» «
Photo

Left 4 Dead 2

953 replies to this topic
Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:17 AM Edited by Stink_Fist, 02 June 2009 - 04:27 AM.

user posted image

Left 4 Dead 2 takes place in the South of the USA, beginning in Savannah, eventually reaching New Orleans. There’s four new characters to play, each with back-stories to be hinted at in their conversations. Coach is a high school football coach from the Savannah area, used to leading the kids, comfortable in his life, and perhaps not enamoured by the arrival of a zombie attack. There’s Rochelle, from Cleveland originally, working for a cable news network. She’s producing a segment on this strange story occurring in Savannah, and gets caught up in the events. Ellis is a Southern boy mechanic, an enthusiastic but smart guy with a “Southern flair”. Finally there’s Nick, a gambler and a conman, unsure of his company and cynical about the events.

Read the full article here.

user posted image
user posted image

I rather enjoyed the first L4D, very fun at times, especially with the 4 player co-op! Looking forward to this one, is anyone else? Discuss!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

Hive mind. nervous.gif

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

Six minutes too late. Damn

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

Holly sh*t.

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

Wow, cheers for that Pat. Great contribution to the topic icon14.gif cookie.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:44 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 02 June 2009 - 06:47 AM.

Imagine if Left 4 Dead made it to 4 games? It would be Left 4 Dead 4. Or have it as "Left 4 Dead 4 Sure". lol lol.gif

Anyway looks pretty good. Always wanted to try the first one out. Some day I will. smile.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

What a diference between this one is the first. Looks much real and much better than first Left 4 Dead and allways you don't need a great PC for Valve games. That's way they are so great in gaming and unique. icon14.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

I take it this is exclusive to 360 and PC again? The first game looked so much fun so even if there’s a remote chance it or the sequel could make it to PS3 I’d be so excited.

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

I like it. i just wished it came to PS3 too, but I doubt it. Lucky Iʻve got both systems biggrin.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

Why not call it Left 2 Die, or something?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Jun 2 2009, 12:58)
Why not call it Left 2 Die, or something?

Hahaha, that'd be brilliant. Well, I did that alot with teammates who never helped out or never played in team.

They deserved it though... :]. Also, I left the pill addicted Louis behind ALOT. He kept on distracting me with his PEELZ HERE, GRABBIN PEELZ. I find it too goddamn funny. At first I never found it funny but the first time I played it (during the free weekend :]) and heard GRABBING PEELZ for the first time I couldn't stop laughing.

Ah... all the characters were brilliant. Bill is still my favourite though.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

I never understood the game dozingoff.gif wanna play L4D? Yeah, just get the demo and play a few rounds with your friends, there's all the fun you'll ever get out of it.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 2 2009, 13:48)
I never understood the game dozingoff.gif wanna play L4D? Yeah, just get the demo and play a few rounds with your friends, there's all the fun you'll ever get out of it.

So I guess the demo gave you full access to the achievements, versus, survival mode and all four campaigns then?

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (gta_king @ Jun 2 2009, 16:11)
QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 2 2009, 13:48)
I never understood the game  dozingoff.gif wanna play L4D? Yeah, just get the demo and play a few rounds with your friends, there's all the fun you'll ever get out of it.

So I guess the demo gave you full access to the achievements, versus, survival mode and all four campaigns then?

Meh, was pretty much the same for me. Played the demo few times, then tried the full version for about an hour. Got bored.

Though, maybe I should give it another try sometime.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm surprised they are bringing out L4D 2 out so soon to be honest. I really enjoyed the first, even more so when they updated it with Survival mode. I might buy the game, a couple months after release date.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

Well, I like the original Left 4 Dead, and I could see L4D2 working excellently. May get the 360 version instead of the PC version though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

I dunno. I didn't like L4D at all. It was kinda boring, even in co-op. Maybe this one will be fun, but I doubt it.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Kinda ridiculous to release a new game 1 year after the first. They said they'd be supportingh L4D for a long time, adding new content and such. Yet, where's the DLC? Where's the sourcecode? If this comes out full priced, it'll feel like the people who got the first L4D got shafted, specially after they announced they might include the 4 maps from the first in this second. Kinda makes the first L4D nothing but a beta test.
So either Valve is turning into EA, or they're going to make this the DLC or simply some expansion of some sort.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

err did anyone else notice this run past the camera ahh shark man

user posted image

lol

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

If you'd of looked at other video's you'd of just noticed that the guy is in a HASMAT suit wink.gif

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Jun 2 2009, 07:23)
What a diference between this one is the first. Looks much real and much better than first Left 4 Dead and allways you don't need a great PC for Valve games. That's way they are so great in gaming and unique. icon14.gif

Yeah I agree, looks much better than the 1st one. A f*cking axe and chainsaw. HELL YES!

