• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Good mod happy.gif happy.gif it looks a lot better

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:34 PM Edited by robi29, 04 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

DOWNLOAD VisualIV 1.7.8b9

I only fixed weather Extra Sunny 2.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

@robi29: Nice work on Visual IV. It gets better and better every time.

But one thing I want to ask. In your next release you should put files that don't have to do with the graphics in a bonus folder. When I update I have to pick out those files. For example the plane fligts or the loading screen mod. Those should be bonuses. You can keep it the way you have it if you like, it is your mod, I'm just giving a recomendation.

However, I need your help with the shader's. I'm not 100% on this, but I want to find a fix for the z-fighting on far away objects. You can see it on shore lines and swimming pools when looking down at them from up high. Its not caused by your mod, everyone has it no matter what. So, because you seem to know how to edit shader files, I was wondering if you could try to find a fix for it. EFTW's map has it big time where the mountans begin to form. If you could please look into this, that would be great. Thanks. smile.gif

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

But one thing I want to ask. In your next release you should put files that don't have to do with the graphics in a bonus folder. When I update I have to pick out those files. For example the plane fligts or the loading screen mod. Those should be bonuses. You can keep it the way you have it if you like, it is your mod, I'm just giving a recomendation.

Good idea. I'll do it.

However, I need your help with the shader's. I'm not 100% on this, but I want to find a fix for the z-fighting on far away objects. You can see it on shore lines and swimming pools when looking down at them from up high. Its not caused by your mod, everyone has it no matter what. So, because you seem to know how to edit shader files, I was wondering if you could try to find a fix for it. EFTW's map has it big time where the mountans begin to form. If you could please look into this, that would be great. Thanks.

I know only rage_postfx.fxc and waterTex.fxc. I don't know other shaders, even for what they are responsible.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (robi29 @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 19:01)

Good idea. I'll do it.

However, I need your help with the shader's. I'm not 100% on this, but I want to find a fix for the z-fighting on far away objects. You can see it on shore lines and swimming pools when looking down at them from up high. Its not caused by your mod, everyone has it no matter what. So, because you seem to know how to edit shader files, I was wondering if you could try to find a fix for it. EFTW's map has it big time where the mountans begin to form. If you could please look into this, that would be great. Thanks.

I know only rage_postfx.fxc and waterTex.fxc. I don't know other shaders, even for what they are responsible.

Also use mediafire. I can't download the new version of the mod.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

I needed to create an account on this site to download. I aggree with nkjellman, use mediafire, it's better !

pok3r
  • pok3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

robi Why in the archive file commandline(polish).txt ?

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Does this work with EFLC?

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:10 PM Edited by robi29, 09 February 2012 - 06:23 PM.

robi Why in the archive file commandline(polish).txt ?

It's for polish players (translated from English). The same you find writing command /help in commandline.

Does this work with EFLC?

Yes.

VisualIV 1.7.8b9 - Mediafire.com

VisualIv 1.7.8b10 - Modbase.pl
VisualIV 1.7.8b10 - Mediafire.com

Fixed color of sky, added optional modifications and files for low-end PCs.

pok3r
  • pok3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Robbi is it possible to enable anti-aliasing in GTA 4 without enb ?

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yes.
CLICK!

Unfortunately for me it don't work. Maybe I have too weak computer.

pok3r
  • pok3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

robi =***

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (robi29 @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 21:38)
Yes.
CLICK!

Unfortunately for me it don't work. Maybe I have too weak computer.

This worked for me: http://www.forum-3dc...ad.php?t=510658
Using the beta10 version. Wonderful edge smoothener biggrin.gif

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

hey Robi you are still rockin this mod i see. Exellent work. I am surprised that you were not able to get the fxaa to work with your computer. but anyway there is an even better iteration of snap on anti aliasing and that is the SMAA version done by mr hanndi and it works the same way its just way cleaner and sharper and doesnt blur in game menus like the fxaa one by somedude. this is the link. http://mrhaandi.blog...injectsmaa.html have fun boys and girls.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:01 PM Edited by Teo265, 18 February 2012 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE (hexelbit @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 03:11)
hey Robi you are still rockin this mod i see.  Exellent work.    I am surprised that you were not able to get the fxaa to work with your computer.    but anyway there is an even better iteration of snap on anti aliasing and that is the SMAA version done by mr hanndi  and it works the same way its just way cleaner and sharper and doesnt blur in game menus like the fxaa one by somedude.  this is the link.    http://mrhaandi.blog...injectsmaa.html  have fun boys and girls.

