• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

user posted image

This topic is for questions, additions, etcetera, about the GTA IV Photo Contest. This topic will also be used for the fourth voting round. Please don't reply at the other topic.

You can see the photo's in the announcement topic. Only votes with the following list will be counted:
CODE
[b]1:[/b]
[b]2:[/b]
[b]3:[/b]
[b]Motivation[/b]

The theme of the third round is:

WTF?

Take this in consideration when you want to vote!

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

1:Firewalker999
2:Gangxxter
3:CharmingCharlie
Motivation
Firewalker999 in first as it's just one of those chaotic scenes you get every time you play, and the positioning of the wtf makes it perfection! Ganxxter as that's a damn fine shot to the chin with the taxi board, having wtf on there too just makes the picture. And CharmingCharlie in third as of his and GtaHitmanStrikesBack's, his was slightly more perverted lol.

Great photo's all competition folks, although aren't we missing some entries this round?

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

1: Hanneswasco
2: john88z
3: Gangxxter
Motivation: Thales, at first I thought you must have cheated, but that's actually very clever. Nicely done. nemesi5 has a nice sky background -- the weird angle the "wtf" here, right? CharmingCharlie!?? Nicely done! Comic timing to the max'! Firewalker999 -- yep, seen that a thousand times myself. Weirdest thing. Gangxxter's pic is clearly awesome timing. That is just very well done. Gratz, dude. Graven's is an example of how no matter HOW good R* get with their rage engine, it still shows bloopers like that. happy.gif GtaHitmanStrikesBack <sidebar> why consoles couldn't include the ability to click shots onto a usb key, I'll never know; I mean, are sony n MS utterly clueless or just stupid? </> has a similar example, but CC's is clearer. john88z's is another of perfect timing. Just brilliant. But, ultimately, it has to be Hanneswasco's shot: 'cuz, seriously, WTF is with that?!?! Is he jogging in the sky?!

Love y'all's work, guys. It's been fun to read.

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

1: thales100
2: CharmingCharlie
3: John88z
Motivation
1. That's hella funny. Niko and..the other guy by the bed.
2. I love it. The hot dog, it's brilliant.
3. Niko is like a bum! Very funny.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

1.thales100
2. charming charlie
3. john88z

thales & charlie ones have suggestive themes lol.gif and john's is also wtf, niko in the trash.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

1: CharmingCharlie
2: Hanneswasco
3: nemesi5

Motivation
CharmingCharlie, your photo is bloody brilliant . You can look at it for an hour and still find things you didn't notice earlier. Instead of just taking a picture where Niko crouches in front of another citizen, you added lots of other things. The most brilliant part is the hot dog. Keep in mind that Niko throws the hotdog away in a few moments. Perfect timing! Besides that, it is in multiple ways "WTF". First, of course, what Niko "does". Second the "wtf" on the board. Third, the board about sleeping with my mum. Fourth, it is outstanding quality, so that is also "wtf". Besides the good quality, the good connection to the theme, the many details, and the creativity, does it also include humour. The police car at the background is genius, I don't think they would like to see it. wink.gif And the "sports" at the right hand side, Niko is really doing a sport atm lol. This is in my opinion the best screenshot of the whole competition, so you are first with a clear mile.

Second I chose for Hanneswasco. I don't think it is that much connected to the theme, that is too bad. But it is timed perfectly. It is creative, but doesn't have many details. A beautiful screen, though, that is why it gets the second place.
Third is nemesi5. It is kind of the same motivation as Hanneswasco. It isn't that much connected to the theme, but a beautiful photo. It isn't that creative as the one of Hanneswasco, that is why I put this photo in third place and not in second.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

1:thales100
2:CharmingCharlie
3:nemesi5
Motivation: I voted for thales for his quality tounge.gif . CC because it's funny and nemesi because uhh...

francomg
  • francomg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

1:thales100
2:john88z
3:GtaHitmanStrikesBack
Motivation: Thales' pic is funny as hell, bernie and niko in playboy's house near bed, john88z and gtahitman also great shots with cool angles

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:09 PM Edited by Now or Never, 29 May 2009 - 03:27 PM.

1.thales100
2. charming charlie
3. john88z
Motivation-Thales funny story, CC really liked its nice and john88z that one was really funny and WTF!!!to.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

May the best win.
also dutchy, I told you that I'd take the screen last night.
I did but forgot to upload.

and don't forget about my suggestion... wink.gif

1.CharmingCharlie
2.Hanneswaco
3.Gangxxter

CC for his utter hilarity biggrin.gif
Hannes for the great shot, reminded me of rag doll kung fu fists of plastic somehow, kung fu in the air icon14.gif
Gangxxter for the perfect timing of the screen!

