Quantcast

» «
Photo

National Football League

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,228 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favorite team? (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favorite team?

1. Arizona Cardinals (2 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

2. Atlanta Falcons (2 votes [1.03%])

3. Baltimore Ravens (5 votes [2.58%])

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

4. Buffalo Bills (2 votes [1.03%])

5. Carolina Panthers (1 votes [0.52%])

Percentage of vote: 0.52%

6. Chicago Bears (6 votes [3.09%])

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

7. Cincinnati Bengals (5 votes [2.58%])

8. Cleveland Browns (1 votes [0.52%])

9. Dallas Cowboys (14 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

10. Denver Broncos (7 votes [3.61%])

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

11. Detroit Lions (3 votes [1.55%])

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

12. Green Bay Packers (18 votes [9.28%])

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

13. Houston Texans (1 votes [0.52%])

14. Indianapolis Colts (9 votes [4.64%])

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

15. Jacksonville Jaguers (1 votes [0.52%])

16. Kansas City Chiefs (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

17. Miami Dolphins (5 votes [2.58%])

18. Minnesota Vikings (13 votes [6.70%])

Percentage of vote: 6.70%

19. New England Patriots (15 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

20. New Orleans Saints (7 votes [3.61%])

21. New York Giants (16 votes [8.25%])

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

22. New York Jets (5 votes [2.58%])

23. Oakland Raiders (4 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (10 votes [5.15%])

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

25. Philadelphia Eagles (7 votes [3.61%])

26. St. Louis Rams (1 votes [0.52%])

27. San Diego Chargers (5 votes [2.58%])

28. San Francisco 49ers (10 votes [5.15%])

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

29. Seattle Seahawks (7 votes [3.61%])

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4 votes [2.06%])

31. Tennessee Titans (4 votes [2.06%])

32. Washington Redskins (4 votes [2.06%])

Vote
gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Jul 19 2009, 11:53)
Saints are in the same boat as the Texans, crap defense, great offense..........just need to get that defense better.

That's why the Saints spent all but one of their 2009 draft picks on defensive players. wink.gif

The Saints will not win the NFC South this season. The division is a good division, however, I see it being won by either the Falcons or the Panthers.

The Panthers have an incredible running game with Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. Williams really came into his own last season and Stewart will only get better with more experience. That running game coupled with a good pass rush and improving secondary will spell out success for the Panthers. The only things I'm skeptical of, and they are key things, are the wide receivers and the quarterback. Delhomme is ok, but he's not a superstar quarterback who will put up great numbers and carry the team. He's a gunslinger. The receivers? Steve Smith is great when healthy and not on suspension. After Smith who is there? Mushin Muhammad is 36 and nowhere near as effective as he was 5 years ago. Dwayne Jarrett? We really don't know what he can do because he missed a lot of the season last year, but even then, I don't see him as a number one receiver, or even anybody who can realistically take coverage away from Steve Smith. Those are the only things that worry me about the Panthers.

The Falcons have a very good offense and it got better this offseason with the addition of Tony Gonzalez. Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood make for a good combination of running backs. Turner, obviously the number one, is very good all around, hee's fast, quick, and has the power to knock over corners and safeties. Then Norwood is plain fast. At the combine he ran a 4.32 40 yard dash, Darren McFadden ran the same official 40 time (his unofficial time was 4.28). They too have a good pass rush and improving secondary and much like with the Panthers I'm skeptical of their receivers. I honestly have little faith in Roddy White. He did have a very good year in 2008, being named to the Pro Bowl, and from 2007 through 2008 he caught over 2,500 yards. However, there's just something that I don't like. We'll have to see this season when he more than likely shows me up. tounge.gif

Two very evenly matched teams in my opinion. As of right now, it's too difficult to decide the division winner.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

I apologize for the double post, however, this is some big news, especially for me.

NFL Draft expanded to 3 Days

Roger Goodell has moved the NFL Draft from Saturday and Sunday to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. That really pisses me off. This hurts the fans that enjoy going to the NFL Draft. I go on Saturday and Sunday and spend the whole weekend in Radio City. Next year I won't be able to do that because it's during the week. I'm usually home from college by the weekend of the Draft, however, Goodell moving it back just those 2 days makes it so I won't be able to attend. This may help TV ratings but, if you ask me, it will not make the die hard NFL Draft goers happy. Roger Goodell is, in my opinion, ruining all aspects of the NFL in the name of higher profits. The NFL Draft is an event that I look forward to every year, but now I'll unfortunately not be able to attend because of that clown wanting prime time exposure.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

Am I too late? I skimmed this thread and didn't see an 'its over' post.

This is the first year I am not doing fantasy ball with my normal work league.

I grew up with Philadelphia Eagles season tickets dating back to when they first offered them at Franklin Field - I threw snowballs at Santa and all at the Vet - I enjoy the Link So, you know I am part of football.

