Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA: Italy

46 replies to this topic
General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:11 PM Edited by General Goose, 28 June 2009 - 04:15 PM.

Howdy, I'm General Goose. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any feedback and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is an idea I had for a GTA game set in Italy, and while I understand the problems and it isn't my favourite candidate for a new location, I still think it's a unique, interesting place.

user posted image
(Logo courtesy of Jacky Fiend.)

Characters
Gyórgy Holdosi
A Romani Gypsy, he recently illegally migrated to Italy with the assistance of the Russian Mafia. Witty, sarcastic and one to bear a grudge, this guy is the protagonist.
Andrzej Holdosi
A Romani living on the outskirts of Puntura in a slum, he is involved in street gang crime but has a heart of gold.
Nicu Holdosi
Unlike his sons, Nicu is making an honest living, running a delivery company. Meek, friendly and mild, Nicu is a gentle old man who loves his family deeply.
Donka Holdosi
Nicu’s sister and the boys’ aunt, a caring, senile woman.
Miarka Bregovic
A fellow resident of the slum, Andrzej’s girlfriend.
Yanko Dinicu
Andrzej’s best friend, a ruthless but clever gangster.
Tamas Merejan
The leader of the Romani street gang, a well-connected but bigheaded and drug addled person.
Andrea de Patriono
An Italian police officer, corrupt and ruthless, he will do anything, from bribery to murder to kidnapping, to achieve his ends.
Vittore Calterone
The passionate, but merciless and work-obsessed, Don of the Calterone Family.
Francesco Bennesutto
An important politician and media tycoon, corrupt, perverted and gaffe-prone. GTA's version of Silvio Berlusconi.
Getoar Lajqi
The deputy of the Albanian gang, cunning, ruthless and distrustful, Getoar has high ambitions for himself.

Storyline:
Gyórgy Holdosi arrives in Italy (having been smuggled into the Puntura Airport in a cargo plane by the Albanian Mafia), and moves into a slum on the outskirts of Puntura. He first gets a job as a worker in his father’s delivery company, but after a gang of racist neo-Fascists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_National_Republican_Guard) vandalise the slum, Gyorgy joins the gypsy street gang his brother is a member of.
Eventually, the Albanian Mafia of Puntura catch up to Gyorgy, who has not paid them back for their “service”, but they agree to let him go if Gyorgy and his gang do work for the Albanians. Gyorgy makes three enemies: a racist, corrupt police officer called Andrea de Patriono (originally on the Albanian payroll, he turns on the gang and begins working with the Triads and sets his sights on Gyorgy), Getoar Lajqi (an Albanian Mafia member who often crosses horns with Gyorgy) and Ming Yeung, the leader of the small Triad gang in Puntura.
The boss of the Albanian Mafia sends Gyorgy down to Nuoveinizio to help secure a deal with the Camorra, and while Getoar tries sabotaging it and Andrea tries disrupting it, Gyorgy does well and starts doing jobs for one of the city Camorra factions. After several missions, Gyorgy gets introduced to the local Nigerian gang (though they are a bigger presence in Puntura), and he begins doing jobs for them. Eventually, the Camorra sends Gyorgy down south to Colonna to help establish a pact with the Calterone Family.
After helping the Family, including assisting in a mob war, the Calterone Family have done a deal with the Triads and the Nigerian gang, and Bulgarin will be organising a mass smuggling ring. Gyorgar meets an attractive recently smuggled in prostitute, Anita Dragovic, and begins having a relationship. Eventually, he releases her from her predicament, greatly pissing off the Calterone Don. Getoar Lajqi, annoyed that the Albanians were excluded from the deal, anonymously hires Gyorgy to sink the boat. The Triads reveal the damage Gyorgy has done, and most of them decide to wage war on the poor guy. Gyorgy plans to return to Puntura, but the neighbourhood has been wrecked and his father killed.
Edits and additions coming soon...

Cities
Puntura (Milan, Florence)
Home to cultural sights, museums and offices and shopping districts, Puntura is one of the more affluent cities in the region. But don’t be fooled, behind the cosmopolitan, clean skyline and the tourist-orientated locales, lies a dark, gritty crime scene just as diverse as the city over it. Nigerian gangs, Triads, Russians, Albanians and others flock here, not willing to mess with the south, firmly under Italian control.
Nuoveinizio (Naples, Bari, east coast)
A port city home to some lovely historical buildings and some beautiful apartment complexes, if you venture outside the designated tourist areas, you’ll find the local Camorra turfs, the city slums, a major smuggling scene and the industrial hellholes.
Remutino (Rome)
The capital, an age-old city with more classical architecture then you can shake a camera at. Inside you can find the Papal City, the government headquarters and a lovely mixture of quaint small businesses and tacky chain stores, to cater for any ignorant American tourist. The inhabitants of this great city helped bring “civilisation” to the western world, threw thousands into a death trap for juvenile entertainment and perfected the art of political corruption.
Colonna (Palermo)
No matter what the history books tell you, Colonna’s biggest contribution to modern history is one of stereotypes, TV shows and extortion, Colonna is the home of the Mafia. It and the surrounding area is home to several Mafia families, the big one being the Calterone Family. To the north, the rural villages are run by the Ndrangheta factions. Despite the crime problem, Colonna is a beautiful, varied city, as long as you don’t piss off any of the local families, in which case the rest of your time in Colonna will be short, painful and rather bleak.
Lepontii (Venice)
The smallest city, built on several islands off the coast of Nueveinizio. Aside from some nice architecture, this city's defining nature is the fact that it has canals instead of roads. Welcome to Grand Theft Boat.
There are also a couple of alpine towns just to the north of Puntura, loads of rural towns scattered everywhere and a couple of holiday resorts.

