Photo

Error RGSC101

8 replies to this topic
ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:04 AM Edited by ikt, 03 June 2009 - 06:11 AM.

Hi smile.gif

Whenever i try to launch GTA IV on this computer, it shows a dialog with the fatal error RGSC101. This one has this too:
http://www.gtaforums...8061&hl=RGSC101

There aren't any fixes on the interwebz afaik, so does anybody know how to fix this? I just bought a new computer that is over 9000 times better than the old computer (and the old one can run GTA IV on medium)

Specs:
Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD4830
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Now, this pc shouldn't be the problem, it's twice as fast. (expect for the GPU, i removed it from the old machine and put it in this one, which shouldn't be a problem since i can play all old games (copy'd to here, GTA IV freshly installed.) )

So... why?

And can someone translate this crap:

نقل قول:
دوستان من يه مشكلي دارم با اين بازي
نصبش كردم و آخرين پچ رو هم روش ريختم و از كرك Razor استفاده كردم ولي وقتي ميخوام وارد بازي بشم ارور RGSC101 رو ميده
نميدونم بايد چي كارش كنم
ويندوز سرويس پك 3 دارم
رم 2 گيگابايت

گرافيك هم 8800
مشكلش چيه؟ CPU E6400 2.13 كه اوركلاك شده و 3.6 گيگاهرتز هستش الان
ببین این دوتا رو سیستمت نصبه، اگه نیست نصب کن!
.NET Framework v3.5
NET Framework v3.5 SP1

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Reinstall .net framework. If unsure, look in the FAQ.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

.net problem fixed, now i have a new problem. DEP is being a bitch. I am vista hate-o-meter is slowly raising while my Windows 7/XP like-o-meter is rising fast.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

Try adding both launchiv.exe and gtaiv.exe to the DEP exclusion list.

Right click on My Computer, properties, advanced tab, performance field, settings button, data execution prevention tab, check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those select". Finally click the Add button and browse to the GTAIV install dir.

Otherwise I would recommend getting the 64 bit Windows 7 RC as it (IMO) offers best performance for GTAIV.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 4 2009, 05:45)
Try adding both launchiv.exe and gtaiv.exe to the DEP exclusion list.

Right click on My Computer, properties, advanced tab, performance field, settings button, data execution prevention tab, check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those select". Finally click the Add button and browse to the GTAIV install dir.

Otherwise I would recommend getting the 64 bit Windows 7 RC as it (IMO) offers best performance for GTAIV.

I've been thinking of that. tounge.gif And DEP doesn't work, GTA IV MUST have DEP enabled, sais the DEP sh*t.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

I don't get it, DEP is supposed to be always working. Unless you specify some app it should eave alone.

I had that issue on some random occurrence, but it went away by itself (at least I haven't changed anything intentionally). You could try setting the compatibility for launch.exe and gtaiv.exe to some lower windows version.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:38 PM Edited by ikt, 04 June 2009 - 05:32 PM.

Nothing at all. suicidal.gif

YES! It's FIXED! biggrin.gif

Just dump the xlive on it.

Aleksander304
  • Aleksander304

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:15 PM Edited by Aleksander304, 21 November 2009 - 06:19 PM.

Hey, guys... I know that this topic is getting kinda old, but I'll ask anyway.

No matter what I do (reinstall .NET Framework, reinstall the game, reinstall Games for Windos Live etc.) I still get the error mentioned above (GTA IV Fatal Error - RGSC101)... I am getting kinda depressed, beacuse I can't play the godda*n game! sad.gif

Any help? That would REALLY be appreciated!

Regards,

-Aleksander

P.S. I got this error when I installed the latest patch (1.0.0.4). I had asi loader, ScriptHook, FileCheckFix and the Simple Native Trainer installed before... I dunno if that can effect anything, beacuse I deleted all of the files in the game dir that were left in it (asi loader etc.), but I thought it's better to let you guys know... And I ain't some kinda computer genius (I know some basics of C++ language, but who cares), so if there is any procedure, that can help and that you will post (if you will...) - could you please tell me EXACTLY where to download that or where EXACTLY is that icon thingy (lol biggrin.gif )/dir that I need to go in.... Anyway.... enough of my bulls**t... I would really appreciate any help!

Aleksander304
  • Aleksander304

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:26 PM Edited by Aleksander304, 21 November 2009 - 06:53 PM.

Sry, for double posting, but I think this is quite important!

When I uninstalled the game, I got some kinda error. It mentioned SecuROM in it, but I really can't remember what it said... I just wanted to provide you guys as much information as I can. I dunno, maybe that's the problem... I'll try to uninstall again, and see if it still pops up.

P.S. I have Daemon Tools installed, but it was turned off during the installation/uninstallation... and when I had the previous version of the game I downloaded a fix for SecuROM, beacuse the game kept giving me an error message about it, right after I installed the Daemon Tools.... 'till the new patch was installed everything worked fine! Geeze, I've really fu**ed up, haven't I?? mercie_blink.gif

EDIT: When I start the uninstallation and when it gets to the SecuROM removement/deletion I click on Yes and it starts removing and when it gets to the end I get this error - ''Not all SecuROM components could be removed. Please reboot and make sure to log in under an account having administrator privileges.''

I HAVE ONLY 1 ACCOUNT AND I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS XP!!! WTF?? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users