» «
Photo

[WIP|GTA IV] Realistic Time Cycle

184 replies to this topic
Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:08 PM Edited by Rob.Zombie, 06 March 2010 - 08:21 PM.

bump

Allright so I managed to get a pretty good daytime look.
Here are some WIP shots from RTC v3.0:
(note: no ENB, no nothing, just pure GTA)
user posted image
user posted image

I'm gonna upload some shots from rainy, foggy and other weathers, but my net is f*cking with me right now confused.gif

EDIT:
More pics as promised:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

like the pics man, nice job!

btw where did you get that sweet gun?!!?! wow.gif

icon14.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Well that's a WIP gun so it's not ready for download yet, but there's another M82 Barrett here:
http://modmywhat.com...hp?topic=2123.0

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

unfortunately link does not work for me (and yes i am a registered user there so...?) cryani.gif

but anyways are you the author of this WIP gun? Or is it some other person? Do you where I should find the gun mod when it becomes released?

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

VOVOVOVOVOVOVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO man!!!!! colgate.gif it is gr8 I did'nt thought that u'll B able to manage daytime GFX soo better.....but ya need mor work...will U able to do? & ya plz dont forget to update ur nite too....though it does'nt need much work but ya make it better....& ya 1 mor thin... can u do that visual IV real time sunlight? if u r not able to do then can u plz plz plz add that only? coz it gives realtime lighting effect just like Dirt 2 what u think abt this crapp? lol tounge.gif http://www.gtaforums...pic=434088&st=0 OK i'll B on da point look at this http://www.gta4-mods...iberty-v3-f4235 it is more liberty V3.... i dont think that he has modded GFX as it looks like visual IV only..he has edited peds & vehicle density only.....OK U watchout that pic & video too.....C da lighting effect.....if u only add that lighting effect then it wud B gr8......plz dont say NO now.........evryone will want to hav such effect....if u dont want to use then try to creat smile.gif REST 100/10...coz it is much much much better.....make a video & upload on Youtube

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Nah I'm not, the author is smokey, dunno when will he release it though. Anyway the link works for me though confused.gif
try to go to zombo.com -> forums -> gta iv modding showroom and search for M82A1 Barrett.

Stephen:
ok I can look into that, but what do you mean by real time sunlight? Show me a picture of what you want and I'll try to look into it. These shots were all taken at 12:00 (noon)

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

lol trying to fool me with zombo.com eh? nice try.

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 7 2010, 12:34)
Nah I'm not, the author is smokey, dunno when will he release it though. Anyway the link works for me though confused.gif
try to go to zombo.com -> forums -> gta iv modding showroom and search for M82A1 Barrett.

Stephen:
ok I can look into that, but what do you mean by real time sunlight? Show me a picture of what you want and I'll try to look into it. These shots were all taken at 12:00 (noon)

can u plz tell me ur real name? & ya budd sorry to say but i'll B bit buzzzy till 31(ma EX(exam) will finish that day)...& ok
if u think i m spamming this thread then give ur mail ID or mail me on [email protected] & here r da linkz of video...watchout for da direction of sunlight & effect.....looks much realistic http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded this is more liberty V3(but effects r frm latest visual IV....i think) & ya look at these details of Visual I...
VisualIV - graphic mod for Grand Theft Auto IV.
Current version is 1.5.2

This version change in game:

- better lighting like in Dirt 2
- realistic angle of lights
- better DOF
- better compatibility with multiplayer

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

@stephenmarsh: Dude, it is f*cking annoying to read your posts, if you write stuff like: U ARE CUUL MUN SHIZ IS FUKIN SIKC BLABLA suicidal.gif lol.gif

@Rob.Zombie: Great screens, i see the mod is progressing very well.
And it would be ace if you could make the car reflections even more stronger, however they are already great.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

Yeah try talking english smile.gif Anyway I can't beat ENB Series lol. All of those shots were taken with ENB series on, and it's the Ambient Occlusion and Indirect Lighting that makes it look more real. You can use ENB Series with my mod as well, when I'll have time maybe I'll try to optimize it.
And I don't use DOF, or either motion blur, since you can't find these in real life. If you don't concentrate on a part of the world, ofcourse it'll be blurry, but if you don't concentrate on it on your screen, it'll still be "blurry". Hope you are getting mah point.
As for MP, if you have filecheckfix it should let you go online...

