Photo

The Official: Just Cause 2 Thread

810 replies to this topic
XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Agree! Just Cause looks very well. It's missing some physics and missions but it is still a great game.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

The first game was epic in size, just poor in repetitive missions. But it looks like Just Cause 2 is going in the right direction, can't wait for some awesome sky diving! colgate.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:22 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 13 December 2009 - 08:26 AM.

Just Cause 2 Getting a Limited Edition for the UK

Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced that all pre-orders for Just Cause™ 2 in the UK are to be shipped in an exclusive, limited edition format. Available to pre-order now, the pack contains an unmissable set of in-box and downloadable in-game tools for causing complete chaos by land, sea and air.

Featuring exclusive packaging, the limited run comes complete with the Black Market Chaos Pack, containing five must-have downloadable guns and gadgets, experimental and heavily upgraded items from the Agency’s research and development division, and a fold-out Panauan Intel Map, packed with information and hotspots for causing chaos and destruction.

• Agency Hovercraft
The ultimate in amphibious transport, the Agency Hovercraft is the most flexible form of transport in the game. Equipped with a turret-mounted grenade launcher, you’re guaranteed to blow your opposition out of the water
• Rico’s Signature Gun
Customised by the Agency and adapted for Rico’s shooting style, this deadly accurate and powerful pistol has precision, power and flair
• Bull’s Eye Assault Rifle
More powerful than the standard assault rifle, this lightweight and lethal automatic rifle features increased accuracy and a higher magnification scope
• Chevalier Classic
No agent should be without a hot set of wheels and with an increased top speed and superior handling, you can arrive at your destination in style or make a guaranteed quick getaway
• Chaos Parachute
Featuring a skull motif, make an entrance no one will forget … should you leave anyone alive to remember
• Panauan Intel map
With over 1000km² of tropical paradise to explore, the included fold-out Panauan Intel Map is an ideal reference tool for navigating around Panau, marking faction leader HQs, recommended BASE jump peaks and much more

The Just Cause 2 Limited Edition, complete with Black Market Chaos pack and Panauan Intel Map is available for pre-order now and will be available in strictly limited numbers. The only way to guarantee your copy is to pre-order from participating retailers. Information on pre-ordering is available on the official website at http://www.justcause.com/uk_pre-order

As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency’s most powerful weapon, players must take on the island of Panau and its military regime in order to track down Rico’s former boss and mentor, Tom Sheldon, who has gone rogue with millions in Agency cash and intel. Using a unique grapple and parachute combination, there is no vertical limit as the air becomes your playground: grapple a passing plane in flight, hijack helicopters, BASE jump from the tallest buildings or mountains and leave a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Just Cause 2 offers players the freedom to tackle missions any way they choose and, with over 100 vehicles and countless upgrades and collectibles, the choices for relentless adrenaline-fuelled action are limitless.

Just Cause 2 will be available in the UK from March 26th, 2010, for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows®, and will be released under the EIDOS brand portfolio. More information is available on the official website at www.justcause.com.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

I haven't actually played just cause, I'm probably going to borrow it off a mate. I don't know if iam going to get this it depends how good just cause is.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (DemonKing @ Jun 1 2009, 15:58)
[center]user posted image

Just Cause 2, IS multiplatform, so it's coming to PS3, PC and 360.

You can get rid of that fake boxart. Here's the real, official one:
user posted image

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

I'm worried about this... it LOOKS fantastic but.. so did mercs 2 before i played it, anyone know if the mechanics will actually work? or will it be like everything is glued down like in mercs 2?

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:17 AM

A little something for PS3 owners looking to get the game (or Xbo360 and PS3 owners who cant decide which version to get.)

News
PS3 Just Cause 2 Has Video Capture Built Right In
By Mike Fahey on January 23, 2010 at 5:20 AM

A game like Just Cause 2 is filled with explosive moments you’ll want to share with your friends, and PlayStation 3 players will be able to do just that, thanks to a PS3-exclusive built-in video capture feature.

Just Cause 2 is all about emergent action, letting the player decide how he or she wants to tackle any individual task. This leads directly to unique moments of gameplay that beg to be shared with the gaming public, and Square Enix London Studios has taken steps to make sure PlayStation 3 owners have that ability at their fingertips. Just Cause 2 for the PS3 will include a video capture feature that collects the previous 30 seconds of gameplay, processes it, and uploads it directly to the player’s YouTube channel, so when you do something incredibly dangerous – say, ramming an oil tanker with a jet fighter – you can quickly share it with the entire world.

For more elaborate stunts, the game menu will also feature a 10-minute capture option, allowing players to create mission walkthroughs, craft machinima, and otherwise eat up a lot of YouTube’s storage space.

The feature is only available on the PlayStation 3, which means that if you own both consoles you now have a good reason to pick one version over the other.

