Quantcast

» «
Photo

Maintenance Update 1.0.4.0

570 replies to this topic

Poll: How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods) (1090 member(s) have cast votes)

How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods)

1. Performance boost. (187 votes [28.68%])

Percentage of vote: 28.68%

2. No change. (229 votes [35.12%])

Percentage of vote: 35.12%

3. Performance decrease. (112 votes [17.18%])

Percentage of vote: 17.18%

4. Haven't installed it / not going to install it. (124 votes [19.02%])

Percentage of vote: 19.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

Nice one, I'm getting a slight FPS boost.

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Jun 19 2009, 21:57)
Hmm this update didn't do any good to my game. In fact, it make it run worse.  sad.gif

Maybe it's because benchmark tool in the game isn't accurate? rolleyes.gif

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:01 PM Edited by Nillus, 19 June 2009 - 07:08 PM.

In my opinion the #1 thing R* should do now is: write a decent multiplayer server system, P2P isn't the way to go for this, it's laggy and there's no central point handling security etc.
The multiplayer on the PC version is one of the things that make it stand out, make it useable then. bored.gif

If this thing is still in dev, consider adding a function for enabling/disabling gun recoil, no recoil AT ALL now: it's like you are playing lasergame lol and some people don't like that
Console versions have gun recoil and ingame texts on both consoles and PC talk about recoil and to aim more accurately etc. Aiming from cover isn't any less accurate while the consoles and the ingame texts state this.
Aka, add a switch for 'Realistic gun handling on/off' as this is clearly a bug. smile.gif

PS: Since mods don't work now, that means cheaters are not online anymore? biggrin.gif

I've been on multiplayer today and there's less cheaters but there are still skiddies around: I once saw like 50+ Annihilators falling down from the sky crashing everyone's game. cry.gif

Intosia
  • Intosia

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 16:13)
QUOTE (Intosia @ Jun 19 2009, 16:10)
Ow, does Gold Patch mean, last patch that gonne be made?

it means they make the early full price buyers test and suffer for the late cheap buyers...

Yeah indeed, thats what i thought. Well i dont expect a game to be 100% on release, but still crappy after 1.4, meh... thats where bad software design kicks in...

zerosaber
  • zerosaber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

The game runs better for me now!!! I have obtained a 5-6 FPS boost. Thanks R*!!!!!

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE ([CTD]LaBan @ Jun 19 2009, 20:00)
Hmm this update didn't do any good to my game. In fact, it make it run worse.  sad.gif

Read the rest of my post lol. As I said, a 3 FPS loss in the benchmark is nothing to worry about, but ingame things are much worse. I lost 5 and sometimes even more FPS. And it stutters a bit more.

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

We have to wait the big update, this is nothing imho.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:20 PM Edited by Warlord., 19 June 2009 - 08:30 PM.

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Jun 20 2009, 01:05)
QUOTE ([CTD)
LaBan,Jun 19 2009, 20:00]

Read the rest of my post lol. As I said, a 3 FPS loss in the benchmark is nothing to worry about, but ingame things are much worse. I lost 5 and sometimes even more FPS. And it stutters a bit more.

Mistakened you for Spider-Vice. Sorry tounge.gif .

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

File Check Fix updated !
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=406198
MP-suspicious files check is still enabled !
so, if R* can't make anticheat - don't use cheats - be fair

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Benchmark is a sh*t ! My benchmark say that I lose 3 fps but Fraps indicate i got more ! And the game runs more good ! So download Fraps or buy it and see !!!

Cornflake
  • Cornflake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:29 PM Edited by Cornflake, 19 June 2009 - 07:37 PM.

QUOTE (Nillus)
In my opinion the #1 thing R* should do now is: write a decent multiplayer server system, P2P isn't the way to go for this, it's laggy and there's no central point handling security etc.
The multiplayer on the PC version is one of the things that make it stand out, make it useable then. bored.gif

Well, all the consoles are doing it! So it's the thing, whatever they do on the Xbox 360 goes for PC, too! Didn't you get the memo?

On a serious note, it really does suck when a game runs on P2P multiplayer system. Not only becaused of lag and lack of security... but you loose any consistency and customizations. You don't have server names, can't keep track of good places to play, no chance of server-side mods or tweaks, etc. You only ever get the very basic vanialla gaming experience. You just see a player name and colored bars. What does green mean? under 100ms? What's orange? Does red mean they are in China? How the hell am I supposed to tell? I also agree with what you said about the weapon recoil smile.gif

I'm not just ranting, I speak from experience. I had run a Garry's Mod server (A very popular and quite addicting Half-Life 2 mod) for over 2 years now and let me tell you... the server / client setup is the only way to go. Yeah it might take time to find a server, and you're relying on the host but it's a much more organized and rewarding gaming experience. And at the very least you can let the people WITH A FAST CONNECTION NOT OVERSEAS host the game.

