750 replies to this topic
ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Dec 4 2009, 07:53)
QUOTE (Benjie @ Dec 3 2009, 23:54)
panic.gif I can't wait for this to come out. I really hope they use the song Secret Agent Man to advertise the game(maybe for the debut trailer).

Never heard about that song before. But I'd like to listen 70s hits in this game. Anyway, will Agent appear on Spike's VGA 09?

Don't count on it. R* have said any info on Agent being released before 2010 is slim to none. But there still is that tiny fraction it may. So keep your fingers crossed. I know I am.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

Guys, do you know what mysterious game is this? http://xbox360.ign.c.../1052089p1.html
As far as I know, it ain't Agent, Max Payne 3 nor LA Noire.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Dec 5 2009, 10:00)
Guys, do you know what mysterious game is this? http://xbox360.ign.c.../1052089p1.html
As far as I know, it ain't Agent, Max Payne 3 nor LA Noire.

My only guess is a Spec Ops reboot as it says in the article.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

It wouldn't shock me if the story revolved around stirring up a revolution in a Communist country in the Eastern Bloc.
The focus could then shift to hunting down the President and his men as they try to flee from an angry mob. Seriously, imagine how cool it would be. To see demonstrations in the streets with hundreds of people, government forces showing up and trying to disperse you all.
Massacres, executions, manhunts.
I'm thinking that it could be like a mix of the most turbulent times during the downfall of the USSR. Where everything is crashing down around you. This could be brilliant.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:08 AM

It's already 2010, I hope R* will release some new info on early this year. Perhaps screenshots or a plot. Anyway, can anyone tell me what is late 70s look like? As far as I know, the hippie culture was faded hehe. What's the excitement things in the late 70s?

Anyone who lives in 70s?

Gta_Fanat1c
  • Gta_Fanat1c

Dumbf*ck Magnet

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:14 AM Edited by Gta_Fanat1c, 03 January 2010 - 06:18 AM.

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jan 3 2010, 06:08)
It's already 2010, I hope R* will release some new info on early this year. Perhaps screenshots or a plot. Anyway, can anyone tell me what is late 70's look like? As far as I know, the hippie culture was faded Hehe. What's the excitement things in the late 70's?

Anyone who lives in 70's?

Yep. I live in the late 70's. 1978. I'm typing this from my prototype personal computer. sarcasm.gif
Anyway, the late 70's summed up:
Disco starts to die, bell bottom pants and afros start to go out of style, barges on wheels continue to be made regardless of the gas crisis, muscle cars die somewhat and some more crap I can't think of.

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

I have a feeling that this game will be like crackdown but much better.
another part of me is imagining a splinter cell- like game

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Carnage1120 @ Jan 3 2010, 21:05)

Nah.. you can't compare this game with the others. R* itself has been made a very clear statement that this game will be genre defining. You never see a game like Agent before, neither Splinter Cell nor Metal Gear Solid or the others.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:00)
QUOTE (Carnage1120 @ Jan 3 2010, 21:05)

Nah.. you can't compare this game with the others. R* itself has been made a very clear statement that this game will be genre defining. You never see a game like Agent before, neither Splinter Cell nor Metal Gear Solid or the others.

+ you can compare this to anything. We have nothing but the logo.

LosAngelesTime
  • LosAngelesTime

you just got NAILED by Niko Bellic

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:46 AM Edited by LosAngelesTime, 05 January 2010 - 04:51 AM.

IMO for some reason, my mind tells that this game will suck (its my mind /my mind can be random sometimes!) I mean its R* North, but it does not have GTA in the title and the title reminds me more of The Saboteur, Kane And Lynch, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell for some reasons (I like this games), Red Dead Redemption although it does not have GTA in the title, said themselves GTA goes the Mid West, thats reasonable, but this, my mind still says it will be repetitive and will suck hard.

waiting for more info, screens, donīt flame me, its my opinion

R* itself has been made a very clear statement that this game will be genre defining

still not convincing, I want to drive cars, friendly fire (shoots every single kind of NPCs... except animals, PETA will be on R* ass),

Heh carnage has the same opinion

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:03 PM Edited by batik89, 05 January 2010 - 12:06 PM.