Blurred menus? That's not true! I have used somedude's FXAA for months and I have never had blurred menus, but I'll try that other file and test if there really is a big difference.
But what Im interested in, is that is this SMAA version more effective? Does it smoothen more edges?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:40 PM Edited by nkjellman, 18 February 2012 - 05:52 PM.

I use FXAA. It works really nicely. I don't loose any FPS. I wan't to test SMAA now and see how it works.

Edit: FXAA seems to do a slightly better job. But one thing I wan't to try with out ENB series is a method of downsampling. Using the Commandline.txt I force the screen to render at a higher resolution. My guss is this will work simler to downsampling in ENB, but I know it will eat up more FPS.

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I like the new layout of the folders, Thanks for Everything robi29 wink.gif

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:35 PM Edited by Vintage88, 23 February 2012 - 07:52 PM.

I'll be uploading a video showcasing VisualIV1.7.7 with SMAA in a few hours. I'll post the link up in here too. I didn't notice a new version of this was out else I would have been using that instead, ugh. Ah well, next time.

edit: I'll probably throw up an FXAA comparison video in here too, although I gotta say I disagree with NJ on this one tounge.gif . I find FXAA blurs too much of the texture, despite doing a better job on the edges. Gives that sort of cartoony look typical of icehancer and many ENB builds. To each their own though

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

yes the smaa technology is ahead of the rest for, like i say snap on AA, which by seeing it on my Phenom II X4 960T and Geforce 250 GTS 512MB and with Robis latest stuff oh man does it be looking good. So depending on a few factors like resolution, texture size, other blurring or edge effects, as in post process, and general discern-ability, you will notice that the way in which the edges are anti'd that smaa does it in a totally different way. Its not simply stairs anymore. To get a better understanding of how this antialiasing method works you could read the extremely wordy and lengthy whitepapers on them but like he says "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it."

Btw there does seem to be a slight, lets say -3fps maybe less when using (the current 1.2 version of smaa: the only one that works with GTA4, previous version did not) when compared to the FXAA beta 10

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

btw thats the zosma core in that 960, muuhhahahaaaaaaaha! AHAHAHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAHHAAH

ahhh haaaaaaaa.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 AM Edited by Vintage88, 26 February 2012 - 08:09 PM.

VisualIV 1.7.7 with injectSMAA, RealizmIV and other texture replacements (listed in description)
Best viewed in 1080p.

1.7.8b vid soon =)

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:16 PM Edited by hexelbit, 05 March 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Just put in the first person mod, v1.22 by C06alt, had to modify it a little to get it to perfectionay. The mod even has cruise control, CRUISE CONTROL PEOPLE. here i am for last 4 years not having CC when I coulda had CC.

now thats outta the way. lets talk about the "best graphical mod for gta 4 ever" VISUALiV

why is this mod not getting more attention than it is? no one is playing gta 4 anymore, dont think so.

I see new people asking about mods and what patches to use
I see people that have been using mods like enb and suffering with truly massive frame drops on an already sluggish game.
I see people asking about forms of anti-aliasing that can be used for gta 4

the reason it seems to me is that fun can still be had from a game as long as some attention is paid to it, and by that i mean turning it into a sandbox game, because hay you beat the game right? right...? heh I know I didnt, saving that for when im really bored biggrin.gif

heres what you do to revitalize your gta 4 experience, and ill be posting this in a different place in this forum as well not just here.

What you will need

1. Its imperative to have the latest driver for your graphics card, thats just my personal belief.
2. latest version of directx link here http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109
3. Things to make gta more booful;

- VISUALiV 1.7.8b10 (latest)
- Ultimate texture pack v2 (its a large file(s) but its worth it, makes the roads so mush better.)
- TreesmodIV 1.1 by Eryk03 (this will help with fps and will also give the trees a more natural green look, but only if you have VisualiV and set the in game colour settings appropriately as given by Robi29.
- InjectSMAA or InjectFXAA either one will do fine, the fxaa seems to take less power so if fps is your game then get that one. but if you are really concerned about FPS then use Robi29's special fps files as they offer an improvement (included in the folder under bonuses).

Installation order...

1. gta4 duh.
2. 1.0.7.0 patch
3. Ultimate texture pack - if you want to kill two winged creatures via one compressed hunk of matter then you can copy the treesmod files right into the texture pack props section (vegetation) copy over those files so next time you can just copy over the whole texture pack and have the tree mod in there already.
3b. Put the injectsmaa or injectfxaa files into the main gta folder, its that easy.
3c. man i totally forgot this, im a little tired. Install the Visualiv files now too, simply copy and paste stuff. Instructions are included.
4. simple trainer v6.4 friggin greatest trainer for a game if there ever was one. this thing is like god cheating in a game. it has that much power and features. this is basically what will turn your game into a semi sandbox. you will need a special file called an asi loader, it is used to access and modify the games memory registers, i think. It is what will allow you to use the trainer. Yaasil is the one i use. 'Yet another asi loader'
5. now that you have those things installed, you need to reboot ( you can never reboot too many times) it will clear the memory and allow for.... well just do it okay.
6. If you have an Nvidia card i recommend going into the display controls accessed by right click on desktop and going to the manage 3d settings, then program settings, then find the gta launcher exe selection and set prefer maximum gpu performance as apposed to adaptive and also set threaded optimization to on. click apply, close that, and run the game. Remember also that you have to install gamesforwindowslive program, the older version is preferred, if you want to be able to save your game. Now for tweaking the settings.

