Quantcast

» «
Photo

Maintenance Update 1.0.4.0

570 replies to this topic

Poll: How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods) (1090 member(s) have cast votes)

How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods)

1. Performance boost. (187 votes [28.68%])

Percentage of vote: 28.68%

2. No change. (229 votes [35.12%])

Percentage of vote: 35.12%

3. Performance decrease. (112 votes [17.18%])

Percentage of vote: 17.18%

4. Haven't installed it / not going to install it. (124 votes [19.02%])

Percentage of vote: 19.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ForgedReality
  • ForgedReality

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Jun 19 2009, 16:50)
woot! it made my IV run alot better and look better! the damage looks great now and the graphics just look better in general.

i'm running 10-30fps (10 with a damaged car in a police chase...) averages around 20 yay!

i'm running:
800x600
High Textures (i'm using -availablevidmem 3.5 and -memrestrict 629145600 and i get no popup!)
No Reflections/Low (I switch to low reflections in certain cars that look bad without reflections)
Low Water
No Shadows

100 traffic desenty with the 100 peds and 3x traffic and peds mod

specs:
AMD X2 64bit 5200+
5GB Ram
Vista Home Premium 64bit
ATi Radeon X1300 256mb

yay!

..but wtf? i get 4.98 fps on the benchmark!?

Wow. That's f*ckin sh*tty. I get 78fps on the benchmark, and I run max EVERYTHING at 1920x1200.

Time to upgrade, mate. tounge2.gif

Mouta
  • Mouta

Hi OH SILVER! AWAY! Take Care Now...Bye Bye Then

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

i just had one of those famous loading freezes with the new patch, is it normal?! LOL

Sventilator
  • Sventilator

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Gta Guy 108 @ Jun 19 2009, 20:23)
QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 15:55)
Ok thanks Rockstar, but I'm going to give up..

I just spent 6 whole weeks nonstop tweaking, reinstalling.. finetuning and spent $600 on gpu's.. own 3 copies of the game...  Finally I have got it running straight and smooth for 2 whole days and then you release a patch that made me loose 15fps in-game..!!!!!????

I really needed to step out and scream for a moment...

And why do you always answer my mails with a counter question, and when I answer that I never hear of you people again?

Hey you are not the only one, your computer must be really good after you spent 600 on gpu, but really it is not the computer that is making this game messing up, it has to be the game.

This game will go number 1 on my list of worst ports in history. All said and done, it seems like you need a computer from Nasa just to run the damn thing, but then again, it seems like they could not even run Crysis, but that is a whole 'nother topic. Rockstar really did mess up with this one. I think they really should have released two versions of the same game, one is to play on multiplayer, and has all that security crap on it, and the other to mod and do what you please. I would have bought the one that you could mod with. I could care less about online with this game, I have heard alot of stuff with modders shooting frags out of their M4's and pistols that shoot rockets, and it is sad that they spent 200k on a faulty game security check to make sure that players won't find another virtual sex mini-game. Instead, we get a game we can hardly even work.

I corrected myself in a new post, it runs perfectly smooth again, should have edited the first one but since it was quoted already I thought it wasn't polite.. It's still the only game on my list of greatest games.. 99% of all other games bore me within the 4th level.. and I never play them again.. finished this one 4 times already and i can drive arround for hours..

They didn't mess up, I just never seen a game that has so much going and so much detail, all the fake branding, commercials buildings, little signs etc etc etc. and they all connect.. the way your actions are reported on the radio and the net.. the way the cars handle and move, how the people respond. etc etc etc.. and it all looks amazing... So much work it must have been.. That's why I was willing to spent money (that I didn't spent on other games) on my machine for this.. as it clearly needs a good pc... and it was well worth it..! Rockstar don't change a thing..!!

this was the new post:
QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 17:55)
pfew..! appologees, I have to correct myself... you really scared me there for a moment I've put so much time and $ in getting this game to run optimal...! I couldn't believe an upgrade would make it worse.. and luckely it didn't..!

Maybe this is usefull to other people too!!: It seems the update turns "clip capture" back to "on" which causes a nasty stutter every 2 seconds on my machine.. I turned it back off, now it runs smooth again..!!! Maybe even smoother then before..? Still lost a few fps here and there but nothing serious...!