Just Cause 2 parachutes into North America on March 23.

Source

Seems like a neat feature. Good for those OMGWTF moments and wish you had a capture set-up or sorts.

As a 360 owner I miss out on this cool feature.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

Heck yes! lol

PS3 for the f*cking win biggrin.gif *no offense* but i simply CANNOT WAIT.. this game looks so god damn f*cking sweet... omfg omfg omfg omfg.. i can't believe how awesome it looks.. SERIOUSLY WOW biggrin.gif

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Oh, very nice. Video capturing features always rock. The video capture feature on GTA:IV is what made me buy it for PC even though I already had it on PS3.

This game is looking good, the UK exclusive content looks sweet also. Can't wait.

@ Flat Face: Whoa, don't cream yourself, man. tounge2.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

I will remain skeptical until I play a demo.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

The first one was full of potential, but it reeked of mediocrity. It lacked polish. What I'm hoping for from the second one is a larger city area. The "city" in Just Cause was made up from 10 buildings. I don't like all-jungle maps, A mix of city areas and "wild" ones is what I'm after (think San Andreas). If they don't make a good, large city, hopefully they'll make up for it with the diverse environments. In the first one 99.5% of the map was jungle, and the other 0.5% was the "big" city and those little towns.

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (gtathebest4ever @ Jan 23 2010, 07:16)
The first one was full of potential, but it reeked of mediocrity. It lacked polish. What I'm hoping for from the second one is a larger city area. The "city" in Just Cause was made up from 10 buildings. I don't like all-jungle maps, A mix of city areas and "wild" ones is what I'm after (think San Andreas). If they don't make a good, large city, hopefully they'll make up for it with the diverse environments. In the first one 99.5% of the map was jungle, and the other 0.5% was the "big" city and those little towns.

The cities don't look to be much better in JC2 from what I've seen. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though. I don't mind the vast jungle, I just wish there was more to 'find' in the first one. There were just little towns dotted around the map without much reason. The developers are promising that "every village, every town has a purpose...nothing is for shoe" but I'm skeptical so far. So much potential in the first game. I hope the second lives up to that potential.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

The second one has Snow, Jungle and Desert, so right off the bat it's instantly more varied than it's predecessor.

All the small areas with people (such as villages, military bases etc) seem to have destructible objects and are loaded with enemies, so that should provide some entertainment for a while. That straight away sounds more fun than...

1. Talk to guy
2. Shoot enemies
3. Blow up barricade
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 twice
5. Raise flag/Kill commander.

smile.gif

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Jan 24 2010, 18:34)
The second one has Snow, Jungle and Desert, so right off the bat it's instantly more varied than it's predecessor.

All the small areas with people (such as villages, military bases etc) seem to have destructible objects and are loaded with enemies, so that should provide some entertainment for a while. That straight away sounds more fun than...

Destructible environments icon14.gif
I saw videos with buildings being destroyed, but I thought those were just scripted events. It would be cool if you could shoot every tree down like in Crysis, but it probably won't happen (in the next 5 years).

Also, @foohy: Yeah, on the video where you jump off the huge building, you can see there's no "city" area around it, only mountains and jungles. That's why I'm kinda worried about this one. But it looks like the developers like making other parts of the island more, so lets just hope they do that part perfectly.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:14 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 26 January 2010 - 02:17 AM.

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jun 5 2009, 12:31)
..BUT the reality based games are my cup of tea....

Yeah me too.

I love the graphics. The envoirnment looks sweet - the water, misty clouds when you go up in the helicopter and explosions.

I thought the grappling thing then using your parachute is a bit OTT but it would probably be lots of fun.

Nice creative ways to kill people too. icon14.gif

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

anyone think this game will be better than gta4?

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

The achievements for this game have been released.

Just Cause 2 Achievements

Warning: Possible Spoilers.

I havent looked at them due to potential spoilers.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Vextroid @ Jan 26 2010, 17:03)
The achievements for this game have been released.

Just Cause 2 Achievements

Warning: Possible Spoilers.

I havent looked at them due to potential spoilers.

There are no spoilers, only "Do X, X times".

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:04 PM Edited by Blackadder., 26 January 2010 - 12:10 PM.

'Parachute Climber' seems like it will be fun to get.

Something tells me 'Trying Everything Once' is going to be a pain in the ass though.

EDIT: I hope the difficulty achievements are stackable..

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Just Cause 2 Pre-order DLC Video Available Now

You ask, we listen. With request after request coming in for some footage of the anticipated Just Cause 2 pre-order items, we’ve put together a trailer to showcase the awesome items of DLC available at launch. These five must-have downloadable guns and gadgets, and experimental and heavily upgraded items from the Agency’s research and development will take your Just Cause 2 gaming to a different level!

