967 replies to this topic
Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

Has there been any news on Agent since like 2009?

No. You're just going to have to wait until Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain if you want an open-world stealth game.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Agent isn't open world if that's what you're stating. It's a linear story based game based in the cold war and is an espionage thriller.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Actually we don't know that.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

I hope it's open world, it's N*s specialty after all. If they are still the ones making it.

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I hope it's open world, it's N*s specialty after all. If they are still the ones making it.

But what does it gain from being open world. This is in the cold war and you can't just make that open world as it would ruin the story.

The game should have an emotional feel to the story making you want to like the character. GTA 5 didnt make you like the characters because of its story, it made you like the characters because of how much fun you had playing as them. I want Agent to have a character like Bond but more anti-hero.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Rockstar aren't the best developers at making stealth games. If gta v's stealth system is anything to go by then I can see why they halted development on this game. Stealth was just awful in that game.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

But what does it gain from being open world. This is in the cold war and you can't just make that open world as it would ruin the story.

The game should have an emotional feel to the story making you want to like the character. GTA 5 didnt make you like the characters because of its story, it made you like the characters because of how much fun you had playing as them. I want Agent to have a character like Bond but more anti-hero.

Broken logic, sir. The open-world structure has very little to do with storytelling. And what does the Cold War setting has to do with it?
And the relationship of a player with the characters of GTA V was definitely not determined with "how much fun you had playing as them" - it was 90% because of their, duh, characters.

Rockstar aren't the best developers at making stealth games. If gta v's stealth system is anything to go by then I can see why they halted development on this game. Stealth was just awful in that game.

Judging Rockstar's talent in implementing stealth mechanics by the game that isn't even a stealth genre is just unfair.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 18 April 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Well if it was open world, they would have said it by now. Go back the first page, read the announcement info, it doesn't say open world anywhere, therefore it's linear.

Look at MP3, that's a story based game, it's been done amazingly. The marketing ruined the hype though.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Broken logic, sir. The open-world structure has very little to do with storytelling. And what does the Cold War setting has to do with it?
And the relationship of a player with the characters of GTA V was definitely not determined with "how much fun you had playing as them" - it was 90% because of their, duh, characters.

Judging Rockstar's talent in implementing stealth mechanics by the game that isn't even a stealth genre is just unfair.
You're a secret agent in an open world setting stealing cars and killing innocent pedestrians. That completely kills how the story is when you go up to a mission marker and then act like the 5 cars you stole on the way are non existent. Also I mean there was no character development

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Why would you want another open world game when we already have two franchises? RDR and GTA is enough, we now need good story based games alone. MP3 was their recent one so far. We need MOAR!

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 18 April 2014 - 04:32 PM.

@Zancudo

Gta v isn't a sports game but tennis and golf are more complex than the stealth system which makes 0 sense to me. Why put more work into a minigame that people will only play for 10mins than a gameplay feature that can be used the whole game?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by Zancudo, 18 April 2014 - 04:44 PM.

L.A. Noire was open-world too, you could steal cars and run over pedestrians, despite the fact that you were a damn detective. And the storytelling didn't suffer from that.

They didn't announce it as an open-world game, nor did they said it is a linear game. Besides, the announcement was, what, 5 years ago? The game could change radically over this long period of time. I'm sure it's open-world or at least semi open-world by now. And they can make as many open-world games as they like. As if it that type of structure was something registered only for GTA and RDR...

GTA V's sports elements are 'better' than stealth, simply because it's much easier to design a stupid tennis game than a stealth system that requires a complex NPC AI and plenty of other things that take a hell of a time to create.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

@Zancudo

Gta v isn't a sports game but tennis and golf are more complex than the stealth system which makes 0 sense to me. Why put more work into a minigame that people will only play for 10mins than a gameplay feature that can be used the whole game?

Considering that they poke your eye with those activities, of course they're going to be better than stealth. I don't wanna go praising R* here, but I'm damn sure if they were to make a game where stealth actually matters, they could do a good job.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 18 April 2014 - 05:52 PM.

I feel that this will become the next Duke Nukem Forever. 

They'll probably bring up more news about it in 2020 and give a release date ≥ 2023 to whatever Sony system is out then.

Everyone's going to be so excited and then sh*t all over it when it fails to meet their expectations and hype. 

Just remember that I called it first on April 18, 2014.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by Zancudo, 18 April 2014 - 06:33 PM.

Production on Red Dead Redemption started in 2005, and it was originally meant to be released on PlayStation 2 and Xbox platforms. Max Payne 3 was initially slated towards the 2009 release, so it's save to assume it was in development for quite some time. L.A. Noire is probably the most extreme case, since the makers behind this title started their work way back in 2003.