So now the game runs fine on my machine with the latest update of IV and the latest nvidia drivers.. basicly my IV worries are over...! Thanks Rockstar!

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

Changed nothing for me

Before:
---------
Statistics
Average FPS: 61.45
Duration: 37.26 sec
CPU Usage: 64%
System memory usage: 47%
Video memory usage: 95%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: Highest
View Distance: 31
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 8.14.10.671
Audio Adapter: Lautsprecher (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli
------------

After:
-------
Statistics
Average FPS: 61.14
Duration: 37.47 sec
CPU Usage: 65%
System memory usage: 47%
Video memory usage: 93%

Graphics Settings
View Distance: 31

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 8.14.10.671
Audio Adapter: Lautsprecher (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli
---------

Also ingame: no change for me.

g-xtreme
  • g-xtreme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

really they improved the preformance
and this is my benchmark

before:

Statistics
Average FPS: 37.64
Duration: 37.33 sec
CPU Usage: 81%
System memory usage: 48%
Video memory usage: 93%

Graphics Settings
View Distance: 30

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Video Driver version: 185.85
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

after :

Statistics
Average FPS: 47.73
Duration: 37.27 sec
CPU Usage: 77%
System memory usage: 49%
Video memory usage: 89%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (85 Hz)
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 32
Detail Distance: 70

Hardware
Video Driver version: 186.18

another one with mode 1280 x 1024

Statistics
Average FPS: 44.99
Duration: 37.10 sec
CPU Usage: 76%
System memory usage: 52%
Video memory usage: 92%

Graphics Settings
View Distance: 32

Hardware
Video Driver version: 186.18

and they improved reflection on cars and taxture and control on the bike and brake for the bikes and cars and also handling .....that i saw if i'm wrong please correct me and thanks alot R*T for the patch......... smile.gif

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Gold Master Build Pressing is a term I've never heard before. Care to explain, Rockstar?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Jun 19 2009, 13:12)
Today we released a Maintenance Update for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV. This update ensures all copies of the game are properly aligned for the next gold master build pressing. We have also improved the resource management numbers to detect and adjust accordingly to different operating systems.

Like all previous updates, this contains all the fixes from past title updates, so there is no need to re-install previous patches if you have to re-install the game for any reason. A direct link to download Maintenance Update 1.0.4.0 can be found here. For more details and download links for other languages, check out the Grand Theft Auto IV PC support page.

So does this mean that this is only a preparation for something big from you, sir? I would like to see a well-optimised IV especially for those who can't afford an expensive gaming rig...

God Bless and more power to you guys... cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Sventilator
  • Sventilator

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

I'll say it again, please stop staring yourselfs blind on the benchmark.. or framerates.. start the game and drive arround.. without fraps or other background apps.. you'll see it's better.. also with newer drivers.. (although older might give you better benchmark results). In-game you might get better results with new drivers.. also eyecandy wise..

When you use the benchmark and a framecounter, you'll see the benchmark will always give you 40-60fps or more, and it's really all about the little 2 second part where the scooters go over the sidewalk... and there is not even half the stuff going on that is going on in game....

theineffablebob
  • theineffablebob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Lollercoaster @ Jun 19 2009, 22:56)
Gold Master Build Pressing is a term I've never heard before. Care to explain, Rockstar?

A gold master is the version from which copies of the game are made. To press is to create the copies of the game. Sounds like they're updating the gold master so that all the new copies of GTA4 which will be on store shelves will be updated to the latest version.

Cornflake
  • Cornflake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:33 PM Edited by Cornflake, 19 June 2009 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (Boris_Chavez @ Jun 19 2009, 20:33)
For me this update caused a lot more trouble than it was worth.

Same for me. Well, the 1.0.3.0 patch wrecked my game, and since they are inclusive so did 1.0.4.0. The problems are so bad (stuttering, textures locked at low, view distance locked at 1) that I had to make a seperate install on another HDD with v1.0.1.0 just to play SP. Then I open up 1.0.4.0 to play (or at least try to play) MP.

QUOTE (theineffablebob)
A gold master is the version from which copies of the game are made. To press is to create the copies of the game. Sounds like they're updating the gold master so that all the new copies of GTA4 which will be on store shelves will be updated to the latest version.

