Photo

The Official: Just Cause 2 Thread

810 replies to this topic
gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Feb 24 2010, 07:31)
When is this out?

23. of next month. Can't wait. smile.gif

Holy sh*t did anyone see the requirements? I man f*ck... It looks pretty good but not THAT good.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Demo coming March 4th, I'm pretty excited to try out the new Grappling Hook; http://www.el33tonli..._demo_dropping/

Marco_GTA
  • Marco_GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Sweet dealio and they say it's one of the biggest free roaming demos, I'll definately be downloading this as soon as it comes.

I need to see how it's better than the first before I buy so this is a good thing because if there was no demo I'd probably not buy it because it's one of those games that you can't be sure whether it's good all not but this does look good and I can decide whether to buy or not when the demo comes. icon14.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'd better have my system back when this comes out.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

Nice that the demos coming out on the 4th will give me something to look forward to after a hard day. Hopefully it will be a good game as well.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

Something to play until BC2 arrives. Amazing. inlove.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

Demo is up on the xbox marketplace, not sure about psn but I do know the pc version is still coming.

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

Downloaded the demo now.

Will be playing shortly. Hell yeah.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Totally forgot about this, shall go download now and see how it is smile.gif

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

I don't know If you know this yet PC people, but this wont work on XP. Its locked out. Vista/7 only confused.gif
Read it on D-toid last week

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

This game (demo) is f*cking mad!!!!

All the explosions and grappling gun manuevers.

Any one grapple against a wall and pretend to be a mounted turret?

Or grapple an enemy and attach him to a tree so he becomes a pinata?

The whole time I was playing i got a Mercinaries vibe. It was really the black market and beacon thing. Its kind of a shame that the deliverys are cutscenes and not done live during the action ala Mercinaries.

I did notice a few bits or weiredes like out of place rocks and Rico crash off a bike at full speed, crying out in pain
and losing no health.

Also the reticule stays red even on a dead enemy so many times Im thinking 'Jeeze! This guy can take way to many bullets!' only to realize 20 seconds later he's dead. They did I guess so you gan stil grapple them and attach them to thing but why would you do that. Use the guys who are still alive!

Ahhhh between this, Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown my meager Yuoth Allowence is going to get very streched and owe back the government alot. tounge.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Haha first thing I did was grapple up a tree like a f*cking monkey.

This owns.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

Grapple an enemy and attach him to a fuel/gas canister and melee it so it rockets to the sky. You can guess the rest wink.gif

Or if you grapple one enemy and attach him to another... ph34r.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Mar 4 2010, 14:14)
Haha first thing I did was grapple up a tree like a f*cking monkey.

This owns.

Ha ha, amazing. inlove.gif

Can't wait.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

The demo is brilliant. First thing I tried was attaching somebody to a vehicle using the grapple, attaching moving vehicles to the road is awesome too. I haven't even gone for the objective and for all I care the game itself could have an awful storyline, the sandbox action is just too fun.

Antdoggxiv
  • Antdoggxiv

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

It's not on PSN ? even though it should be i signed out of BATTLEFIELD BC2 for nothing sad.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the game play is actually, meh and the only awesome thing seems to be the grapple and the sh*t you can do with it? I got into a chopper and f*ck me I felt like I wasn't moving at all, couldn't see around myself either. Honestly it was terrible. Also got thrown out of the game and back to the starting place for going out of the demo area.
Seriously though, the only really fun part of this game is the grapple. Driving is still as bad as the first game. Still feels like the first game if I'm honest. Played for an hour or so just because of the grapple.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

I was hyped when the 1st came out and disgusted after I bought it.
It had good ideas but awful graphics and gameplay.
I hope this is better but Idk if I'll risk my money on that.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

I thought the graphics were fine on the first, but the game lacked polish.

Downloading demo from steam right now.

Marco_GTA
  • Marco_GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

So I played the demo for a bit and the graphics are looking sweet, I got half way up the high mountain then it was getting too far and said to turn back because you can't go too far in demo and the view was amazing.

The fast cars feel a little weird but quite fun, when going in a straight line at high speed you have to be carefull not too spin out.

So the good and bad about this game so far are:

Graphics look very nice

all the shooting and all with the grapple hook is fun

very big place to explore

Lots of vehicles

Vehicles feel a little weird but kind of fun but helicopter wasn't very nice to fly but once again because it looks so good it being high and using grapple hook it makes it fun.

I never tried the missions but I don't expect them to be that good like the first one and probably get boring but the free roam is so fun.

I think I might just get this, the first was a big dissapointment but as soon as I got on this demo I was amazed really and I think the vehicles will be fun enough.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

this demo has to be the most fun demo in a long time.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Has there been any word on what time the demo will show up on the PS Store?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

Any PC gamers tried the demo yet? I grabbed the 360 version last night as it was the only version out but I am eager to see it on PC to compare. Specially the eye candy so its downloading as I speak. My impression of the 360 version is its alot of fun but much like Mercs 2 in that it may get a bit boring but given the size of the map and the varied terrain coupled with stunning visuals it should be some major fun!

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

Demo is up on the PS Store now. It's taking forever to download but that's to be expected since it's 1GB. I'm at about 20% now.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'm downloading PC demo right now. People say it's a lot of fun and there is a fair amount of land to free roam and destroy. Sounds like fun.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

anyone has problems with the PC demo? i'm getting a lot of crashes, and no reason on the internet. they appear randomly.

The demo is cool, but they didn't fix the damn handling. the vehicles have physics now, but they drive really bad.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Mar 5 2010, 19:16)
anyone has problems with the PC demo? i'm getting a lot of crashes, and no reason on the internet. they appear randomly.

The demo is cool, but they didn't fix the damn handling. the vehicles have physics now, but they drive really bad.

No crashing here, but vehicles handle worse then ever. Even Mercenaries 2 had better handling. Graphically it's impressive when you look at it as a still image, but physics and some animations aren't really that great. But I don't mind, it adds a certain old school feel to it. I like it. Draw distance is amazing like in first JC, but with all these new effects and Dx 10.1 it looks amazing.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Mar 5 2010, 17:16)

Do you get the video crashing and the sounds still going? If so turn off the GPU rendered water, that fixed it for me.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Haven't got the demo. i will definitely get it and see what it is like.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:35 PM Edited by Reconite, 06 March 2010 - 09:42 PM.

Holy f*ck! I just finished with the demo and it was f*cking brilliant! It's like a mix between Mercenaries 2 and Bionic Commando, so epic! I'm definitely going to pick this up when it's out, but I haven't played the first one. Should I buy it and play it before getting this?

Also, for the whole time of the demo, I didn't do anything I was told to (did they even give you something to do?) - I just went off free-roaming and doing stunts. I guess they give you something to do, but I didn't care.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users