Photo

Agent

813 replies to this topic
Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 03:42)
QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 23:35)
http://www.mcvuk.com...or-gta-iv/08476

Did no one even read this article yesterday

Read it and then tell me I'm a bullsh*tter

It's definitely possible. But still where did analyst Mike Pachter get that info from?
Did he hear it "through the grapevine"? There is no concrete source other than this.

Did you just say Mile Pachter ? the same guy who said that the next generation games will cost $80 ? yah, I wouldn't believe that guy

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 12:36)
I'd expect a reveal around December/January. I hope it's a PS4 exclusive too. Not that I despise XONE or PC players, but Agent would give me more reason to buy Sony's new console earlier biggrin.gif

Sure it would make sense if it were a PS4 exclusive since it was originally meant to be a PS3 exclusive but I don't think Sony will shell out the kind of cash needed to secure exclusivity on a new IP, especially if this game is coming out in the first year of the console's release which I think it will be.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

“Sony said to Take-Two ‘You've got to give us something else’ and the something else was a zombie game that Rockstar wanted to work on. But while Rockstar was in the planning phase, Dead Rising came out and Left 4 Dead was announced. Rockstar realised they were up against a saturated market and Valve. And ‘what can we possibly do that will be any better than what Valve's done?’.

That's interesting, I'm curious how it would have looked, I mean the zombie game.

EDIT: I still think AGENT will be a PlayStation 3 Exclusive.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Simon_V @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 09:24)
“Sony said to Take-Two ‘You've got to give us something else’ and the something else was a zombie game that Rockstar wanted to work on. But while Rockstar was in the planning phase, Dead Rising came out and Left 4 Dead was announced. Rockstar realised they were up against a saturated market and Valve. And ‘what can we possibly do that will be any better than what Valve's done?’.

That's interesting, I'm curious how it would have looked, I mean the zombie game.

If Agent comes out it won't be for PS3. Seeing GTA V is the last game coming out on PS3. Once GTA V comes out Next gen is just 2 months away. Not enough time for another WHOLE game and why would Rockstar want to hurt themselves?

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'd imagine Undead Nightmare may have been the result of their early work on the Zombie Game.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hm,it wouldn't be good if history repeat and Rockstar delay Agent now when MGS 5 and Splinter Cell:Blacklist are comeing soon.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by jamieleng, 25 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 00:40)
GTA IV was meant to be exclusive to Playstation but Microsoft payed at least 75 million to keep it Multiplatfrom and have timed exclusive DLC for Xbox, so Sony went to Rockstar later on and the idea of Agent was born

So despite Rockstar sold out for 75 mil, it's Microsoft who were greedy

GTA IV was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive, don't know where you got that from. Hell, even San Andreas was released on the original Xbox.

Edit: Oh, you're going by something Michael 'I get paid to guess wrongly' Pachter said. That guy is a joke & is as much a video game analyst as anyone here.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Has it been confirmed that agent is open world?

I have a feeling its going to take place in locations around Europe, each location is split up by big open levels, similar to dishonoured and Deus ex but on a bigger scale.

I'm certain one level will take place at Mont Blanc.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:07)

I have a feeling its going to take place in locations around Europe, each location is split up by big open levels, similar to dishonoured and Deus ex but on a bigger scale.

According to the first "previews" from like several years ago, yes. I think. It could have changed by now.

Now that you mention it with the game being set in Europe.. that would be pretty awesome. There are way too many games set in US only anyways. Europe also has lots of interesting places.. especially further back in history and since Agent is supposed to be set in the 70s during the cold war it can be great.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Divided Berlin from that era would be great.Also Prague and Paris.And maybe Switzerland as a neutral location.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

It's been 4 years already, give us some info R*!!!

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Dobleh, 26 July 2013 - 03:15 AM.

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:07)

the original AGENT planned for PS2/Xbox version was an open world game, according to this site. it's still likely that Rockstar North's AGENT will also adopt that open world concept, as Michael Shorrock wrote in PS Blog: "Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of CELL and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that." i think that statement indicated North's AGENT is a sandbox game, need bigger space hence utilized the advantage of blu-ray disc.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 19:55)
Divided Berlin from that era would be great.Also Prague and Paris.And maybe Switzerland as a neutral location.

