» «
Photo

[Casual][SA]Best Total Conversion Idea

2 replies to this topic
supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:50 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 02 July 2009 - 11:02 AM.

World's Best TC Idea - By You
Fancy Formatting To Come Upon Topic Success

This is a casual topic but with good use. You know, I have a whole lot of skills with mapping from a long time reading everything I can about it and I can put a picture of anything into a model, and then I can put them into these games. This isn't a recruitment topic, but I do want to start a team/start a mod and invite others to contribute. This topic is more about how I've got the skills, but lack the ideas, the concept art, the stuff that goes along with killer mapping abilities - the things that make any TC impossible for one person to complete (scratch-made-TC) in a realistic time frame, regardless of its size in most cases.

So, since I'm sure I'm not alone in that, this is our little Total Conversion Brainstorming topic. The [Casual] tag is because this is the showroom, and this isn't a mod. However, there isn't a section to have General conversation about this aspect of modding as it seems no one has gone into the celebration of the modding thing yet, only the technical side or the showing. So I tagged this post [Casual] just in case it catches on and people want to discuss general things in future topics, it would be an easy way for GTANet to split these into a new forum section if ever the demand rose for general or casual discussion. Misc being the closest word to general, of course.

What is expected of people who wish to share their ideas is no different from GTA Next's section in this forum, except in this case it is self contained in this topic. You can make a radar map, outlining the details of it and the rest of your mod idea - you can put your whole game in here. The point of this topic is to shop your ideas for TC (total conversion to an all new game, gta gameplay or not) mods and hopefully some teams will be born through the best ideas.

Try please to limit conversation in this topic to responses and replies to actual idea entries and ideas for this topic to be better suited for brainstorming new TCs and attracting new networking partners. In other words, let's try to keep team-building and "I'll work with you" in the PM's. If not, it'll just be a lot of posts like "PM me, I like this idea". Better to keep that type of stuff in PM's and save your responses for building on or writing about the actual ideas you read here, and sharing your own.

You do not need to be a modder to participate in this topic, just make a note "Hey, I'm not looking for a team, but I always thought, if I can make a TC, this is what it will be, will be cool to see someone put the idea to use if you all like it as much!"

Q: Why didn't you post this in one of the various requests topics?
A: Those requests topics are more suited for elements (due to both the nature of all-areas besides the Map section, and the map section being more about small additions or map tweaks than actual full-blown maps requests).

Q: Does my idea need to be like a GTA sequel or version of GTA?
A: No. The way GTA games are made in such a way that you can make just about any kind of game out there. Quasi MMO's are even possible, limited only by however many players the MP clients currently support. Examples of different game types in derivitives of the GTA3 branch of RenderWare are The Warriors, Red Dead Revolver, Bully/Canis Canem Edit, and Manhunt.

Q: Are there prizes if my mod idea gets picked by some pro-modders to be made into a game?
A: Absolutely not. But you can brag all you want.

Q: Can I share my GTA Next topic here? Can I paste in my favorites others have created?
A: Yes unless they or staff has an issue with it. Link to any content that does not belong to you and credit its author to keep it a mutual-back-scratch situation for participants here and authors in the GTA Next section who become featured here.

Don't be shy. No idea is a bad idea unless it involves shaving cream, condoms, and a horse. I'd like to see this topic to do well, let your ideas shine. It can be more than a hobby.

WannaBeStartinSomething
  • WannaBeStartinSomething

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

ohh! I have a great iDea!

Replace all cars with horses (different breeds..ect). replace all guns with condoms and when you get shot instead of blood you bleed shaving cream!

actually. that sounds like it could be fun lol

EDIT:

sh*t, 20 day bump blush.gif

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

lol yea, 20 day bump for all of that. I'm resurrecting this in another topic (maps ppc) with a link here so hopefully we can all make something of it. As can be seen in those pages, in one day I made quite a bit, I hope we can come up with some good ideas.

So post your map concepts of all shapes and sizes, radar maps of course. Ideas for storylines, ideas for locations, why it would work in the space provided in SA or IV etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users