Quantcast

» «
Photo

Team Fortress 2

2,793 replies to this topic
Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:45 PM Edited by Ptikobj, 19 July 2011 - 12:46 PM.

user posted image

"Team Fortress 2 is a free-to-play team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game developed by Valve Corporation."

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Useful links:
http://www.teamfortress.com/
http://tf2b.com/
http://wiki.teamfort.../wiki/Main_Page
http://tf2ls.com
http://www.tf2items.com
http://www.fakkelbri...u/chris/configs

Updates:
Saturday, Aug 22 2009, 20:15

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

I love this game. The Sandman and the new update system (before they put the old one back in) are the only features I dislike.

Fun, a nice community and complex, but still simple.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

I was going to make a topic about this too. I just picked up The Orange Box on Monday along with inFamous (only 9.99). I've been playing Team Fortress 2 quite a lot. I can't quite grasp the game that well. They need a middle class. Somebody with a middle speed and middle strength weapon (sub-machine gun or assault rifle).

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 4 2009, 23:57)
I was going to make a topic about this too. I just picked up The Orange Box on Monday along with inFamous (only 9.99). I've been playing Team Fortress 2 quite a lot. I can't quite grasp the game that well. They need a middle class. Somebody with a middle speed and middle strength weapon (sub-machine gun or assault rifle).

It takes a lot of getting used to due to how it varies. If you play a lot of FPSes, the Soldier, Heavy and Sniper are comfortably familiar. Medic, Soldier, Engie and Pyro are, IMO, the easiest classes.

What version? I assume the PS3 version? Sorry to plug my home version, but the PC version has a lot more content, bug fixes and balancing.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Haven't played this for a long time now myself, used to play it about a year back and it was always enjoyable, a great game. I have heard that they added a new update or two recently so I might have to reinstall it.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Jun 5 2009, 00:01)
Haven't played this for a long time now myself, used to play it about a year back and it was always enjoyable, a great game. I have heard that they added a new update or two recently so I might have to reinstall it.

They just released the Spy/Sniper Update. Very interesting. The Sniper has...jarate. Look it up.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

The PC version is better. But this thread really isnt about which console/PC its best on.
It will on turn into a fanboy bitch fight.

I did own the orange box on my PS3.
Then I got it on PC a few months ago, I havent stopped playing it since. smile.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jun 5 2009, 00:06)
The PC version is better. But this thread really isnt about which console/PC its best on.

Then I got it on PC a few months ago, I havent stopped playing it since. smile.gif

Every version without jarate is fail.

In all seriousness, I love jarate. It's the source of some funny jokes, and makes the Sniper an effective team and front line player, a true support class. Once I was defending Turbine as a Demoman, and several times I would have died and/or the intel would have been stolen were it not for a Sniper wielding jarate and the Huntsman nearby.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Jun 5 2009, 00:09)
QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jun 5 2009, 00:06)

Then I got it on PC a few months ago, I havent stopped playing it since.  smile.gif

Every version without jarate is fail.

In all seriousness, I love jarate. It's the source of some funny jokes, and makes the Sniper an effective team and front line player, a true support class. Once I was defending Turbine as a Demoman, and several times I would have died and/or the intel would have been stolen were it not for a Sniper wielding jarate and the Huntsman nearby.

This is true.

There no feeling like hurling a jar of piss at someone.
I do like the huntsman alot, Ive acutally got a video of me using it. Im uploading it tomorrow at college.
I'll post it here tomorrow when I update the main page.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

The Razorback is inferior. 99% of the Spy will just revolver the Sniper, not good in crowded areas admittedly, but it's a relatively rare situation in which the Sniper is not alone, or with little company. And in crowded areas, the Sniper IS low priority.

The Dead Ringer and C&D, despite unfortunate nerfs, are both very useful in the right situation, and while the Ambassador is not as good as the Revolver in fighting, it's good for dealing with far away targets and snipers.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

The Cloak and Dagger is incredibly useful, the Spy is quickly becoming my favorite class.

AbSoLuTiOn
  • AbSoLuTiOn

TFKG<3

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

I'm pretty mediocre at this, i tend to end up using either the Heavy or Pyro, which is weird considering i used the Engie a lot and those two hardly at all on the PS3 version, i've tried playing as the Sniper a few times, done ok but somehow people manage to snipe me just after i've broke cover, can be quite annoying.

Only unlocks i have are Bonk!, Cloak & Dagger, Blutsauger and the Sandvich, only through randomly getting them though, not through Achievements.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

This is truly the most fun you can have online, which stated in tf2.com. I had never regret of buying it.
Btw, you missed the second game trailer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/931/

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

I might be having a pug (competitive match with less rules and more friendly) with some Steam friends of mine in a week or so.