Radio stations
Italian jazz

Italian hip hop and rap
Articolo 31-Tranqi Funky
99 Posse-Stop that train
Caparezza-Vieni a ballare in Puglia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVaHCCxHMw
Sa Razza-Grandu Festa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTmh4B-Bg-c&feature=related
La Fossa-Cani da Presa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI3cd7MPbXY
Club Dogo-Incubo Italiano http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRWOFTPPq08
Gemelli Diversi-Un Attimo Ancora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkmFc6C8nkA
Sangue Misto-Cani Sciolti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ShaveYUFE

Italian rock

Italian hardcore rock

Classical music

Opera music

Italian folk music

Romani music

World music

English rock

English hip hop/R&B/rap

Talk radio

GAMEPLAY

Later on in the game, you get to build a criminal empire. You do this by collecting three "assets": turf, members and businesses.

Turf is gained via gang wars. You can initiate gang wars in two ways; contacting the local gang or your own gang and declaring war, or beginning to massacre members (and only members) and then accepting an "invite." After gaining turf, it is much easier and profitable to use and gain assets and businesses and resources and such, the local populace respect you and your own gang supports you. Gang wars themselves vary from assassination to wave survival to vehicle destruction.

Members are gained by recruitment challenges. With this, your gang is bigger and offers more support and can even do errands.

Assets can be brought out, or forcefully taken over, depending on the asset. When forcefully taking them over, you must either scare or kill the owner or destroy a gang already claiming protection. When claimed, assets give you cheaper, better service, a mission chain and money, and sometimes over rewards. In some cases, you can choose to put a front in an asset, like drug dealing, prostitution or murder contracting.

You can also trade in illicit goods, such as drugs, guns, and even counterfeit mundane items like alcohol, furniture and clothing. Aside from being profitable and challenging, you can use some of the items (like guns, furniture and clothing) for yourself, and when strong enough, you can get gang members to do it for you.

SIDE MISSIONS

Taxi: Similar to earlier games, you pull up next to acustomer, then you have a short time before they jump out.
Rewards:
Better, faster, stronger taxis (50 fares)
Free taxi rides (100 fares)

Ambulance: If you turn the Ambulance Radio on, you will frequently receive calls from people who need to be picked up.
Rewards:
Ambulance health boost works for free (25 patients)
Health recovery (50 patients)

Vigilante: Similar to the IV and CTW incarnation.
Rewards:
Increased body armour (50 "busts")

Firefighter: You must either put out fires on vehicles or buildings, and sometimes you may have to go inside and rescue others.
Rewards:
Resistance to fire (50 fires put out)

Vehicle towing: Bring a vehicle to a designated point.
Reward:
Vehicles available at start point (every 10 recoveries)
Ability to recover recently lost vehicles (100 recoveries)

Other missions:
Delivery
Tour guide
Air rescue
Checkpoint races started by entering a specific vehicle (as seen in the III era and CTW)
Helping on farms
Random characters

Assassination: Requiring stealth, skill and speed, you must take out a target or targets in this high paying job.
Rewards:
Better gun skill
More gun accessories
Stealth kills

Minigames:
Bowling
Snooker
Darts
Football
Various arcade and video game parodies

Vehicles

Ginzo (Fiat 500) http://upload.wikime...italia_2006.jpg

Dago (Fiat Panda) http://upload.wikime...005_vl_blue.jpg

Fottere (Fiat Coupe) http://upload.wikime...upe_vl_blue.jpg

Fanfani (Fiat Barchetta) http://upload.wikime...m...(bearb).jpg

Bruni (Fiat Albea) http://upload.wikime.../Fiat_Albea.jpg

Leone (Fiat Strada) http://upload.wikime...Strada_2007.jpg

Linguini (Fiat Marea) http://upload.wikime...nt_20080226.jpg

Abruzzo (Fiat Punto) http://upload.wikime...Punto_front.jpg

Biennale (Fiat Brava) http://upload.wikime...nt_20080318.jpg

More coming soon...

