mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (DML @ Nov 12 2009, 11:28)
QUOTE (chasez @ Nov 12 2009, 19:25)
Pretty sure, yeah.

I think if you asked around a bit on this forum, there'd be quite a few who couldn't give two sh*ts about DLC. I'm one of them.

Count me in.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

Naturally the DLC on the PC will cost points, that goes without saying. I can understand why the naysayers are not happy about the DLC but I for one cannot wait to play the DLC on the PC. I would of course prefer to skip TLaD and go straight to TBoGT but this is the way it has to be.

I certainly don't mind slapping down a tenner for the DLC to get a bit more life out of GTA 4. After all the DLC will be the last GTA content the PC gets for the next 2 years. Plus it is another opportunity to show Rockstar that they are wrong to treat the PC with such disdain biggrin.gif .

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:57 PM Edited by sjaak327, 12 November 2009 - 03:00 PM.

Well if Rockstar will be like they are with patch 5, I for one will not bother to purchase any DLC.

Preventing modding in MP is one thing, to also prevent it in SP is yet another, I will not be bothered to spend money on a game, that cannot be modded.

Too bad Rockstar, you really aren't doing yourself any favours, Mods make the game so much more playable and fun, preventing mods still doesn't make the game mediocre, but it's shelf life is so much shorter.

The main reason why GTAIV is such a great game, is that beside the missions and sub missions, the engine allows for great game play. Scriptmods that let you spawn and move objects, peds and cars, are indispensible to be able to take full advantage of this engine. Now you seem to forcefully prevent this since patch 5, therefore in reality, besides misions and sub missions, there isn't much left to do in GTAIV and since we cannot use script mods in SP, I don't see any reason to spend money on a game that I stop playing after I've done all the missions.

I guess instead of really preventing MP cheating in a proper way, you took the cheap way out, and preventing modding alltogether. That you cut the potential of your own game apparently is of no concern, in the end I think it will lower your sales.

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

What? They don't prevent modding in single player, you just need to wait for modders to update their mods, it was the same with every patch. bored.gif

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Nov 12 2009, 15:03)
What? They don't prevent modding in single player, you just need to wait for modders to update their mods, it was the same with every patch. bored.gif

yes they do, they focrefully prevent hooking now, it will take ages before you will see any scripthook running on this patch.

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:30 PM Edited by noid449, 12 November 2009 - 03:58 PM.

so will we see modable cars and stuff like handling ( i`m guessing its the scripthooks), in the near future or will you guys wait till after dlc?
cos im guessing if you make something now knowing the code is likely to change it would be a waste?
i agree that the single player should be modable but strong restrictions on multiplayer, just becoasue its free mode it doesn`t mean i want to see tugs falling from the sky LOl.

if the dlc`s are coming im sure id want to at least attempt it without the cheats and mods making it too easy, as its meant to be

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (noid449 @ Nov 12 2009, 17:30)
so will we see modable cars and stuff like handling etc , in the near future or will you guys wait til after dlc ? cos im guessing if you make something now knowing the code is likely to change it would be a waste?

That stuff doesn't fall into this category. You most probably can edit the data files (text files), not sure about archives, though.

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

so at the moment we can change handling on latest patch? . it just seems that to have the game bug free ... ... as rockstar intend for us you should install the latest patch, but then if you have completed the game and want to stil enjoy it by modding and changing some stuff like enviromental mods etc yo ucant . and as they havent as of yet released the dlc for pc then it makes me feel second class to the mighty consoles .. sad.gif

hope all that made sense

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 12 2009, 14:48)
I would of course prefer to skip TLaD and go straight to TBoGT but this is the way it has to be.

Dude, The Lost and Damned is brilliant, I don't get why most of you guys are real dicks about it, the story and characters are brilliant, the soundtrack is amazing, the gang feeling is done right (YES BETTER THAN THE HOLY GRAIL SAN ANDREAS). Plus, compared to TBOGT, TLAD actually has a lot more connections to GTA IV story wise and follows it closer to the original IV idea.

TBOGT is just crazy party dance music fun with a load of high powered weapons and sky diving. More akin to Saints Row and San Andreas style gameplay that "real" GTA think the series should be.

Basically, all of you reading this, at least give TLAD a try, it's the best DLC I've downloaded, I consider it better than TBOGT but then again I'm not normal, I prefer playing the Biker Races instead of the Nos races.

I know people have their own opinions, but it somewhat makes me feel sad for the GTA community the way they constantly sh*t on TLAD because TBOGT is San Andreas like "SO DAT MEENS IT'S BETTER THAN GAY RACIST BIKERS!!!1"

hn333
  • hn333

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 12 2009, 18:00)
I would of course prefer to skip TLaD and go straight to TBoGT but this is the way it has to be.

Dude, The Lost and Damned is brilliant, I don't get why most of you guys are real dicks about it, the story and characters are brilliant, the soundtrack is amazing, the gang feeling is done right (YES BETTER THAN THE HOLY GRAIL SAN ANDREAS). Plus, compared to TBOGT, TLAD actually has a lot more connections to GTA IV story wise and follows it closer to the original IV idea.

TBOGT is just crazy party dance music fun with a load of high powered weapons and sky diving. More akin to Saints Row and San Andreas style gameplay that "real" GTA think the series should be.

Basically, all of you reading this, at least give TLAD a try, it's the best DLC I've downloaded, I consider it better than TBOGT but then again I'm not normal, I prefer playing the Biker Races instead of the Nos races.