@LosAngelesTime: just wait & see, that's the wise action. i don't want to say this game is so good or this game is sucks. because after you see the screenshots or play the game itself... then you will lick & swallow your own spittle because somethin wasn't appropriate with your own previous statement. and i definitely won't do that smile.gif

LosAngelesTime
  • LosAngelesTime

you just got NAILED by Niko Bellic

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jan 5 2010, 12:03)
@LosAngelesTime: just wait & see, that's the wise action. i don't want to say this game is so good or this game is sucks. because after you see the screenshots or play the game itself... then you will lick & swallow your own spittle because somethin wasn't appropriate with your own previous statement. and i definitely won't do that smile.gif

Thats exactly what im saying, im sure screenshot will make me have seizure from goodness, me loves R* rahkstar2.gif

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (LosAngelesTime @ Jan 4 2010, 23:46)
IMO for some reason, my mind tells that this game will suck (its my mind /my mind can be random sometimes!) I mean its R* North, but it does not have GTA in the title and the title reminds me more of The Saboteur, Kane And Lynch, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell for some reasons (I like this games), Red Dead Redemption although it does not have GTA in the title, said themselves GTA goes the Mid West, thats reasonable, but this, my mind still says it will be repetitive and will suck hard.

waiting for more info, screens, donīt flame me, its my opinion

R* itself has been made a very clear statement that this game will be genre defining

still not convincing, I want to drive cars, friendly fire (shoots every single kind of NPCs... except animals, PETA will be on R* ass),

Heh carnage has the same opinion

PETA? Really? They can't do sh*t. Red Dead Redemption will be GOTY 2010 no doubt. You can kill anything(women, children. Blow rabbits up with a double barrel shotgun) you can hunt and kill over 40 different animal species. And there are literally unlimited combination's of random events. The fact of the matter is PETA are a bunch of retards and will have no effect on R*. Just like MADD had no effect on them with GTA IV.

Agent tho. Will be Genre defining. Like R* said. When they were making GTA III they said it would be genre defining. And look what happened. The definition of free roam games changed from "Freedom to move around at your own pace" to "Grand Theft Auto III". So surely Agent will change the way we look at action games.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (ioN @ Jan 7 2010, 23:38)
Agent tho. Will be Genre defining. Like R* said. When they were making GTA III they said it would be genre defining. And look what happened. The definition of free roam games changed from "Freedom to move around at your own pace" to "Grand Theft Auto III". So surely Agent will change the way we look at action games.

I'm with you dude. We're definitely on the same page. Agent will blow my head off hahaha.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

When we will get some info about Agent? Next month they'll reveal LA Noire, so I hope R* will release some info about Agent too. Let's pray for this.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:07 AM

I'm definitely expecting some news on this in this year's E3.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

When will we get screenshots

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'd like to see Agent set in Southern America during the 1970s. The game should revolve around establishing a Communist coup in one of the democratic countries whose government has recently been overthrown by the US-backed militants for having slightly left-leaning policies. I think it would mix things up a bit.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jan 3 2010, 01:08)
Anyway, can anyone tell me what is late 70s look like? As far as I know, the hippie culture was faded hehe. What's the excitement things in the late 70s?

Anyone who lives in 70s?

You don't have to have lived in the 70s to know about the 70s. Basically everything turned to crap.

-Cars turned to crap toward the end of the 70's due in part to the rise of gas prices (sound familiar?)
-Music peaked in the early-mid 70s then started it's nosedive into 80's pop
-We were still in the cold war
-America continued to grow more distrusting of their government
-The Vietnam War ended
-etc.

I, for one, am hoping that Agent takes place largely outside of America. 70's America sounds like a pretty boring location for a game to me...

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

So now that the EFLC no longer is exclusive to the Xbox, do you guys think this game will lose it exclutivity eventually??

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

seems more than obvious to me.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

I doubt it, maybe in a year (after release)

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

Well i dont care as long as the ps3 get maxed out.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

I hope so, it's not a game i want to really lose out on (even though we know nothing about it).

It's not the first time a game from Rockstar has lost it's 'exclusive' title....GTA 3 series, PSP GTA's, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire looks to be losing it's PS3 exclusivity by the looks of it and now EFLC has lost it's 360 exclusivity.

I think when the words Rockstar and exclusive are in the same sentence then it should be laughed off. Although it does make sense as making games for both consoles and the PC is going to make you a lot more money.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

I don't care if at the end, this game come to 360 and PC. But at least R* create this game for PS3 as the leading platform. So I think they'll max out all of PS3 potential. I wish we can see Agent as a cover story for Game Informer or official Playstation mag biggrin.gif

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Jan 29 2010, 15:50)
So now that the EFLC no longer is exclusive to the Xbox, do you guys think this game will lose it exclutivity eventually??

