Photo

Any cheats to get alot of money?

15 replies to this topic
johnb89
  • johnb89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:46 AM

I didn't see any cheats for money on gamefaqs,so is there any other way to get alot of money? I wanna buy all the spots on the game!

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

Are you asking for cheats that will give you maximum money? Or are you after modifications? I'm going to assume you're after cheat judging by the contents of your post, so shall change the topic title around a bit, and move this to the Cheats & Tricks section.

I've had a look in the Confirmed Cheats topic & found nothing, so I wouldn't advise you to check there. Just to be sure, you are on the PC platform, aren't you..?

Also, if you want to earn a lot of money quickly without cheating, you might want to have a glance through this post - How to Earn Easy Money.

Out of all of them I'd recommend the Cone Crazy glitch. It's simple, and very beneficial towards you.

Here's the amount of money you will earn for bettering your Cone Crazy record by one second every-time-

CODE
$200
$400
$800
$1,600
$3,200
$6,400
$12,800
$25,600
$51,200
$102,400
$204,800
$409,600
$819,200
$1,638,400
$3,276,800
$6,553,600
$13,107,200
$26,214,400
$52,428,800
$104,857,600
$209,715,200
$419,430,400
$838,860,800

What you have to do, is run the course, but don't collect the last checkpoint until you have only one second remaining. Then the next time, collect the last checkpoint with two seconds remaining, and so on. Your money will be maximum in no time! icon14.gif

Note: If you still want modifications that will give you maximum money, have a look over at GTAGarage.com. Also note that if you are still searching for modifications, this topic will not belong here and I will be forced to lock it.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

note on the cone crazy thing-- read about it in the link to "easy money guide" provided-- if you have the later versions of the game, they fixed it sort of... to make it harder to max your money... they take away 1 second for picking up the checkpoints the first 5 or 6 times you do it-- so leave 1 second on for the first several runs then leave 2, 3, 4, etc... this will make it harder to max your money but is still possible-- just very difficult-- it is easy in the original version on PS2-- the link provides more info on this...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:16 AM Edited by radioman, 29 May 2009 - 08:19 AM.

The only money cheat available is Demerst's Oriflamme code tool, located here courtesy of Archive.org, since Dem's site(tfads.com) is temporarily down.

I thought the Cone Crazy glitch only worked on the Original PS2 release, and was fixed on the PC, X-Box 360, and PS2 Greatest Hits/Triple pack releases?

But other than that, you can try what Flicko and Spuds has said. smile.gif Hope this helps.

But an easy way to get money, is by collecting hidden packages(each one gives you money), knocking over the parking meters downtown, Doing the R3 missions, Rampages, Unique Jumps, killing peds and picking up the dropped cash, buying the assets and completing the jobs within them(then they will always generate money for you to pick up), etc...the list goes on and on. Hope this helps.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ May 29 2009, 09:16)
The only money cheat available is Demerst's Oriflamme code tool, located here courtesy of Archive.org, since Dem's site(tfads.com) is temporarily down.

You could also make the most of Demarest's other Code Tools, some of which have been re-hosted by Spuds (The Oriflamme is no longer in archive). Check the Downloads Database to see a list of them. In particular, I'd go for either the Brass City tool (which gives you $400,000 & makes all buy-able assets available to you) or the Shatterstorm tool (as it collects all hidden packages for you, thus giving you thousands of dollars). Brass City seems like the best bet though.

I thought the Cone Crazy glitch only worked on the Original PS2 release, and was fixed on the PC, X-Box 360, and PS2 Greatest Hits/Triple pack releases?

I have exploited this trick many times on my platinum version of the game, so would assume that to be incorrect.

But an easy way to get money, is by collecting hidden packages(each one gives you money), knocking over the parking meters downtown, Doing the R3 missions, Rampages, Unique Jumps, killing peds and picking up the dropped cash, buying the assets and completing the jobs within them(then they will always generate money for you to pick up), etc...the list goes on and on. Hope this helps.

.. all of which can be found & discussed in detail here. smile.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:05 AM Edited by radioman, 29 May 2009 - 09:10 AM.

You could also make the most of Demarest's other Code Tools, some of which have been re-hosted by Spuds (The Oriflamme is no longer in archive). Check the Downloads Database to see a list of them. In particular, I'd go for either the Brass City tool (which gives you $400,000 & makes all buy-able assets available to you) or the Shatterstorm tool (as it collects all hidden packages for you, thus giving you thousands of dollars). Brass City seems like the best bet though.

Yes, Brass City would be the best bet, as unlocks the Assets, but if i'm not mistaken, you need the 2nd .scm file for your regular gameplay, so it doesn't glitch the game when you pass the mission Shakedown, which unlocks the assets normally. But I mentioned Oriflamme, as I have got near max. money by using that-I forgot what key it was I pressed off hand, but I think it was the capslock key(the R3 mission starter key).? I also like Oriflamme because it unlocks ALL the guns at the Ammunations, so I can go to the West Island early, and stock up on the MP5, M4, and combat shotgun, and the good sniper rifle, all before the 1st mission. Good thing I still have the Orifflame code tool backed up on my computer, since it isn't available anymore. Do you need it for the Downloads Database topic, flicko? If so, I can send it to you.

