» «
Photo

Sanny Builder 3

5 replies to this topic
JayWyn
  • JayWyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:53 PM Edited by JayWyn, 05 July 2009 - 08:42 PM.

Need Help With Using SB 3 I Have It Installed And Open But I Don't Know How To Install The Mod. I'm New To GTA Modding And I Need Help, And CLEO 3 I'm Totally Lost... suicidal.gif

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:48 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 05 July 2009 - 10:55 PM.

If you're not a programmer, you will remain very very lost, unfortunately. Your only hope is to read what has been written on these forums for the past few years. Tutorials etc.

Installing a script mod does not require sanny builder, you just read the instructions and do as it says. Writing a mod requires sanny or similar, and it takes a knowledge of SCM coding and programming basics. I have tried to learn for an ungodly amount of time - if you are not a coder, it may not be worth your time. You will never know unless you try, and there is a wealth of information to be found here (although nothing actually teaches you anything, you still need to already know how to code before you can learn to do more than place a weapon or car - there are no REAL tutorials on this site for coding, only translations of SCM to other people who already know how to code, since the people who code already know other languages already so they understand each other [which mean's you're a beginner at SCM, not coding, which they don't teach anyone, because it's a "magic trick")

Basically.

So, specific problems you face, you can find help. Don't expect to learn to code anything here though, not unless you already know how to do so with other languages because as I said, it's all translations, no real lessons or tutorials. No real guides exist. Even the tutorials are just examples, no teaching. Trust me, I've read them all and I can't write a script to save my life.

I can add a carspawn LOL. That's about it.

The best place for you to start is Sanny builder's help files. It has a good documentation, and it can save you from a lot of the above written if you can understand it (I can't).

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Im not agree with supermortalhuman, i learned to code SCM, with out knowing any other programming language, it taked time. But i did it.

And the tutorials around here cant really teach you, because we didnt make the SCM coding sintaxis and stuff. We just decifred them. But there are some good tutorials that really teachs you a lot of things that are very usefull to start and then by yourself practise and became better.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

goin-god- ok, then you are the man we both need to see (if he wants to code)

I want to code - I can't,

The tutorials you mentioned, please point me to them? If I can't learn from them then I will give up and decide I just can't code. But if you started like that, and now you know how, then you may be the one to bridge the gap!

Maybe you can start tutorials for people who are totally clueless like me with scripts? Because as you said, you can't really learn from them, but you mentioned other tutorials and no links or anything though. Can you share the knowledge? Because I have struggled. :'( Perhaps we can talk in private and build scripts together? I can make assets and stuff for your scripts while you explain to me how to code my clone on my end. etc.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:11 AM Edited by goin-god, 06 July 2009 - 02:13 AM.

I learned by reading everysingle tuto in this forum. And then by asking questions and doubts in Mission Coding subforum.

I really dont know what to put in a tutorial, because most of things are allready documented, and IMO they are good. And tahts how i learned. I didnt mind to say that Tutos are not good, they are, they really are. But after reading and unsderstanding them you need to practise, and noone can teach you that, you have to do it by yourself.

When i started coding i had the feeling that it was really diffcult and couldnt get it to work. Eventually i got really used to it and started to like it. Liking it make me find it easier to do.

Same thing happened with modeling, i found it hard and really didnt like it. Until i got the basic stuff and practised.

But, if you are looking for good tutos. I would Say, Coding Bible 1 and 2, Dutchy's Coding tutos (When i was learingng it wasnt made, i wou˝d have paid for having them), and READ THE SANNY BUILDER HELP.

Thats all, that IMO will help you ALOT on this. And then, ofcourse Practise and your force of will, are the ones that will tell wheter you will be good or not in scripting. Also ZAZ coding tutos are ok aswell.

And im not saying im a god in scripting, i still have some problems with the Advanced coding (maybe because it wasnt really usable back in my learning days) and im more into Modeling that Coding ATM.

But well, my advice is... READ EVERYTHING you find about coding. Read the SANNy's Help. Ask doubts everytime you need in Mission Coding and Practise, Practise and Practise.

Good luck, feel free to ask me doubts anytime you need. wink.gif And if i cant answer them, you can allways Use Mission Coding forums.

EDIT:

I forgot! ALLWAYS LOOK AT ROCKSTAR ORIGINAL WAY TO CODE. Thats the best thing to do, how do you think the pionners of SCM Coding started? By looking at R* code you will find many answers, just look at it and try to understand it.

For example you want to spawn a car and make it drive somewhere? Look how R* did it anywhere.
Its something i did, and keep doing, alot.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:57 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 06 July 2009 - 03:03 AM.

That post is such an asset to this topic. I feel like I might have jacked the thread if he was only asking how to install a mod, unaware it is a copy over process and not needing the tools. But if he was asking indeed how to write his own mods, you've definitely fulfilled it. I've read the bibles, read but not PRACTICED, but admittedly I didn't lurk there as much as I lurked the maps and modeling sections of the forum.

I haven't seen Dutchy's tutorials, I will have a look. That tells me there must be a lot more new stuff to read since I last got discouraged (like, since cleo) - I've been getting into the GTA engines for a long time. Thanks man, you have sort of re-awakened my interests and when I can set aside some time, I'll just start reading topics, trying to catch theory. Looked over sanny's help many-a, it's true it has a lot in there, but when I did start "from the beginning" it still felt like I needed a prior knowledge. Didn't feel that way back in the day when I got into other things in gaming, but codes and scripts are hard tounge.gif Thank you.

I did exaggerate the first post, but you can see how hopeless it is since you came from it, yet still you show it can be done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users