Agent

774 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Beee @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 22:14)
had a fun thought...

since its Playstation exclusive, and they want it to be like when gta were the big frontrunner for the playstation, exclusive..

then my guess, close work with sony for a PS4 release..

I think that's pretty obvious now.

Beee
  • Beee

Beee

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 23:15)
QUOTE (Beee @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 22:14)
had a fun thought...

since its Playstation exclusive, and they want it to be like when gta were the big frontrunner for the playstation, exclusive..

then my guess, close work with sony for a PS4 release..

I think that's pretty obvious now.

yeah tounge.gif but as a ps4 release game.. could just as easily come out a year later, for example if it was made for the ps3 when they started they have do a lot of changes...

also with all the time it has taken..

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Why releasing it on next gen console if the PS3 can still handle it? That would be sucks if R* going to release this only for next gen consoles. They should atleast release this for PS3 so the current gen console gamer can enjoy this game. I won't buy a new PS4 or Xbox 720 just for this game. Too f*cking expensive...

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 11:21)
Why releasing it on next gen console if the PS3 can still handle it? That would be sucks if R* going to release this only for next gen consoles. They should atleast release this for PS3 so the current gen console gamer can enjoy this game. I won't buy a new PS4 or Xbox 720 just for this game. Too f*cking expensive...

New IP + next gen console = perfect match icon14.gif

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Dobleh @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 12:28)

Yeah but not all can't bought new next gen consoles. Unless if is GTA games..

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 15:05)

time will tell, my friend.

ēŅF°ŮŮ4L°É£?ē
  • ēŅF°ŮŮ4L°É£?ē

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 19:05)

If it releases with a new console they will just bundle it so when you buy a new console for an extra $30 you get the game or something like that, that helps it move copies, I think people will be more keen to fork out this time since waiting such a long time. The xbox 360 sold like 6 million in 6 months, ps3 sold a similar amount.

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

This game is obviously a PS4 exclusive now, smart move from sony

Alot of people will hop over to playstation because off this.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 09:17)

Why would people hop over to Playstation for a game that may not even exist anymore? There has been no news in what, 3/4 years? Its dead, leave it alone.

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 14:17)

Why would people hop over to Playstation for a game that may not even exist anymore? There has been no news in what, 3/4 years? Its dead, leave it alone.

Doesn't mean it's dead, you dipsh*t

And it's a playstation exclusive, and you most likely don't own one, so i wouldn't have expected anything else aye.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

It isn't dead it's been the down low for a reason dude, so Rockstar can get there current stuff done and dusted

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by OchyGTA, 01 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 14:23)

It isn't dead it's been the down low for a reason dude, so Rockstar can get there current stuff done and dusted

Do you have any proof of this? Last thing that was said about it was at E3 2011 where Jack Tretton (CEO of SCE) said he had no idea what was happening with the game and was unaware as to whether it was even still an exclusive. If Sony are so in the dark over a game that is supposed to be an exclusive to their platform, that surely indicates that the game has either been reworked from the ground up and is a different IP or that Rockstar have abandoned the game completely.

E:
And it's a playstation exclusive, and you most likely don't own one, so i wouldn't have expected anything else aye.

Well since Jack Tretton hasn't got a clue as to whether its still a Playstation exclusive, I wouldn't bank on that. And what's me no longer owning a Playstation got to do with anything? Am I not allowed to express my opinion just because I don't have a PS3. Fanboys are such a joke.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

You probably remember Agent, the vaunted PS3 Rockstar exclusive, but you may not be aware that Bioware was actually working on a video game using the very same title.

But while weíre currently unaware of the status of Rockstarís Agent, whether itís dissipated into vapourware or sitting in a box somewhere next to the Ark of the Covenant ó we just donít know. We do, however, know that Biowareís Agent game was cancelled ó a victim of the global recession.

wow.gif

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 06:21)

I still don't get how ALOT of people will get a PS4 for a game that nothing is known about. notify.gif

You're acting like its GTA V
Butthurt PS3 fan is butthurt

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 13:29)

I still don't get how ALOT of people will get a PS4 for a game that nothing is known about. notify.gif

Then why would anyone get a video game console? We might as all just stop buying them if we're gonna stop buying new IPs. Let's all hold hands and sing songs about how new franchises died before they even started.

And besides, it's going to be a PS3 game. Not a PS4 game. Everyone who said anything about the next console generation starting in 2013 are just pulling sh*t from their asses, or sh*t that they got from some anonymous idiot who decided to send an email. Very convincing no? Here's the truth people. We wont see new consoles until the end of 2014 at the very earliest. My personal guess is 2015.

