Quantcast

» «
Photo

Maintenance Update 1.0.4.0

570 replies to this topic

Poll: How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods) (1090 member(s) have cast votes)

How has this update affected your game? (poll added by mods)

1. Performance boost. (187 votes [28.68%])

Percentage of vote: 28.68%

2. No change. (229 votes [35.12%])

Percentage of vote: 35.12%

3. Performance decrease. (112 votes [17.18%])

Percentage of vote: 17.18%

4. Haven't installed it / not going to install it. (124 votes [19.02%])

Percentage of vote: 19.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 24 2009, 06:30)
QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Aug 23 2009, 19:39)
QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 23 2009, 15:23)
QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Aug 23 2009, 18:24)
Yeah
When Mafia II gonna be released, then bye bye GTA IV and future rockstar products

Yeah, and I'll see you back when Mafia II fails to live up to your expectations and crashes frequently and runs at crappier frame rates than GTA IV.

sigh.gif

This is not possible, they making Mafia II especially for PC , not for Console and then port it for PC

Can you link me to a source which says that? All that I see mentioned everywhere is that it's going to be released for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. No mention of it being released on the PC first and then ported to the consoles.

I think you're going by the first Mafia game. Don't expect the coming games to be made for the PC first. Remember how GTA started? They all are going to end up being console oriented anyways.

/off-topic

The developers themselves said that PC version looks better @ gamecom. Console versions don't have antyaliasing, while PC version will. Also PC version has locked framerate to 60 FPS, while consoles to 30. Go figure. /offtopic

So, anyone else noticed that the last time R* guy was here was at August 6th, while the last post was at July 21st? Pretty depressing.

GTA 4 Experte

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Where is Patch 1.5?
We all waiting...waiting now 2 Months...

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Aug 24 2009, 20:03)
The developers themselves said that PC version looks better @ gamecom. Console versions don't have antyaliasing, while PC version will. Also PC version has locked framerate to 60 FPS, while consoles to 30. Go figure. /offtopic

In all honesty, except the AA part, everything else you said applies to GTA IV too. I don't disagree with the fact that the PC version is always better (I know that's true), but making games for consoles is easier and there seems to be more moolah in it. Almost every game developer that once started on the PC has ended up being attracted to the console market. How many games are there that have been truly and exclusively made for the PC? Only a handful. I'm not discrediting the efforts of Mafia II developers here. If they have indeed thought about the PC ahead of the consoles, then it's a good thing for PC gaming. I'm just hoping that it's not the opposite.

So, anyone else noticed that the last time R* guy was here was at August 6th, while the last post was at July 21st? Pretty depressing.

They might not post but they keep an eye on the forums every now and then. Inspite of the sh*t that they get, I'm pretty sure they like feedback and what better way than to look into the biggest GTA forum on the internet.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

They done sh*tty game and what they expecting ? To be happy with this game ? LOL -.-
No comment

vivecs
  • vivecs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:33 AM Edited by vivecs, 27 August 2009 - 07:36 AM.

What sh*tty game? The game is super awesome, the only sh*tty thing about it is the performance.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (vivecs @ Aug 27 2009, 09:33)
What sh*tty game? The game is super awesome, the only sh*tty thing about it is the performance.

Yeah, sorry

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 24 2009, 08:26)

They might not post but they keep an eye on the forums every now and then. Inspite of the sh*t that they get, I'm pretty sure they like feedback and what better way than to look into the biggest GTA forum on the internet.

Well that's what you get for releasing a crappy port. You half ass it at first and then spend countless hours busting your ass off to fix your previous mistakes. They've brought it up on themselves.

maz89
  • maz89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 24 2009, 15:26)

In all honesty, except the AA part, everything else you said applies to GTA IV too. I don't disagree with the fact that the PC version is always better (I know that's true), but making games for consoles is easier and there seems to be more moolah in it. Almost every game developer that once started on the PC has ended up being attracted to the console market. How many games are there that have been truly and exclusively made for the PC? Only a handful. I'm not discrediting the efforts of Mafia II developers here. If they have indeed thought about the PC ahead of the consoles, then it's a good thing for PC gaming. I'm just hoping that it's not the opposite.

x2

Blame it on the piracy.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:38 PM Edited by Kimd41, 29 August 2009 - 01:16 PM.

Woa, this update made a huge decrease in performance. I was getting 22fps and now I'm getting 14fps with same settings.
Nevermind, the benchmark is so random.

NekoCeko
  • NekoCeko

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

I get this error after installing, and trying to play...:
"GTA IV FATAL ERROR: EFC20

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Invalid resource detected - Please re-install the game"
Works when i downgrade the patch.. But what is the problem with 4th then?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

Maybe you're running the game from GTAIV.exe instead of RGSC.

Alexei_26
  • Alexei_26

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:53 AM

Can someone please help me. After I got the latest update I can no longer map the same key too more then one action. For example I use the arrow keys for all the movement in the game, on foot, in cars or choppers, now I cant do that, Am I missing something, please help, ThaNK YOU.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

Delete all files from the Settings folder and try re-mapping the keys again. More info here.

finnlannon
  • finnlannon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

hey... i turned on the game and went to download the update on the game. it said it was updating but then
stopped when it was just about to finish.
so i downloaded it manually and when i play the game it still tries to download it. this has happened before
with 1.0.3.0 and i downloaded a patch and it was fine. i dont know what to do know though.
thanks.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

The recent update isn't a patch; it's the GFWL update. This is assuming you had already installed the 4th patch. You can download the GFWL update manually from here: http://www.microsoft...ad-540a25a38f89

MapMan
  • MapMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

I dont understand why people bitch for AA. Anti-aliasing decreases fps even more, so unless there's a major performance fix + AA, no one will use it tounge.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

I decided to install this piece of sh*t again today and install this 1.04 patch. I play it with everything on low, detail distance and vehicle density on 50 and 1280x1024 resolution.
At least the game doesn't crash anymore. And I get 30fps constant.

