Of course, there`s always going to be someone faster on the trigger than you, or a better driver, and we can`t help you with that, but if we can help you stand up to a turbo-noob we`ll be happy.
Credit to all those who`ve contributed (thank you).
Tactic: In a match with assault rifles, when ever running. Switch weapon to knife or fist, to run quicker. This works great in a begining of a TDM match when everyone scrambles for the armor or Carbine. If on ps3 remember to hold L1 and push up on the D Pad to switch right back to AK-47 or M4 quickly. Quick running can also allow you to catch someone thats running away, if they run with gun equipt.
- Quick switch
The quick switch is a useful tool, and is the way around having to cycle through your weapons.
Just hold L1 and push a different direction on D-pad to jump to different weapon types.
L1/LB+up= Smg, assault rifles
L1/LB+Right= grenades, molotovs
L1/LB+down= Shotguns (SICKRAGE)
- if a car is coming on to you, stay in the shooting view and move to the side, it cuts out that little lag you get when you leave the shooting view and try to run. (Arcturus)
-If you crouch your blip will disappear, but not from the mini-map (II J0SePh X II)
-dont hold the trigger to long, tap it to avoid recoil (Alex DeLarge)
-a headshot takes all but one bar of health, and cannot be defended by armour (Alex DeLarge)
-quick 180=click and hold r analogue then pull R2/RT to aim weapon at the same time (SICKRAGE)
-crouching shrinks the aiming reticule making shots more acurate (Indi)
- on level ground the aim snaps to head level (Mae King Fuch)
*Rapid-fire Shotgun Glitch*
-In cover, you can go from micro-smg or smg, to to shotgun and still retain the rate of fire of the smg. Simply press right on the d-pad as you are emptying the clip. Note; this only works when shooting forwards, you can`t blind-fire or `look-and-shoot` It will work for which ever weapon is either side of the smg(II J0SePh II, SICKRAGE, XFORGIVENESSX)
-when using a shotgun at close quarters, aim for the chest for an instant kill, it`s more effective than a headshot (Booze T)
*No Blip Above Your Car Glitch*
when entering a car, go into cover at the door (RB), then quickly hit Y to enter the car. (II J0SePh X II)
Anti-air tactics: (BoozeT)
-menu>display>weapons target changes target to small dot for better headshots (Indi)
-crouching makes you a sitting duck (SICKRAGE)
Team Mafiya Work:
Cops `n` Crooks:
-turn sirens off and don`t shoot for surprise attacks (MrZnyper)
Car Jack City:
Team Car Jack City:
Car control: (PS3)
While car is in the air, hold the X button and move the left analog stick in the direction you want to turn the car.
This has saved me from crash landing alot Which can make the difference between a WIN or a LOSE.
ALSO: I'm pretty sure this will work on all platforms, just not sure what button you would push. (X-BOX, PC)
This isn't just a race trick, but anytime your car is in the air. some people just let off the gas before going airborne and when landing, and that also works, but you lose speed. NOT GOOD (SICKRAGE)
(special thanks to Boorens18)
Added: as requested here are the best cars for each vehical type in race.
Muscle: Sabre GT
2 Door: Ruiner
4 Door: Sultan
Executive: Cognoscenti has higher top speed, PMP 600 has quicker acceleration.
Police: FIB Buffalo
People Carrier: Rebla has higher top speed, Habanero has quicker acceleration.
SUV: Huntley Sport
Trucks: Fire Truck
Motorcycles: NRG 900
Helicopters: Annihilator ([email protected])
Cannonball Run ('How to' videos)
Long Way Round
Get It Pumped
In The Drink
- If there is a large group of racers and more than 4 laps, try staying behind the pack. There will most likely be a lot of crashes and you can just pass all the cars.
- If your in a race in which you start off with large vehicles, at the beginning of the race get out and find a car. You'll have a better chance of catching up and beating most of the larger/slower trucks. (TheKid[DriftKING])
-Desert Eagle is always better than the 9
-Shooting out tires is easer than headshots
-You don't have to stick to the course. I a griefer is blocking the road, go around, just make sure to find a way to pick up the checkpoint. This usually involves taking the next block and coming back. Driving while high, Star Junction, ant the airport are some bad tracks for this, but there is all ways another way around.
-Use traffic to your advantage.
-You can always drive on the sidewalk!
-Try to make it to the health if its close by, even if your car is on fire!
-If you have to jump out, watch out for traffic/parked cars, telephone poles, and other racers.
-There is this thing called brakes, use them. Another trick is just letting off the gas. This is useful on sharp corners.
-Have grenades and tailgaters? No problem. The first or second beep should do it. Just don't wait for three beeps!
-If the car ahead of you had grenades, stay to the right/passenger side of him.
-Be aware of the weather. Rain and muscle cars are a bad mix.
-Try sticking to the road, hopping the curb does funny things to the car's handling. Esp. true for bikes (Spaghetti Cat)
- There are 12 bikers on the bottom (ground). There are 3 guys to the right, another 3 that will either approach via the same direction, sneak around the back and occasionally, if the heli gets to the spot first, start up the steps. The other 6 guys come running from over by the water.
- There are 8 on the next floor up, on the floor marked "2" (in the US we call it the second floor, but the UK/Aussie/South Africa/NZ people call it the first floor), including the guy on the outside catwalk.
- Next floor up, the one markes "3", there are 7 or 8 guys (I forget which, but it shouldn't matter on this floor)
- Next floor up, the floor marked "4 ", there are 6 bikers.
- THERE ARE NO BIKERS ON THE FLOOR MARKED 5!!! <-- remember this, I see people waste time looking for guys to shoot here
- Next floor up, the floor marked "6", there are 3 bikers.
- Top floor, there are 4 bikers.
- RPG SPAWNS: Second level blue catwalk just to the right of the structure when you pull up.
- There are 2 RPG's on the 4th floor. Both are in the center of the floor. One is easy to see from the back yellow steps when you reach that floor, it's behind the guy closest to the water on that floor, next to the health. There is also another RPG located towards the front end of the structure, tucked away in the middle.
- There are 2 RPG's on the 5th floor. Both are close to the steps on the front end of the structure (the end you pull up to). One just to the left of the steps, one just to the right of the steps and a little forward.
- there`s a health pack on every level of the structure (SuperJude)
Bomb da Base II:
$4500 (hard) (AlexDeLarge)
I`ve got loads of tips and tactics, but many are such common knowledge that I`ll let others take credit. I`ll probably cut and paste your suggestions in but if a simpler/clearer explanation comes along, I`ll update and you`ll still get credit.
I`ll add more sections or sub-sections as they roll in. You can also say any ideas you have for the lay out, I can always change it, no problem. I`ve started the ball rolling with one of the most well known tips, but nothing is too simple or complex to be added.
Edited by II J0SePh X II, 19 July 2010 - 12:35 PM.