still no news on this game.
  • trip, Rewas514, Android and 4 others like this

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago

I just noticed that Agent is gone from the R* website.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?!?!!?

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Tony., 5 days ago.

I just noticed that Agent is gone from the R* website.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?!?!!?

One of two things. 1. It's been cancelled and rather than make an announcement of the cancellation, they simply took it off their website and hoped that people have forgotten about it by now. Or, 2. They're still working on it but it's still nowhere near complete, and now they've realized what a mistake it was to announce it so early to begin with and figure that everyone's forgotten about it by now anyway.

EDIT: I just checked, it's actually still on the Rockstar website and on the Social Club for me. Of course, everything is still outdated and it still all says it's coming to the PS3 (complete with the old PS3 logo). Honestly, by now, it wouldn't shock me if this was cancelled.

• MajesticNL likes this

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago Edited by MajesticNL, 5 days ago.

Site is still up as well.

http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 5 days ago

I'm thinking Agent was put on hold because of the appearing of the current-gen consoles. We may or may not see Agent for PS4 in the future.

• Android likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

If it was cancelled I'm sure they would've said something...although when was the last time they even mentioned this game?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by NYC PATROL, 5 days ago.

I don't think it's cancelled either. Here's my rundown of what * I think * is happening:

- 7 years since announcement

- We know it was originally a PS3 exclusive

- If it releases it's obviously going to be on PS4. (We have no idea if it's still exclusive to Sony. Probably not)

- Work most likely started on it soon after announcement (Very early designs)

- Sometime before 2010 work stopped to focus on RDR and MP3

- R* knows what they want to do with the game. Realized they can do so much more with new tech. So now it's a very ambitious project.

- Which leads us to today.......still waiting

Spoiler

• Android likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 4 days ago

This project is sitting on the shelf (well it was during GTAV dev cycle) along with Bully II, by the way the internal name for this seemed to brand it as "aGENT" later on, so I guess if it ever does surface, it would be under that style.
  • Tony. and Android like this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 4 days ago

If it was cancelled I'm sure they would've said something...although when was the last time they even mentioned this game?

It was confirmed to still be in development in May 2010. When asked about Agent at Take Two's Q1 2013 report in August 2012, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said "we haven't announced anything about that title" this however is very ambiguous.

If it is indeed still in development I can't see it being released until at least 2016 since we have yet to see a trailer of the game. I think its pretty much a given at this stage that it will be a new gen title but the question still remains will it be cross platform? Most likely and will it be cross gen? I think this all depends on the userbase of the PS4 and XBox One to be honest. I think it would be a safe bet to still make this game a Playstation exclusive but making it PS4 exclusive would be financial suicide.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

This project is sitting on the shelf (well it was during GTAV dev cycle) along with Bully II, by the way the internal name for this seemed to brand it as "aGENT" later on, so I guess if it ever does surface, it would be under that style.

aGENT? I'll bet the protagonist will be a Bond-like British spy. I hope Bully 2 sees a release someday, I loved the first one, and didn't they hire a guy to do the soundtrack for Bully 2 back in 2009 or 2010? When I heard that, I figured we would have seen it released by now.

It was confirmed to still be in development in May 2010. When asked about Agent at Take Two's Q1 2013 report in August 2012, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said "we haven't announced anything about that title" this however is very ambiguous.

If it is indeed still in development I can't see it being released until at least 2016 since we have yet to see a trailer of the game. I think its pretty much a given at this stage that it will be a new gen title but the question still remains will it be cross platform? Most likely and will it be cross gen? I think this all depends on the userbase of the PS4 and XBox One to be honest. I think it would be a safe bet to still make this game a Playstation exclusive but making it PS4 exclusive would be financial suicide.

It probably will be cross-platform, with some exclusive DLC for the PS4 if they decide to make anything exclusive after all. LA Noire was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive just like Agent, but that ended up going cross-platform as well. Unless Rockstar and Sony have some kind of deal still in place over exclusivity of the game.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Man, they've been so quiet with this that I've actually lost interest in this title :(

Hopefully we hear something soon... this is like waiting for GTAV heists.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 4 days ago

I f*cking hope Agent will be as good as Half life 3 if they keep delaying it so long.

• Android likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Hopefully some news by 2405.
  • Android likes this

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Hopefully some news by 2405.

2+0=2+5=7-4=3
Red Dead 3 confirmed
Manhunt 3 confirmed
Half life 3 confirmed
Left 4 dead 3 confirmed
Portal 3 confirmed
Team fortress 3 confirmed

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I hope you realize those jokes aren't funny anymore.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 4 days ago Edited by FiS!!HeR, 4 days ago.

Agent is shaping up to be longest kept secret in Rockstar's history. It has been 5 years so far since it was revealed without anything on the game, even L.A.Noire had 4 years of silence before it was revealed in Game Informer's March 2010 cover story. If this game wasn't the next title on Rockstar's radar, then I would believe that it has been nothing but a vaporware product. 

• Tony. and Zello like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users