Photo

[REL/WIP] SA Overdose effects

1,041 replies to this topic
HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

STFU, i know how to remove them but i just wanna know what is their .fxp wink.gif

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (HPro @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 19:58)
STFU, i know how to remove them but i just wanna know what is their .fxp wink.gif

HPro, could you prove your skills by deleting these three trails from the explosion? Thanks.

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 20:21)

HPro, could you prove your skills by deleting these three trails from the explosion? Thanks.

Hmm, i have been thinking many times if i should give it to you after that you disappointed me for being so disrespectful.

But I'm not selfish so here is the link:

No Smoke Trails sh*t

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 15:13)
@HPro: I did not give you permission to modify my work, so stop pretending.

Did you not read?

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:08 AM Edited by jackusCTB, 04 January 2013 - 08:44 AM.

QUOTE (HPro @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 02:22)
QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 20:21)

Hmm, i have been thinking many times if i should give it to you after that you disappointed me for being so disrespectful.

But I'm not selfish so here is the link:

No Smoke Trails sh*t

It works, thanks. Function-X, I suggest to include his effects.fxp into Overdose Folder so you can choose the one you want smile.gif

GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM
  • GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM

Passionate Timecyc Creator...

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hey What's wrong with those three trails? Instead of REMOVING them, Function-X can UPDATE them and make them more realistic. (I really think those trails are Cool).

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 09:42)
Hey What's wrong with those three trails? Instead of REMOVING them, Function-X can UPDATE them and make them more realistic. (I really think those trails are Cool).

Dude these three trails are unrealistic as hell. I bet you can't find an explosion video with such these trails.

futureAllrounder
  • futureAllrounder

Stay cool!

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 10:33)

Dude these three trails are unrealistic as hell. I bet you can't find an explosion video with such these trails.

The GTA IV like explosions are fine. GTA IV is in many ways really unrealistic, but it wasnt made to be realistic. It just got stunning physics and of course effects like the explosions. And I love those. And it's Overdose Effects not Realistic Effects. Thats why I like this mod so much, because it's unique for GTA SA.

tridbee
  • tridbee

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hey Function-X, I just tried your v1.5, It's good biggrin.gif But about weapon's explosion effect (stachel, grenade, Rlauncher, Hseek,...) you set those fragments fly upward only. In the next update, can you add some fragments fly downward? biggrin.gif

Sorry for bad English biggrin.gif

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Is it possible to have .gif effects? biggrin.gif
demo

GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM
  • GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (futureAllrounder @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 14:01)
QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 10:33)

The GTA IV like explosions are fine. GTA IV is in many ways really unrealistic, but it wasnt made to be realistic. It just got stunning physics and of course effects like the explosions. And I love those. And it's Overdose Effects not Realistic Effects. Thats why I like this mod so much, because it's unique for GTA SA.

Finally someone who got my point!

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Function-x could you make this kind of particle? i think it should be really easy especially with your new trail textures. smile.gif

GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM
  • GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hey FunctionX, i have found a bug which many people might have noticed. When my vehicle is flipped over, the explosion occurs "upside-down". I know it may be a difficult to fix, but you should do something about it. monocle.gif

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by HPro, 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 10:47)
Hey FunctionX, i have found a bug which many people might have noticed. When my vehicle is flipped over, the explosion occurs "upside-down". I know it may be a difficult to fix, but you should do something about it.   monocle.gif

Easily fixed wink.gif

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

About the explosions, there's many different opinions...
You people can show me some sort of a 'ingame' footage of that explosion you wish to see happening in SA.

@jackusCTB: SA sprite max is 4 frames only. And about the flare, in my opinion it should be better made as a script, spewing smoke in 3 directions like that old fireworks script by Ryosuke, And they also must be made using those trails you deeply hate, with the other trails they will look less "animated", but it can be done i guess. Did this flare appear in any new games ? Because i will understand my best options when i see it.

@GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM: I left it like that for a couple reasons, it's just beneficial for some other situations, maybe it will be fixed in the future.

@HPro: If you mean changing the explosion 'Slot' then it's not really a good idea.

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 20:06)
You people can show me some sort of a 'ingame' footage of that explosion you wish to see happening in SA.

@jackusCTB: SA sprite max is 4 frames only. And about the flare, in my opinion it should be better made as a script, spewing smoke in 3 directions like that old fireworks script by Ryosuke, And they also must be made using those trails you deeply hate, with the other trails they will look less "animated", but it can be done i guess. Did this flare appear in any new games ? Because i will understand my best options when i see it.

@GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM: I left it like that for a couple reasons, it's just beneficial for some other situations, maybe it will be fixed in the future.