Should be interesting.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

I never knew there was a second trailer D:

TEAM FORTRESS 2: Sniper play

The first 1:30 seconds suck. There are so good kills in that aswell smile.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

Man that game has changed since I played it. Is the bow & arrow a perk/unlockable or something? I think that I stopped playing before any of them were made available.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Jun 6 2009, 00:35)
Man that game has changed since I played it. Is the bow & arrow a perk/unlockable or something? I think that I stopped playing before any of them were made available.

Yeah, you either "find" it or unlock it. I think its the sniper milestone 1.

Werven
  • Werven

Facefixer.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

First game I'm getting whenever my laptop gets here, ive loved the 360 version for over a year now. PC version gets all the new updates maps and weapons, for free -_-.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Werven @ Jun 5 2009, 20:18)
First game I'm getting whenever my laptop gets here, ive loved the 360 version for over a year now. PC version gets all the new updates maps and weapons, for free -_-.

Not to mention the larger community.

Yes, I realize that this "PC fanboyism" is very uncharacteristic of me, but I have little doubt that TF2 is far more addictive with these benefits.

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:53 AM

I have had this game for more than a year and have more than 200 hours in this game. This game has been the best amount of gameplay for the money ever. The sheer amount of free updates to this game has been amazing. The amount of maps, the 200+ continuously expanding achievements, community maps and mods, and the PUB games are just great. With all the new weapons, you can play each class in a variety of ways. As a career spy, the choice of three different cloak watches is great, add in the ambassador and you have fun. My most backstabs in a life was 11, and the most points in a life was over 20 for sure. It is a shame that this game does not receive the attention it deserves amongst non PC gamers.

AbSoLuTiOn
  • AbSoLuTiOn

TFKG<3

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Jun 6 2009, 01:39)
Yes, I realize that this "PC fanboyism" is very uncharacteristic of me, but I have little doubt that TF2 is far more addictive with these benefits.

I did play TF2 loads on the PS3 version before i managed to get the Orange Box off Steam for 5.66, since then i have enjoyed it way more on PC, just because of the Payload mode, the amount of people in servers and the chance of unlocking new things to play with.

One of the best PC games.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jun 6 2009, 01:37)

How do you 'find' it out of interest, unless this has also changed you weren't able to pick up weapons back when I played.

Decided to give this a re-install also. Some of the updates, and the overall update support, that have been released sound sweet.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:58 AM

Team Fortress 2 rocks, I started playing around the same time as the Scout update went live and was kicking butt as the Engineer, now I'm playing Pyro and owning hard with the Backburner + Axetinguisher combo.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Jun 6 2009, 02:57)
QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jun 6 2009, 01:37)

How do you 'find' it out of interest, unless this has also changed you weren't able to pick up weapons back when I played.

Decided to give this a re-install also. Some of the updates, and the overall update support, that have been released sound sweet.

With the recent update, it randomly gives you weapons.
It will just pop up ingame and say "you have found ....... what ever gun"

Its useful for people who dont play it enough and cant be bothered to get the milestones.

But i got most of them with general play anyway.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

Anyone have a guest pass on Steam for this game? I'm probably going to be buying it soon, but I'd still like a chance to see what it's like.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Bean you know i have TD2 on the PC too. But all the time i join any server i'm stuck loading for almost 10 minutes. Any help on this Issue?

Apart from that since i have to wait for ages to load, I haven't managed to get any achievements yet, Hopefully when i fix this stupid loading problem i can play with you more Bean.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Tommy-Vercetti19 @ Jun 6 2009, 20:25)
Bean you know i have TD2 on the PC too. But all the time i join any server i'm stuck loading for almost 10 minutes. Any help on this Issue?

Apart from that since i have to wait for ages to load, I haven't managed to get any achievements yet, Hopefully when i fix this stupid loading problem i can play with you more Bean.

Some servers may have high amounts of downloads. I recommend turning off sound downloads, and maybe graphics downloads, and if not, maybe try getting a better internet connection. Steam support could help too.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

I'm getting better at this game. Though there only seems to be one server on PS3 and it's always playing the same two maps over and over again (2fort and Dustbowl). sad.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:11 PM Edited by General Goose, 06 June 2009 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 6 2009, 20:30)
I'm getting better at this game. Though there only seems to be one server on PS3 and it's always playing the same two maps over and over again (2fort and Dustbowl). sad.gif

In all honesty, I dislike 2fort. Sniper-infested, turtle-infested map that always goes from an actual game into just a deathmatch. Dustbowl is good from time to time though, you get good teamwork there.

I had the pug today, my team steamrolled the enemy team (this pic was taken by one of my fellow players, and Laharl was our team captain):

user posted image

It was fun though, and there were some great moments.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

What do you mean by turtle infested?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users