Yeah, this is still a WiP. More radio, vehicles, weapons, gameplay, storyline and such coming soon. If you've got an idea, I'd like to hear it.

bigmike72
  • bigmike72

your mom was awesome

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

nice very original

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Very oiginal. Also looks interesting.

mr.devil_demon_666
  • mr.devil_demon_666

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

looks good though.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Updated with a few gameplay ideas.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

brill ideas and i love the mafia theme going on here biggrin.gif. a true gta experiance and its uniqe and has alot of potential.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

A small update: added a city and a character.

Can somebody help me come up with vehicles and music?

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

Lookin good Goose!

My only question is... after going to a local eatery do we pass 6 hours in game from having to take a nap after all that awesome food? ahhaa!

I will be browsing your music links in a while to see what you got. The only Italian artist(s) i can think of is D'arcangelo.

At first i was sceptical but then i thought about how beautiful it could really look with todays graphics. Maybe we should/can do some picture hunting to give people a better visual.

I like what you have so far!

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Thanks.

Yeah, Italy would be my first choice for a non-English speaking country. Just imagine being in a gondola as you sail through the "streets" of Venice, or going on a high speed chase through the rocky terrain of Southern Italy.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Thanks to Jacky Fiend, there's a logo.

Its awesome. That is all.

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

Nice. Getting involved with the Italian mafia would be cool...

darius940304
  • darius940304

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

Those names are kind of Hungarian not Romanian,Nicu is a Romanian name,but Holdosi is kind of hungarioan,anyway good deea icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (darius940304 @ Jun 28 2009, 14:01)
Those names are kind of Hungarian not Romanian,Nicu is a Romanian name,but Holdosi is kind of hungarioan,anyway good deea icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

He means Roma, as in Romani, not Romanian. I think he's getting a little confused. Either way they're still Gypsy sounding names; I think that's all that matters. smile.gif

Great topic Goose, as I've said before, I cannot wait to read more. icon14.gif

tricore5
  • tricore5

The Russian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

i can help with map (although it may take long), weapons, more vehicles, and some small things.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thanks, that will really help.

NawlinsIrish
  • NawlinsIrish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

I absolutely love this idea. For inspiration I would definitely read Mario Puzo's The Sicilian.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:43 PM Edited by Sanjeem, 19 July 2009 - 08:46 PM.

QUOTE (General Goose @ Jun 26 2009, 17:05)
Thanks.

Yeah, Italy would be my first choice for a non-English speaking country. Just imagine being in a gondola as you sail through the "streets" of Venice, or going on a high speed chase through the rocky terrain of Southern Italy.

Even better, Imagine cruising in agondola in venice, saling through it calmly with a VIP character (Mafia Boss..e.t.c) and then suddenly two speed boats come out of nowhere chasing you down the canal. You can't go fast in a gondola so you hijack a random boat, whilst the other two boats start chasing you and a violent shootout and driv-by's begin in the streets of venice, just on boat...

I also love in the story how their is a racist Italian Cop, and is racist against Albanians. Thats just like real-present day italians, always blaming the albanians from robbing and killings, It reminds me of my town Lugangano (pronounced Luganyano) where albanians are just mocked....

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Sanjeem. As you all know, I've reached a roadblock with ideas and story ideas. Any help? tounge.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

What about the racist milita? The black coats?

NawlinsIrish
  • NawlinsIrish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

Also watch the movie Gomorra. It offers an amazing view of the modern Camorra and it's effect on Italy.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:41 AM

That's one cool logo. Seems to totally fit! Any ideas I'll get, I'll tell you. Good luck with this, it's looking pretty good so far!

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

Oh one Idea for you, This isn't really an Idea actually but it's a major part of the Police Italy. Their called the Carabinieri, which are not the major police i think. But they lurk everywhere in Italy and you can't go into a small town without seeing one.

user posted image

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, I was thinking of how to do the wanted levels.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

I was playing GTA IV when the advert for "I'm Rich!" came on the radio. One of the people mentioned on there (who's name I didn't catch) apparently "bought Italy" (because he liked pizza). I think he may be an interesting character to introduce in your game. Even if he hasn't bought Italy yet. tounge.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, I heard that invite, but I don't remember the name. Will keep an eye out for it.

Can anyone help with the wanted level system? Like, how to do the Carabinieri.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

So you have give up. Why? its a good topic

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

Fear! Fear the resurrection!!! devil.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:40 PM

I ran dry of ideas.

If anyone wishes to contribute, that would be helpful.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:36 PM Edited by AnthMUFC-Champs, 09 August 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Goose this is a good topic, just have a look at other threads because i am going through a update in my SanJuraz topic and other threads help you.

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

Yeah it's a great idea. I have thought about Italy too, but I was thinking more of sicily only. Maybe this could work though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users