· Agency Hovercraft

The ultimate in amphibious transport, the Agency Hovercraft is the most flexible form of transport in the game. Equipped with a turret-mounted grenade launcher, you’re guaranteed to blow your opposition out of the water

· Rico’s Signature Gun

Customised by the Agency and adapted for Rico’s shooting style, this deadly accurate and powerful pistol has precision, power and flair

· Bull’s Eye Assault Rifle

More powerful than the standard assault rifle, this lightweight and lethal automatic rifle features increased accuracy and a higher magnification scope

· Chevalier Classic

No agent should be without a hot set of wheels and with an increased top speed and superior handling, you can arrive at your destination in style or make a guaranteed quick getaway

· Chaos Parachute

Featuring a skull motif, make an entrance no one will forget … should you leave anyone alive to remember

As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency’s most powerful weapon, players must take on the island of Panau and its military regime in order to track down Rico’s former boss and mentor, Tom Sheldon, who has gone rogue with millions in Agency cash and intel. Using a unique grapple and parachute combination, there is no vertical limit as the air becomes your playground: grapple a passing plane in flight, hijack helicopters, BASE jump from the tallest buildings or mountains and leave a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Just Cause 2 offers players the freedom to attack missions any way they choose and, with over 100 vehicles and countless upgrades and collectibles, the choices for relentless adrenaline-fuelled action are limitless.

You can find the Just Cause 2 pre-order DLC video on the Official Just Cause 2 website at www.JustCause.com

Comments [0]Digg it!Facebook

Marco_GTA
  • Marco_GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

There's now supposed to be a demo on it's way but they never said which platforms for, that's good because games like this needs demos so I can test car physics which is one of the important things for these games in my opinion.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

new video seriosuly like the ability to shoot gas can then ride it into the sky!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

the 1:23 reminded me of Mercs 2 tounge.gif

But seriously, hope it's a great game, muuuch better then the first and then i will buy it!

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'm really liking the changes in landscape - vast desert areas, nice beachside areas, bustling metropoloises...very nice smile.gif

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

This whole exclusive video capture thing for the PS3 version of Just Cause 2.....does anyone know if this literally just records the footage as it appears during gameplay, or can you also edit the footage and change the camera angles and zoom in and out of the recorded action? Basically like a director mode.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (rubix99 @ Feb 23 2010, 11:34)
This whole exclusive video capture thing for the PS3 version of Just Cause 2.....does anyone know if this literally just records the footage as it appears during gameplay, or can you also edit the footage and change the camera angles and zoom in and out of the recorded action? Basically like a director mode.

Going from previous games that have included the Feature, it allows you to record 10 minute clips of gameplay and either save it to your PS3s HDD or upload it straight to YouTube straight from teh PS3, which requires you to login to your YouTube account obviously, though it may be completly different. As i said though this is going from what previous titles with the feature have been able to do.

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Minic @ Feb 23 2010, 14:31)

Going from previous games that have included the Feature, it allows you to record 10 minute clips of gameplay and either save it to your PS3s HDD or upload it straight to YouTube straight from teh PS3, which requires you to login to your YouTube account obviously, though it may be completly different. As i said though this is going from what previous titles with the feature have been able to do.

Ok, but on previous games that have done that......were you able to alter the appearance of the video once it was recorded? Like change the camera angles at certain points in the video to give it a much more cinematic look?

The reason I ask is I only have a Xbox 360 and am interested in what can actually be done with this PS3 exclusive feature. If its just basically recording footage from the exact same viewpoints you get when actually playing the game (just like FRAPS does on PC games) then it does not really mean much to me since I have a DVD recorder that can do that.

But if you are able to do extra things with the recorded footage like pan the camera around and stuff so you could show explosions and stuff from different camera angles....that would be something to be jelous about.

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Jan 26 2010, 03:06)
There are no spoilers, only "Do X, X times".

You failed Algebra, didn't you? tounge2.gif

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (rubix99 @ Feb 23 2010, 17:54)
QUOTE (Minic @ Feb 23 2010, 14:31)

Ok, but on previous games that have done that......were you able to alter the appearance of the video once it was recorded? Like change the camera angles at certain points in the video to give it a much more cinematic look?

The reason I ask is I only have a Xbox 360 and am interested in what can actually be done with this PS3 exclusive feature. If its just basically recording footage from the exact same viewpoints you get when actually playing the game (just like FRAPS does on PC games) then it does not really mean much to me since I have a DVD recorder that can do that.

But if you are able to do extra things with the recorded footage like pan the camera around and stuff so you could show explosions and stuff from different camera angles....that would be something to be jelous about.

Ohhh, no there were not any specific footage editing tools for the recorded footage, it upload/saved raw footage.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

When is this out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users