Quantcast

» «
Photo

VisualIV

901 replies to this topic

Poll: How has this mod affected your game? (1275 member(s) have cast votes)

How has this mod affected your game?

1. Little performance (128 votes [26.61%])

Percentage of vote: 26.61%

2. Big performance (100 votes [20.79%])

Percentage of vote: 20.79%

3. No change (155 votes [32.22%])

Percentage of vote: 32.22%

4. Decrease performance (98 votes [20.37%])

Percentage of vote: 20.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote
lexo1000
  • lexo1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:04 AM Edited by lexo1000, 20 June 2011 - 04:58 PM.

Hi Robi29 !

I have a bug with your mod when it rain, I can see rain indoor ^^

Thanks if u can fix this smile.gif

Edit : It seem that the values rain.UseLitShader to 1 cause this...

BooMario
  • BooMario

Helo Mr. Snowman.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

i can use this in patch 1.0.7.0?
and i can play multiplayer wihout problems with this mod? thanks for help biggrin.gif

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (BooMario @ Monday, Jun 20 2011, 19:06)
i can use this in patch 1.0.7.0?
and i can play multiplayer wihout problems with this mod? thanks for help biggrin.gif

Yes it works with 1070 and yes it works correctly in multiplayer without any problems

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Visual has a birthday in 3 days, so we have prepared a new version.
DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
- better sky (less green at the horizon)
- no bugs of brightness at 20:00 is 100%, at 21:00 brightness 50%, but about 20:20 suddenly brighter than at 20:00
- end with yellow reflections of the sky at night
- new paths of aircraft
- more fire
- fixed Moon
- fixed light
- improved fog at night
- fixed reflection on the water in Rainy and Lighting
- weaker light of lightning
- improved light in some buildings (ex. The Triangle Club)
- fixed blood
- slightly bluish clouds Cloudy and Rainy
- fixed texture stipple
- fixed a black circle under the map at high altitudes (TBoGT) (Thanks, nkjellman!)
- now the fog doesn't disappear when you go over 150 meters above sea level
- added new screenshots of settings display
- fixed too large of coverage Molotov
- fixed indoor rain
- more bluish clouds in Cloudy
- added TLaD noise effect
- fixed texture of the blood on ped

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

So does the grain effect appear by default on TLAD, or can it be toggled on and off using the options?

EDIT: Awesome job with this by the way, anyone who doesn't want to use ENB should know this is the perfect solution, much better than RealityIV or anything like that tounge.gif

Antischism
  • Antischism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (robi29 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 13:04)
Visual has a birthday in 3 days, so we have prepared a new version.
DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
- better sky (less green at the horizon)
- no bugs of brightness at 20:00 is 100%, at 21:00 brightness 50%, but about 20:20 suddenly brighter than at 20:00
- end with yellow reflections of the sky at night
- new paths of aircraft
- more fire
- fixed Moon
- fixed light
- improved fog at night
- fixed reflection on the water in Rainy and Lighting
- weaker light of lightning
- improved light in some buildings (ex. The Triangle Club)
- fixed blood
- slightly bluish clouds Cloudy and Rainy
- fixed texture stipple
- fixed a black circle under the map at high altitudes (TBoGT) (Thanks, nkjellman!)
- now the fog doesn't disappear when you go over 150 meters above sea level
- added new screenshots of settings display
- fixed too large of coverage Molotov
- fixed indoor rain
- more bluish clouds in Cloudy
- added TLaD noise effect
- fixed texture of the blood on ped

Thanks for all of your continuing hard work. I know plenty of people appreciate it and support you in your efforts. :]

I have a question.

After having installed the beta version of 1.7.6, it solved the green artifacts (star-like blinking lights) I was getting when it rained, which was a blessing. However, after installing this new version, the lights have returned. This happens in both GTA IV and The Lost and the Damned. I'm on GTA IV patch 1.0.7.0

Is there a specific file that fixes this in the beta? Am I missing something? Is there any way to fix it in your new version? Thanks!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

Nice release, but the black circle at high altitudes is back in the new version, but its not as bad as before. Its there during drizel, rain, lightning, and foggy. For these weathers you should try to do like in the reguler timecycle. The veiw distance is hiigh enough where you dont see the circle, but the map is hazed.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:29 PM Edited by gtasadude, 23 June 2011 - 12:48 PM.

