URBAN WARFARE: Survival Guide

149 replies to this topic
Alex DeLarge.
  • Alex DeLarge.

Biker Droog.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ Apr 22 2010, 16:03)
I have been practicing for many a moon now !! will just have to keep it up, most of the time I tend to avoid 1 on 1 in the open but in some locations, like the airport you just have to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in ! it just seems i win about half of these encounters yet when fighting in my style I win 90%................. Just thought there might be a little tip I was missing ?

You probably already know this but every little detail can and will help.
Play in 3rd person view that way you can see whats going around you better and its easier to kill people in closer distances.
Also try get used to playing with BASIC AIM and not with the circle and dot reticule, I find it easier to get headshot with it for some reason.
But what is bad about BASIC AIM is you have to constantly change the brightness up and down depending on the weather cause its somtimes hard to see the dot.

And when were talking about 1 on 1 theres only one wrong way to do this and thats walking straight into your opponents range! So I definitely suggest moving side to side. icon14.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Cheers Alex !! tried Basic aim out but its not for me smile.gif what do you mean by 3rd person view ? that is the only view available or have I missed something ?

Alex DeLarge.
  • Alex DeLarge.

Biker Droog.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ May 10 2010, 12:44)
Cheers Alex !! tried Basic aim out but its not for me smile.gif what do you mean by 3rd person view ? that is the only view available or have I missed something ?

Yes true but what I meant was when you aim with your weapon you can change what view you want with the (Back) button. cool.gif icon14.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

I see !! I always use the middle view unless its air combat then I go to the closest wink.gif

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ηDϊtε-

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:17 AM Edited by SICKRAGE, 13 May 2010 - 12:23 AM.

QUOTE (Alex DeLarge. @ May 9 2010, 07:39)
Play in 3rd person view.

Well considering gta is a "3rd person" shooter only,
there isn't a option to play in first person.
All three views (close, medium, far) are in 3rd person.
You can get a first person type view in the close view while aimming.
Cars have the bumper cam which I use for race and flying.
That's as close as it get's to 1st person.
Other then that it's all 3rd person.

Not trying to be a smart ass.
I just don't understand what you mean by
"play in 3rd person view" confused.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

He meant the furthest of the 3rd person views.

What view do you use sick, my preferance is medium for ground battle but I always switch to the closest view (shoulder cam) when taking on orbiting Heli Whores !!

Alex DeLarge.
  • Alex DeLarge.

Biker Droog.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ May 13 2010, 12:07)
He meant the furthest of the 3rd person views.

Yeah thats it but I actually end up using the Medium view the most to be honest! smile.gif

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ηDϊtε-

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

I use medium view too. smile.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

I've just updated the OP with a series of all the Cannonball Run courses.

I've been trying for AWP pretty hard for the last couple of months after I managed to lock off all the chopper courses. I completed "Road" yesterday after changing tactics - no more waiting for hosts to select the course you want - just drop out of the lobby with 1sec remainging, and you'll likely get to host your own race.

Started C'ball Run in earnest and those vids are really helpful, I even managed to get the 150th best time on Pilgrims Progress and I won another 3 courses in one day "WTF?"

The guy who made the vids is called jimbatron (Youtube id) and I've sent him a thank you there

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

Can we post tips for the expansion packs yet? Because i looked in the Gay Tony section and couldn't find an equivalent to this thread.

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ηDϊtε-

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (BeyondRage @ Sep 21 2010, 07:46)
Can we post tips for the expansion packs yet? Because i looked in the Gay Tony section and couldn't find an equivalent to this thread.

You most certainly can icon14.gif

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:06 AM Edited by NemonicLee, 04 November 2010 - 06:08 AM.

Some tips regarding drive-bys and armed defense while driving in your automobile.

- The new control scheme offered for the next gen-consoles (L2 and R2 for accelerate/decelerating & L1 & R1 for braking and firing) is better than the traditional GTA control scheme of driving and shooting. Use it; it is superior.
- When you are being pursued and you are the only driver, drive on the "left" side of the road (actually the right side, facing forward as usual), and DO NOT accelerate so much!
--- Focus more on aiming and firing at your enemies.
--- Use a desert eagle or .44 as your in-car defense weapon, it will kill your enemies quicker. SMGs are better for drive-bys.
--- If you are going to use grenades in order to fight your enemies, make sure you know how to use them and time them correctly! Timing your attacks is very important with grenades. If you do not know how to use them against your enemy, you probably will not be able to hit them very often, if at all.

- If someone is in the car with you, have the driver concentrate on NOT crashing the car and fighting. Have him/her find a way to get the hell out of Dodge.
--- Concentrate your fire at the driver of the car pursuing you first. If you kill him, this will significantly slow down your pursuers and it gives you a chance to get away.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jul 19 2010, 12:50)
I've just updated the OP with a series of all the Cannonball Run courses.