QUOTE (Piny221)
I lost 5 fps in benchmark,Now I have pops up of texture going on,and it more lagy.

At least you can run the benchmark! Ever since updating to 1.0.3.0 the benchmark option is missing for me anywhere in the menu; My textures are locked at Low and view distance at 1 no matter what drivers / OS i use; and terrible pop in (like I'm over my memory limit) even If I leave the settings at default. Worst of all after searching the web and the forums not one other person has mentioned this problem with 1.0.3.0. I've tried in Vista, XP, 10 different driver versions, etc. Nothing.

And I should congradulate them on this patch because... not a thing was solved!

jimnms
  • jimnms

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (exile550 @ Jun 19 2009, 13:19)
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMAP THE RMB TO MOVE FORWARD!!! FIX THIS ROCKSTAR.

SAME HERE! I won't be able to try this patch until tonight, but I had a small bit of hope that they might have finally fixed this. ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING ROCKSTAR???

I had to use a hacked version of the Logitech mouse driver for my mouse to play the game. After I finished the story missions I uninstalled the driver because it causes problems with other programs. I want to play the game again, but I don't want to have to use hacked drivers just to play a damn game.

Every GTA from GTA: III to GTA: SA allowed rebinding of any key and mouse button to any function. Why can't we do the same in GTA: IV? Also remove the hard coded binding that hangs up the phone on right mouse button even if re-bound to something else.

knee
  • knee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Ok guys, I'm going to need some help here because this new patch is giving me some serious problems. Take a look at these benchmark stats:

Before:

Statistics
Average FPS: 32.43
Duration: 37.10 sec
CPU Usage: 98%
System memory usage: 58%
Video memory usage: 93%

After:

Statistics
Average FPS: 7.27
Duration: 38.12 sec
CPU Usage: 99%
System memory usage: 69%
Video memory usage: 97%

Settings:

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 800 x 600 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Low
Texture Filter Quality: Low
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 1

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Video Driver version: 185.63
Audio Adapter: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz

So it went from 32 to 7 fps and needless to say I won't be doing any racing tonight.

Anyone have any ideas? Clip capture is off, I've got the settings turned as low as they go. I've tried it with and without the recommended command line for the 1.03 patch. I've checked to see if I have the correct power settings on my laptop. Everything is the same, except for the patch. I'm going to try and download from outside live and reinstall after I have posted this...

knee
  • knee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Ok when I tried to reinstall the patch it reported errors with copying binkw32.dll and GTAIV.exe. I reeeeaaaaally don't want to go through a game reinstall...

Zemmeh
  • Zemmeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:11 PM Edited by Zemmeh, 19 June 2009 - 08:13 PM.

to detect and adjust accordingly to different operating systems.

Yea thats why i lost 10 fps again with what your patch put in graphics settings. AND my my aspect ratio was so bad that the mini map looked like a football ball instead of a circle.

suicidal.gif

Edit: @knee: Even on low graphics everywhere, i burned my gfx(same as yours) with GTA4 So be carefull my friend. And each patch mess up with many users' fps, best of luck to you with this mess.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (jimnms @ Jun 19 2009, 20:43)
QUOTE (exile550 @ Jun 19 2009, 13:19)
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMAP THE RMB TO MOVE FORWARD!!! FIX THIS ROCKSTAR.

SAME HERE! I won't be able to try this patch until tonight, but I had a small bit of hope that they might have finally fixed this. ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING ROCKSTAR???

I had to use a hacked version of the Logitech mouse driver for my mouse to play the game. After I finished the story missions I uninstalled the driver because it causes problems with other programs. I want to play the game again, but I don't want to have to use hacked drivers just to play a damn game.

Every GTA from GTA: III to GTA: SA allowed rebinding of any key and mouse button to any function. Why can't we do the same in GTA: IV? Also remove the hard coded binding that hangs up the phone on right mouse button even if re-bound to something else.

There's always an anonymous user logged on opinion threads and sh*t, haven't you noticed? It may be R*.

MitchyK
  • MitchyK

United Liberty Paper, Employee Of The Month

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Well i'm all patched up and i'm quite happy, i'm running at higher settings, and by default the game actually seems to get the auto settings not far off now. Before it was a joke. I'm getting about 3-5fps more in the benchmark, but in game it's running like silk. At night i'm getting between 40 and 60fps before it was 30-50, and it's usually towards the higher end of the scale, and it also runs much smoother.
So whatever they patched, seemed to work for me.

MitchyK

knee
  • knee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

Ok sorry for the spam but my issue is now resolved. The patch downloaded from outside live worked. The binkw32.dll and GTAIV.exe copying errors were due to my exe still running in the processes. I'm now back to 31 fps. Hope this helps anyone who might experience the same issues.

