Logo by me
As Batuhan got banned, and as Kohaaw didn't make another topic for the mod yet, I decided to make a mssion development topic to keep y'all updated on mission making.
I'm the only scripter in the team, so don't expect ultra-fast updates.
What has been done so far
- First 5 missions
- In the first part, there's no bus - it had some bugs
- The only animation which I could get was the chat one, so no hugs or anything else...
- Home Sweet Home
- No clothes change, as safehouse is buggy.
- In rest, almost everything is just like in LCS
- Updated, there's a dialogue when you meet the dealer, and there's a dialogue on the way to Vincenzo between Toni and the dealer
- Dealing Revenge
- Besides no words from Toni after kicking a dealer, and besides the mission's harder with 5 instead of 3 dealers, everything's like in LCS
- (WIP)Car Salesman
- Acces to other islands blocked
- Callahan Bridge Under Construction
- Subway closed
- Porter Tunnel closed
- Chinatown is now owned both by Mafia and Triads
- Red Light District is now owned by Diablos
- No more limos/blistas/ranchers in Portland
- Fewer cops
- In-game progress
- How many missions passed from total mission now show up in the 'Stats'
- Percent of game completition now shows up in the stats
- Mission Passed! now shows up as yellow
- Mission Failed! now shows up as red
- Most text was copied from the GXT Strings coming with Sanny Builder or the LCS original english.gxt [PSP]; this way it's as close as possible towards the original
- Radar Markers
- Portland Pay'N'Spray marker shows up while in Red Light District
- V marker at Vincenzo's
- CD marker at safehouse
- Checkpoints are now yellow
- Enemys' markers are now red
- Car markers are now blue
- How was it done?
- All of this was done by me, only by mission scripting in main.scm [starting from scratch with a stripped one, only copying common stuff in LCS and 3 from GTA3's main.scm, such as garages, car crushers, pay'n'sprays...] and by editing the american.gxt
- Source code has 2728 lines
- Decompiled code has 3336 lines
Mission #2-3 "Slacker" and "Dealing Revenge"
Mission #4 - "Snuff"
Copyright The Stories Team 2009, thanks to |Dageron| for his map from his LCS PC edition mod www.lcsteam.net