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

1: Thales100
3: Firewalker999
Motivation: Thales because I've always wanted to see Niko and Bernie making sweet, sweet love. Oh, and the quality too. CharmingCharlie because it was funny and truly WTF. Firewalker999 because it had a nice little subliminal message.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

1:CharmingCharlie
2:Firewalker999
3:John88z
Motivation
I liked these cause they were fun. Nice little detail on Firewalker999´s pic are the crossed legs of cab driver. Charlie´s is very creative.

jsh
  • jsh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

1:Firewalker999
2:nemesi5
3:GtaHitmanStrikesBack
Motivation: You don`t stop amazing me Firewalker999 Its just amazing,man.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

1.thales100
2.CharmingCharlie
3.Gangxxter
Motivation:
1- very cool pic, it just makes me lol.gif everytime I see it, very good.
2-great pic! you alway choose the funniest moments of liberty city for your pics.
3- cool pic, you captured it right in the best moment. I wouldn't want to be that guy biggrin.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

There were really only 3 pictures that actually made me say "WTF" and so those are my finalists.

1: Charming Charlie - Hands down the best WTF moment. 2 other people took similar shots (sneak blowjob lol) but this one is easily the best. Niko has got the hotdog and the blank look on Packie's face actually makes it that much more funny.

2: Thales - This is a great shot for anyone who's played through the game and knows about Bernie. The way they are staring into each others eyes with the bed right behind them is priceless.

3: John88z - Now this was the only other true WTF moment of all the entries. It's totally random and pretty funny since it looks like someone just got rolled down the street in a trashcan and is bailing out. Good capture.

Even though this contest was pretty much over after round 2, it was great to see what everyone came up with. In my opinion, there should be another contest in which anything goes. People should be allowed to use their mods and whatever other skills they have to take the most wild/funny/weird screenshots they can.

Hanneswasco
  • Hanneswasco

Awesome KiWi

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

1: CharmingCharlie
2: GtaHitmanStrikesBack
3: John88z
Motivation
CharmingCharlie's picture is just briliant!

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

1:Hanneswasco
2:CharmingCharlie
3:Gangxxter

Motivation
1Hanneswasco-Just so funny and wtf lol.

2CharmingCharlie-Why didn't i think of that lol

3Gangxxter That guy got owned lol

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

1: thales100
3: john88z
Motivation
john88z's is slapstick gold, though not quite as WTF as CC's - can't beat a good sausage joke. But I love how thales has used Niko's generic (otherwise boring) stone-faced expression as the perfect 'WTF' response to Will Ferrell dressed as an aerobics instructor stuck in a time warp.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

1:Charming Charlie.
2:Thales100
3:Hanneswasco
Motivation This first wins one hands down for me, just pure comic genius. Thales100's picture is also a pretty good WTF moment, as I had never got Bernie into bed during the storyline, and the last one was a toss up between them all really.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

1:CharmingCharlie
2:Hanneswasco
3:John88z
Motivation
CC provides the best WTF experience. Good idea, great timing, fitting location and funny description
Hanneswasco lets Niko audience for ChinaTown wars ?, very "WTF".
John88z's screen really makes you wonder; what happened?

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:11 AM

1. thales100
2. CharmingCharlie
3. Gangxxter
Motivation:
Thales's pic was just priceless. Don't know what to say, I just loved it.
CharmingCharlie had another great one, the hotdog perfectly placed icon14.gif
Gangxxter, great use of that sign, lol turn.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

Just a reminder that this is the final day for voting, you have less than 8 hours till voting closes and charmingcharlie erm someone is announced the winner wink.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

1. John88z
2. Graven
3. Hydro_PT

Motivation:
I've voted for those three pics because they really made me say "WTF!?" when I opened them for the first time.
John88z: Perfect timing and WTF^^
Graven: Well, that's what I call a classic WTF moment biggrin.gif
Hydro_PT: The third one was the hardest because there was no other picture which truly made me say "WTF". Many are very funny, others are impressive, but there is no "WTF"-type of screenshot left. I think Hydro_PT's screenshot comes closest to a "WTF"-screenshot IMHO.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

Well looks like I am gonna be the last to vote so here goes :-

1. John88z
2. GtaHitmanStrikesBack
3. Hanneswasco

Well firstly I liked John88z's it has great comical value and I can't imagine it was easy getting Niko in that damn bin. Next in 2nd place is GtaHitmanStrikesBack, clearly having the same idea I had and he showed a lot of patience doing that with a camera. Finally Hanneswasco with Niko doing an 80's disco move whilst travelling at 80mph towards the earth, I just love it.

All in all everyone did great screen shots though, it was a great contest and I know I had a lot of fun.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

CharmingCharlie sings in a Frank Sinatra voice

andddddddddddddd now the end is near and I am guilty of double posting
It's been fun, it's been a laugh and Dutchy3010 ran out of image hosting
but what's more we did it ourrrrrrrrrrr way.

anyway yeah erm that be the end of the contest so this ole topic gets locked. If you still have something to say on the screenshots then please feel free to use this thread :-

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=407324

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users