Yeah it would be great to see some European locations. I'd imagine Washington, Cuba and China will feature also.. and possibly Korea (hopefully we get to assasinate Kim Jong Il).

ImPantsAtThis
  • ImPantsAtThis

Not a sweetie man.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

How do you guys hope this game will be?

Personally, I'm hoping for a cross between MGS3, Alpha Protocol and James Bond.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:09)

If Agent comes out it won't be for PS3. Seeing GTA V is the last game coming out on PS3. Once GTA V comes out Next gen is just 2 months away. Not enough time for another WHOLE game and why would Rockstar want to hurt themselves?

Manhunt 2 was released in 2007 I think, and it was released for PlayStation 2, Original XBox and PC. What would be wrong if R* would release AGENT for PlayStation 3 ?

There will still be a bigger audience on the PlayStation 3 then on PlayStation 4 in 2014.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Simon_V @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 18:09)

Manhunt 2 was released in 2007 I think, and it was released for PlayStation 2, Original XBox and PC. What would be wrong if R* would release AGENT for PlayStation 3 ?

There will still be a bigger audience on the PlayStation 3 then on PlayStation 4 in 2014.

I see what you mean, but I think a new IP on a next gen console will make a bigger splash

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Simon_V @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 13:09)

Those consoles had backwards capability at the time, unlike these new consoles.

If Agent were to come out, I'd expect an early console generation release date. For the most part there isn't hype around it like other R* games have so it would be a nice surprise without having to raise the bar compared to a previous installment. A fresh start when working with new hardware could be to R*'s advantage, rather than releasing another GTA that is lacking features.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (ImPantsAtThis @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 22:46)

A mix between Grand Theft Auto, Splinter Cell and Hitman.

ImPantsAtThis
  • ImPantsAtThis

Not a sweetie man.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Last time I checked, it was still set in the 70s. Because of this, I think it would be really cool if Agent were extremely stylised and had a really unique soundtrack.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (ImPantsAtThis @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:26)
Last time I checked, it was still set in the 70s. Because of this, I think it would be really cool if Agent were extremely stylised and had a really unique soundtrack.

Hadn't even thought of that. The soundtrack is going to be glorious.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 15:49)
QUOTE (acmilano @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 19:55)

Yeah it would be great to see some European locations. I'd imagine Washington, Cuba and China will feature also.. and possibly Korea (hopefully we get to assasinate Kim Jong Il).

I think Cairo, Egypt has been more or less confirmed as a location in the game (http://shogungamer.c...-spy-game-agent)

I'm also pretty sure we will see some Washington DC, Cuba, Berlin and China.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (ImPantsAtThis @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 04:26)

what do you mean by "extremely stylised"?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (ImPantsAtThis @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 15:46)

I'm expecting a cross between Manhunt and Max Payne, with some Splinter Cell elements. Hopefully the close-quarters combat takes from The Warriors. THAT would make this the ultimate action game.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

The thing is Agent is a new IP which only hardcore Rockstar fans even know about. Why would anybody Develop it for PS3 knowing it doesn't have a huge following, better hardware is on PS4. The only way I see it being release for PS3 is if it's release for both PS4 and PS3.

ImPantsAtThis
  • ImPantsAtThis

Not a sweetie man.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Dobleh @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (ImPantsAtThis @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 04:26)

what do you mean by "extremely stylised"?

Frequently used dynamic soundtrack, cinematic lighting (moreso than other R* games) for cutscenes, vibrant colours, that sort of stuff.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Is this going to be a PS4 exclusive?

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Stormingz @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:52)
Is this going to be a PS4 exclusive?

we don't know, it could be a multi platform by now. time will tell.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

This has to be the Machiavelli of video games if it ever does see the light of day.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

And that game didn't sell so well, dude. Also, it wasn't released for the original Xbox, it was a Wii (technically a current gen console at the time) game.

So I still expect to see Agent on new consoles as well.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is this guy talking about Agent?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users