Agent's not such an oddity for Rockstar's development history after all. I call it first on April 18, 2014, that this game will come out in 2016.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Why would you want another open world game when we already have two franchises? RDR and GTA is enough, we now need good story based games alone. MP3 was their recent one so far. We need MOAR!

Red Dead is the Franchise,RDR (2010) is an Installment in the Red Dead Franchise (2004-2014)....

@Zancudo

Considering that they poke your eye with those activities, of course they're going to be better than stealth. I don't wanna go praising R* here, but I'm damn sure if they were to make a game where stealth actually matters, they could do a good job.

Manhunt (2003-2014) is a R* Franchise and it about Stealth and Horror,but unfortunately it was SO Controversial,but yeah they could....

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Agent will be released in 2015. I'm calling it now.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

I feel that this will become the next Duke Nukem Forever. 

They'll probably bring up more news about it in 2020 and give a release date ≥ 2023 to whatever Sony system is out then.

Everyone's going to be so excited and then sh*t all over it when it fails to meet their expectations and hype. 

Just remember that I called it first on April 18, 2014.

I doubt it will still be a Sony exclusive if it is ever made.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

Here is that logo in the GTA V textures in case anyone couldn't see the video:
29FXVek.jpg

I am willing to bet this game is still in development. I mean, they have easter eggs referring to it in GTA V, and if it was canned I think Rockstar would have said so by now, or at least removed it from their website marked "coming soon."

About it being open world, I could see the game being semi-open world. Like where you can revisit the settings of the levels and do new jobs/activities without replaying the level. Always loved games like that. Who knows, maybe that is the reason this game has gone quite, because it went through different stages where it was linear, open world, etc...

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

I doubt it will still be a Sony exclusive if it is ever made.

I thought so too, but you never know.

Like Zancudo said, it could be like LA Noire which was originally a PS3 exclusive and be available for Xbox as well on release. PC is questionable considering we're talking about Rockstar here...

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by MajesticNL, 19 April 2014 - 03:10 AM.

Maybe I dropped this before in this topic, regarding PS exclusivity, here's an interview with Jack Tretton:

www.gametrailers.com/videos/rv0w6c/sony-e3-2011--jack-tretton-interview

Listen at 6:30, "Still exclusive for ps3 though?"

Geoff Keighley interviews Jack Tretton every year at E3, and every time near the end he asks about Agent, just watch these, skip to the end:

www.gametrailers.com/videos/ulnvnz/playstation-4-e3-2013--jack-tretton-drops-the-mic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKkoKVthck

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Est. MMXV

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

Could we maybe get a surprise at E3 by Rockstar this year? Maybe by Sony?

I wish there was more solid information on this title.

• Irrational likes this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40 AM Edited by MajesticNL, 19 April 2014 - 03:41 AM.

My guess is not. I think the focus will be on GTAV: GTAO. pc\nextgen release and SP story DLC.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by Zancudo, 19 April 2014 - 12:19 PM.

GTA V was announced about half a year before Max Payne 3's release. Drawing an analogy, Rockstar's next-gen project could be announced around the same time with the announcements of GTA V Single-Player/Online DLCs and/or GTA V next-gen conversion. Theoretically we should see a screenshot/trailer/whatever of their new game this year. I honestly doubt it's Agent, probably Red Dead 3 or Bully 2, but who knows what they hide upon their sleeves.

AHorseWithNoName
  • AHorseWithNoName

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Agent_Resume.jpg

This CV was posted back in May 2013. It was definitely in development alongside GTA V. My guess May 2015.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by Frantz Fuchs, 21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Source?

-

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

It was mentioned in another thread that Agent could be announced soon. Possibly at e3. If this is true I am quite excited because I can't wait to see a Rockstar take on the cold war and a James Bond style game and story line. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by Zancudo, 08 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Aside from the rumor of Microsoft planning to release a white Xbox One in December, there's also a gossip of Take-Two Interactive publishing an "exciting new game" for PS4 and Xbox One, aiming a premiere on September 30th.

Could it be related to Rockstar Games? Is that the long-anticipated Agent? Perhaps Red Dead Rapist is really coming soon? Or maybe just a sequel to Table Tennis?

Anywho. Both DualShockers and Dick Smith are known in the industry for legitimate leaks, so I'd expect a clarification soon.

SOURCE: http://www.dualshock...alian-retailer/

GAMEZ_OVERLORD
  • GAMEZ_OVERLORD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

they should really use the face mocap in agent that they used in L.A. Noire

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

they should really use the face mocap in agent that they used in L.A. Noire

That technique is already 'outdated', you have to capture in 2 steps One time for facial experessions and voice recording, and then the 2nd time for the body movements.

The technique that is used in a lot of games nowadays is 'performance capture', where you capture face, body and voice all at once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users