Wow that's such a drag for the people buying GTA:IV in the future. They're going to have more problems then the rest of us had when we bought it!

My opinion of this game was quite high on Patch 1, everything ran swell. Now unfortunately, since I wanted to play MP and had to update, I have to join the ranks of the whiners sometimes sneaky2.gif

crashsilumator234
  • crashsilumator234

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Jun 19 2009, 15:02)
Nice. But this patch decreased my performance very noticeably, I'm waiting for that big update biggrin.gif (maybe 1.0.4.1?)

pathetic, its just too sad to read

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well I guess I was too fast to judge that nothing has changed:) actually it is :)with my gpu with other patches I played without shadows to increase the fps, but now with patch 1.0.4.0 I can set the shadows on high and the fps is still the same and the shadows looks pretty normal:) So I gotta say that the patch 1.0.4.0 is very tasty candy for me:)

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Uhm, I fail to understand this new release thing... I mean it's okay that people will get a new, updated disc in stores, but does that mean this game will be more optimized, or will it use the last released patch? Just to let you guys know, I still do not own the game on PC... only because I've been waiting for an optimized version smile.gif

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

Visual Mods still work, like the Real Car Mod and Environment mod. Just reinstall them after patch.
Oh and the ASI Loader I use Still Works too. Just not the ASI mods.

hoolio22g
  • hoolio22g

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

Cant believe it!!! this time I had 2 hours of cheat free play till the same old wankers turned up.....but ya know what the worst thing is R*,them 2 hours were flippin excellent fun you have created one of the best online games out there,and you let these dumb cheating f*cks ruin it for ya.

C'mon do something ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 23:59)
I'll say it again, please stop staring yourselfs blind on the benchmark.. or framerates.. start the game and drive arround..  without fraps or other background apps.. you'll see it's better.. also with newer drivers.. (although older might give you better benchmark results). In-game you might get better results with new drivers.. also eyecandy wise..

I spent almost 160 hours playing this game with patch 1.0.3.0. I don't need FRAPS or the benchmark to clearly notice the FPS are lower and there's stuttering. FRAPS just confirmed that, and the benchmark too, even though that tool is clearly lying lol. 50 or 47 FPS my ass...

As for the drivers, I don't update mines for some time now, but I have a reason. When Nvidia released new drivers (185.something) GTA IV started stuttering a lot, I couldn't even play for 5 minutes, the game would freeze. So I reverted for a special driver made for this game, and I've had no troubles since then.

I'll try the most recent drivers, but I don't know if it will make a difference.

So far all patches have done a better job, except this one. It just made things worse... I hope Rockstar is releasing a big patch in the next days, not a retail version with all the patches incorporated. I already bought my version back in December, thank you. Appreciate your effort, but I hope you guys are making a nice patch...

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Jun 19 2009, 16:57)
I would like to see a well-optimised IV especially for those who can't afford an expensive gaming rig...

If you can't afford it then buy and play on a console. You won't be able to get the benfits of playing it on a pc without what you can't afford. So...

abuckyboy
  • abuckyboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

does anyone know that program that turns normal nvdia drivers into mobile ones for laptops?

MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

I don't know if anyone has seen this or not but in R*SC it says "-Resource management adjustments based on the operating system detected"

Sventilator
  • Sventilator

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Jun 20 2009, 00:18)
QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 23:59)
I'll say it again, please stop staring yourselfs blind on the benchmark.. or framerates.. start the game and drive arround..  without fraps or other background apps.. you'll see it's better.. also with newer drivers.. (although older might give you better benchmark results). In-game you might get better results with new drivers.. also eyecandy wise..

I spent almost 160 hours playing this game with patch 1.0.3.0. I don't need FRAPS or the benchmark to clearly notice the FPS are lower and there's stuttering. FRAPS just confirmed that, and the benchmark too, even though that tool is clearly lying lol. 50 or 47 FPS my ass...

As for the drivers, I don't update mines for some time now, but I have a reason. When Nvidia released new drivers (185.something) GTA IV started stuttering a lot, I couldn't even play for 5 minutes, the game would freeze. So I reverted for a special driver made for this game, and I've had no troubles since then.

I'll try the most recent drivers, but I don't know if it will make a difference.