BTW- I love your sig, I love K&L biggrin.gif

Ænemy
  • Ænemy

Digital/Concept Artist

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

Better not be another $50.

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Well, there's not much to be said here. The game looks as solid as the original, but I wonder what else they are including that would justify everyone paying another $50 other than some incendiary bullets and an axe? Assuming they will be pricing this at $50.

Not much information has actually been given, aside from the little tidbits in the video and the E3 trailer. The hick-tank looks very funny, though.

Rios44
  • Rios44

Worth the wait

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Jesus'En'Hitler420 @ Jun 2 2009, 23:42)
Well, there's not much to be said here. The game looks as solid as the original, but I wonder what else they are including that would justify everyone paying another $50 other than some incendiary bullets and an axe? Assuming they will be pricing this at $50.

Not much information has actually been given, aside from the little tidbits in the video and the E3 trailer. The hick-tank looks very funny, though.

The chainsaw really got my attention, but a story line would be good enough for me to buy the game for $50.

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:13 PM Edited by Jesus'En'Hitler420, 03 June 2009 - 03:17 PM.

It seems as though they are definitely pushing L4D2 as a full fledged game/sequel. This preview here from IGN is loaded with new information. \

Also, L4D1 is not left completely lost in the midst of the zombie chaos, fortunately. Here's a quote from Chet Faliszek on updates for L4D1.

Shacknews: Will updates for the original Left 4 Dead continue?

Chet Faliszek: Looking at Left 4 Dead 1, we have updates still coming out for it. Next week we'll be talking about the community map update, so that's coming. There's some other stuff we're not talking about yet, that's coming for that, that will explain why the Left 4 Dead SDK tools are different from previous ones. And then we still have four vs. four matchmaking coming. So we're not putting that to bed yet.

EDIT: One thing I'd like to mention that caught my eye reading through the IGN preview is about the "Savannah" campaign. They mention the zombie infection hasn't had a full impact yet. I wonder how it will not only play out in SP, but how about in Versus?

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

Chet Faliszek: You know coach Cutty [character Denise "Cutty" Wise on The Wire, played by Chad L. Coleman], the guy that works with the boxing kids? He voices Coach.

http://www.shacknews...?id=1138&page=2

icon14.gif They went and redeemed themselves.. A little. I still think this is shameless retarded milking. New maps, new guns, new characters, 'Director 2.0'? With all the changes they made to TF2 it would add up to something like this in size and scope as well. I guess the problem is that the TF2 team has a spine and a moral character they want to preserve. This sh*t's gonna end up being like Call of Duty with a new sequel every year, every single one fundamentally the same as the old one. Bah.

I'll still buy it though.. suicidal.gif

looloolooigotsomeapples
  • looloolooigotsomeapples

Winnar

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

f*cking brilliant. It does seem like they could just release it as DLC, but oh well. It looks great, I will preorder it the second it is available to be preordered.
And what the f*ck is up with the hillbilly tank thing? It looks like the offspring of a boomer and a tank. I am hoping there are more than the original 5.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (looloolooigotsomeapples @ Jun 3 2009, 18:13)
And what the f*ck is up with the hillbilly tank thing? It looks like the offspring of a boomer and a tank. I am hoping there are more than the original 5.

There's a few new ones, and a few re-done ones. You've got the charger, new one, and the wandering witch, which is basically a witch that walks around until disturbed.

I hate those witches. Ugh.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

I think the hillbilly tank thing's a charger.

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jun 2 2009, 08:27)
I take it this is exclusive to 360 and PC again? The first game looked so much fun so even if there’s a remote chance it or the sequel could make it to PS3 I’d be so excited.

Same here. vALVE have allowed for a PS3 port by EA. It's just up to them to do it, and just hope it doesn't come out as glitchy as The Orange Box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users