Quantcast

» «
Photo

Manana with a dead guy in the back!

15 replies to this topic
Autocide101
  • Autocide101

My PC has a 'BAN' button, it just dosent work...

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:34 PM Edited by Autocide101, 08 June 2009 - 11:36 PM.

During the mission 'Dead Skunk In The Trunk' you have to take a Manana
with a dead guy in the back to the car crusher in Harwood. i wanted to keep it as a trophy, well i drove it back to my safe house, put it in my garage then killed myself to fail the mission. well when i went back to my Safehouse it was gone!!!!! i was confused confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif then i tried again after i got 30 hidden packages(BTW getting 30 hidden packages you get Grenades at your safehouses) well i parked the Manana half way in the garage and tosed a grenade in front of it, and boom! the Manana went into the garage, and failed the mission because the Manana was wrecked. then when i walked over to my garage it was in there! with the dead guy still in the back!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif yay!

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

That's pretty normal, AFAIK you can't save cars in garage during mission.

Autocide101
  • Autocide101

My PC has a 'BAN' button, it just dosent work...

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Yeah i guess its pretty normal, just wanted to tell people that its possible to keep thats all

cod fh rules
  • cod fh rules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

cool, dus it still piss blood out everywere you drive?

liam.
  • liam.

Non-Stop Pop FM & Mirror Park Radio <3

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Sounds neat. I'll have to try this out, icon14.gif .

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Interesting find, i tried it with the ice-cream truck, as it's needed for the export missions.

Turned out it didn't stay in the safehouse, as yojo2 says.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

has been known for about 8 years but well done?

tanslec
  • tanslec

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

this sounds great, havnt been to gta 3 LC in a long time though, but been doing plenty of LCstories

James_Earl_Cash
  • James_Earl_Cash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

That's how you keep any special vehicles in GTA3. It's a standard method. Well done for finding it out though smile.gif

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

A better method is to take it over to SSV's garage, so you aren't occupying the sole garage space for Portland just to keep a vehicle that isn't particularly useful. This can easily be accomplished (without cheating) before the bridge is even repaired:

At the start of the mission, wipe out the Forelli brothers however you choose - sneaking around back works well. Go get the Manana and drive it to the North end of Portland (park it between two of the lamp posts, facing the water). The mission is still in progress, which keeps the car from being erased as you do the next step...
Go get an ambulance, and bring it to the mouth of the Porter tunnel. A blue barrier prevents you from using the tunnel, but you can still spin around and back the ambulance up onto the sidewalk inside the tunnel. Get out, and jump onto the ambulance's hood - then run up onto the rear section. You should be poking though the tunnel ceiling...and jumping toward the tunnel center should cause you to fall onto the top of the tunnel itself (you can easily jump over the blue barrier now).
Run on top of the tunnel over to Staunton, then fall off the tunnel into "blue hell". You reappear at ground level losing 5 health points. Go South to the docks and collect a fishing boat.
Take the fishing boat to where the Manana is parked. Spin so that you are facing Staunton, and back up to the cement wall. Exit and step off the fishing boat so that you touch the cement wall as you fall into the water. The game should respawn you at ground level (because the water surface is so close to ground level). Get in the Manana and drive it right into the back of the fishing boat...and use the car to "drive" the boat straight West over to Staunton. The car and boat will accumulate a bit of damage as you do this, but the trip is less than a minute away. Also...because the car sinks into the cradle of the boat, you should get the "mission failed" message someplace en route. No big deal...just keep heading straight toward the flat shoreline area just North of the red girder bridge at Ft. Staunton.
When you get there, "steer" the car (and subsequently, the boat) so that you are right up alongside the shoreline facing North. Reverse the car slightly so it begins to slide out of the boat. Exit before it does so. You will fall though the boat and respawn on the shore. As the car tumbles into the water, get close to the boat and press the button to enter it. Circling around to the passenger side of the car, reverse the flat rear portion of the boat to push the car up onto shore. Then just get in and drive it through the tunnel to Wichita Gardens (this part of the tunnel is not blocked while Callahan bridge is still wrecked).

This really works well if you are trying to keep as many unique vehicles as you can.

@cod fh rules:
No, the car only "bleeds" during the mission. The dead body and blood splotches remain in the trunk, tho.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:00 PM Edited by pomor, 01 October 2011 - 08:54 PM.

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Wednesday, Dec 1 2010, 02:02)
Get in the Manana and drive it right into the back of the fishing boat...

I run into a trouble at this place. Did you actually tried it with Manana, or your post was just based on your experience with other cars. I mean, somewhat earlier I have used your method to get Teal Kuruma into Shoreside. But Manana seems too short, weirdly balanced, or whatever, because it keeps landing on it's roof, when I drive it onto the Reefer.
I am using Dodo to get to Stauton, instead of Ambulance glitch, but that shoud be of no consequence...

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Sorry for my outburst, Nukey Shay, it is not as if I doubted your word, I was just frustrated. As a fellow GTA's rare cars collector, you may be familiar with this feeling wink.gif

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Certian short cars have problems (like the Cheetah), but the Manana isn't one of them...I've driven it into the boat and across the water many times. Your point about using a Dodo is a good one, but that is assuming that the player has already completed the Portland garage to make them available there. Using an ambulance requires no prep work wink.gif

The part that I find frustrating is walking from the boat into the water at the Porter tunnel pier. You have about 50/50 odds of drowning instead of respawning.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Very, very old news, I knew that before I got GTA III,
When I was obtaining Spand Express in GTA Vice City.

Oh and BTW, congratulations pomor, you bumped a one year old topic!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Oct 2 2011, 14:42)
Very, very old news, I knew that before I got GTA III,
When I was obtaining Spand Express in GTA Vice City.

9 months, but still...

And do you mean, you were shipping Spand Express across the bay to Hyman Condo?

P.S. I really found this topic useful because I found out that if your fail the mission by getting busted/wasted rather than simply destroying the vehicle, the vehicle in question does not remain in the garage.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Sunday, Oct 2 2011, 11:09)
Certian short cars have problems (like the Cheetah), but the Manana isn't one of them...I've driven it into the boat and across the water many times.  Your point about using a Dodo is a good one, but that is assuming that the player has already completed the Portland garage to make them available there.  Using an ambulance requires no prep work wink.gif

The part that I find frustrating is walking from the boat into the water at the Porter tunnel pier.  You have about 50/50 odds of drowning instead of respawning.

I found out that Manana requires slightly different technique, to land it onto Reefer. It needs to be done more slowly, then with Kuruma.

As for drowning, I was leaving my car on pier just opposite of the landing spot, accross the lawn there is Boragine taxi. In this spot the pier is much lower, closer to the water level, and I had had 100% success rate in regards to respawning on pier.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

According to the Moderators, it is OK to Bump old topics as long as you have something substantial to add to it, it is NOT OK however to bump an old topic with just a one word/off topic post...and since GTA III is a 10 year old game, pretty much all topics in this section are going to be old as compared to SA and IV/EFLC forums..Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

But, OT, Good job on the topic..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users