» «
Photo

Bulletproof Comet and Minigun with Infinite Ammo

17 replies to this topic
GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:56 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 23 June 2009 - 11:59 AM.

I'm placing spoiler tags on most of the texts just to make sure no unwanted information would be a giveaway for those who haven't played this part in the game.

In the mission "Salt in the Wound" you can obtain both a bulletproof Comet and and a minigun with infinite ammo. The only catch here is you have to fail the mission.

There are two factors that would prevent you from obtaining both of the abovementioned items if you go through the normal course of action: 1) Kenny would always beat you to the car and 2) The minigun infinite ammo is only as good as when you're on the shooting part with the weapon itself being removed from your arsenal after that .

There's also no way you can catch up with Kenny under normal circumstances, and once he parked at Hsin's place, the car won't be bulletproof anymore.

Now by sort of screwing your gameplay, if you DRIVE into the yellow marker instead of STEPPING into it to trigger the boat chase, for some reasons you'd be able to delay Kenny from moving towards the car and the minigun with infinite ammo can be kept . By driving I meant using a vehicle like a wet ski, dinghy or any small enough car that would fit in the wooden ramp.

The boat chase part would proceed as scripted with Heston alone driving the boat. You'd also see Huang being left behind aboard the vehicle that was used to drive into the marker (although when you press X during the chase part Huang would get off the boat from out of nowhere). However, the whole scenario can't be controlled as if you're just watching a long cut scene.

As the boat reaches the destination, the cut scene would play showing Heston and Huang climbing ahead of Kenny towards the parking lot. At this point, make a mad rush towards the Comet,(Kenny's getaway car not the other one that would sometimes spawn) get in it as quickly as you can before Kenny can yank you out and leave Heston behind to fail the mission. Just clear your wanted level and save the car in the garage and your game, the Comet would remain permanently bulletproof.
This is the only armor you can keep, even though the car is actually DP/BP/EP/FP before saving it in the garage.

As for the minigun with infinite ammo, it will only be useable after you RELOAD your game. If you haven't done that yet, your weapons selection will remain disabled due to the screw up you applied.

Have fun smile.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:20 PM Edited by Reconite, 23 June 2009 - 12:41 PM.

This either belongs in the Glitch topic, or the Special vehicles topic.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=403596 - Glitch topic

http://www.gtaforums...pecial vehicles - Special Vehicles topic [WARNING] Massive Spoilers Inside [WARNING]

Very good job on finding that though! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I added it to 'Special Vehicles', thanks!

angadmishr
  • angadmishr

OG Don'tEvaMessWithMe

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

an infinite ammo minigun? freaken amazing!
hay , arent you the guy who helped me obtain the comprehinsiveproof forelli ecxess and bulletproof stinger for my gta lcs with the gamespot FAQs?

angadmishr
  • angadmishr

OG Don'tEvaMessWithMe

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

can you keep this minigun after dying?

Amzaing work man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! inlove.gif inlove.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

toni cinpriani
  • toni cinpriani

king of the road! Also a great hitman.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

you should not double post.
on-topic:ehh... i don't think so

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (angadmishr @ Dec 22 2009, 12:02)
can you keep this minigun after dying?

Amzaing work man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

Thanks smile.gif

DS, yes you can keep the infinite ammo minigun even when you get wasted.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Wow, amazing! Never thought something like this would be possible w/o cheats!

angadmishr
  • angadmishr

OG Don'tEvaMessWithMe

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

This is the best trick ive seen with any gta game (trust me , i have 3 vc sa lcs vcs ctw)

you have such an amazing sixth sense for these kind of stuff!

The minigun is the best weapon ever

BTW . this trick works for the psp and ds AAAAANNND if anyone is too lazy to do this for the psp , i can lend u my save file. smile.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

Oh dang, forgot to post here. Yeah it's pretty sick, bro! I did this on my PSP version. I wish all the garages would allow all BP vehicles to be DP/FP/BP/EP. At least I can get that DP/FP/BP/EP Burrito anytime though.

angadmishr
  • angadmishr

OG Don'tEvaMessWithMe

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Dec 30 2009, 02:20)
At least I can get that DP/FP/BP/EP Burrito anytime though.

which burrito?

BTW.{To GTA_Loco}Did you find any way you can keep the other Armourings? confused.gif rolleyes.gif

Rigo14
  • Rigo14

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

hey man, i like your style. is it too much to ask for someonet make somesort of vid showing this?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

which burrito?
Did you find any way you can keep the other Armourings?

Unfortunately no. Seems like it's meant to be that way, unless they did some mods on the PSP. Haven't played that version yet.

Is it too much to ask for someonet make somesort of vid showing this?

I have limited logistics at this time, but I can do it with a camera phone. I'll post it here.

Zedo Mann
  • Zedo Mann

Everyday I'm hustlin'!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

Aww man, I almost want to go back and redo the story to get this, but then I would have to regain my achievements (Flame Retard, Marathon, Bulletproof Taxis, Bigger Bag, Xin Missions, Scores)...
Is it worth it?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Zedo Mann @ Jan 10 2010, 02:05)
Aww man, I almost want to go back and redo the story to get this, but then I would have to regain my achievements (Flame Retard, Marathon, Bulletproof Taxis, Bigger Bag, Xin Missions, Scores)...
Is it worth it?

Well it's up to you really. If you want practically all the BP cars in the game then maybe you must.

That's why it's best to always establish your desired achievements before you go further into the game.

@angadmishr: Sorry I forgot to answer your other question. In case you haven't found it yet, it's the Spanish Lords Burrito inside the warehouse. The one you're supposed to steal for drugs in the Warehouse Raid side mission. Don't start the mission. Just jump into the the compound and drive the van to your garage.

Zedo Mann
  • Zedo Mann

Everyday I'm hustlin'!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jan 10 2010, 03:04)
That's why it's best to always establish your desired achievements before you go further into the game.

I really didn't know about this stuff when I played through the story though.

nixiang915
  • nixiang915

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:06 AM Edited by nixiang915, 22 January 2010 - 11:52 PM.

Didn't work on the iPhone version, the long boat scene is there, but after that, I still can't beat Kenny to the comet. More importantly, I didn't get the minigun!!! Did anyone else try this one the iPhone?

UPDATE: I tried it again, and it totally works. however, one thing you should mention is that you should switch weapon after ending the boat cut scene, because if you don't, you totally get pulled out by kenny... but at least i got the minigun, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

KillerX3189
  • KillerX3189

KillerX3189

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

I think this is fixed because when I see the tip of the boat with my camera, and move closer, it disappears. and when I go on to land, it's nearly deserted except for the 3star cops and a very limited pedestrians.
PS- I'm on the iPod Touch version.

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (angadmishr @ Dec 29 2009, 12:50)
This is the best trick ive seen with any gta game (trust me , i have 3 vc sa lcs vcs ctw)

you have such an amazing sixth sense for these kind of stuff!

The minigun is the best weapon ever

BTW . this trick works for the psp and ds AAAAANNND if anyone is too lazy to do this for the psp , i can lend u my save file. smile.gif

where is your save file. can you you post it here if you can

btw:gtaloco, if you do a weapon cheat, will the minigun then be gone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users