I've been trying for AWP pretty hard for the last couple of months after I managed to lock off all the chopper courses. I completed "Road" yesterday after changing tactics - no more waiting for hosts to select the course you want - just drop out of the lobby with 1sec remainging, and you'll likely get to host your own race.

Started C'ball Run in earnest and those vids are really helpful, I even managed to get the 150th best time on Pilgrims Progress and I won another 3 courses in one day "WTF?"

The guy who made the vids is called jimbatron (Youtube id) and I've sent him a thank you there

Hi II J0SePh X II,

Hopefully I remembered to reply on You Tube but just wanted to call in and say thanks for referencing my videos on the races - always happy to get a few extra views. I'm guessing from your Avatar now you have AWP and congratulations are in order?!

I've been playing Cops and Crooks almost exclusively now and might do some tactics videos for that.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Here is my tutorial on how to cancel a cooked grenade while on foot:

SS-COLDKILLA
  • SS-COLDKILLA

The fallen

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

ive been playing grand thet auto online for about a year now, i have learned alot from my experiences.
if you want to aviod helicopters get to a low bearing bridge right away but if you are not near any protection use the e brake X on playstation and drive under the copter before they can aim their copter at you that buys you at least 15 seconds from no shots and no worries ususally if you can outrun a copter by doing that they leave you alone. if you have an AA-Autoshotgun explosive rounds USE IT it fires faster than the sniper and it causes more damage to copters about the same strength as an explosive round from the annihaltor.

e-braking is alot faster to use and can create better accuracy for turning (sharp corners)

for enemies on your tail if they are ina car let them pass you on the drivers side NEVER the passenger just in case they have c4 then you can use it against themalways aim for their windshield and reset the aim to just a dot not the reticle circle (i find it easier for headshots and better accuracy.

experience is key.

in my fight ive lost about 10-15% of the time using these tactics i hope that it can help you
remember better car better odds guns arent exerything a pistol can destroy a slow car while they outrun you in a better one sly.gif

pyrhhus5
  • pyrhhus5

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

you can get an annihilator in MP TLAD, gain a three star wanted level and fly a helo to the top of the tallest building on the south end of the second island (long, flat roof). just make sure a police helicopter is tracking you. wait until he hovers over the roof and then head shot the pilot.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ric-013 @ Tuesday, Jun 16 2009, 15:47)
general combat tips...learn to do the "chopper undermap" glitch,so you can kill thoses who hide inside buildings.

look at the MANY vids on youtube for a tutorial.

[QUOTE]

to avoid someone underground in a chopper head to a train station that has more than 2 levels. I use the one in south broker, their bullets cant reach you and they are unable to blade you from underneath.

Also pushing up slightly with r3 (ps3) while on a bike, will stop you crashing off when riding over a curb.

you can reach the airport roof from the car park building, simply jump from the second level onto the light blue (glass) footpath covering, follow that over the road then get a running jump onto the roof.

you can gain access to the roof of the firestation at the southern end of the airport by running and jumping up the dumpster ramp.you reach the lower level, then you use the aircon vent to climb onto the roof( this is a great sniper spot as you can see the southern end of the runway and the carpark)

Half the trick to being a good pilot is being able to reach the chopper in the first place. If you can stop someone getting to the heli then do it. If someone is owning the sky then as soon as they lose their chopper make it your mission to stop them reaching another.

Grenades are key when being chased in a vehicle, always stock up to the max and work the timing

fawfaw
  • fawfaw

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (xxxSIDESH0Wxxx @ Saturday, Jun 20 2009, 12:26)
yeah, i've noticed that split second lag when you exit the shooting view, too. but it works for me, no one usually runs me over. but i never use the roll move, usually just jump or turn away. and yeah i agree, if you're good, you'd have killed the driver anyway, but i thought we were giving advice to people who aren't good.

Could you tell me " use the roll move " ?
I don't understand what it means.
My English is poor. Thanks.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (fawfaw @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 12:33)
QUOTE (xxxSIDESH0Wxxx @ Saturday, Jun 20 2009, 12:26)
yeah, i've noticed that split second lag when you exit the shooting view, too. but it works for me, no one usually runs me over. but i never use the roll move, usually just jump or turn away. and yeah i agree, if you're good, you'd have killed the driver anyway, but i thought we were giving advice to people who aren't good.

Could you tell me " use the roll move " ?
I don't understand what it means.
My English is poor. Thanks.

The roll move is when you point your weapon (LT on the X360 or I would guess L2 on the PSleft stick to the side so that your player rolls to one side or the other.

Reeeno
  • Reeeno

Taking down turbo scrubs.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

THIS GUIDE WILL NEVER COME TO USE AGAIN IF TURBO CONTROLLERS AREN'T DEFEATED! FIGHT, MY BROTHER! FIGGGHT!!!!

