Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

user posted image

This topic is for questions, additions, etcetera, about the GTA VC Photo Contest. This topic will also be used for the fourth and final voting round. Please don't reply at the other topic.

You can see the photo's in the announcement topic . Only votes with the following list will be counted:

CODE
[b]1:[/b]
[b]2:[/b]
[b]3:[/b]
[b]Motivation[/b]

The theme of the final round is:

Free for all!

Take this in consideration when you want to vote!

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

1:Blood trails
2:Late afternoon in Paradise
3:Evening Stroll

Motivation Blood Trails is a well taken shot and looks eery. I like the fact there is someone walking across the bridge in this shot it gives it some character. Finally I chose evening stroll Because it is a nice looking picture.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

How close is it at the top!? This is definitely exciting, I wonder whose going to come out the victor? Good luck to both PatrickW & AndySerb in this one (The battle for third place is pretty close as well!). icon14.gif

Anyway, here's my votes -

1: This Sir Is Now Mine
2: Late afternoon in paradise
3: The Route Less Taken
Motivation I just had to give my three points to 'This Sir Is Now Mine'! After trawling through each shot, I let out an immediate 'lol' upon viewing the picture. It's well-taken at the perfect moment, and makes me laugh every time I view it. This is what Tommy is all about - being a corrupt, care-free psychopath. Let him live long & prosper!

'Late Afternoon in paradise' is visually stunning, what with the illustrious palm trees, sunshine poking through the gapes and beautiful structures. It was a tough decision between this and my eventual three-pointer, and I wouldn't be surprised if this came out on top.

'The Route Less Taken' also gave me a bit of a chuckle. I'm a sucker for mid-air stunting shots, even more-so when the stunt goes wrong! tounge2.gif

Great shots again folks! icon14.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

1. blood trails
2. whacking away
3. the sir is now mine

First one is creepy and good, second one is a bit funny with the caption and the angle, third one also shows one of the ways to steal bikes by kung-fuing.

All in all great shots everyone, looking forward to a SA Contest maybe, or maybe some Video Contests in future. biggrin.gif

OabAli
  • OabAli

Apesh*t

• Members

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

1: This Sir is Now Mine
2: Evening Stroll
3: The Whole Bunch
Motivation
1. This one is just taken at the perfect time; very amusing too.
2.A great landscape photo that shows another side/personality to Vice City. Love the peaceful vibe from it.
3. I admire this photo for its creativity (based on the creator's intentions) - good way to end the competition.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Jun 21 2009, 14:18)
All in all great shots everyone, looking forward to a SA Contest maybe, or maybe some Video Contests in future. biggrin.gif

Now there's a thought. You might have given me an idea for a future contest. Keep your eyes peeled for something come the end of this competition. smile.gif

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Jun 22 2009, 13:20)
QUOTE (AndySerb @ Jun 21 2009, 14:18)

Now there's a thought. You might have given me an idea for a future contest. Keep your eyes peeled for something come the end of this competition. smile.gif

Hmm... I will do flicko. Oh and everyone make this voting round brilliant as it is the final one.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Damn, I missed last weeks, I completely forgot. Did I lose points? Im sure I had more than that previously.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Jun 22 2009, 18:42)
Damn, I missed last weeks, I completely forgot.  Did I lose points? Im sure I had more than that previously.

As far as I'm aware, you do not lose points for missing a round. You got seven points from Round three, which took your overall tally from trhirty to thirty-seven. Nothing out of place there?

sellafield
  • sellafield

Tschernobyl, Harrisburg, Sellafield, Hiroshima.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

1.This Sir Is Now Mine
Well captured.Nice kung foo move! lol.gif
2.The Whole bunch
Bad quality but good\atmospheric pic.You were inspired by a pic in the 2nd roud right?
3.Evening Stroll
Nice.Good view.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

1: This Sir Is Now Mine
2: Whacking Away
3: Late afternoon in Paradise
Motivation
The first one is just timed so well, and one of the coolest animations in VC. Everything that puts a smile on your face deserves points, so a number 2 position for this one.. The third place was difficult, but I choose for the sunny atmosphere.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

1. This Sir Is Now Mine
2. Evening Stroll
3. Late Afternoon in Paradise

Motivation:
Those all pictures had a nice background and all picture itself, but the 1st one made me really laugh and the other 2 because of the atmosphere.

Rambo_Augusta
  • Rambo_Augusta

Hilary is my bitch

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

1.This Sir Is Now Mine
2.KillZone
3.Blood trails

motivations
1.great shot of something I really love to do and to get it midflight not only looks great but a real gem of an idea love the originality.
2.If you can go up against three tanks and still have vice city's finest ducking for cover then congratulations.
3.Its always great to see how much detail rockstar put in a game and that gruesome room is one of them.

Great competition everybody hope all of the contestants had as much fun as i did thinking of ideas and what not and ofcourse lets not forget about Dutchy who put on this wonderful competitiion so thank you

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

Is that it? will there be another photo contest? sad.gif

Thanks Dutchy!

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Jun 26 2009, 14:37)
Is that it? will there be another photo contest? sad.gif

Perhaps in the future. wink.gif

Remember: last day you can vote for your favourite!

1: Evening Stroll
2: Whacking Away
3: Late afternoon in Paradise
Motivation:
Evening Stroll is a very nice photo. Beautiful buildings on the background, nice light from one of the buildings. The blimp at the right position, and a nice view from the park. Whacking Away is second. Brilliant description and very original. Late afternoon in Paradise is just a very nice photo, nice sun, and it reminds me of the summer holidays. smile.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

1: Evening Stroll
2: This Sir is Now Mine
3: Killzone
Motivation

Love Evening stroll, the way the light shines off that tall building is jut WOW. In second place had to go to This Sir is Now Mine a great action shot is tricky to do in GTA VC without all the modcons that we have in GTA 4 so it needed rewarding. Finally in third place is killzone a subtle reminder of what GTA VC is all about ie killing lots of cops biggrin.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

And so endeth thy contest, it was great fun but as I have always been told fun things must always come to an end. I am sure Dutchy3010 is already thinking up new ways for us to display our talents (remember keep them legal Dutchy3010). Till then congratulations to the winners, commiserations to the losers and a great big thank you to every one that took part in either submitting pictures and voting. Oh and I am not bitter no one voted for my pictures all those warnings and reminders you will all be getting have absolutely nothing to do with the fact no one voted for my pictures whatsoever honest guv'nor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users