I know people have their own opinions, but it somewhat makes me feel sad for the GTA community the way they constantly sh*t on TLAD because TBOGT is San Andreas like "SO DAT MEENS IT'S BETTER THAN GAY RACIST BIKERS!!!1"

I just don't like bikers.

geokes
  • geokes

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

Dude if were getting one DLC were gonna get both so dont get angry

Gilly1987
  • Gilly1987

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (hn333 @ Nov 12 2009, 18:17)

i totally agree ,i played it on xbox ,it was alright. but i hate them types of motorbikes and the biker gang culture is lame,horrible heavy metal music barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif
nearly every mision ure more or lessed forced on them sh*tty bikes

anyone seen the new south park ? johny you fa**ot tounge2.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Gilly1987 @ Nov 12 2009, 21:03)

i totally agree ,i played it on xbox ,it was alright. but i hate them types of motorbikes and the biker gang culture is lame,horrible heavy metal music barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif barf8bd.gif

This community sucks.

jesusramirez
  • jesusramirez

GTA IV PC

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:13 PM Edited by jesusramirez, 12 November 2009 - 09:16 PM.

The topic is about DLC for the PC? monocle.gif Not What is your opinions about TLAD ? sly.gif Most of the GTA IV PC user are waiting it, so post your comments to http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=431809

Captain Hemorrhoid
  • Captain Hemorrhoid

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hey, I am not so hot about the bikers either, but I said the same about the hippity-hoppity SA and to some extent of the Slavic invasion of LC in GTAIV, before I actually played them. Then I simply got sucked inside the game world, they're just so brilliant. The ethic/cultural background becomes a non-issue, when the plot and gameplay are so hardcore.

The only thing I know I will HATE is the gringeworthy music... it gives me a headache. suicidal.gif

Anyhow, I love GTA IV to bits, and any additional content for PC is just great, so bring it on already! inlove.gif

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Nov 12 2009, 15:03)

LOL Dude, you have no f*cking idea whom you're talking to. Just go away before you make yourself look even more stupid. suicidal.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

Who says you have to listen to heavy metal music in TLAD?
I listen to LRR, VCFM and The Beat tounge.gif

But I think both DLC will head the PCs way.
If not though, then PC users are missing out on a whole chunk of the story and fun wow.gif

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

Your forgetting one thing, Independance FM for the DLC, so screw the heavy metal while being a biker, Lady Gaga can play while I ride and shoot rival gangs biggrin.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Rachinator @ Nov 12 2009, 19:15)
Your forgetting one thing, Independance FM for the DLC, so screw the heavy metal while being a biker, Lady Gaga can play while I ride and shoot rival gangs biggrin.gif

LOL

Anyway, this is great news.

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

are the dlc`s with new radio stations? or updated shows?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

I imagine the DLC the PC gets will be exactly the same as the 360 version. The DLC contains a new "mini" story line, new weapons, new vehicles, radio stations are expanded with new music and I believe a new radio station is added. There are also new mini games, new side missions and random characters. There is also a new comedian at split sides and I think there are new TV programs and new websites.

So as you can see the DLC is pretty extensive, I don't know much about TLaD because I have never played it. However I have had a chance to experience TBoGT on the xbox and it is pretty good fun (if you can get past the retarded control scheme with joypads).

Ash_735 I am not deriding TLaD but TBoGT brought several features to GTA 4 that some users sorely miss. I am sure TLaD has a much better story line but in many ways it didn't add anything new in terms of vehicles. The Ballad of Gay Tony added a tank and parachutes, I have played with the parachutes and they are damn good fun. This is why TLaD is getting a bit over looked.

Me I will be getting TLaD the second it is launched, I will then get TBoGT the second it is launched and just as a nice extra lil treat for myself I will buy the EFLC disc as well. I love GTA and I f*cking LOVE GTA on the PC.

hn333
  • hn333

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

I hate those bikes, just one more reason for me not to play it.

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

any official word on the TLAD DLC for pc? i cant wait to play it... but i dont want to put my hopes too high before its official!

Nillansan
  • Nillansan

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

Count me in. I am really excited to get TLAD. I got the same vibe from watching and reading reviews of both TLaD and TBoGT. While TBoGT's over-the-top action sequences looks insanely fun, I am really looking forward to TLaD's storyline. Oh and I am all in for some death metal and thrash. Can't wait!

micheal687
  • micheal687

Micheal

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

First they said ...

it is only for xbox 360 and now they are releasing some patch with dlc achivements in it

i cant under stand.. R* plays in mysterious ways

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (micheal687 @ Nov 13 2009, 04:23)
First they said it is only for xbox 360 and now they are releasing some patch with dlc achivements in it...

Depending on the way you look at it, it is either "economics" or "money grabbing attempts by huge corporations." XBox exclusive my a*ss, Micro$oft !

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

Ah just for sh*ts and giggles anyone remember this from one of the first PC previews :-
QUOTE (IGN)
But what about the downloadable content on the way for the Xbox 360 version?

QUOTE (Rob Nelson)
"The downloadable content is exclusive to the Xbox 360,"

source

Ah you just couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

^ LOL Reading this one year later is funny as hell. I feel sorry for the kids who believe in all the corporate bulls*hit. Oh well... they simply have to learn the hard way.

KaLaC
  • KaLaC

Quality not Quantity

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Rob Nelson)

It's Timed Exclusive!!

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:25 AM Edited by OutOfTimer, 13 November 2009 - 02:48 PM.

QUOTE (KaLaC @ Nov 13 2009, 05:07)
QUOTE (Rob Nelson)

It's Timed Exclusive!

Your argument lacks basic sense. Withholding a vital piece of information in order to distort receiver's understanding is a device employed in psychological manipulation.

Consider the following example:

I killed somebody.

I killed somebody in a game.

These two sentences are not equivalent. The "in a game" bit is a prepositional phrase (PP), which works as an adjunct in this sentence and modifies the content it refers to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users