police station at a time but in godfather you eliminate a mob but still that would be cool. imagine if you can get inside people for you and they give you information on people that you hunting also all pedestriams have different behavior and strength like some can be sporty and could kick your ass in a fight. this would be sweet.

the getting information id have it so you get a list and chose or come up with who you after also this can be your friend you looking to fight or kill that wouldn't be nice but it be a new feature for corrupt police.

ps2_master94
  • ps2_master94

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Maybe there should be a feature where you get a cop outfit, go into the station and just chat with cops and what not, but the real purpose in doing this is to find out which cops are dirty. After doing this you should be able to bribe them to look the other way when you commit a crime.

Also, there should be payphones. You can call a cop on a payphone, and press either 1,2 or 3 based on how bad the emergency is. But you dont have to stay, while all the cops are drving to the payphone location, you could go out to a different part of town real quick and kill someone.

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

it be cool if you can get traffic patrol police to make it easy for you and block of roads or empty them up this would be so useful also you can call back up for chasing someone but remember they have to get ready so its realistic

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

-Speeding can be an issue

I think this is the only one that would be real problematic. I think its safe to say that alot of players gun around town from point a to b. If this occured we would have a wanted level more often then not. I could see that being an annoyance with players.

I never understood when i break arrest the cops immediately open fire on me. Its inconsistent with the NPCs. If a NPC breaks free then the police go back into pursuit mode. They dont open fire. If i had one star and i break free from arrest I see no reason to be shot at.

I would like to see the return of nightsticks. Tear gas would be a welcome element with SWAT.

Whatever happened to the road spikes the cops used to lay out?

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:56 PM Edited by foohy, 07 July 2009 - 06:12 PM.

My Hopes:

1 Star:
-Obtained by starting fist fights or melee weapon fights with a ped or cop.
-Obtained by hitting a cop car.
-Only the cops who witness the action will pursue.
-Cops will instruct the guilty party(s) to stop what they are doing
-Cops will NOT arrest you at this wanted level or call in your "crime"
-The following will raise your wanted level to 2 stars:
--Ignoring the cop and continuing to fight
--Flee the scene after hitting a cop car
--Fighting a cop
--Revealing a gun (discharge will raise your level to 3 stars)

2 Stars:
-Cops will use tasers and batons in their attempt to arrest you
-You can bribe the cop to let you go immediately. 50/50 chance of working.
-Cops will call in your crime, though only one unit will be sent (2 cops in a car with handguns)
-The following will raise your wanted level to 3 stars:
--Discharging a weapon
--Escaping while being arrested
--Stealing a police car
--Stealing an emergency vehicle
--Killing anyone

3 Stars:
-Cops will call for backup. 3 units will arrive at a time. (2 cops in each car; one with a handgun, one with a shotgun)
-Any nearby cops that were not called as backup (security guards, etc.) will use either a taser or handgun in attempt to arrest you.
-Cops will use lethal force if necessary but will try to arrest you if possible.
-Roadblocks and spike strips are set up at bridges and major roads.
-The following will raise your wanted level to 4 stars:
--Killing multiple people (peds or cops)
--Using explosives of any kind.
---Blowing up a police car.
--Breaking into a secure area.

4 Stars:
-Some NOoSE teams are brought in. They wear body armor and use 3 types of weapons:
--Most use pistols that are more powerful than the police's.
--Some use MP5s
-A helicopter is called in but does not attack you.
-NOoSE personnel drive better and take better cover than cops.
-Boats will attack you, if in the water, with MP5s.
-The following will raise your wanted level to 5 stars:
--Killing a multitude of law enforcement officers and/or peds.
--Repeatedly using explosives.
---Blowing up 2 helicopters.
---Blowing up many law enforcement vehicles.

5 Stars:
-NOoSE now outnumber police officers.
-Most NOoSE personnel use MP5s
-Two helicopters will attack you. Each one will harbor 2 NOoSE agents with MP5s
-FIB agents will be called in.
-FIB agents use MP5s and combat shotguns.
-FIB agents drive the same FIB Buffalo and Enforcer as in IV
-FIB agents wear much body armor.
-FIB agents will use tear gas in a stand off. The screen will become blurred around the edges.
-The following will raise you to 6 stars:
--Killing a multitude of Police officers, NOoSE personnel, FIB agents, and peds
--Using many explosives
---Blowing up many vehicles
---Blowing up groups of people at a time.