Most likely not. But Ben Feder said there is a possibility that it may come on other platforms(he never said 360 so it may be a PS3 and PC game which would mean no nerfing of the graphics and such)

Then again back in 2007 R* and Sony did make a deal that they will be getting an exclusive franchise and Agent is that franchise.

But one last thing to take into consideration is that Agent has been in development since atleast 2003 by R* SD for PS2 and Xbox and taken over by R*N in 2005 for PS3.

So we'll have to wait and see what happens.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jan 26 2010, 23:45)
I'd like to see Agent set in Southern America during the 1970s. The game should revolve around establishing a Communist coup in one of the democratic countries whose government has recently been overthrown by the US-backed militants for having slightly left-leaning policies. I think it would mix things up a bit.

Cool. There was a coup in Chile during that time. So maybe R* can take that issue as one of the background story for this game. Besides South America, I'd like to see some parts of Eastern Europe.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Jan 29 2010, 20:50)

Absolutely. I think R*'s bluff has been called now. They can get an exclusivity deal that nets them a bundle of cash and in return helps sell a certain console. Then they release it on other platforms to rake in even more cash. They've done this with practically every one of their games.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Jan 30 2010, 11:26)
QUOTE (simonp92 @ Jan 29 2010, 20:50)

Absolutely. I think R*'s bluff has been called now. They can get an exclusivity deal that nets them a bundle of cash and in return helps sell a certain console. Then they release it on other platforms to rake in even more cash. They've done this with practically every one of their games.

If Agent is the game that Sony signed that deal with then No there is no possibility of it going to the 360 and a smaller possibility that it come to the PC. If it isn't the game R* signed that franchise deal with then yes there is a possibility that Agent will and can come to the 360 and or PC. It was never confirmed rather or not Agent was the Sony franchise exclusive game but that deal is similar to Microsoft and Epic for Gears of War with Microsoft contributing money to the devlopment and not just a contract being signed for exclusive rights for the game such as MGS 4 with Sony or timed exclusivity similar to GTA III-SA on the PS2.

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:05 AM Edited by neo92boi, 01 February 2010 - 06:17 AM.

I look at it like this, Agent will be more than likely be the Mass Effect equivalent game to the PS3. Though there may be a remote chance that PS3 can obtain Mass Effect its highly unlikley as Microsoft has a deal with Bioware. If the game says SCEA any where near its official advertisements or announcements any hope of 360 gamers getting this game is SNUFFED. It's almost like the nail in the coffin same would be if you saw the Microsoft Game Studio's logo on a 360 game like Gears Of war. If Agent is being made specifically for PS3 then if the 360 would ever get it the product for the 360 would unfortunately be completely nerfed to the point of it being noticeable, in the end I dont think Rockstar would waste there time doing so, so as an end result my conclusion is that Agent will more than likely never see the light of day on the 360. But to not look like a fool like some 360 guys said towards the exclusivity of GTA: EFLC to the 360

" It is in all reality after a clear thought on the development of Agent specifically for the Ps3,
it is not impossible for it to end up on the PC, or Xbox 360, but HIGHLY UNLIKELY. "

I just want to add that the GTA exclusive chapters were "DLC!" not a whole f*cking FRANCHISE. Agent is a FRANCHISE meaning that if Sony made a deal for a whole exclusive series they had to go into great talks with Rockstar and Take Two for an agreement along with an extremely large amount of $$$money$$$ f*ck $50 Mill for Microsoft, Sony must have payed triple that150$ Million f*ckING BIG ONES along with a contract! If R* ever sold Agent on a microsoft console after that contract was signed you might as well say good bye to Rockstar Games and Take Two because they would be in one hell of a LAW SUIT by Sony

But then again once that contract is up ( depending on if it's a timed contract like GTA III era GTA's) Then you might very well see Agent on PC, and 360 but once again where back at development. When PS2 came out the Xbox was right at the PS2 processing power maybe even a little higher. This is not the case with this Gen YOU CAN SIMPLY NOT HAVE A GAME LIKE KILLZONE 2, MGS 4, or Uncharted 2 on Xbox 360 period. The Ps3 surpasses the 360 so with that the 360 and Pc's hopes of obtaining Agent are confronted by TWO hurdles,

Development, and Contractual Agreements. Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users