Photo

Agent

774 replies to this topic
mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm a little worried for this game after Max Payne. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED MP3, I just felt the single player could have been better if it wasn't for the tacked on feeling multiplayer. I think the same can be said for GTAV. Again, amazing game, but just seemed like corners were cut for multiplayer

as for Max Payne 3, i agree with you. but GTA V? nope. GTA V is a great game. its singleplayer story mode is f*cking A! i even don't remember when the last time i really enjoyed a single game as much as i am with GTA V. so i hope AGENT will have the same value with this Rockstar North's behemoth. and i believe the Scotland team will deliver it... as always.

Okay, okay...true. I'm enjoying the hell out of V. I just hope that North is still working on Agent, not that Vancouver/Toronto/San Diego is bad, but North is where its at 

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by Dobleh, 27 September 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Okay, okay...true. I'm enjoying the hell out of V. I just hope that North is still working on Agent, not that Vancouver/Toronto/San Diego is bad, but North is where its at

like former Take-Two CEO said: Rockstar North is the A-Team of all. well, that explains a lot.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

like former Take-Two CEO said: Rockstar North is the A-Team of all. well, that explains a lot.

Hey, don't forget Vancouver/New England, they did Bully and it was rather good. But really though, Vancouver has merged with Toronto now.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Found this in a texture file from GTA5. Don't know what to make of it, figured i would share.

8ITuV.jpg

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Found this in a texture file from GTA5. Don't know what to make of it, figured i would share.

8ITuV.jpg

Nice find, man. Could be something.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Very interesting. But hell, it could be agents of the voice actors haha :/ Can anymore files be found? Theres gotta be something on Agent in those files 

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

@Blaster_nl: that's interesting! i believe there's must be another AGENT's references in GTA V.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Let's not go overboard. I'd love for Agent to drop as any of you, but the Dewbauchee in the game is an obvious nod to Bond's Aston Martin.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Let's not go overboard. I'd love for Agent to drop as any of you, but the Dewbauchee in the game is an obvious nod to Bond's Aston Martin.

Maybe because Agent will be based on the early Bond movies.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Maybe because Agent will be based on the early Bond movies.

That would suggest an over the top approach, rather than the cool, realistic tone of, say, LA Noire. I was under the impression that was what Rockstar were trying to do.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by lh1, 30 September 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Do you guys still think AGENT would be on PS3 ? I mean would it be the truly last game for PS3 from Rockstar Games ?

EDIT:

Do you still remember about the trademark guys ?

Well it turned out Take Two has abandoned the old trademarks which were filed on June 2nd 2009.

http://www.trademark...t-77750342.html

http://www.trademark...t-77750344.html

The new ones that were filed just on July 18th 2013 are these

http://www.trademark...t-86014013.html

http://www.trademark...t-86014006.html

This pretty much tells me they abandoned the old trademarks instead of renewing them unlike L.A. Noire

http://www.trademark...e-79025416.html

EDIT 2: After a more through look, it appears that the original and the new AGENT trademarks do have differences. 

The original AGENT trademark

Description of Mark : The mark consists of the word "AGENT" with the shape of a handgun comprising the internal section of the letter "G".

Design Search Code(s): 

23.03.03 - Derringers; Pistols; Revolvers  

26.09.21 - Squares that are completely or partially shaded  

27.03.05 - Objects forming letters or numerals

The new AGENT trademark

Description of Mark: The mark consists of the word "AGENT" with the shape of a handgun comprising the internal section of the letter "G". The mark appears over a shaded background. 

Design Search Code(s): 

23.03.03 - Derringers; Pistols; Revolvers  

27.03.05 - Objects forming letters or numerals

EDIT 3:

According to this http://tsdr.uspto.go...Index=25&page=1

The old trademark did have some problems.

ISSUE/MAILING DATE9/8/2009

Comparison of the Marks

Applicant’s mark is AGENT and design.

Regarding Reg. No. 2865258, registrant’s mark is AGENT and design.

Regarding Reg. No. 3578672, registrant’s mark is AGENT and design.

Accordingly, the literal portion of applicant’s mark is identical to the literal portion of registrants’ marks.  

Rest assure though,
The new trademark does not have any problem like it did with the old trademark.

http://tsdr.uspto.go...cIndex=5&page=1

EXAMINER’S AMENDMENT

ISSUE/MAILING DATE: 8/27/2013

DATABASE SEARCH:  The trademark examining attorney has searched the USPTO’s database of registered and pending marks and has found no conflicting marks that would bar registration under Trademark Act Section 2(d).  TMEP §704.02; see 15 U.S.C. §1052(d).

APPLICATION HAS BEEN AMENDED:  The trademark examining attorney is amending the application as follows.  No prior approval or authorization from applicant or applicant’s attorney is required. TMEP §707.02.