6 Stars:
-The Army will be called in.
-When flying you will be attacked by military helicopters and jets.
-The military will NOT use tanks to attack you.* 6 soldiers will show up in APC.
-The military will chase you with APCs and armored Patriots.
-Armored patriots will have a mounted machine gun on top.
-Roadblocks will be set up consisting of APCs, patriots, and spike strips. 10 or so soldiers will defend each roadblock
-No attempt to arrest you will be made. They will only try to kill you.

Notes:
-The IV wanted system will be built upon to allow for more stealth
-Backup will not be sent unless a cop has you in their sight...so you can hide when your stars go grey.
-Police presence will be higher at higher wanted levels.
-Changing clothes will make you harder to spot. You can get in cop's line of sight and they will not recognize you immediately. Though after 5 seconds of being in a cop's immediate line of sight they will recognize you.
-If the next GTA has countryside cops will be different. They will not use tasers and will use double-barreled shotguns at 3 stars. They will also have older cop cars and police ranchers ala San Andreas.
-When in small towns NOoSE and FIB backup will take longer to show up.
-When in the countryside ALL law enforcement backup (except military) will take longer to show up.
-When arrested your hands will be cuffed behind your back. You cannot use weapons (fists included) and you can not swim. But you CAN run away...after a few real-life minutes pass or after you sleep the cuffs will disappear. Once you are in the cop car you will see the busted screen. However you can watch the ride to the station and attempt to bribe the cops to let you go up to the point that the car arrives at the station and the screen goes black. At this point you will respawn outside the same station with the typical money and weapon loss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tanks would kill you in one shot...no fun. I still want tanks in the game, though. Parked at a military base or something

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (OrgesProductions @ Jul 7 2009, 05:04)
-Roit Cops(incase the next gta is about big brawls and gangs)

I've never actually thought of that but wouldn't it be cool if there was a riot with gangs or just amongst peds and rows of riot police with shields, wearing the full outfit marching towards you. The idea of running at them with an unpinned grenade springs to mind colgate.gif

PatrickFaustin
  • PatrickFaustin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

The idea i'm really liking is allowing more stealth when evading police. If you have a wanted level and are out of sight of any cop, and you switch cars, you should be free even if you are inside the circle (unless a pedestrian calls you out). Same goes for if you enter a building out of sight of a cop, if you stay in the building for a while, the wanted level should go away.

And i do think i found a fair compromise for the traffic laws conflict in my first post in this thread.... ^^^^

and cops hats shouldnt be spring loaded when you shoot them in the head. They're hats fly off WAY too high haha

iamanevilbastard
  • iamanevilbastard

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:50 PM Edited by iamanevilbastard, 07 July 2009 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE (kareljanis @ Jul 7 2009, 08:38)
^ good ideas, but how the hell would an airstrike work? it seems a bit unrealistic too.

OK, airstrike I should've explained a bit better eh? You're right, an airstrike as in a stealth bomber coming in and dropping a nuke on you owuld be unrealistic.

What I mean is, you'd have to be
1 In a very defensible position or extremely hard to access by the Marines
2 You'd have to be in an out of the way area (eg on Alcatraz if it was based on San Fransisco, and well away from any law enforcement, military orcivilians
3 To be worth an airstrike, you'd have to have killed a sh!tload of military personnel

"If every building was enterable you'd never get passed 4 stars because of snipers."-OrgesProductionS

I was expecting someone to say that. It'd be in the games coding or programming or whatever for snipers ton not enter every building that provides a good vantge point: they'd be spread out along possible escape routes and if you're holed up omewhere, then in a positionw hich allows them to have a shot at you. Like, you could be in a pub with your rifle and there's a multistorey car park out back with a hotel behind it and a corner shop, shopping centre and two-storey house in front of you. Snipers would be on the car park roof (to shoot at you), int he hotel (to cut you off) and on the shopping centre roof (again, to cut you off).

Yeah, I suppose SWAT shoudl have tear gas insted of grenades.

Lot of good ideas from the rest of youse... the helicopter, response time and unlimited cops thing was pretty true. CHANGE IT ROCKSTAR!

foohey's wanted system was also excellent.

