308 replies to this topic
BLTZKRG
  • BLTZKRG

Be polite. Be efficient.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Dec 20 2009, 15:38)
user posted image

Is that the final boxart of Conviction? Or Ubisoft will change it before the game release?
I'll put this game into my next year's shopping cart along with Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption. I'm very curious about Fisher's story. Is Lambert still alive? What happen with 3rd Echelon? Etc. For the gameplay itself, no doubt.. I'm gonna consider this game as one of the best stealth-action game ever made.

I sure hope they change it to something more sleek-looking.

It just reminds me of those awful Mission Impossible posters. eeew.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

New Splinter Cell: Conviction Screenshot Confirms Split Screen Co-Op

user posted image

Ubisoft posted new gameplay screenshot on Splinter Cell: Conviction’s Facebook page, confirming that the game will feature Split Screen Co-Op. The caption under the image reads:  “coop mode split screen confirmed!”.

No. That's not the final boxart. That's an old one. The new one at the moment is this one :

user posted image

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

It's great that this game will have split-screen, too many games are ditching offline in favour of online modes (I mean, why couldn't Pure of all game had split-screen?).

And that latest boxart/poster/whatever it is looks terrible.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Jan 13 2010, 18:41)
New Splinter Cell: Conviction Screenshot Confirms Split Screen Co-Op

user posted image

No. That's not the final boxart. That's an old one. The new one at the moment is this one :

user posted image

Hmm.. weird, the graphics looks better in E3 Splinter Cell first impression. Why this one looks like Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory? dontgetit.gif

And yes, I agree, the latest boxart looks ugly, with no perspective and looks too simple.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

Or this one, that will be I think the final, cuz has the two CO-OP characters.

user posted image

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

The game has been delayed again and is now set for an April 2010 release.

F*cking sick of games getting delayed, stop giving us dates if you can't finish the game on time or end up pussying out because there are other big titles out around the same time.

mad.gif

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:50 PM Edited by -Kajun-, 13 January 2010 - 08:57 PM.

f*ck that. I was really looking forward to that February release.

Also, I want the Collector's Edition, too bad I can't get it since they're not releasing it in North America.

Ubisoft is really getting on my nerves.

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

f*ck I want that so bad but it doesn't come out until at least April ;-;

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:49 AM

Delayed again? Man they've been putting this game on hold since 07. Guess they really wanna polish it up.

Although personally I welcome this, I have a lot of games to catch up on anyways.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:09 PM Edited by Blackadder., 14 January 2010 - 02:11 PM.

Delays do indeed suck, but it's better than a developer patching the game it's entire lifespan (Gears of War 2, GTA IV PC etc).

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:13 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 14 January 2010 - 02:27 PM.

I'm kinda relieved. With Mass Effect 2 coming out this month I'll be more then overwhelmed. Well, I hope so anyway. And I agree with the rest of you. A finished product is a better solution. I hate to have to wait for patches all the time.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, it's also good in my view. Mass Effect 2 soon, which'll keep me occupied for a while, then BioShock 2 and Aliens v Predator in February.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Well I have a nother news

Splinter Cell: Conviction Rated Mature – Features ‘Sexual Themes’

The ESRB has given Splinter Cell: Conviction Mature rating for featuring Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes and Strong Language.

The description for the games reads:

This is an action game/third-person shooter in which players assume the role of Sam Fisher, a former secret agent who has returned to Washington DC to seek the truth behind his daughter’s death. Players track down and interrogate suspects, complete various espionage missions, engage in frenetic gun fights, and perform stealth moves against enemies. While players use pistols, shotguns, sniper rifles, and grenades to kill enemies, stealth combat represents the largest component of gameplay: sneaking up on enemies and breaking their necks, throwing them out of windows, slamming their heads into objects (e.g., mirror, furniture, doors), etc. Most injuries and deaths result in blood spray, splatter effects, walls and floors stained with the red streaks.

The most intense instances of violence occur during character interrogations, sequences in which Sam Fischer (sometimes another spy) questions enemies to obtain valuable information: some characters are grabbed by the throat, pinned to walls and tree stumps, threatened at gun point; information can also be obtained with the aid of environmental objects—windows, urinals, piano keys, and electric heaters; a co-op mission depicts a spy slamming a soldier onto a burning stove top; and at least one interrogation scene depicts the protagonist shooting a villain in the leg, kneecaps, or head. Thus the violence accounts for the Mature rating and the Intense Violence descriptor (the strongest descriptor at M for violent content).