Anyway about what Jack said about Agent. Back in June he said...

You couldnít have said it better when you said Agent from Rockstar. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment. The minute I start working for Rockstar, Iíll have some definitive information for you on Agent, but Iíd suggest you interview one of those guys. Thatís what Iíve said for the last five years, and Iíll continue to do that

So ask R* when it's going to happen. Sony are even telling you to do it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

The time it takes to create a marketing campaign, design, graphics, electronics, testing, blah blah.. chances are it will be mid 2014-2015 before we see NGC's. They have to test the market as well prior to release. To see how revenue will be, all that corporate ish.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (ioN @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 12:38)

Then why would anyone get a video game console? We might as all just stop buying them if we're gonna stop buying new IPs. Let's all hold hands and sing songs about how new franchises died before they even started.

And besides, it's going to be a PS3 game. Not a PS4 game. Everyone who said anything about the next console generation starting in 2013 are just pulling sh*t from their asses, or sh*t that they got from some anonymous idiot who decided to send an email. Very convincing no? Here's the truth people. We wont see new consoles until the end of 2014 at the very earliest. My personal guess is 2015.

You couldnít have said it better when you said Agent from Rockstar. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment. The minute I start working for Rockstar, Iíll have some definitive information for you on Agent, but Iíd suggest you interview one of those guys. Thatís what Iíve said for the last five years, and Iíll continue to do that

Wait what? I was just saying that not that many people will get a PS4 just for agent if it is released for it. Calm your nuts.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (ioN @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 20:38)

Oh ok I guess I'll listen to you on when the new consoles are out, not the countless number of video game websites and analysts predicting a release by the end of this year. Chances are that if the new Xbox is in production, as many believe it to be, then the next Playstation is in production as well.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I hope there is a slight chance for some news about this game like very soon this year honestly and I'm curious to see about the video game very much actually. The development of Agent could be in-production don't you think? I mean, Rockstar North got alot of teams set out into different development groups and I reckon they might finish off Grand Theft Auto V's development pretty soon I'd say.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

and here i come into this bumped topic thinking there was actual news lol.

fingers crossed this is still in production
look how long it took for RDR, LA Noir, and MP3 to finally come around after years in the wilderness.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

This game will probably takes ages to be released...first it will be GTA V's time to shine and since this is such a major title, perhaps including dlcs, this shining time will be long and Agent won't come out so early.

Which R* studio is working on Agent?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 16:04)
This game will probably takes ages to be released...first it will be GTA V's time to shine and since this is such a major title, perhaps including dlcs, this shining time will be long and Agent won't come out so early.

Which R* studio is working on Agent?

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Agent is a stealth action video game currently in development by Rockstar North for the PlayStation 3. In July 2007

Agent seems to be next generation obviously... new console probably going to be announced with E3

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Why is everyone so excited and eager for Agent? We don't know anything about it, other than the fact it's R* which only makes it 50% good from what we know. It could just be another linear game like MP3...

allah_akbar
  • allah_akbar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

It's about espionage during Cold War, dude. It has to be cool.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I hope it doesn't turn into a RAGE or Duke Nukem

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think Agent will be a PS4 launch title/first next-gen R* game. It'll probably receive mixed to poor reviews but they'll reuse the game engine for better games later down the track.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

what's supposed to be about anyways

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 21:25)
Why is everyone so excited and eager for Agent? We don't know anything about it, other than the fact it's R* which only makes it 50% good from what we know. It could just be another linear game like MP3...

Linear games don't always have to be bad. I do enjoy the Max Payne franchise.
And to a certain extent, most, if not every game(s) are linear.
After a while, you have to pass a certain area to unlock the next event. However, sure MP 3 is absolutely linear, but fun nonetheless.

The thing that appears to be interesting about Agent is the setting and the fact that Rockstar are developing. Espionage during the cold war...perfect setting for some James Bondish sh*t. The only thing that worries me a bit is that we all know the outcome of the cold war...no war.

So if R* decides to stay historically accurate, the end is already well known. If they decide to create a ficitional ending, it can be full of surprises.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Instead of taking cue from 007 movies, I'd prefer a movie like Spielberg's Munich as an inspiration. It's a dark and gritty movie about espionage and assassination.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Dobleh @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 23:31)
Instead of taking cue from 007 movies, I'd prefer a movie like Spielberg's Munich as an inspiration. It's a dark and gritty movie about espionage and assassination.

icon14.gif Yeah I totally agree with you... Great movie anyway...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users