Hey guys, I decided to record a demonstration of the different weather patterns in the latest version of VisualIV 1.7.6. This was recorded with max graphics at 1920x1080. Keep in mind that I did remove a few files from the VisualIV, but I only removed the extra files nobody really wants (different paths, handling etc). I also replaced the water texture with one I like bettter. If you want to strip it down to the graphical mod alone like me then click this link to download the files I use. Feel free to use this video in the first post if you want smile.gif

Obervations

The clouds don't look very good, is there any way to make them look a bit more like ENB Series?
Sunny weather is almost exactly the same as extra sunny, it should have more variation.
Drizzle weather looks too blue/bright in the sky, it should look a little more grey like the rainy weather. You can also barely see the rain drops.
The night time in cloudy/raining/drizzle looks slightly too dark.
There doesn't seem to be enough fog in the foggy weather type, you can see too far into the distance.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

such fancy, very shaders, so enb, wow

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Thursday, Jun 23 2011, 12:29)
The clouds don't look very good, is there any way to make them look a bit more like ENB Series?
Sunny weather is almost exactly the same as extra sunny, it should have more variation.

for the clouds:

ask dpeasant3. a month ago he made nice enbseries screens with stock clouds which were only modified in timecyc. it looked better than the clouds of enbseries.

nearly all users who post in enbseries thread think that dpeasant3's enb config looks best. in his config extra sunny, sunny and sunny windy look nearly the same.

hope i could help you

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

Ive released my ENB settings for Visual IV here, along with some pics. Looks great on newist patches.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=480502

wezkker
  • wezkker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

known issues happened to me, the 1.7.1 and 1.7.5 version make the interior of maisonette 9 very glaring. i almost cant see a thing! anyone please fix this!

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

So does the grain effect appear by default on TLAD, or can it be toggled on and off using the options?

Yes, it can be toggled on and off using the options.

After having installed the beta version of 1.7.6, it solved the green artifacts (star-like blinking lights) I was getting when it rained, which was a blessing. However, after installing this new version, the lights have returned. This happens in both GTA IV and The Lost and the Damned. I'm on GTA IV patch 1.0.7.0

Is there a specific file that fixes this in the beta? Am I missing something? Is there any way to fix it in your new version? Thanks!

I don't understand. Can you do screens? This file is probably timecyc.

Nice release, but the black circle at high altitudes is back in the new version, but its not as bad as before. Its there during drizel, rain, lightning, and foggy. For these weathers you should try to do like in the reguler timecycle. The veiw distance is hiigh enough where you dont see the circle, but the map is hazed.

Ok, thanks!

Drizzle weather looks too blue/bright in the sky, it should look a little more grey like the rainy weather. You can also barely see the rain drops.
The night time in cloudy/raining/drizzle looks slightly too dark.
There doesn't seem to be enough fog in the foggy weather type, you can see too far into the distance.

No. confused.gif
Thanks for film.

known issues happened to me, the 1.7.1 and 1.7.5 version make the interior of maisonette 9 very glaring. i almost cant see a thing! anyone please fix this!

Please, you use 1.7.6, it fix this.

mrhoshos96
  • mrhoshos96

pc maniac!!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

I don't know if it's just me or not but, i think the older versions were a bit better looking ;P don't judge me i'm kind of blind, amazing mod nonetheless.

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

I liked the reflections in the older versions better, as well.

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Dear Robi29 and others. Your mod is the best ever. Would you please consider making two versions? One that is very beautiful (current one) tounge.gif and one that is very performance oriented. Now the current one already gives me smoother gfx over regular unmodded play, but perhaps just make a perf oriented Timecyc for the second version and no other changes, I would just like to see how much fps you can get out of the timecyc without really sacrificing the curry beauty of the mod. I ask this of you because myself and many others have systems that just barely make the grade in terms of required hardware and resulting fps.

My system is this: Athlon II x2 245 o/c to 3.6ghz 4GB DDR 3 at 1333 Evga Geforce GTS 250 @ 760 1833 2200 and caviar blue 320 gb 7200rpm 16mb cache Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 fully patched to the latest day Forceware 275.50 beta latest

Thanks if you can in advance and if you cant thanks anyway for a great mod.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

1.7.5 is awesome, works great on patch 7!

