Photo

i noticed rockstar...

17 replies to this topic
davetheshrew
  • davetheshrew

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Has been going around the various mods on this forum over the past few days, I have seen them repeatedly go to the visualIV mod thread and the enviroment mod thread, it seems to me that they are seeking improvments to the game through the mod scene, IMO i hope they do use these mods as material for their next patch as they are awesome visual improvments which dont hit performance.Does anyone else think this?

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Ha, brilliant. I think that's where a lot of SA features came from. Jetpack monocle.gif

Chris1508
  • Chris1508

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Either paying intrest to the modding community or just finding out about online cheaters and looking to prevent them before the next big patch smile.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Oh ye mortals of little faith, to think you are all under the impression I "big up" Rockstar Toronto out of blind devotion biggrin.gif . They are still here, they are still watching, they are still listening and they are still trying to give us all that we want. I wonder did we see THAT in the GTA 3 era tounge.gif

CharmingCharlie waves at Rockstar Toronto and motions that the plain vanilla envelope he got last month was a little bit too light money wise

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jul 4 2009, 22:59)
Oh ye mortals of little faith, to think you are all under the impression I "big up" Rockstar Toronto out of blind devotion biggrin.gif . They are still here, they are still watching, they are still listening and they are still trying to give us all that we want. I wonder did we see THAT in the GTA 3 era tounge.gif

CharmingCharlie waves at Rockstar Toronto and motions that the plain vanilla envelope he got last month was a little bit too light money wise

So do you have inside sources? Can you tell us when well get the next patch?

davetheshrew
  • davetheshrew

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Chris1508 @ Jul 4 2009, 22:40)
Either paying intrest to the modding community or just finding out about online cheaters and looking to prevent them before the next big patch smile.gif

could be but i doubt it, ive been spending a few evenings reading up on visual mods and rockstar keep poping up so i doubt they are after methods of anticheat as there is no cheating involved in visual mods. Good to see they are still watching, it really did make me think that they are thinking of the next patch visually though, i can live and hope lol.

Masturmind
  • Masturmind

Magii Piscatri

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

I don't think about modders doing invironment mods. rolleyes.gif

I hope they are going to use some of the mods' material, I just installed that 'Ultimate Graphics Tweak' (or whatever it's called). moto_whistle.gif It's amazing colgate.gif

faro0485
  • faro0485

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Masturmind @ Jul 4 2009, 23:36)

I don't think about modders doing invironment mods. rolleyes.gif

I hope they are going to use some of the mods' material, I just installed that 'Ultimate Graphics Tweak' (or whatever it's called). moto_whistle.gif It's amazing colgate.gif

The last patch ruined my ultimate graphics tweak experience...

1.0.4.0 doesn't like alice.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

C.C.
They have been here before, They have always been here.
Other wise they wouldn't have known to show us wtf was up on the third island
in gtaiii, (liberty city stories , the tunnel under the telescope).

Now can we convince them to pacify the pc users by making an lcs and vcs for pc
sas. They can't go wrong with engines that already exist for pc :-)
Although I would gladly paypal 10-20 bucks for a dl version from their site
or at least and sdk so we can make it ourselves ???

As for as the pc gtaiv, I am ready for the final version of anything they plop out.
So far I have not had the desire to mod this one. I like it for what it is.

nemesi5
  • nemesi5

Soloist

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Rockstar gave you money for modding the forums ?
CC mercie_blink.gif

Weses
  • Weses

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:31 AM Edited by Weses, 05 July 2009 - 09:33 AM.

I hope they take the Ultimate Graphics Tweak into consideration and give us options to enable or disable Depth of Field, Soft Shadows or Motion Blur on the fly instead of us having to modify game files that block us from playing online...

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (nemesi5 @ Jul 5 2009, 07:46)
CC mercie_blink.gif

Lol.

In my opinion, Rockstar and the modding community could better work together than against each other. The modding community doesn't want to work against Rockstar, because we all are glad that we have the game and are grateful for it. Working together would mean even better games for everone, but working against each other would only make the game worse (for example of course multiplayer cheating). If they really look in the modding forums, I hope they are trying find a solution for multiplayer cheating, something that destroys the fun for both normal players and modders.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:34)
QUOTE (nemesi5 @ Jul 5 2009, 07:46)
CC  mercie_blink.gif

Lol.

In my opinion, Rockstar and the modding community could better work together than against each other. The modding community doesn't want to work against Rockstar, because we all are glad that we have the game and are grateful for it. Working together would mean even better games for everone, but working against each other would only make the game worse (for example of course multiplayer cheating). If they really look in the modding forums, I hope they are trying find a solution for multiplayer cheating, something that destroys the fun for both normal players and modders.

What does multiplayer cheating have to do with us and our forum? If R* wants to discuss that, they'd better talk to the guys from STFU.com. The only thing they'll hear, though, is "get lost." LOL I truely believe we have no influence on what is happening.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

If Rockstar wants to create something against Multiplayer cheating (modding), they have to look at all mods, not only mods that can be used for playing online. Then they will get the best result.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (nemesi5 @ Jul 5 2009, 06:46)
CC mercie_blink.gif

Yep just extended my swimming pool this year thanks to all the moolah. I am thinking of having my swimming pool done in the shape of "Rockstar fanboy". I can dream can't I, just for the record no I don't get anything from Rockstar Toronto. I am a normal user just like you guys I even have to buy my own games cryani.gif I am just very passionate about GTA 4 and GTA on the PC. Oh and no I don't have "insider" knowledge about things, I just hear or see things now and again and put 2 and 2 together.

BigSlongsDaddy
  • BigSlongsDaddy

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

i hope they use the better texture mod , that's all i have changed in my game and i still am not allowed to play on-line with it and i will be damned if im hunting down all the 7gb odd texture files that the mod is..

davetheshrew
  • davetheshrew

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:54 PM Edited by davetheshrew, 05 July 2009 - 08:00 PM.

QUOTE (BigSlongsDaddy @ Jul 5 2009, 17:12)
i hope they use the better texture mod , that's all i have changed in my game and i still am not allowed to play on-line with it and i will be damned if im hunting down all the 7gb odd texture files that the mod is..

I think visualIV mod is better than big texture pack for R* for a couple of reasons.
If R* was going to implement one of these mods id put my money on visualIV, its a small file size, nothing like 7gb!!
Also the visualIV mod does what people want, better DOF, better bloom, much better blur and shadows, none if little performance loss and looks a hell of a lot better aswell. The texture pack is what it is, just better textures, it does nothing for pop in problems, no peds in cars etc.
R* could use this and allow us to change more options in the menu very easilly.
C'mon R*, i promise there will be so many less people bitching if this was done.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (TruXter @ Jul 4 2009, 21:27)

or at least  and sdk so we can make it ourselves ???

Hey truxter! I just posted about this and I could use support! After seeing and responding to this topic we are in right now, it was eating at me, so I had to write my feelings and just try to get an explanation:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=417144

All I want is GTA SA tools IF they don't want to give IV tools or an answer why they won't give them, even after all this time. And then I won't suicidal.gif lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users