This is what I call my 420 perf guide for GTA4, you will see why its a magic number soon enough

First make a txt file in the main gta folder called commandline.txt and enter in these two lines without the quotes
"-norestrictions" - if you want to be able to use the following settings without the game restricting them to the hardware in the computer or you want high textures
"-availablevidmem 1.3" - if you have 512 MB of video memory and dont want texture pop in, i know it's not the right numbers to correspond with 512 but trust me it works very well. Its 640MB, and by setting it to this, it only lets the textures spill into the system ram a little bit but really takes care of the pop in.
"-nomemrestrict" - if you have more than 1 GB of video memory and plenty of system ram

7. once in the game go to settings(options) and select graphics, if you have 512MB of video ram
textures - medium
reflection resolution - high
water quality - medium (robi has made the water like way better than it ever was on high at the medium setting, he did something with the shader files.)
shadow quality - high (once again robi has also improved the shadows by a great deal.)
night shadows - off (they are totally unnecessary and take a bunch of cpu cycles and dont work properly even half the time)
texture filter quality - 16x anisotropic filtering
view distance - 50
detail distance - 50
vehicle density - 20 (seems to give an ok balance, Robi29's bonus files have an option for more peds if you find that 20 isnt enough.
definition - on (what this really means is that there wont be a blurry post process that is a very lame attempt at anti aliasing)
vsync - on (it really does make the frames smoother and without the shearing effect from turning around, and therefore its more realistic.)

now if im right, because ive only tested these settings with a resolution of 1600x900, my native resolution, the used memory info at the bottom should read 420MB.

so thats basically it, i just want to make sure that everyone is getting the best experience they can with this and i believe these are the optimal settings for mid to high end pcs of yesteryear. if you have a computer better than mine then i would suggest starting with these settings and adding high textures and so on especially if you have a gfx card with 1.5GB or more of ram.

Cant wait for the next one Robi, im on it like white on rice. Ill be adding this guide to another section of this forum. rampage_ani.gif

here are my specs AMD Phenom II X4 960T @3.2 MSI 790GX-G65 v4.4 4GB DDR3 1333 320 GB WD Caviar Blue 16mb cache EVGA Geforce 250 GTS 512MB @ 750 1833 2250 windows 7 64bit ultimate sp1 latest windows updates aswell

Regor245
  • Regor245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:04 PM Edited by Regor245, 06 March 2012 - 07:10 PM.

latest VisualIV Rocks!

Thanks to the Bonus Pack "FPS Boost"

My Game runs faster than before (1.0.4.0)... currently running with patch 1.0.7.0... my game runs smoother and looks better even i'm running only at 640x480 resolution.

I've also installed TreesModIV v1.1 by eric..

thanks to: Robi (Visual IV), eric (Trees)... also thanks to hexelbit for your post. LoL biggrin.gif

i've also used Contig.exe to defrag GTA IV files.

Max FPS is 45 in Hove Beach
Average is 20-35
Lowest is 14 in Middle Park (lots of trees)

Weather with highest FPS is Cloudy

My PC: it's f*ckin' low end but soon i will upgrade my processor and get a GPU.

AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.9ghz
2GB DD2 800
GPU is onboard Nvidia 8200

My Commandling settings: simple......

-width 640
-height 480
-novblack
-refreshrate 60
-fullscreen

Game Settings:

Texture Quality: Low
Reflection: Low
Shadows: Off
Texture Filtering: Trilinear

View Distance: 15
Deatail Distance: 25
Vehicle density: 15
Shadow density: 0
Vsync: off

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:29 PM Edited by hexelbit, 09 March 2012 - 08:37 PM.

hey you will definitely want to put anisotropic 2x at least maybe 4x cause it really does look a lot better than trilinear filtering, and i say this as well because I think that the 8200 should be able to handle it without slowing your game down. and maybe even doing 800 x 600 for the res would be nicer too. Did you try that resolution?