MARK DESCRIPTION

The following description of the mark is added to the record:

The mark consists of the word “AGENT” with the shape of a handgun comprising the internal section of the letter “G”.  The mark appears over a shaded background.

With this being said, I am sure we should hear something about AGENT very soon.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, above dude! ^ Very exciting. We have not seen a new Rockstar IP in years 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm so curious about this game. It could be something really, really great.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, above dude! ^ Very exciting. We have not seen a new Rockstar IP in years 

That's true, the last new Rockstar IP we had was Table Tennis? That is if you don't count L.A. Noire.

Anyway, do you guys still think it would be developed by Rockstar North? It seems like it might not be developed by Rockstar North after all judging by the Rockstar North official website. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

It could become a collaboraton project, just like Max Payne 3. I think Rockstar North dropped it somewhere on the way to focus completely on GTA V and GTA Online.

• lh1 likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

It could become a collaboraton project, just like Max Payne 3. I think Rockstar North dropped it somewhere on the way to focus completely on GTA V and GTA Online.

Could be, but who would be the other studios ? I think it's probably Rockstar Toronto since Rockstar New England should be working on Bully 2 while Rockstar San Diego on Red Dead 3.

Do you think AGENT would be announced in this November like how it was with LA Noire and released in just 6 months later? I think it could be given that L.A. Noire has very little promotions yet did so well even more so than Max Payne 3 which obviously has a lot more promotions and marketing than L.A. Noire received. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Some people speculate about a reveal in December, during the VGAs 2013. It is absolutely possible. I believe it could be released somewhere at the end of 2014.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

How good is Agent suppose to be

I heard that the open world is supposedly bigger then GTA 5?

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

thanks for your responses guys, I appreciate them

(sarcasm)

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

We have no clue about that at all, not to mention we are not even sure if it's an open world game. 

Personally, I don't expect AGENT to be the same level as GTA V.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by Dobleh, 02 October 2013 - 09:46 AM.

i've been thinking if AGENT will plays out like Bully/GTA V and Hitman series. i mean with the compact world like Bully and then some prepwork pre-mission (in this case maybe assassination) like we did in GTA V, and lots of close killing technique like in Hitman series. imagine if we can hire some experts to get the job done. if you guys already watched MUNICH movie, you know what i'm talking about.

also, (yes indeed we have a clue since a long time ago) the proto AGENT game developed by R* San Diego was a sandbox game. if R* North still working on the same game, then yes AGENT is a sandbox game. Source: http://www.unseen64....-ps2-cancelled/

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:22 AM Edited by lh1, 02 October 2013 - 10:22 AM.

i've been thinking if AGENT will plays out like Bully/GTA V and Hitman series. i mean with the compact world like Bully and then some prepwork pre-mission (in this case maybe assassination) like we did in GTA V, and lots of close killing technique like in Hitman series. imagine if we can hire some experts to get the job done. if you guys already watched MUNICH movie, you know what i'm talking about.

also, (yes indeed we have a clue since a long time ago) the proto AGENT game developed by R* San Diego was a sandbox game. if R* North still working on the same game, then yes AGENT is a sandbox game. Source: http://www.unseen64....-ps2-cancelled/

Well it was quite a while ago, so they probably scrapped the idea and developed a new one, not to mention according to Rockstar North official website, AGENT is not listed there. I think AGENT is developed by Toronto now instead.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:00 AM Edited by Dobleh, 02 October 2013 - 11:03 AM.

Well it was quite a while ago, so they probably scrapped the idea and developed a new one, not to mention according to Rockstar North official website, AGENT is not listed there. I think AGENT is developed by Toronto now instead.

North's website just got massive upgraded a few months ago, while Social Club, TakeTwo and Rockstar Games website are basically still the same since AGENT got revealed. so we can't judge if North drop the project just because there's no AGENT logo on its web.

wait until they re-announce the game, and we'll know who develop it.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

We have no clue about that at all, not to mention we are not even sure if it's an open world game. 

Personally, I don't expect AGENT to be the same level as GTA V.

With Agent, Rockstar have said that they wanted to make the ultimate action game.

In Asked & Answered back in 2009, Rockstar also said that the game ''was shaping up to be something truly spectacular''.

I think there may be a reason why this game will come out on next-gen, and not current consoles. I'm very hyped for this!!

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm guessing Agent will be like Max Payne, can't really see it being open world- but hey, R* prove us wrong

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

The Agent logo is still listed as "Coming Soon" on the social club page. I really hope this game gets released. It'll probably come out for next-gen consoles however...

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

It might be stuck in 'development hell' as some developers call it, or they might be trying to create something this gen just cant handle.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

L.A.NOIRE and it's owned by Rockstar and developed by Team Bondi........

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Games developed by other companies shouldn't really count.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Games developed by other companies shouldn't really count.

While that is true, according to the official Rockstar North website http://www.rockstarnorth.com

Rockstar North did help to develop L.A. Noire. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users