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

they better change it now because im sick of me getting arrest for punching out a guy that ran me over damn cops.

I reckon if you could lock doors in building they bring a team to knock the door down..

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

I reckon you shouldn't get a star straight away from shooting one shot, even though NO ONE is around you.

And you don't lose your weapons from getting arrested.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:10 AM

I want real life cops.

If I make a stand off, I want SWAT to surround my location and try to get in. If I'm not driving reckless during a chase they should either.

I'm all for the Army as well, its real fun challenging them. Specially the air force.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (foohy @ Jul 7 2009, 19:56)
<snip>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tanks would kill you in one shot...no fun. I still want tanks in the game, though. Parked at a military base or something

looks good, nice post icon14.gif

Insane Brandon
  • Insane Brandon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

I want to see the National Guard at Six Stars. They would use the USAS 12, M60 and M4. They would drive Humvees and APCs. Maybe even tanks and attack helicopters if you are in the country side where no civilians are.

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

They should add a 7th star, where they send in ninjas.

TheShogunOfHarlem
  • TheShogunOfHarlem

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:59 AM Edited by TheShogunOfHarlem, 09 July 2009 - 05:23 AM.

QUOTE (iamanevilbastard @ Jul 7 2009, 08:26)
OK, I agree with most of whats been posted, but still, here's my take

1 star
-Cops with batons. They break up fights, pursue people who are speeding way over the limit (like 150 in a 25 zone).
-Pull guns and call in backup if you have a gun.

2 stars
-Cops all use guns
-Riot cops with shields, tasers and handguns.
-Every 3rd cop has a shotgun

3 stars
-Riot cops now have tear gas
- 4 cops to a squad car. Two will have shotguns.
-Helicopter in the air.
-Cops now shoot to kill, so expect headshots.

4 stars
-SWAT. They now have the most powerful SMG, grenades and snipers.
-News chopper

5 stars
-FBI tac teams with M4s/M16s and snipers and body armour
-SWAT has body armour
- 2nd helicopter
-Patrol cops now all have shotguns and body armour,  but there a re very few, bigger emphasis on FBI and SAWT

6 stars
-3rd chopper: national guard
-Marines:
-Infantry with M4s. EVery fifth Marine has a  smei auto shotgun. All have grenades , knives and sidearms.
- Snipers with M40A1s, or even a Barret M107.
-Every tenth Marine will have an M60 or M249 light machine gun
-APCs
-Tanks
-If you are holed up in a building, then an air strike may be called in.

If you have to go up against a SWAT or FBI agent or  marine in aclose quarters combat, expect to lose: they are f*cking deadly.

Your wanted levels are similar to mine in many ways. I'm unsure about having air strikes but it would be interesting to see how it would work.

Here's mine:
1 star:
Part 1-Cops will chase and subdue you with melee/HTH techniques. (tackling and tackdowns)
Part 2- More cops come but they use non-lethal weapons.(tasers etc.)
Part 3- Even more cops will come and the use of deadly force is authorized.
(note: If your weapon is out it will immediately switch to part 3)

2 stars: Plainclothes officers will join in. They will now focus on killing over cature.

3 stars: Cops in Patriots (Humvees) will join the chase. Police Helicopters will observe and track your movements. They will not fire on you. At sea police boats will patrol the waters. At this level capturing you is not an option.

4 stars: SWAT/ESU/Riot police join the chase. (as well as Homeland security) Their Methods include:
-Using Enforcers and other APCs
-Shooting from Helicopters
-Fast-roping from Helicopters
-Using tear gas and Flashbangs
-Snipers on Rooftops and windows.
At sea: The Coast Guard comes after you.
5 stars: FIB join in. Their tactics are similar as above but much more aggressively implemented. FIB buffaloes appear.

6 stars: Military
Part 1- The National Guard
Part 2- Army and Marines
Part 3- Special Forces

Basically you are screwed: Using Tanks could be risky because you could run into an Anti-Tank mines and Soldiers/Marines/Special Forces using Javelins and other shoulder fired weapons.
Helicopters run the risk of being shot down by stinger missiles and Jet fighters. (the same goes for Fixed wing aircraft)
At Sea the Navy will be dispatched to deal with you.