@Slayer thanks, I'll try to make it even stronger. Unfortunately the it gives stronger reflections to the road as well, making it look like it's wet. whatsthat.gif

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:51 PM Edited by Jask777, 07 March 2010 - 08:54 PM.

the hell did you try to fool me for?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 7 2010, 20:39)
Yeah try talking english smile.gif Anyway I can't beat ENB Series lol. All of those shots were taken with ENB series on, and it's the Ambient Occlusion and Indirect Lighting that makes it look more real. You can use ENB Series with my mod as well, when I'll have time maybe I'll try to optimize it.
And I don't use DOF, or either motion blur, since you can't find these in real life. If you don't concentrate on a part of the world, ofcourse it'll be blurry, but if you don't concentrate on it on your screen, it'll still be "blurry". Hope you are getting mah point.

@Slayer thanks, I'll try to make it even stronger. Unfortunately the it gives stronger reflections to the road as well, making it look like it's wet. whatsthat.gif

add 10% more reflection smile.gif

R* why did you put reflections to the streets?

in real life they DONT REFLECT!!!!

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Mar 7 2010, 22:37)

add 10% more reflection smile.gif

R* why did you put reflections to the streets?

in real life they DONT REFLECT!!!!

they do man, they do.

water reflects everything around it. so its normal we seeing that reflection water is doing on road.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Jask777 @ Mar 7 2010, 20:51)

What? Gtaforums has *cough* issues *cough*, because they redirect every link from (modmygta).(com) to zombo.com, and I thought they removed it. As I've said, if you need the M82A1 Barrett, then go to M O D M Y G T A . C O M and search for it in the forums.

And quechus is right about the reflections, the roads don't reflect sh*t in real life, only if it's wet. But on a sunny day the road is not likely to be wet tounge.gif
Anyway I'll give it more reflections, and post pictures soon...

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

hey do you think i can't speak english? dude i live in NYC from my birth & this type of typing is my style.....which is a mixture of english with a tough of HIPHOP & rapperzzzzz style.....& many of people gave me compliments aswell as many people were unable to read it...now it is not my fault dozingoff.gif ok & ya @ SLAYERMAGGOT when the hell i spoke[U ARE CUUL MUN SHIZ IS FUKIN SIKC]??????? please notify me that post if you get sarcasm.gif & ya rob...... when I asked you to make reflection better? you quoted all things in my reply.... & just said thatks to SLAYERMAGGOT......whereas he only asked you to make that
well did you saw that video? what you feel? please tell me soooooon

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

hey ROB dont concentrate on reflection.....first concentrate on the texture & environment because it is needed.....we can use ENB for reflection but not for realistic Grafics colgate.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

I told you, that video was recorded with ENB Series, WHICH gives your game a much more realistic look with it's built-in shader system, or I dunno exactly. I can't recreate such effects, kriller couldn't do it, and no1 will be able to do that, since it's like a new program. It's like try reaching GTA IV graphics in SA. You can make it look similar, but not perfectly the same.
Ps.: Anyway when I said try talking english, I meant it like, use proper grammar, existing words etc. I can understand you, but it looks like internet slang mixed, with writing words how they sound. Anyway it's your style so I don't want to argue about that turn.gif

Anyway as promised, new screens:
user posted imageuser posted image

I know you said that I should improve on the nights, well I couldn't really do anything since I have no idea what you meant. If any of you have any idea, feel free to post it smile.gif
I think I'll keep working on the clouds, because you can't really see them biggrin.gif

Fairlight_
  • Fairlight_

Game of Mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Great work, downlodaing for sure ! cookie.gif
About night, i'm thinking that you could do a very dark blue with some black... (Hope you know what i mean lol)

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 8 2010, 10:41)
QUOTE (Jask777 @ Mar 7 2010, 20:51)

What? Gtaforums has *cough* issues *cough*, because they redirect every link from (modmygta).(com) to zombo.com, and I thought they removed it. As I've said, if you need the M82A1 Barrett, then go to M O D M Y G T A . C O M and search for it in the forums.

My apologies. Sorry, did not know that would happen.

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

well at night u add a but breg tone during hot( sunny) coz during full moon & hot climate sky does'nt look black.....& during pleasant climate without moon......it appear darkest.....but ya keep one point in mind...so lighten da horizon a bit.... mean sky is black then horizon will B dark greish..(light black).....u gettin ma point? colgate.gif colgate.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Yeah I think I get it, but first off all I think there's autumn in GTA (notice the trees) so it couldn't be a really hot night, and when the sun starts to rise (somewhere at 5:00) you can see the sky turning a bit more lighter. Anyway the horizon idea is very good, and I'd love to make it, but unfortunately rockstar removed that feature where we can modify the horizon (like in SA), other wise my sunrise and sunset would be like: the horizon is yellow, while the sky itself is blue. I can only give a cianish look to the horizon with a parameter called reflection from water.
Anyway I'll try to make the sky a bit more lighter.