@HPro: If you mean changing the explosion 'Slot' then it's not really a good idea.

@Function-X: BF3 IR Flare
Explosion without smoke trails are better as i can see.

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by jackusCTB, 09 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Yes it does appear in Battlefield 3, COD: MW2, BO, MW3, BOII. It would be the best if you could make this flare countermeasure cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
I think in the explosion there must be much more smoke and if, please, you could make the fire something like this. Take as reference bf3 beacuse it's the most advanced game till now. Explosion from bf3: YouTube

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 20:59)

Yes it does appear in Battlefield 3, COD: MW2, BO, MW3, BOII. It would be the best if you could make this flare countermeasure cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
I think in the explosion there must be much more smoke and if, please, you could make the fire something like this. Take as reference bf3 beacuse it's the most advanced game till now. Explosion from bf3: YouTube

He'll not update it now

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

:)

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 21:06)
[...] explosion you wish to see happening in SA.

I would love to see some explosion from Bad Company 2 in SA. Maybe explosion of grenade or M3A3 shell explosion. Also if you could make explosion of AA-12 shell from TBoGT.

[WC]Cloud
  • [WC]Cloud

Grollensoul

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Very nice version 1.5 ....

I made a video too....

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi Funcion-X-, could you relase, if you want, a small fix to the tank muzzle flash?
user posted image

xPaulya
  • xPaulya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

good effects! I made a video too....

[WC]Cloud
  • [WC]Cloud

Grollensoul

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hey Function-X- can I get the permission to release an Overdose Effects 1.5 Part One version with your Overdose Effects 1.3 blood ? (you've got all rights because you are the Author)
If not so I will use them private without release (:

GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM
  • GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE ([WC]Cloud @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 13:31)
Hey Function-X- can I get the permission to release an Overdose Effects 1.5 Part One version with your Overdose Effects 1.3 blood ? (you've got all rights because you are the Author)
If not so I will use them private without release (:

Oh that would be TOO COOL!!! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif I hope Function X allows your edit, Mr Cloud!

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Sorry, had to take a break. sleepy.gif

@jackusCTB: Any videos of the flare in BF3 ? i just wanna see how it works exactly, and well about the fire i will just pretend i didn't see that, how do you expect me to do this with 4 frames only... notify.gif
the tank muzzle is possible, but it doesn't have to look like that i think, not really sure. Also about the BF3 explosions, i think they are horrible to be honest, way too fast and unrealistic in my opinion. They just wanted to make them unlaggy with no care about visuals whatsoever.

@Pawelo: Post screenshots or videos if you want something specific, i don't really play any games lately.

@[WC]Cloud&xPaulya: Thanks for the videos smile.gif and about the blood, sure you can do that !

Did a Tesla coil effect for absolutely no reason:
user posted image

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:39)

@jackusCTB: Any videos of the flare in BF3 ? i just wanna see how it works exactly, and well about the fire i will just pretend i didn't see that, how do you expect me to do this with 4 frames only... notify.gif
the tank muzzle is possible, but it doesn't have to look like that i think, not really sure. Also about the BF3 explosions, i think they are horrible to be honest, way too fast and unrealistic in my opinion. They just wanted to make them unlaggy with no care about visuals whatsoever.

@Pawelo: Post screenshots or videos if you want something specific, i don't really play any games lately.

@[WC]Cloud&xPaulya: Thanks for the videos smile.gif and about the blood, sure you can do that !

user posted image

It will make use in the game somehow?

[WC]Cloud
  • [WC]Cloud

Grollensoul

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:39)

user posted image

Overdose effects 1.5 part one with Overdose 1.3 blood
Video:

Download:
http://www.mediafire...cya4yg773vlyx4d

GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM
  • GTA_SA_Guru_ZIM

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanx mr Cloud ans Function X! You will always be remembered! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

rondellboom123
  • rondellboom123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I like this effect mod, but the only thing that spoilt it was the trails. It looks better without, and besides, I think smoke trails can be done with CLEO.

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

@Danikov: I do particle effects only, what they are used for is not really my problem. I do these new particles to inspire modders so they can go wild with their imagination and do something new, problem is that creativity seems to be absent here lately...
@[WC]Cloud: Cool.

I thought you guys will like those trails because it's the fashion lately, i know they look kinda crappy in motion, but it's all i could do without scripts. I will make the new car explosion like this one from the Act of Valor video by FPSRussia, Would that be ok people ?
Anyway a car explosion is suppose to be a small fireball, i think in Mafia 2 it was like this too.

Hit me with more requests if there's any.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users