And your right about the weather Cloudy being the fastest because of two factors, one because the actual view distance in terms of far off buildings, are not rendered and subsequently they are not textured. and the other reason being that there are less shadows and special effects like bloom is totally off in cloudy. so much more fps because of those things.

But if you want to know what is really the best combo for speed and beauty is extra sunny mode, because its got the view distance and almost no bloom or clouds in the sky so its so vibrant and IMO the most realistic of all weather types. and is faster than regular sunny mode because of the lack of bloom.

AND THEN I JUMP IN MY SABRE SUPER SPORT AND JUST BLAST OUTTA THAT PARKING SPOT, DOUBLE TAP THAT GAS ,HEAR THE TURBO WHINE AND LEAVE THE COMPETITION BEHIND!!!

Regor245
  • Regor245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:55 AM Edited by Regor245, 10 March 2012 - 07:50 AM.

QUOTE (hexelbit @ Friday, Mar 9 2012, 20:29)
hey you will definitely want to put anisotropic 2x at least maybe 4x cause it really does look a lot better than trilinear filtering, and i say this as well because I think that the 8200 should be able to handle it without slowing your game down. and maybe even doing 800 x 600 for the res would be nicer too.  Did you try that resolution?

And your right about the weather Cloudy being the fastest because of two factors, one because the actual view distance in terms of far off buildings, are not rendered and subsequently they are not textured. and the other reason being that there are less shadows and special effects like bloom is totally off in cloudy.  so much more fps because of those things. 

But if you want to know what is really the best combo for speed and beauty is extra sunny mode,  because its got the view distance and almost no bloom or clouds in the sky so its so vibrant and IMO the most realistic of all weather types.  and is faster than regular sunny mode because of the lack of bloom.

AND THEN I JUMP IN MY SABRE SUPER SPORT AND JUST BLAST OUTTA THAT PARKING SPOT, DOUBLE TAP THAT GAS ,HEAR THE TURBO WHINE AND LEAVE THE COMPETITION BEHIND!!!

I have downgraded back to 1.0.4.0, i got about 2-3 FPS Boost from 1.0.7.0 on Benchmark. I'm also thinking going back to 1.0.7.0 but FPS on 1.0.7.0 is about 1-3 FPs lower than my 1.0.4.0, 3 Fps boost Big Deal for my OnBoard Graphics, but with Discrete Graphics it's no big deal. I never saw 1.0.7.0 stutters or skipping FPS. it's running smoothly.

Another thing with 1.0.7.0, it uses less CPU Usage and less Memory, Video Memory aswell. I have 99% of CPU usage with 1.0.4.0, sometimes lower but with different settings.

I will return to 1.0.7.0 after i get my Graphics Card, i've already contacted my Auntie in Canada to buy me a Graphics card and my Grandma is coming home in about a week here in Philippines. well my point is My Grandma will come home with the Graphics Card.

AT 5670, 5570, 4670 or Nvidia GT240 or GT 430, i think they're enough for GTA IV with Medium Settings.

about the reolution:

800x600 seems to be blurry than 640x480 so i will stick to 640x480, i can go up to 1024x768 but my FPS is under 20 and go's under 10 fps in middle park... definitely not good for High Speed Driving, but it's good enough for walking around the street and fighting peds.

about the weather, i'm currently using Sunny, with Extra Sunny the Sky is just white, installing full VisualIV mod will fix that i guess.

EDIT:

Texture Filtering in 1.0.4.0 i think it's like this:

Low - Trilinear
Medium - AF 2x
High - AF 4x
Very High - AF 8x
Highest - AF 16x

I've tried "Highest" i lost only 1 FPS from "Low"

i.e Low has 30 FPS, but from medium to highest my FPS are just same. just a -1.

therefore, i'll stick with highest ^^ game looks better especially the roads, i will try to decrease View Distance to take "1" FPS back.

jippa_lippa
  • jippa_lippa

Vice City...first and only love <3

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Is it possible to changemanually the depth of field? I'd like to have the background a dit blurred like i used with a really older version of the mod.

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

VisualIV 1.7.8 - DOWNLOAD
Mirror 1

Changelog:
- added support motion blur for nVidia GeForce series 6 and 7
- added option to exclude motion blur
- added option to more depth of field

Is it possible to changemanually the depth of field? I'd like to have the background a dit blurred like i used with a really older version of the mod.

I added option to more depth of field.

lexo1000
  • lexo1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Hi ! Ive got problem with lamplights at night wich flickering.

Regor245
  • Regor245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 AM Edited by Regor245, 20 April 2012 - 05:00 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/W6ikG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wWlot.jpg

nothing.. smile.gif

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:31 AM Edited by kor0ro.k3yz, 18 April 2012 - 11:54 PM.

nvm smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users