Photo

Weird mission failure

18 replies to this topic
Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

I was doing mission Last Requests. I picked up the ladies and thought that I'd pick up the package on the rocky outcrop on the way.

I couldn't find it at first and spent a bit of time jumping around from one rock to another.

Just as I did find it and picked it up, somebody started shooting at me!
It was Maria notify.gif
She and Asuka had got off the boat and were chasing me. Only Maria was shooting. Who gave her a gun?

I got back onto the boat and when they tried to follow me - they fell into the water and drowned!
That meant that the mission was failed cry.gif

You keep finding new things in these GTA games wink.gif

Steve

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

That sounds awesome. Could you get a video maybe?

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Jun 20 2009, 22:04)
That sounds awesome. Could you get a video maybe?

Try it for yourself. See if she does it every time.

Steve

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've known this for a long time but if you attack either of the two both will start to shoot at you with Uzis. I'm not sure if they will do that if you aim at them (using classic controls on PC, or the usual auto-aim on console versions.)

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 20 2009, 22:06)
I've known this for a long time but if you attack either of the two both will start to shoot at you with Uzis. I'm not sure if they will do that if you aim at them (using classic controls on PC, or the usual auto-aim on console versions.)

I didn't shoot at them, or even aim at them.

I tried to do it again, but couldn't sad.gif
I backed the boat onto the rocky outcrop and got off. As I explored the rocks the two ladies were standing near the back of the boat. As it bumped against the rocks with the waves they moved around a bit and eventually came off the back of the boat. But they just stood in the water on the rocks.

Nothing I could do would persuade them to get back onto the boat. Maybe I should have tried shooting them - or at least aiming at them.

I could get back onto the boat and drive it to Staunton Island. But when I drove the boat into the blue marker - nothing happened because the ladies weren't there

Steve

TheChoosen1
  • TheChoosen1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

the last mission from Donald Love was very strange,Donald wasn't there. notify.gif

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

I remember once I was doing Rays last mission (the one where you get him to the airport) and I was driving him along that highway on Staunton when he suddenly hopped out of the car, ran across the road and off the edge into the water and drowned. icon13.gif Weird sh*t happens in gta3 sometimes.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

I have a friend who failed the very first mission, he put the Kuruma wheels up when he was crossing the alley at Chinatown with the bribe (you all should know what alley I'm talking about).

toniman
  • toniman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

i remember doing Rays last mission i was near the brigde looking for a way across when heard a plop sound and ray had drowned! i did not even move!

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Jul 10 2009, 08:42)
I remember once I was doing Rays last mission (the one where you get him to the airport) and I was driving him along that highway on Staunton when he suddenly hopped out of the car, ran across the road and off the edge into the water and drowned. icon13.gif Weird sh*t happens in gta3 sometimes.

I had to laugh at this one.

Is it only me who tries to sway the boat as much as possible to see if you can Maria & Asuka to fall off the boat and drown?

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Nice find! cookie.gif

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Jun 21 2009, 00:03)
I was doing mission Last Requests. I picked up the ladies and thought that I'd pick up the package on the rocky outcrop on the way.

I couldn't find it at first and spent a bit of time jumping around from one rock to another.

Just as I did find it and picked it up, somebody started shooting at me!
It was Maria notify.gif
She and Asuka had got off the boat and were chasing me. Only Maria was shooting. Who gave her a gun?

I got back onto the boat and when they tried to follow me - they fell into the water and drowned!
That meant that the mission was failed cry.gif

You keep finding new things in these GTA games wink.gif

Steve

Sounds reaaly strange. So if you get out of the boat Maria will start shooting you? I'll try myself.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

They start shooting you only when you shoot them. They both have Uzi

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

Finishing a TOYZ mission in Portland for the first time (back in around 2004), and had never set foot into this type of vehicle simply because it looked like nothing more than a crappy van, and the stupid thing started the side mission Mafia Massacre on me! The RC mission however was easy as you expect. Not knowing that the Mafia would now do anything to kill me, shotguns and all, I simply drove away and two seconds after, *BANG* Wasted! I actually assumed that it was either the Mafia getting annoyed about their cars being destroyed, or that someone had set an anti-theft car bomb Mike Lips style, or that it was someone else pushing around RC cars just like they did in GTA1, which used to really annoy me on that game!

When I bought Vice City, I even pushed the Top Fun van all the way from the beach to the Links View safe house just so I could have one without it exploding! It wasn't until around 2006 when I noticed that the vans don't spontaneously blow up when you drive away in them...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

About the strange thing with Asuka and Maria - They start shooting at you only when you attack them. See:
http://www.4shared.c...ad_bitchez.html

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Sep 8 2009, 12:51)
About the strange thing with Asuka and Maria - They start shooting at you only when you attack them. See:
http://www.4shared.c...ad_bitchez.html

lol.gif lol.gif
Nice one!

Cartel Cruiser
  • Cartel Cruiser

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:44 AM

i also found out that the only way to make them hostile is to hit them, they will automatically have Uzi's the only way to make them stop is to drive the boat and not get of otherwisse ur dead. and be thankfull it is not that dam M-16 that will shread u up in less than 2 seconds...

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

This has happened to me twice: on the Curly Bob mission, I take a taxi and park it outside the club so he just gets into mine instead of having to follow him. Anyway, just as he's about to get into my car, I get the message that he's spooked and the mission was failed.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (leper73 @ Mar 7 2010, 13:10)
This has happened to me twice: on the Curly Bob mission, I take a taxi and park it outside the club so he just gets into mine instead of having to follow him. Anyway, just as he's about to get into my car, I get the message that he's spooked and the mission was failed.

hah, that's good find

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users