So far all patches have done a better job, except this one. It just made things worse... I hope Rockstar is releasing a big patch in the next days, not a retail version with all the patches incorporated. I already bought my version back in December, thank you. Appreciate your effort, but I hope you guys are making a nice patch...

I don't even use the benchmark anymore, it's the game experience that counts for me.. I have stopped using counters as well because it puts me on the wrong track.. I see it drop.. but my game is still quit smooth.. but because i see the framerate drop I get worried and start tweaking..

I had the same experience at first with 185 drivers and also stuck to 181.22 (because of framerate but not experience) for a while but after some tweaking with the new driver I got it running real smooth.. but it's almost like my gpu needs to warm up a bit.. the first few minutes are crappy, but then it smooths out.. maybe lower framerates here and there but overall a better experience.. and it looks also better now.. at least for me.. but I have a gpu that came out along with the 181.22.. at least that's the oldest driver I can find that will support it.. so for me, newer drivers will maybe be an improvement, but for older cards it could be bad..

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (ForgedReality @ Jun 19 2009, 17:16)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Jun 19 2009, 16:50)
woot! it made my IV run alot better and look better! the damage looks great now and the graphics just look better in general.

i'm running 10-30fps (10 with a damaged car in a police chase...) averages around 20 yay!

i'm running:
800x600
High Textures (i'm using -availablevidmem 3.5 and -memrestrict 629145600 and i get no popup!)
No Reflections/Low (I switch to low reflections in certain cars that look bad without reflections)
Low Water
No Shadows

100 traffic desenty with the 100 peds and 3x traffic and peds mod

specs:
AMD X2 64bit 5200+
5GB Ram
Vista Home Premium 64bit
ATi Radeon X1300 256mb

yay!

..but wtf? i get 4.98 fps on the benchmark!?

Wow. That's f*ckin sh*tty. I get 78fps on the benchmark, and I run max EVERYTHING at 1920x1200.

Time to upgrade, mate. tounge2.gif

Just the GPU. Everything else is fine.

JSBiggs8792
  • JSBiggs8792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

Having issues when starting up my game. Says only the 1.0.1-1.0.3 versions of the .exe are compatable. What am I doing wrong?

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (JSBiggs8792 @ Jun 19 2009, 18:18)
Having issues when starting up my game. Says only the 1.0.1-1.0.3 versions of the .exe are compatable. What am I doing wrong?

delete any asi files

Dungeoncrawler
  • Dungeoncrawler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:57 AM Edited by Dungeoncrawler, 20 June 2009 - 05:15 AM.

After installing this patch my game will only load a new game. I'll assume this patch suffers from the same ailment as the last. If your last save was an auto-save it will not load this file. Basically, with patch 1030 you were forced to patch to 1020, go ingame and savea at your safehouse, then patch to 1030 and the game would then load your most current save.

Update: Srry RS, save game issue was not due to the newest patch. My oversight...thanks for the patch smile.gif

JSBiggs8792
  • JSBiggs8792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (YoungGun @ Jun 20 2009, 02:34)
QUOTE (JSBiggs8792 @ Jun 19 2009, 18:18)

delete any asi files

Deleting the .asi's worked. Much thanks.

UltimateGTR
  • UltimateGTR

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

Thank you, R*, you work hard to make GTA IV for PC perfect!

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Jun 19 2009, 11:04)
QUOTE (Intosia @ Jun 19 2009, 23:03)
QUOTE (Watinho @ Jun 19 2009, 15:13)
Ok, now when are you going to release this "gold master build" patch?? Is it going to be soon? I mean this or next month??

Indeed, now im totaly exited!

Maybe its the patch that will get the DLC ready, we can be skeptical, but we are not going to know for sure what is it until its released...

Don't get our hopes up. tounge.gif

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

Trust me, next patch to be release by june or july.
In August, some major annoucement for both consoles and PC gamers will be announce.

vicedens2002
  • vicedens2002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:07 AM

i have this error while installing the patch..... mad.gif mad.gif

user posted image

am doing any thing wrong??
confused.gif confused.gif

TheWelshGamer
  • TheWelshGamer

Bilbo T Baggins

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:11 AM Edited by TheWelshGamer, 20 June 2009 - 05:20 AM.

My guess this upcoming patch wont be 1.0.5.0 but 1.1.0.0.

Either way im looking forward to this patch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users