[email protected] if im not too late

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Jul 24 2009, 00:11)
I apologize for the double post, however, this is some big news, especially for me.

Roger Goodell has moved the NFL Draft from Saturday and Sunday to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. That really pisses me off. This hurts the fans that enjoy going to the NFL Draft. I go on Saturday and Sunday and spend the whole weekend in Radio City. Next year I won't be able to do that because it's during the week. I'm usually home from college by the weekend of the Draft, however, Goodell moving it back just those 2 days makes it so I won't be able to attend. This may help TV ratings but, if you ask me, it will not make the die hard NFL Draft goers happy. Roger Goodell is, in my opinion, ruining all aspects of the NFL in the name of higher profits. The NFL Draft is an event that I look forward to every year, but now I'll unfortunately not be able to attend because of that clown wanting prime time exposure.

Just dont go to school for those two days, im pretty sure that two days out of your education isnt going to harm you all that much. Plus i think your overreacting by saying Goodell is ruining the NFL, his ideas are going to please everyone but if he feels its right for the NFL, then thats good, right?

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:20 PM Edited by gta_player5, 24 July 2009 - 02:43 PM.

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:56)
QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Jul 24 2009, 00:11)

Just dont go to school for those two days, im pretty sure that two days out of your education isnt going to harm you all that much. Plus i think your overreacting by saying Goodell is ruining the NFL, his ideas are going to please everyone but if he feels its right for the NFL, then thats good, right?

I can't do that. I go to college in Florida, I live in New York, right where the Draft is held.

Thousands of people have draft parties the day of the draft. They have a barbeques while the draft is on Saturday. This is easily the second biggest event for the NFL's fans. I don't know if it's televised in England, but the fans of the NFL love this event and when it is held. If you read on ESPN or on NFL.com the fans are not at all happy with this decision because it takes away from the fans having these parties and it also starts the draft while the West coast, like California and Seattle, are still at work. Since it starts at 7:30 PM EST, it will take place at 4:30 PST while many get out of work after 5 PM. Also, moving it to Thursday and Friday at these times, also hinders anybody from outside the greater New York area from attending as people have to work the next day. This is just a bad idea all around.

Goodell is making the NFL into a profit first, fans last organization. This is clearly evident by this move, and also by having NFL games outside of the United States. That angers season ticket holders because they lose one home game for their team. Though it may not seem like much, it truly is, especially since there are so few games. Also, Goodell was quoted in saying that years from now the NFL may crown a Super Bowl champion overseas, possibly in London. No offense to any fans in England, Australia, or anywhere else outside of the US, but this game does not need to be international, it does just fine with profits with the fans it has in the US. He is making the NFL into a profit grabbing organization that clearly does not make any considerations about its own fan base.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Amen Gta, that was good.

I live too far to go to one, but my first draft I sat on a computer all day, talking on formus, watching some draft tracker.

I spent 5 hours doing that, and I loved it, I can still do it, cause I will have the summer off, since I am in highschool. Tho' when I do get a job I won't be able to do that.

[email protected] biggrin.gif

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

I agree with you gta_player5, i forgot about the time zones over there in America as we only have one time zone here. And i do agree with you about not having the Superbowl in London, as much as i would love to have it in this country it just wouldnt feel right and something that i believe should always stay in the US. I mean as many NFL fans as we have here its nothing compared to you guys and what Superbowl means there.
But im being nit picky and i realise you havent mentioned it but i would love it if Roger Goodell changed the name when teams win the Superowl they call the the World Champs. Errr no your the American champs not Worldwide champs that pisses me off. Thats my little rant for today. biggrin.gif

Mihai
  • Mihai

Stealth Falcon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

gta_player5 speaks the truth.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

I didn't want to do one of those RIP threads, so I figured this was a good place for this

I've spent my whole life as an Eagles fan. 40+ years. I hope the rest of the league feels the pain we do here in phila at the passing of the great Jim Johnson.

See ya later Jim - be good

thatsoccerguy
  • thatsoccerguy

Eh

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (tripmills @ Jul 29 2009, 16:48)
I didn't want to do one of those RIP threads, so I figured this was a good place for this

I've spent my whole life as an Eagles fan. 40+ years. I hope the rest of the league feels the pain we do here in phila at the passing of the great Jim Johnson.

Whoa, that's upsetting.

As a Cowboys fan, I have always looked at the opposite sideline and hated that man, but out of pure respect. The way that man ran a defense was amazing.

RIP Jim

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (thatsoccerguy @ Jul 29 2009, 16:53)
QUOTE (tripmills @ Jul 29 2009, 16:48)

I've spent my whole life as an Eagles fan. 40+ years.  I hope the rest of the league feels the pain we do here in phila at the passing of the great Jim Johnson.

Whoa, that's upsetting.

As a Cowboys fan, I have always looked at the opposite sideline and hated that man, but out of pure respect. The way that man ran a defense was amazing.

