Photo

When does Shoreside Vale open?

7 replies to this topic
Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

I'm sure that when I played before, I got to Staunton Island early by jumping across the gap on the bridge and then I could go through the subway and get to Shoreside Vale early as well.

This time through the game I did all the missions so that the bridge between Portland & Staunton Island opened and I got to Staunton Island at the normal time. But now, when I go through the subway to Shoreside Vale, the gates are locked and I can't get out notify.gif

Is it only if you get to Staunton Island early that you can also get to Shoreside Vale early?

Getting to the islands as early as possible is useful because then you can collect all the hidden packages and so have all the weapons available a lot earlier than you are expected to have them

Steve

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:44 AM Edited by radioman, 22 June 2009 - 02:49 AM.

Shoreside Vale opens legitimently after "A Drop In the Ocean" for Donald Love If memory serves me right.

Yes, it is normal that the Porter tunnel is only open between Stauntan and Shoreside early before Stauntan is open legit. But once Stauntan Island is open, the Porter Tunnel will close until Shoreside is open legitimently.

However, what's odd though is how in LCS, the Shoreside lift bridge does not officially close until Stauntan is open legitimently. You can use the shoreside vale bridge to get to Shoreside early once you get to Stauntan early. I have used the Taxi trip skip glitch in LCS to get to Stauntan early, that's how I know. If you don't know about the Taxi trip skip, it's where you load a game from the normally locked island-in this case Stauntan-and start a mission, then when the game returns to you, pause and start a new game/load a save with only the first island open, and then immediately get Busted/wasted(your choice), when you re-spawn at the hospital/police station-depending on the method you chose, there will be a "trip skip" taxi there, get in, and it will take you back to the last mission start point.-in that case on stauntan. This works for VC, LCS, and VCS. I have confirmed on the PS2 version of LCS/VCS, but not the PSP version. Hope this helps.

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

during grand theft aero*

TheChoosen1
  • TheChoosen1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

I think it was after the mission "A Drop In The Occean"from Donald Love,but I don't remember very well. notify.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (rebel_36 @ Jun 23 2009, 07:31)
during grand theft aero*

Actually, "A Drop in the Ocean" mission is correct, as right after I did that mission the other day, I got the news over the radio that the Shoreside lift bridge is now functional once again. Just a heads up.

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

weird, on my gta3 pc 1.1 i get the message after starting grand theft aero

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

That's because you started Grand Theft Aero before actually crossing to Shoreside. Shoreside opens after A Drop In The Ocean.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

A Drop in the Ocean. I always complete all of D-Ice's missions before doing more of Love's missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users