Only 1 problem though, with the simple native trainer when i choose the extra sunny 2 i can only see objects, cars and peds at a 100m radius, everything beyond that is just covered in some blue cloud thing.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 02:37)
1.7.5 is awesome, works great on patch 7!

Only 1 problem though, with the simple native trainer when i choose the extra sunny 2 i can only see objects, cars and peds at a 100m radius, everything beyond that is just covered in some blue cloud thing.

Extra Sunny 2 isn't used by game itself at all, it can only be achieved through trainers, so there are no support for it.

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

VisualIV 1.7.7b1:

- Fixed lighting now the less colorful
- Fixed color of the sky
- Fixed color of shadows now the less bluish
- Fixed color of fog now more orange at night
- Fixed color of clouds now more orange at night
- Brighter nights
- Brighter Rainy and Lighting
- Nights are more orange when there are clouds or fog
- Water is slightly green
- The fog is reduced almost to zero at high altitude (700m)
- Better shader of water
- Now weather Extra Sunny 2 reminds Extra Sunny

DOWNLOAD

No screenshots, because I have nice artifacts after five minutes of play. How can anyone do screenshots please? biggrin.gif

Dear Robi29 and others. Your mod is the best ever. Would you please consider making two versions? One that is very beautiful (current one) tounge.gif and one that is very performance oriented. Now the current one already gives me smoother gfx over regular unmodded play, but perhaps just make a perf oriented Timecyc for the second version and no other changes, I would just like to see how much fps you can get out of the timecyc without really sacrificing the curry beauty of the mod. I ask this of you because myself and many others have systems that just barely make the grade in terms of required hardware and resulting fps.

Maybe, I will do it.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Maybe I'll do another video for you sometime soon smile.gif

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Very nice Robi. Thanks for considering it. And thanks soo much for the update works nice! LLLLOOKS GOOD!

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

ps speedyshare is down i was told

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

Nice release. Ill have to try it out. But one question. Why do you have different recomended desplay settings for GTA IV, TLAD, and TBOGT? Are the timecyc.dat files different or is it to set a mood?

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yes, mood. GTA IV is normal, TBoGT is colorful, TLaD is gloomy. smile.gif

I won't make separate timecycs because it's time consuming.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

So the most realistic is GTA IV's setting?

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Yes.

Today beta 2! smile.gif

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:19 PM Edited by hexelbit, 20 August 2011 - 04:30 PM.

YES You are the man. THE MAN!
and might I add that this mod in conjunction with FXAA injectbysomedude thing is totally awesome. finally anti aliasing and what do you know, none of his would be possible without people like this that make these mods. The big companies dont give a hoot bout non of their customers.

im using patch 1.0.7.0 with 1.7.7b1 visualiv injectfxaa version beta 10 (just released couple days ago) windows 7 64 ultimate sp1 and all other updates nvidia geforce gts 250 512MB, forceware 280.26 WHQL AMD Athlon II X2 245 o/c to 3.64 GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM MSI 790GX-G65 v4.4

Everything is working great and if you want my opinion these are the best ingame settings to use for optimal gameplay on a puter like mine.

Textures: Med
Shadows: High
Reflections: High
Water: Med
Night shadows: off

View Distance: 50
Detail DIstance : 50
traffic: 15

Also dont use any command line options, if found that not messing with them allows the game to run "better" And you know whats funny, with these setting I get a vid memory usage amount of 420 my lucky number cookie.gif notify.gif

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

And btw can the coming beta 2 simply be copied over beta 1? or am i gonna have to reinstall the game?

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Simply be copied over beta 1. biggrin.gif

hexelbit
  • hexelbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

thank you... we are standing by.

robi29
  • robi29

VisualIV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

VisualIV 1.7.7b2:

- Fixed a color of sky, more gray (not colorful)
- Fixed color blue shadows on less at 6 and 20 hour
- Fixed the Sun at 4-5 and 21-22 hour in Rainy, Drizzle, Foggy and Lighting
- Fixed a brightness of sky in reflections in Foggy
- Fixed timecyc for IV: SA
- More green or brown water, depending on weather and time
- Better water shader ( 1.7.6 - 55 , 1.7.7b1 - 63 , 1.7.7b2 - 100 factor of refractions)
- Now Extra Sunny 2 reminds Extra Sunny, but has less draw distance

DOWNLOAD

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users