RIP Jim

you know when a Cowboys fan speaks positive about an Eagles player or coach - that is saying something biggrin.gif

Sean McDermott, has some big shoes to fill. He was under JJ's tutelage, and if you look at some of the other coaches that JJ taught - that isn't a bad place to learn. He says he will honor JJ with the D we have come to know, love, and expect in this city.

I'm ultra superstitious(like most phila fans), so I don't say much or ever make any predictions, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the D play with even more heart this year. Too bad Dawkins isn't here - he would have played his heart out to honor JJ

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Yeah sad to hear about Jim Johnson, R.I.P

Mihai
  • Mihai

Stealth Falcon

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

R.I.P. Jim Johnson, one of the best defensive coaches ever.

Scifen
  • Scifen

✞☐Δ

• The Connection

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:45 AM

Vick was reinstated and might be signing with a team soon?

They say he would start playing by week 6. panic.gif

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Scifen @ Jul 31 2009, 04:45)

Yeah, maybe he can join with the texans, and be a back up to Matt Schaub. biggrin.gif

If you get the joke, then cookie.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Scifen @ Jul 31 2009, 04:45)

The Pats are thinkink about him. I just heard that like 20 minutes ago. True.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:17 PM Edited by tripmills, 31 July 2009 - 05:19 PM.

sorry double post. My crazy phone decided to cache my last post and post it again without me knowing

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Also rumors Vick might be joing the Seahawks, and Jim Mora is the HC there and they worked alot togheter in Atlanta so it may be a good fit.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

Anyone watching the Hall of Fame induction?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Bump

Okay, so the Pick'em is up. http://football.fant...hoo.com/pickem/

ID 11617
Password is the same as the FFL

I'm not sure if any other old timers are going to come join, so whoever pmed me before. Do so again. icon14.gif

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Aug 9 2009, 03:38)
Anyone watching the Hall of Fame induction?

Nah i watched the highlights of the cereomony though.

Plus watched the first quarter of the game and it was decent enough, good to see football back although it isnt the regular season so im not over hyped yet.

Tobias Fünke
  • Tobias Fünke

Mister Fister

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:35 AM

Vick Signed with the Eagles.

This is perfect for him. Now when he gets booed, he can use the excuse that He is in Philly. I wonder who is going to get booed more, VicK or McNabb.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Tobias Fünke @ Aug 14 2009, 05:35)
Vick Signed with the Eagles.

This is perfect for him. Now when he gets booed, he can use the excuse that He is in Philly. I wonder who is going to get booed more, VicK or McNabb.

I'm philadelphia born and bread. I can tell you that the bulk of us are not happy.

Forget boos. We throw stuff. Now they are going to be frisking us for dog bisquets when we enter games

Tobias Fünke
  • Tobias Fünke

Mister Fister

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:32 PM Edited by Tobias Fünke, 14 August 2009 - 02:39 PM.

QUOTE (tripmills @ Aug 14 2009, 12:48)

Forget boos. We throw stuff. Now they are going to be frisking us for dog bisquets when we enter games

You Philly fans are assholes, like real assholes.

Anyways, I was hoping (not that it was going to happen) that the Browns would sign Vick, just for the irony.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

I personally wont be watching or partaking in anything dealing with the NFL until Michael Vick is no longer playing. It goes to show that the power of fame and money can get you though anything. I can only imagine the protest, and how the fans feel in Philly about this.

With that said, I hope the Cowboys do well.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Aug 14 2009, 15:33)
I personally wont be watching or partaking in anything dealing with the NFL until Michael Vick is no longer playing. It goes to show that the power of fame and money can get you though anything. I can only imagine the protest, and how the fans feel in Philly about this.

Philly fans seem split. More people are pissed off then not.

Its hard to get any work done today because it is the talk of the town around here.

Oh and not all of us phila fans are assholes. We do take our sports very serious though. Tobias you sound like one of those people that don't live in a sports town and just bandwagon whatever team you like the look of their jersey

Tobias Fünke
  • Tobias Fünke

Mister Fister

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (tripmills @ Aug 14 2009, 17:16)

Oh and not all of us phila fans are assholes.

Philly has the worst fans in America though. I hate Micheal Irvine and the Cowboys in general, but cheering when he suffered his neck injury was defiantly a douche bag move. And so was placing a bounty on a players and this.

Not all Philly fans are assholes, but some of you guys sure don't seem to show it.

Mihai
  • Mihai

Stealth Falcon

• Members

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Aug 14 2009, 11:33)

lmfaoooo grow a pair

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Aug 14 2009, 07:33)

i hope that the league will be able to survive your boycott.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Mihai @ Aug 14 2009, 12:45)
QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Aug 14 2009, 11:33)

lmfaoooo grow a pair

lmfaoooo you think it's ok for a felon to play a professional sport that kids idolize.
grow a pair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users