Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

This is going to be brilliant!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

I don't know why I got a PM asking to comment on Agent?!? haha I did. I'm holding my enthusiasm for it, just struggling to still get money for toilet paper, gas, food, I would only be able to rent it if released. Man, hard times, sucks ass.

I see that despite the talk of Uncharted on Xbox360, the new game release Uncharted 2, the doc again praised the Hard Drive on every system, it's an age old fact, but shows that developers really associate with this fact when game designing, it plays into how every thing is structured. For drive changes among Xbox owners, the game has to adapt, and it losses the ability to be strong from the outset. This may becomes less of a factor as times progress

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Oct 25 2009, 21:31)
I see that despite the talk of Uncharted on Xbox360, the new game release Uncharted 2, the doc again praised the Hard Drive on every system, it's an age old fact, but shows that developers really associate with this fact when game designing, it plays into how every thing is structured. For drive changes among Xbox owners, the game has to adapt, and it losses the ability to be strong from the outset. This may becomes less of a factor as times progress

I think a detective asked you to post, to give him something to try and solve.

Seriously, care to re-word? I don't understand a word you're saying.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

yeah me too. i don't understand what Slamman said. please explain more clearly.

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:26 AM

lol i bet xbox guys will start bitching why they didnt get this even though they got TLAD, TBOGT and more

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Oct 26 2009, 23:24)
yeah me too. i don't understand what Slamman said. please explain more clearly.

The Documentary, or supplement within Uncharted 2, where the main company figures talked about the Hard Disk on every PS3 being of very important factoring in game implemenation. Evan Wells said that Uncharted one could work on Xbox but would be very difficult. Here they exploit the PS3 even further, as he explained Uncharted 1 is like Brain Surgery with a chainsaw!

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

ah, i got it now. so ps3 is the thing that will suitable for the development of agent. ben feder said like that in an interview with video gaming website.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

will R* affected with this issue? http://www.edge-onli...otland-in-focus
i'm afraid if agent's development will disturbed with this matter.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Nov 2 2009, 13:06)
will R* affected with this issue? http://www.edge-onli...otland-in-focus
i'm afraid if agent's development will disturbed with this matter.

This won't be disrupted because of this and if games companies get government support, it can only help. The fact of the matter is UK games companies have been seeking government support for a long time because the governments in some other countries give financial support to their respective games companies and UK companies feel that these foreign companies might end up overtaking them. But the UK gaming industry is one of the best in the world anyway.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

@agincourtsalute: is that mean R* North have a powerful financial? so they don't need gov't support because of that matter. or perhaps North's financial was backed by Rockstar Games in US? so they don't worry about financial problem.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Nov 3 2009, 02:55)
@agincourtsalute: is that mean R* North have a powerful financial? so they don't need gov't support because of that matter. or perhaps North's financial was backed by Rockstar Games in US? so they don't worry about financial problem.

R* North is owned by R* Games which is owned by T2 which is a american company and are therefore financially backed by R* Games who in turn are backed by T2. But R* North is a Edinburgh based company making it a Scottish/UK company and therefore would be eligible for any government support from the Scottish or UK governments.

As for the the current financial position of R* North I don't know about that but they are the developers of GTA and with the success of GTAIV and the EFLC (more money to make next year on the PS3 and PC) I would be surprised if they had any bad financial problems.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

yap.. i'm very optimistic with North about their financial. they already made a big bucks in past years and now. so i thought "Scotland In Focus" matter won't be problem from them.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

I'm really looking forward to this!

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:43 PM

what's the mean this game will be "genre-defining"? is that mean this game won't same as GTA's sandbox genre? check this out if you want to read the article: http://www.gamesindu...-defining-feder

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

So, this is the new exclusive they've been talking about? Looks good.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

Genre defining... Well Rockstar did introduce revolutionary sandboxing. I wonder what other revolutionary things they can do. 3d? alien.gif tounge.gif ?
Either way, I hope they push the PS3 to it's final limit. I hope they reach the maximum capacity of the blu-ray disc.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

Interesting, I cannot wait to see how this game turns out!

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

i'm just curious when the maker said this game gonna be the ultimate action game. is that mean agent will be same as max payne? as far as i know, R* categorized gta series as a sandbox game, they never say it was ultimate action game. so what do you think guys?

and i wish agent will using euphoria as their game animation engine. it make everything looks more real.

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Some interesting info about Agent:
The sharp eyes at the Superannuation blog have found some interesting info on Agent which shows that the project has been around for awhile. It seems that development on Agent has been going on for longer than we thought as the resume of a 3D modeler lists the game as a PlayStation 2 and Xbox title. The resume also lists the game as a Rockstar San Diego project which is interesting since the game is now being developed by the GTA team at Rockstar North. It's unclear why development on Agent stopped when it was being developed on the PS2 and Xbox and why Rockstar decided to start things up again on the PS3.

The other interesting piece of info Superannuation dug up sheds some light on a potential environment in Agent.  Once again the info comes from a resume of an Environment Artist who lists his duties on Agent as being part of a team sent to Cairo to capture over 10,000 reference photos for the game.

This info is particularly interesting as it shows that Agent could be an international affair and it may be somewhat ditching the typical Rockstar format of sticking to one key sandbox location. Obviously this may not be the case as the Cairo trip was when Rockstar San Diego was working on the project so who knows what we can expect and what changes have been made since Rockstar North have taken over the project.  But if Cairo will be the sole location in the game it still would be rather unique due to the landscape and if Rockstar pulls an OSS 117 then Iíll be quite happy.

Source: shogungamer.com

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

This may be the first Agent trailer, don't you think ?
HERE

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

I don't think that's agent. Looks more like stranglehold, or something simialr.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Nah, it doesn't look like Agent. Like Darrel said, more like Stranglehold.

Agent is set around the 1970's. That city doesn't look like the 1970's. Plus, I doubt you'd be playing a cop.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

Tha badge says Hong Kong Police, so it's odds on to be Stranglehold.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

Actually it's not strangle hold at all.

It's none other than Black Lotus, the as-of-yet-unnamed Activision-published, United Front-developed action title announced earlier this year. Just about the only thing we know about the project on the record is that it's "a new action-based game set in Hong Kong" by the studio working on ModNation Racers.

http://www.joystiq.c...mystery-teaser/

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

I imagined if Mike Toreno from SA or UL Paper dude will appear in this game biggrin.gif

Benjie
  • Benjie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

panic.gif I can't wait for this to come out. I really hope they use the song Secret Agent Man to advertise the game(maybe for the debut trailer).

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Benjie @ Dec 3 2009, 23:54)
panic.gif I can't wait for this to come out. I really hope they use the song Secret Agent Man to advertise the game(maybe for the debut trailer).

Hey that's a great idea. Secret Agent Man is pretty kick-ass song. icon14.gif

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Never heard about that song before. But I'd like to listen 70s hits in this game. Anyway, will Agent appear on Spike's VGA 09?

Benjie
  • Benjie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Dec 4 2009, 12:53)

Never heard about that song before. But I'd like to listen 70s hits in this game. Anyway, will Agent appear on Spike's VGA 09?

Here it is ph34r.gif Secret Agent Man

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 4 2009, 17:01)
I would like to a series that follows the spy through his career with whatever organization he is working for. Sort of like James Bond. The first game could be set in the 1970s, during the Cold War then the next game in the 1980s and then the 1990s and so on and so on. I think that would be an interesting way to keep the series alive and fresh.

You mean like splinter cell or MGS or one of the many other spy type games with that exact property?

lol meh it's still a cool way of going about stuff.. although i don't want to play as a 70 year old spy... LAME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users