During the course of the game, players can encounter exotic dancers dressed in lingerie—some passed out on beds, others performing on stage in front of mobsters; references to sex can be heard in the dialogue (e.g., “trafficking . . . young girls,” “pay[ing] for an hour with an American girl,” and “passed out hookers”)—factors for the Sexual Themes descriptor rather than the Mature rating. Other pertinent content in the game includes strong language (e.g., “f**k,” “c*cksucker,” and “a*shole”) and references to drugs (e.g., “he’s coked up and freaking out”; “transporting a ton of poppy every month”; more lines about the drug trade; “blow,” “oxycontin,” “tranks”).

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

Well it seems Ubisoft are going all out to show Sam Fisher's downward spiral. Not sure how many will be pleased by the radically more mature turn.

Has this been rated in Australia yet? Knowing the OFLC they'll ban it because of the torture scenes. sneaky2.gif

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

Wow! Nice find Blitz! This game is way too brutal than the previous predecessors, this gonna be fun. It looks more realistic, many possibilities of injuries can happen. Hope you Aussies can get it too without the game being banned or censored like Left 4 Dead 2. Because if it banned it's gonna be awful, waiting for almost 3 years for this game but ended up banned, I will surely on rage.

Vercetti21
  • Vercetti21

V21

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:07 AM

Reminds me of Taken... I'm pumped.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

Maybe that's why the games have been delayed. Maybe they will cut some things over and over again. For every version of EU, AUS and US they need time. dozingoff.gif

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Jan 15 2010, 17:30)
Maybe that's why the games have been delayed. Maybe they will cut some things over and over again. For every version of EU, AUS and US they need time. dozingoff.gif

I hope they won't cut anything for US version, since we got games supply from there. More violence more realistic, more fun! biggrin.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Don't think that latest art looks ugly. It shows Fisher is finally fed up and pitched against his former employers, and their agents. I like.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

The main thing it does is remind me of that disaster of a film.

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Another game gets delayed. How refreshing!
I have waited this since Double Agent. But if this means that this game is going to be better because of the delay then I'm all for it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

God, this game has been delayed so many times. At least there is a good chance this is the last one.

I'm actually playing through the previous games, and the original game is a bit rough. Now I guess I can take my time.

Lemus
  • Lemus

nah son.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

Any chance this game will come out for the PS3? I'm looking forward to getting a PS3 in April, but if this game stays for Xbox 360 and PC, I know I'll be missing out. sad.gif

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Lemus @ Feb 7 2010, 06:03)
Any chance this game will come out for the PS3? I'm looking forward to getting a PS3 in April, but if this game stays for Xbox 360 and PC, I know I'll be missing out. sad.gif

Meh i dont know
The box art (newest edition) i saw in GameStop and in Gameinformer *march dont have the XBOX ONLY thingy on it
So maybe
Anyway i preordered it and am gonna get a bad ass shotgun

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Chinatown Wars @ Feb 7 2010, 15:10)
dont have the XBOX ONLY thingy on it
So maybe

Probably because it's coming out on PC too. All I know is that if it does come to PS3, it's not going to be for a while, Microsoft has probably got it on a timed exclusive for a year after release, but at this rate that clock may never start.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

if haze comes to 360 then conviction might, but until then no its not coming to ps3.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Roastyleg @ Feb 11 2010, 04:35)
if haze comes to 360 then conviction might, but until then no its not coming to ps3.

Why would they take the time to port haze to the 360? That game is terrible.

Anyways, I've been hearing that there will be no versus mode (Mercs V.S. Spy) in conviction. Anyone know if it's true?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Feb 11 2010, 18:06)
Anyways, I've been hearing that there will be no versus mode (Mercs V.S. Spy) in conviction. Anyone know if it's true?

Yep it's true, a Ubisoft developer said on their forums. To bad really as that mode was pretty good and i had some good moments with friends in that game mode. Although we'll be missing out on that mode, at least we've got a nice co-op campaign mode.

It seems buying this will also net you a beta access for the online mode of the new Ghost Recon title.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

Did anyone notice he looks like makarov (MW2)?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

New 'Against All Odds' gameplay footage from the X10 event;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users