99 replies to this topic
Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

@markjaysongalang
In Xara set the background color to 182741 you'll get the default background color that the GTAF uses but also works pretty good when other web backgrounds are used

markjaysongalang
  • markjaysongalang

MarkJ-0699

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Dec 23 2009, 19:38)
@markjaysongalang
In Xara set the background color to 182741 you'll get the default background color that the GTAF uses but also works pretty good when other web backgrounds are used

But if I use another forum skin (Currently Using christmas), I will see the background color....

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Ok let me explain that in better detail.
Set the background color in Xara but make sure when you do Export Animation that Options->Transparent is set.

I know it doesn't make sense and it shouldn't matter what the background color is since with Transparent set it shouldn't show up anyway, but the problem is what using a GIF does to the image before it makes it a color or area transparent. If a GIF used more colors than 256 then it would come out better no matter what color is the background.

markjaysongalang
  • markjaysongalang

MarkJ-0699

• Members

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:55 AM

How to set transparent background in Xara3D6?

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I need help.
In the second method,Step-6=When i find the edges.how i convert it to vector image.Simly when i find the edges then i save it to ".wmf"Format it don't work.when i save it as ".emf" format inkscape saves it but when i open emf file in Xara 3d it don't take that look i want.Why?

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:06 PM Edited by Graven, 13 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Do not trace colored image.

First in Photoshop or gimp save the texture as png if You want to use a texture in your model.
Then make another version of the same png, but use FX->color overlay to create a 1-color version. Can be any color, I use always black.

Open the 1-color png in inkscape. Make sure itīs selected. Path->trace bitmap, in the settings select remove background, "colors" and where it says 8 change that to 2.
You can play with the other settings too. By default Inkscape creates quite roundish edges, but they usually work ok in the default settings.
Do the trace. Make sure itīs 1 piece (view->display mode, outline). DELETE the source file!!!
File->document properties->page to content size. Save as .emf

Load it in Xara and use as button or board (button will have front face only, board can have front and back)
Then in texture tab, load the texture. When using bevels (which makes the animation reflections flashier) You need to resize and maybe move the texture little. This is also dependent what kind of bevel is used.

If You trace a complex multicolor bitmap in Inkscape it can be a tedious job to get the right outlines, thatīs why itīs good to make a 1-color png and trace that.

Some extra hints:
The bigger your png is, the better the trace result will be. Drag to smaller size before saving to .emf
If the model is close to a basic shape, do not trace! Use Inkscapeīs basic or/and path tools to create the image. This is always 100x times better method than tracing.
You can also make some basic models in Xara (design option), triangles, rectangles, rounded rectangles etc.

And for godīs sake go through Inkscapeīs tutorial first, it comes with the program.

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

@Graven:Thanks very much.
i recieved a request of a animated avatar.So i made this see:
user posted image

Og M0nEy
  • Og M0nEy

General of BTS Military

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hey guys question im trying to figure out step by step how to make a turf map. are there any tutorials if so please point me in the right direction.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Og M0nEy @ Friday, May 3 2013, 14:27)
Hey guys question im trying to figure out step by step how to make a turf map. are there any tutorials if so please point me in the right direction.

Did You try search? It does come up with a hit of nicīs tutorial:

http://www.gtaforums...opic=518582&hl=

Og M0nEy
  • Og M0nEy

General of BTS Military

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Ok graven thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users