IV Released
944 replies to this topic
MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Whoever did sky colors is a genius! These are just like when looking outside the window!
And I have more than 30FPS! And it was very easy to install.
The nights are also very, very beautiful.
http://i.imgur.com/CmBX05Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/3ux8nhs.jpg
  • robi29 likes this

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:45 PM Edited by robi29, 03 March 2015 - 06:47 PM.

Is there a recommended setting for the brightness, contrast, and saturation in the display options?

We thought the settings are individual for everyone so we didn't put them. My screenshots are made in 1/2 brightness, 1/2 contrast and 2/3 saturation. VisualIV looks fine with huge constrast or low saturation too.

Thank you very much, that you like VisualIV :)

Thanks MrMateczko too :)

• MrMateczko likes this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:28 AM Edited by J.A.G., 09 March 2015 - 02:27 AM.

Your screenshots look better than what I'm seeing while playing, so I'll try your settings. I had the contrast set a little lower and the saturation set much higher than yours.

I played IV for a few hours today, and I love it! I caused a couple of car crashes because I was too busy watching the light adaptation work to watch where Niko was going, lol. The foggy weather is awesome! Kind of creepy at certain times of day, too. Perfect for a zombie mod. The skies look great, and its so much more colorful than the dreary (and hideous) green and brown look that vanilla IV had.

No bugs to report yet. There is just a touch too much bloom during the day for my tastes. But that's just my preference, others will probably be ok with it. Besides, it didn't bother me at all after a few minutes of playing.

I don't just like VisualIV, I love it. I've used a ton of timecycle mods. Some good, some bad, some ugly. But I always ended up reinstalling VisualIV after trying the others.

EDIT:
I've noticed some slight "chugging" around mid-day in sunny and extra sunny weather. Not sure if it's an issue with 1.8
or with my PC. I'm running a PhenomII X4 960T, 8gb RAM, and a 1gb gtx460 with Nvidia's DSR enabled and set at
"2x native resolution". The native resolution is only 1280x1024 (hence the use of DSR), thanks to my crappy monitor.
I'm not convinced it's a fault of VisualIV, but I wanted to report it anyway, just in case.

And you can go ahead and make jokes about running an AMD processor with an Nvidia card, I know I'm weird. :p
  • robi29 likes this

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

eb3027396333353.jpgba6e76396333368.jpg69ceb5396333386.jpg

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

EDIT:
I've noticed some slight "chugging" around mid-day in sunny and extra sunny weather. Not sure if it's an issue with 1.8
or with my PC. I'm running a PhenomII X4 960T, 8gb RAM, and a 1gb gtx460 with Nvidia's DSR enabled and set at
"2x native resolution". The native resolution is only 1280x1024 (hence the use of DSR), thanks to my crappy monitor.
I'm not convinced it's a fault of VisualIV, but I wanted to report it anyway, just in case.

And you can go ahead and make jokes about running an AMD processor with an Nvidia card, I know I'm weird. :p

Ok, I'll investigate this.

Don't worry. I've got Intel CPU and AMD GPU :)

@Remix1994PL

Nice screenshots! I can see some effects from ENB. I'm pleased to see that VisualIV works with ENB properly.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

Good to hear man. But like I said, I'm not sure it's a fault of 1.8. Although, I don't remember it happening when I was using another timecycle mod.
I was using DKT70's RealityIV v2.0 before I installed this. It was decent, but I still prefer VisualIV, and was thrilled 1.8 was finally coming.
Especially since I'll have to continue playing IV/EFLC because I won't be able to get V when it comes out.

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:27 PM Edited by Insincere, 26 March 2015 - 05:35 PM.

This is the very best timecycle I ever used in IV

Sunsets are great, overall game looks and perform much better (although I liked that grey and blurry vanilla IV)

So far I didn't noticed any glitches, just this:

Spoiler

not really a major thing, this has something to do with wound/blood texture and its reflection, it goes like this only for bullet proof west, balaclava and other special 'clothes' during sunny weathers and drizzle

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

I messed with my graphics settings and found that I had some stuff turned up much higher than I remember them being,
so I turned them down a bit. Shadows were on high, as were the night shadows. IDK how they got that way, but they were.
Also, I disabled DSR in the Nvida control panel. No more chugging.

The amount of bloom started getting to me, so I tried reducing the bloom in every weather by 2 with EditIV, which turned out
to be a bad idea, lol. It completely screwed the brightness in most weathers. I had to crank the ingame brightness and
contrast settings to compensate, which made the weathers that were ok insanely bright. So I put the original timecycle back.
I guess I should leave timecycle editing to the experts, lol.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hello everyone!

OpenIV will have an update in this week with editing RPF files, so finally we could start with project called VisualV. I hope it will be as successful as previous modifiation - VisualIV.
Stay tuned, because in next few days we'll release first version of mod.

• Gramps likes this

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:06 AM Edited by Marty McFly, 08 May 2015 - 08:08 AM.

What would be extremely helpful is a script to reload the timecyc files in game, just like this script for GTA IV 1.0.3.0.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

I don't know how OpenIV works with edited files because it seems to be more complicated than editing RPF. Anyway, it's unfair a bit when other people are already messing within game files when the other are waiting.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

I don't know how OpenIV works with edited files because it seems to be more complicated than editing RPF. Anyway, it's unfair a bit when other people are already messing within game files when the other are waiting.

My words. Although there seems to be a critical bug with current build so beta testing can be useful. I even have a modified timecycle here and waiting for OpenIV being updated.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

What does the 'Bloom' look like with ELS?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:42 PM Edited by _CP_, 17 May 2015 - 02:00 PM.

I'm thinking about releasing a mod as a DLC pack, I have to check that possibility. What do you think?
Nope, list of DLC packs is hardcoded in exe.

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own a**!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

@_CP_ I found about this just now when I saw you signature in the ScripthokVDotnet thread. Well this looks amazing. The main thing I disliked about GTA IV was that ugly overall appearance of what looks like a dirt layer on everything. From what I saw on the screenshots this could be history thanks to this mod. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users