Also, good job on confirming the Cone Crazy glitch on the Triple Pack version of the game. By any chance, is it any different than the Original release, I mean what changes did they make to it? smile.gif Since it works on the newer release of the PS2, it should work on PC then, since it seems like the Greatest Hits-PS2 is pretty much the same as the PC release.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ May 29 2009, 10:05)
Yes, Brass City would be the best bet, as unlocks the Assets, but if i'm not mistaken, you need the 2nd .scm file for your regular gameplay, so it doesn't glitch the game when you pass the mission Shakedown, which unlocks the assets normally.

Indeed it does. Brass City comes with two SCMs - the first one unlocks the assets & the second one is used to play through Shakedown after Brass City has been used.

From the ReadMe -

If you use brasscity1st.scm, then you must use brasscity2nd.scm when you play Shakedown. brasscity2nd.scm is JUST like the original game except that during Shakedown, it won't make properties available because they already will be from brasscity1st.scm. Failure to do this could lead to any number of unpredictables and I take no responsibility for what happens to your game progress as a result of NOT following these instructions. Again, you only need to use brasscity2nd.scm IF you've used brasscity1st.scm AND you're about to play Shakedown.

I have no idea why I only linked to the first SCM, so will link both right now -

-- First SCM - here (can be used at any time)
-- Second SCM - here (must be used on Shakedown)

Good thing I still have the Orifflame code tool backed up on my computer, since it isn't available anymore. Do you need it for the Downloads Database topic, flicko? If so, I can send it to you.

That would be fantastic! Me & Spuds are trying to get all Demarest's Code Tools into the database, so if you have any other than the ones we already have, please, PM us with them! biggrin.gif

Also, good job on confirming the Cone Crazy glitch on the Triple Pack version of the game. By any chance, is it any different than the Original release, I mean what changes did they make to it?

You are referring to Cone Crazy, not the game itself, correct? I haven't actually played the original version of Vice City for a fair while now, but from the looks of it, and from what I can remember, no evident changes have been made to the side-mission aside from it being a tad more difficult to max out your money. They tried to fix this, and to an extent they did, but it is still very possible to make the most of this exploit. And yes, it does work on the PC & Xbox, but with an added level of difficulty. Read Spuds post above for more details on on this.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

You are referring to Cone Crazy, not the game itself, correct?

Yes, I was referring to the side mission. Thanks for confirming that it works on other platforms besides the Original.

Also, PM sent to you about the Oriflamme code tool for the Downloads Database. Let me know if everything is ok with the download link. smile.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

Cheers mate, I've gone ahead and added it to the databse, but unfortunately cannot verify whether it works or not, since I do not have VC on the PC. I'm sure Spuds will get around to it in due course. wink.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

I just DLed and will give it a try-- I'm going to rehost this as well-- I'm pretty sure filefront cleans house at times-- files that haven't been DLed in a while...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm pretty sure filefront cleans house at times-- files that haven't been DLed in a while

Yes, they do, but it lets me know ahead of time, and I can keep it hosted by taking it off the auto. delete list. I found that feature last night with one of my older files i had there. So it should be good to go.

The code tool should be fine, as the one I uploaded is the same one I use on my game.

dusty.rpk
  • dusty.rpk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

i have the file how do i load it?

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:07 AM Edited by p3v, 11 June 2009 - 11:14 AM.

why not just use some trainer to get loads of money??
try the Vice City Trainer by Random, it's good
it allow you to set your money from $0 to $9999999
download link:
http://members.lycos...red/Trainer.zip

it also has other cool features, check it out yourself
--------
if you only want to get load of money.. (more than $9999999..)
use the vc_pizzadox trainer
just google it, i don't know the direct link to this file
--------

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (dusty.rpk @ Jun 11 2009, 05:43)
i have the file how do i load it?

It's an .scm file, so basically, you just have to back up your original main.scm in the *install directory/data folder by renaming it to something like: mainORIGINAL.scm, and then rename the code tool to main.scm and cut/paste it in place. Use it to do what you need to do, then go back and rename the code tool's .scm to something like mainORRIFLAMME.scm, and rename your mainORIGINAL.scm back to just main.scm and you're back to your regular game. That's basically how I do it. smile.gif By default, your install directory is c:/program files/rockstar games/gta vice city/data. Hope this helps.

Magic Vincent
  • Magic Vincent

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

Well, there is a decent way to get cash. Get a vigilante vehicle and start the mission (R3). Wait until the criminal's blip appears on the map (It doesn't matter how far he is), exit the car, run somewhere safe and enter the blow up cars cheat. The criminal will be killed, and you'll get cash, and advance a level. Then enter the Rhino tank spawn cheat, and get in so your 60-second-out-of-vehicle timer goes away, and repeat the process. I got to lvl 12 (150 armor!) in about 6 minutes, and reached a max level of 142 before I got bored.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

Not that I advocate cheating--- To save some time with the above... just park the rhino or any police vehicle in a garage-- use the above cheat--- you can do it several times before having to get back in your vehicle... to heal the vehicle move far enough away from the door for it to close, go back in the garage and the blown up vehicle will be healed... rinse lather repeat...

The fastest way to get alot of money is the cone crazy trick- you can earn $999,999,999 easily in about 25 minutes in the original PS2 version... or about 35 minutes or so (if you don't screw it up) in the other versions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users