Basically It would be like this. And this.
How could I forget this?

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Well this is my new one id like

1st Star:
-Cops Try To Restrain You
-No Weapons Involved Unless You Decide To Pull One Out
-Chase You
Weapons Used:
-Baton
-Tazer Gun
-Fists
-Pepper Spray
Features:
-Give you questions of what you did and you can respond
-Handcuff you(Also you can counter attack them may lead to them getting KO'd out)
What It Takes To Get 2nd Star:
-Counter attack police 3 times
-Fire gun
-Pull out a firearm
-Murder

2nd Star:
-Try to injury your body parts so you limb or cannot use a weapon
-Chase you
-Arrest you
-Up close attacks
Weapons Used:
-9mm
-Knife
-Baton
-Pepper Spray
-Tazer
Features:
-When sprayed they stab you, tazer you or fight you until you allow team to arrest you or until your forced to be arrested
-Knock you out if tazered to the head
-Can be paralized this will cause you to go to hospital and you can chose to sleep though it or play though it approx 1hour gameplay
-Spike your car
What It Takes To Get 3rd Star:
-Murder 6 times
-Hit and run 3 times
-Counter attack 33times (counter attack only knocks them out or disables them eg. breaking there arm)
-Use heavy weapons and if you blow up building or other things(everything can be destroyed and you have to wait until they build again)

3rd Star:
-Go for headshots
-Spike your car
-Gas you
Weapons Used:
-Knock out gas
-Frags
-Uzi
-9mm
-Shotgun
Features:
-Running away is going to be hard and you will be cornered also choppers are on your ass
What It Takes To Get 4th Star:
-Murder 20 times
-Hit n Run 25 times
-Blow sh*t up

4th Star:
-Kill you
-Sniper you
-Run you over
-Traps(new cops have real life IQ)
Weapons Used:
-Heavy Guns eg. Machine guns, Rifles
-Sniper
Features:
-Police will just try to kill you
What It Takes To Get 5th Star:
-Same as to get to lvl 4

5th Star:
-Will Blow You Up
-Cars are usless
-Hiding is going to be hard
Weapons Used:
-Heavy Weapons
-High Powered Sniper rifle like on rambo the new one
-Grenades
-Knock Out Gas
Features:
-Your f*ckED!
What It Takes To Get 6th Star:
-Same as to get to lvl 5

6th Star:
-Will try to catch you again
-Have bounty hunters on you ass
-If you push it they will kill you
Weapons Used:
-Light Machine Guns
-Sniper
-Tazer
-Baton
-Knock out gas
Features:
-You got bounty hunters and police on you because you have a 100,000 bounty on you head it raises depending on amount of crimes.
-They just gonna catch you so traps are going to be around every corner

Units Wanted Lvl
-Secuirty Guard 1
-Police Men/Women All
-Elite Police(Sergeants and stuff) 2-6
-FBI 3-6
-Elite FBI 4-6
-SWAT 4-6
-Elite SWAT 5-6
-Marines 6
-Bounty Hunters 6

Rockstar1123
  • Rockstar1123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

My Dad's Been Friend With Sam Before Rockstar Even Came Out And Sam Said They Mite Put K-9 Units In So IF Ur On Foot And They Cant Catch You They Send The Dogs After You And You Cant Out Run The Dogs Unless You Get In A Car But The Cops Will Be Easier To Get Away From Then In The Other GTA's

rampage!
  • rampage!

I'm magically delicious

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Lollercoaster @ Jul 8 2009, 19:22)
They should add a 7th star, where they send in ninjas.

And an 8th star where they send Chuck Norris after you. biggrin.gif

OrgesProductions
  • OrgesProductions

AlbanianMachine

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:14 AM Edited by OrgesProductions, 16 July 2009 - 12:52 PM.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar1123 @ Jul 10 2009, 04:25)
My Dad's Been Friend With Sam Before Rockstar Even Came Out And Sam Said They Mite Put K-9 Units In So IF Ur On Foot And They Cant Catch You They Send The Dogs After You And You Cant Out Run The Dogs Unless You Get In A Car But The Cops Will Be Easier To Get Away From Then In The Other GTA's

facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif Fail

Anyway:
I wouldn't want to see dogs in GTA. Especially not dogs trying to kill me. That would be annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users