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 9 2010, 14:38)
Yeah I think I get it, but first off all I think there's autumn in GTA (notice the trees) so it couldn't be a really hot night, and when the sun starts to rise (somewhere at 5:00) you can see the sky turning a bit more lighter. Anyway the horizon idea is very good, and I'd love to make it, but unfortunately rockstar removed that feature where we can modify the horizon (like in SA), other wise my sunrise and sunset would be like: the horizon is yellow, while the sky itself is blue. I can only give a cianish look to the horizon with a parameter called reflection from water.
Anyway I'll try to make the sky a bit more lighter.

well u can do that as kriller has done....which is a big example for u.....& ya dont think about autumn as like kriller u can make climate just like summers....& for trees we'll use kriller's mod for matching climate.....so work regarding summers...... if u hav'nt seen environment mod 5's video yet...then should i give u the link?

xXjoshXx
  • xXjoshXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

ah abit of a bump but i like this mod an i think that it needs abit of work but so far its great the nights are perfect but abit dark at my settings but ill tweek them.ANYWAY is there a link for enb i found it but its not uptodate its like 2 years old. sorry about the bad grammar i am in a hurry its 3am an i have some business to attend to >:)

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

Ok so here are 3 more pictures of a bit reworked daytime. Every car looked like it had a brand new chrome paintjob, so I reduced them a bit (it's still stronger than before) and made the enviroment even more lit.
As for the nights, I made the sky grey at 5:00 so as the sun starts rising up the sky is turning into more and more grey. I've made blueish sky for 21:00 (a bit purplish at extra sunny weather), but I still have to work on that, so I can't really post pics.
If you have any more ideas just tell me smile.gif

xXjoshXx
  • xXjoshXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

love it tho its awsome at night but i had my high beams on an using airbrake the head lights light up half a city block i would try to improve that an other than that its amazing i love freezing the time at 0:00 an doing missions an driving with first person mod

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

Yeah I know that bug, but unfortunately I can't fix it. GTA's headlight is made of a circle (if I remeber well) so I simply made the headlights look down. If I change the size of the "circle" the headlight will be too narrow and you'll get the feeling that you are driving a bike instead of a car biggrin.gif
(If you want to have the original headlights back, just don't install my visualsettings.dat)
And I've made some "before sunrise" (around 5:00) and "after sunset" (around 21:00) shots:
The one with the empire state building is at 21:40, so that's why it's so dark (but at 21:00 the sky is more like grey) and the purplish picture is a test shot of extra sunny's 21:00 (trying to represent a hot day)

xXjoshXx
  • xXjoshXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

ahh i like the new head lights they are a great improvement i just noticed that it helps me it really isnt a flaw i just thought id point it out it funny tho cause i can see people on the ground its like im a heli-copter

xXjoshXx
  • xXjoshXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Ok for the new beta you sent me heres what i got.

right before sunset anout 20:00 it gets brighter then the
sun and the shadows are super strong starts to go dark then goes dark

in early morning the blue in the sky looks like a grayish

night stays same amount of light from 22:00 to 24:00 so midnights abit off
um also at about 6:00 it gets bright an the shadows darken im guessing this is sunrise ITS WAY TO BRIGHT i like the color
these were from extra sunny an sunny weather i also did rainy an foggy an they had same problems but not as bad hope I helped

stephenmarsh
  • stephenmarsh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Well nice effort budd colgate.gif I did'nt thought even that this mod can Become realistic(other than night) well earlier i thought u r makin GTA IV more like SAN Andreas coz i hav'nt seen purple sky in ma whole life.... but after viewing screenshots..i liked it..... but ya it is very light...make Purple more darker to look more realistic.....then as u r saying that early morning will B grey...., I dont think its ryt sarcasm.gif well during 5:00AM sky is almost black.... but nature is soo beautiful that it looks like a drop of blue INK is droped on whole sky & suddenly within secondz.. black sky starts becoming blue in colour & then afterwardz sunrises & makes sky bright & then u know allready... So i mean u need to fix those problems..... OTHER thing.......aduring day make sky blue & at horizon make light blue not cyan like this http://img705.images...extrasunny.jpg/ well its amost realistic so u can take idea & during rain like this http://img704.images...s/i/rain2q.jpg/ & ya during night... [pleasant to all other climate(not extra sunny)] make sky black..... & at horizon make its light black & during hot climate make sky a bit lighter black & same lighter proportion for horizon.....& during rain u must hav noticed that sky is black but clouds instead of dark gre or gry looks orange.....CAN IT B done? WEll till now i hav only this much ideaz tounge2.gif till then KEEP ON GOING biggrin.gif

xXjoshXx
  • xXjoshXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Yeah I agree with stephen somewhat he has great ideas but i think my files maybe messed up cause those time look the same i think an when ever 6:00 an 20:00 are up lights flash on for a few seconds so maybe it was my game an night from 22-24 it should stay the same i just notice there were no changes in that time period

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users