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Reeeno @ Saturday, Jan 21 2012, 16:31)
THIS GUIDE WILL NEVER COME TO USE AGAIN IF TURBO CONTROLLERS AREN'T DEFEATED! FIGHT, MY BROTHER! FIGGGHT!!!!

panic.gif These are driving me crazy. As well as corner shooters.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Dodge Interceptor @ Sunday, Jun 14 2009, 02:58)
Quote- -If you crouch your blip will disappear, but not from the mini-map (II J0SePh X II)

I dont quite understand. does your blip dissappear on radar or just the big mag you see when you pause? Someone calrify please.

Its not visible on the pause button but it is on the mini radar on the Bottom left corner.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

the crouch to disappear your blip above your head used to work in 2009 but an update last year got rid of that. Changing the blips option in the game setup to near/far will stop your blips showing on the map or radar.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Here's what I hope will be the first of my video guides designed for new players on Cops 'n Crooks. This one focuses on the tried and tested Boss-Heli tactic which keeps the Boss alive until the getaway vehicle can be secured.

dr_killpatient
  • dr_killpatient

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

The best advice i can give people in multiplayer is to always stay cool and realize that you are going to die. The point of multiplayer especially in freemode is to kill the other guy(s) more than you get killed. If you dont control your emotions it will be really easy to get frustrated and rush in half cocked. This usually results in a quick death. That being said, make sure your the one getting other people mad and not the one getting mad. Once you get someone mad at you, they r not thinking straight and they r easier to kill.

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ηDϊtε-

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (dr_killpatient @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 11:35)
The best advice i can give people in multiplayer is to always stay cool and realize that you are going to die.  The point of multiplayer especially in freemode is to kill the other guy(s) more than you get killed.  If you dont control your emotions it will be really easy to get frustrated and rush in half cocked.  This usually results in a quick death.  That being said, make sure your the one getting other people mad and not the one getting mad.  Once you get someone mad at you, they r not thinking straight and they r easier to kill.

Good advise. Except that's DM & TDM advice lol
FM is do what you want mode. Not only killing each other. I use FM for three purposes. To warm up before DM & TDM & Racing & stunting.
Everyone's different and plays FM for whatever... So many modders now days though. Seems that's all people do anymore.. I miss the good ol' days when IV was fresh out and players were still legit. The awesome times we had in this forum will forever have a good memory for me. The epic battles, the sh*t talking, the lolz.. good times indeed.

I imagine it will once again be as epic as it ever was once V is released... YAY!
Well I'm going off topic so I'll end this by saying your advice is good. Staying calm is very very important in the heat of battle. I use the same mentality when I play too. icon14.gif

dr_killpatient
  • dr_killpatient

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (SICKRAGE @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 23:16)
QUOTE (dr_killpatient @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 11:35)
The best advice i can give people in multiplayer is to always stay cool and realize that you are going to die. The point of multiplayer especially in freemode is to kill the other guy(s) more than you get killed. If you dont control your emotions it will be really easy to get frustrated and rush in half cocked. This usually results in a quick death. That being said, make sure your the one getting other people mad and not the one getting mad. Once you get someone mad at you, they r not thinking straight and they r easier to kill.

Good advise. Except that's DM & TDM advice lol
FM is do what you want mode. Not only killing each other. I use FM for three purposes. To warm up before DM & TDM & Racing & stunting.
Everyone's different and plays FM for whatever... So many modders now days though. Seems that's all people do anymore.. I miss the good ol' days when IV was fresh out and players were still legit. The awesome times we had in this forum will forever have a good memory for me. The epic battles, the sh*t talking, the lolz.. good times indeed.

I imagine it will once again be as epic as it ever was once V is released... YAY!
Well I'm going off topic so I'll end this by saying your advice is good. Staying calm is very very important in the heat of battle. I use the same mentality when I play too. icon14.gif

y i guess that advice is better suited 4 dm. i h8 most dm cuz its always just rifles on sum island which is so boring. V will b great though i hope they dont change how u aim significantly that wud blow HEY! no Im off topic 2!!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (dr_killpatient @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:02)

y i guess that advice is better suited 4 dm. i h8 most dm cuz its always just rifles on sum island which is so boring.

That's because the smaller maps have higher frames per second and assault rifles have the biggest recoil. This gives you the biggest advantage if you have a turbo controller.

The best settings to level the playing field against turbos is one of the biggest islands with traffic and pedestrians on, and powerful weapons.

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

If theres a Buzzard spammer on TBOGT either just leave or hide in the car park. I sometimes enjoy the latter because its got a really fun survival element and it usually pisses off the guy in the heli.

TakeADirtNap
  • TakeADirtNap

Smoking a joint while im smoking you, B*tch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:54 AM

Rapid fire sniper glitch on ps3....... I'm not saying no one knows this glitch but I never seen anyone else use this in multiplayer. This glitch works best with the explosive sniper, Right after you start to fire rapidly crouch and you empty a clip in seconds. I use this for helicopter pussys especially.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users