308 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Blizzard14 @ May 13 2010, 07:02)
I've also only played Pandora Tomorrow on the Xbox, but a friend of mine says that the storyline differs a bit between consoles and PC.
Is this true?

It's basically the same. There are some different cinematics and maybe a few different things in level design but nothing major. It really doesn't matter if you get it on PC or a console. I have every SC (not Conviction of course) for both PC and PS2 and the only one completely different is Double Agent.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

I finished the co-op story the other day and it wasn't to bad, even though it only had 4 levels they were quite long, it was a shame that like the singleplayer story mode most of the co-op story had far to many straight combat encounters and not enough stealth for my liking. It was a nice little prequel to the main story but ended up being a waste of time anyway seeing as both of you bloody die tounge.gif .

QUOTE (Daz @ May 9 2010, 20:09)
I just finaly bothered to finish that Last stand crap on realistic.

About 3 of those maps are pretty fun, the rest SUCK ARSE. Just tedius boring annoying crap.

The only way its manageable is just throwing loads of gadgets.

Its a bullsh*t mode that shouldnt be in a stealth game.

They may as well put in a mode where you have to set off car alarms and escape on a bicycle with a coke can stuck to the tyre.

Oh well I have 1000/1000 now so It can finaly f*ck off.

Just finished the Last Stand missions on realistic myself and it was made much harder as my co-op partner was a bit poo and i've just basically carried us through every level.

Special 'F*CK YOU' shout outs to Russian Embassy 2 and Lumber Mill 3, absolute sh*te levels they were with no where to hide.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

In my opinion this game sucks pretty much!!!
I'm a huge fan of the splinter Cell series and I'm glad I decided against buying this game.
Actually I've never seen such a rape of a very decent and fascinating type of game... a game which offers you so many possibilities and other ways acomplishing a mission without even touching your enemys! Splinter Cell is a game which wasn't inveted to become a 'dumb' fps!

there other games which let you kill just everybody on the map, but Sam Fisher ain't a cleaner.... he's a sneaker and observer

I can just say again: I'm glad I didn't bought that crap...

I play R6 if I want to kill

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (The_Siggi @ May 18 2010, 15:03)
In my opinion this game sucks pretty much!!!
I'm a huge fan of the splinter Cell series and I'm glad I decided against buying this game.
Actually I've never seen such a rape of a very decent and fascinating type of game... a game which offers you so many possibilities and other ways acomplishing a mission without even touching your enemys! Splinter Cell is a game which wasn't inveted to become a 'dumb' fps!

there other games which let you kill just everybody on the map, but Sam Fisher ain't a cleaner.... he's a sneaker and observer

I can just say again: I'm glad I didn't bought that crap...

I play R6 if I want to kill

Actually Splinter Cell was always pretty much linear. You never really had a choice. In previous games shooting everyone would get you killed pretty fast so you had to be stealthy. But in SCC you can chose to run and gun or to be stealthy so SCC is the least leaner game in the series. That doesn't mean it's the best in the series. Chaos Theory still holds the crown.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, i wish i could be arsed to go out and buy a decent ps2 controller to play chaos theory again haha.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja)
Chaos Theory still holds the crown.

agreed!

Well CT offered you alternatives sometimes (just think about M3 - bank or seul)

Well I'm dreaming of a splinter cell which is at least 'openmap' cause I don't like these tube-blueprint maps - at least not in SC

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

I just got this game and it's not bad, but like a lot of other people, I have horrible performance. I tried everything everyone suggested but nothing. I'm well into the recommended requirements, but I can't even run it on all low settings with a normal frame rate. This is IMO a horrible port to the PC, but the gameplay itself and the story are pretty decent.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

I rented this yesterday and need someone to play co-op with, the randoms online suck. My gamertag is Valkrie Missle

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

I got this on the 360 a few weeks ago. It's a good game and can be good fun. My only problem with it is that the game tries it's hardest to throw you into combat, it can be difficult to be stealthy at times. Other than that though, it is a good game. The thing is, you have to forget that it is a splinter cell game, you have to think of it as a Bourne-style game, then you will enjoy it. The storyline had some standout moments but the whole corruption thing has been done to death, Ubisoft, you can come up with something better. I did enjoy the levels, my favourite was the Third Echelon level, that was close to some good classic splinter cell action and I loved the end of that level. biggrin.gif

Overall, I would give it an 8/10. My only gripes being the lack of classic splinter cell action and the corruption storyline. But overall, a good game. Well done Ubi. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users