My specs:

P5q-Pro
Q6600 2.4ghz
Asus EAH4850 1Gb
2Gb DDR2 800mhz Kingston
WinXp SP3

And I can play Crysis on custom ultra high settings (without AA and Dx10 though)

vivecs
  • vivecs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Just add 2 Gb more of ram and you can play at high texture with higher setting smoothly. At least that's what happened to me smile.gif

But not all that smooth though, they're still lots of problem left but at least i can play at higher texture and better quality.

Mudfrog
  • Mudfrog

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (vivecs @ Sep 2 2009, 20:46)
Just add 2 Gb more of ram and you can play at high texture with higher setting smoothly. At least that's what happened to me smile.gif

But not all that smooth though, they're still lots of problem left but at least i can play at higher texture and better quality.

That should be GPU RAM not system RAM that dictates the level of textures that you can apply.

vivecs
  • vivecs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

Not really, just add an availablevidmem command and there you go. And besides, he already got 1 GB of GPU RAM, and that means he can play at high texture setting. He only needs more System RAM.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (vivecs @ Sep 4 2009, 13:23)
Not really, just add an availablevidmem command and there you go. And besides, he already got 1 GB of GPU RAM, and that means he can play at high texture setting. He only needs more System RAM.

When I put textures on High I play for 2 minutes and then the game crashes with "not enough memory" or some sh*t like that. They should give us our money back and make a decent game. I'm starting to hate Rockstar. They became console whores. And they release sh*t for PC so they could get more money. Kinda like EA, except EA makes sh*t for every platform.

Plobo
  • Plobo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Console version is running on medium settnigs, view distance about 15 and detail distance about 30. Other things are on medium (imo). You are able to play on HIGHER settings that the console version. And it is the SAME game, maybe with some bugs. But you have to understand - there is ONE xbox 360, ONE Playstation 3. But there are thousands of PC's combination! It is actually kinda harder to make the game to be without bugs on every PC. If you don't get it, then go whining somewhere else. We had this on this forum a million times, how it is just crappy port. Yes, it is a port, but not crappy.

vivecs
  • vivecs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Its not the bugs, its the performance and stability goddamnit. And stop saying its not a crappy port, IT IS a crappy port. But we better have a crappy port than no port at all.

Radiskull
  • Radiskull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

Hi there!i can remember about a year ago when i got this game, had far too many problems with getting my controller to work without the camera spinning around, don't know what i did but i got it to work lovely! completed the game got bored, stopped playing it

now how ever months later... loaded up the game... it half "updates" itself and yay! i have all the old problems again and once again my camera is spinning about!

lol now waiting for the next patch, but why oh why did they have to port the game in the first place!

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Radiskull @ Sep 10 2009, 07:42)
Hi there!i can remember about a year ago when i got this game, had far too many problems with getting my controller to work without the camera spinning around, don't know what i did but i got it to work lovely! completed the game got bored, stopped playing it

now how ever months later... loaded up the game... it half "updates" itself and yay! i have all the old problems again and once again my camera is spinning about!

lol now waiting for the next patch, but why oh why did they have to port the game in the first place!

Buy the game.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Or, install the updates out of the game. Not ingame, that gives bugs.

Radiskull
  • Radiskull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Sep 10 2009, 02:06)

Buy the game.

lol buy the game? i have brought it! hence it auto updated itself!!!! ............

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

O man, when be next patch with some fixes for game ?
Waiting , waiting and nothing
This game needs to be fixed

Waynio
  • Waynio

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

I have the game put aside until this next update gets its release, for me the game runs flawless on high settings @ 1920x1200, far more stable than a lot of other games and has been since 1.0.3.0, I could play it from start to finish without a hitch in 1 sitting so I'm just hoping for future DLC to make its way to pc, lost & damned is awesome and ballad of gay tony looks awesome too and would be quad awesome if they get a pc release, I hate having to play GTA games on crappy consoles before I get the real deal on pc, spoils the story and leaves no surprises.

I will just have to forget about the possibility of multiplayer ever being great again thou for pc with gta4, rockstar fixed it up for nearly a week with patch 1.0.3.0 but was soon spoiled again by cheaters, all I can say about that is I hope rockstar make a deal with steam instead of gfwl for the next GTA and have quality regular updated anti cheat, dedicated servers and a functional report cheaters and disruptive players to get them banned feature, gotta say thou I really miss the crazy online races, there is not another racing game that is such a laugh out there and I have tried quite a few now, nothing comes close to the fun I had with it.

It would be tragic if no more GTA's came to pc after seeing not just a port a 100% nicer looking highly polished up version, I completed it on xbox 360 and enjoyed it and the difference is very huge on an ok pc, makes the xbox version look like a ps1 compared to a ps3.

So I don't mind waiting even a couple of months from now, but hopefully this year for an update as long as the main issue has been fixed like the multiplayer part of it, and not just for a week, something more permanent, its essential for a muliplayer to have regular updated anti cheat, and I can only wish for DLC wink.gif , come on rockstar give us a reason to put gta IV back on my raid0 ssd's.

I don't know about everyone else but me personally would not grumble about a small fee to get a regular updated anti cheat put into this game.

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Radiskull @ Sep 12 2009, 02:02)
QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Sep 10 2009, 02:06)

Buy the game.

lol buy the game? i have brought it! hence it auto updated itself!!!! ............

Well shaking camera only happens because of the anti piracy measures...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users