Sp4wNers
  • Sp4wNers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Jun 19 2009, 13:53)
Where is changelog ?

There's no changelog, as he said "This update ensures all copies of the game are properly aligned for the next gold master build pressing". We must wait for this BIG update

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Sventilator @ Jun 19 2009, 15:55)
Ok thanks Rockstar, but I'm going to give up..

I just spent 6 whole weeks nonstop tweaking, reinstalling.. finetuning and spent $600 on gpu's.. own 3 copies of the game... Finally I have got it running straight and smooth for 2 whole days and then you release a patch that made me loose 15fps in-game..!!!!!????

I really needed to step out and scream for a moment...

And why do you always answer my mails with a counter question, and when I answer that I never hear of you people again?

Hey you are not the only one, your computer must be really good after you spent 600 on gpu, but really it is not the computer that is making this game messing up, it has to be the game.

This game will go number 1 on my list of worst ports in history. All said and done, it seems like you need a computer from Nasa just to run the damn thing, but then again, it seems like they could not even run Crysis, but that is a whole 'nother topic. Rockstar really did mess up with this one. I think they really should have released two versions of the same game, one is to play on multiplayer, and has all that security crap on it, and the other to mod and do what you please. I would have bought the one that you could mod with. I could care less about online with this game, I have heard alot of stuff with modders shooting frags out of their M4's and pistols that shoot rockets, and it is sad that they spent 200k on a faulty game security check to make sure that players won't find another virtual sex mini-game. Instead, we get a game we can hardly even work.

Boris_Chavez
  • Boris_Chavez

Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

For me this update caused a lot more trouble than it was worth. First of all it completely wrecked single player - fine till you get outside the safehouse, then frame rate immediately tumbles to nothing, crash to desktop, same when trying to run the benchmark, but MP free mode seemed OK-ish but crashed out after about 15 minutes. Installed the latest NVidia drivers (for 9800GT 1GB) which I didn't particularly want to do as the game was running very nicely before. Now the game works again, but looks like cr*p and is much jerkier even on recommended settings. And that was after turning clip capture off again. The effects of known causes of lag (e.g. not turning off traffic and peds in helicopter races) also seem much worse. What we need is a new, properly coded engine/executable, not a buggy one with layers of patches that drain performance.

Intosia
  • Intosia

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:44 PM Edited by Intosia, 19 June 2009 - 08:47 PM.

I decided to install the patch. I was still at 1.0.2 because of the .net hook. And im very pleasantly supprised!! The game runs much smoother (and less resources in use in the benchmark). Even played with Shadow Detail on max, didnt make a difference? Ok, maybe i missed some things of the 1.0.3 patch, that could be it tounge.gif

Fps range form 23-60. Admit im running om 1280x720, with medium settings, on a Q6600 with a 8800GTX. I dont see the difference between Medium and High anyway :S

Ow and thats with 181.xx Nvidia drivers, lol. I need to update, ahah

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (knee @ Jun 19 2009, 15:04)
Ok when I tried to reinstall the patch it reported errors with copying binkw32.dll and GTAIV.exe. I reeeeaaaaally don't want to go through a game reinstall...

Make sure GTAIV and Social Club are not running. Also, make sure the patch is running with admin if you are using Vista.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Shamefully the patch isn't helping me at all. In fact I have a fps drop of 15 even up to 20 FPS sometimes. sad.gif Buying a new flatscreen monitor soon so I hope it'll run better on higher resolutions (because alot of people keep saying it runs better in higher resolutions than lower ones).

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

54MBs.. biggest patch yet?

Zemmeh
  • Zemmeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

thats YOUR SUPER DUPER RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FROM THE PATCH:

Statistics
Average FPS: 25.66
Duration: 37.61 sec
CPU Usage: 93%
System memory usage: 72%
Video memory usage: 76%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (70 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 26
Detail Distance: 51

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.612
Audio Adapter: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Thats the settings i put on myself:

Statistics
Average FPS: 30.94
Duration: 37.58 sec
CPU Usage: 95%
System memory usage: 67%
Video memory usage: 46%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (70 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 26
Detail Distance: 51

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.612
Audio Adapter: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Your patch failed at optimizing my comp i guess, + aspect ratio was ugly had to change it. By the way, your benchmark doesnt even show shadow quality which influance rly much performances.

Nietzsche's God
  • Nietzsche's God

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

I don't notice the difference on mine. Still the same to me. Good thing we got a break from the fa**ot cheaters for the time being.

Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (YoungGun @ Jun 19 2009, 21:00)
54MBs.. biggest patch yet?

The file contains all previous fixes plus the new changes, so every patch should be bigger tounge.gif

About performance, i do notice it a bit better smile.gif icon14.gif

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

New SparkIV: http://gzwn.net/Docu...kIV 0.6.2.1.rar

reznor
  • reznor

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:54 PM